我们会极力满足您的一切需求
We’ll be providing you with anything you need.
谢谢你 我不会提过高的生活需求的
Thank you. I can assure you I’m very low-maintenance.
对 只是在他睡着时是这样
Only when he’s asleep.
这位是莱德洛夫太太 她负责照顾好各位获奖人的妻子们
This is Mrs. Lindelöf, who looks after our laureate wives.
你好 -卡索曼夫人
Hello. – Mrs. Castleman.
您丈夫在此期间会非常忙碌
They’ll be keeping your husband very busy,
我会在您有购物或美容护理需求时为您提供服务
so I can arrange for shopping and beauty treatments.
谢谢你 到时候再说 但…
Thank you. We’ll see, but…
卡索曼先生 这位是琳娜·英格瓦尔
Mr. Castleman, may I introduce to you Linnea Engwall
她是您的出版社推荐来
who will be your personal photographer.
担任您的私人摄像师的 -我非常荣幸 卡索曼先生
From your publishing house. – It’s an honor, Mr. Castleman.
我非常欣赏您的作品
I’m very much admiring of your work.
谢谢你 你真是太客气了
Thank you. You’re very kind.
我会用相机跟踪记录您在此的一切
And I will be trailing you with my camera,
当然 你就当我不存在就行 好吧?
but, of course, you just pretend I’m not there, okay?
这位是卡索曼夫人
This is Mrs. Castleman.
认识您很高兴 -大卫 来
Nice to meet you. – David.
这位是我的儿子 大卫
I’d like you to meet my son, David.
你好大卫 你能来我们非常开心
Hello, David. We are so very glad you could come.
我们非常支持孩子们陪父母一起来领奖
We are always pleased to have the children of our laureates.
事实上 我们觉得您和您父亲一样迷人
In fact, we see you as just as engaging as your father.
好 谢谢
All right. Okay.
我向你们保证 一旦我儿子渡过了倒时差的痛苦期
I can assure you, my son is very engaging
他就会变成一个万人迷的
when he’s not in the throes of jet lag.
那我们带你们去房♥间吧?
Well, shall we take you to your room, then?
好的 谢谢 您真是思虑周全
Yes, thank you. That would be very nice.
您带路吧 -谢谢你
Lead on. – Thank you.
这肯定是我律师送来的
This will be from my lawyer.
我读书专用眼镜是不是在你那? -对
Do you have my reading glasses? – Yeah.
他每次送来的都是这种便宜货
Yeah, he always sends the same cheap shit.
给你
Here you are.
对 就是他送的 这个铁公鸡
Yeah, that’s him. What a cheapskate.
大卫 这酒要不就放你房♥间啊?
David, do you want this for your room?
爸 我不要
No, Pop.
巧克力
Chocolates.
真好吃
That’s delicious.
大卫 你吃吗?
David?
不吃
No.
“享受美味吧 这是思薇雅·福莱的礼物”
“Enjoy, enjoy. From Sylvia Fry.”
思薇雅·福莱是谁啊?
Who the hell is Sylvia Fry?
你小说里的一个人物
One of your characters.
老爸 你居然没想起来
Jesus, Dad.
别难为你老爸了 大卫 他很累的
Don’t be hard on him, David. He’s tired.
我记忆出现短暂断片了 不行啊?
My memory’s a little shot at, okay?
你老了 也这样
It’ll happen to you.
你还喜欢抽烟 可能不到我这岁数就这样了
Sooner, perhaps, with your smoking.
对 老爸
Sure, Pop.
别都吃了 你会烧心的
Don’t eat all of those. You’ll get heartburn.
琼 你看了这里的书有多全吗?
Have you seen this library, Joan?
这什么书都有
They’ve got all the books.
这本是什么…
What’s it…
这连他妈阿♥拉♥伯语版《核桃》都有
They’ve even got a copy of The Walnut in fucking Arabic.
你听说过这版吗? -听过 这书可值钱了
Did you know about this edition? – Yeah. It bought our Sub-Zero.
别乱碰 你能别乱碰这些东西吗?
Careful with that. Would you be careful?
你…你这是干什么?
What… Oh, my… What are you doing?
你咋想的? -我回房♥间了啊
What is the matter with you? – I’m gonna go and find my room.
好的 宝贝 好好休息一下
All right, darling. Get some rest.
那些水果再回房♥间 -行
Here, take some fruit with you. – Yeah.
他心情不好
He’s in a mood.
我倒是希望他能在这跟哪个姑娘来一炮
Well, let’s hope he gets laid while he’s here.
乔 别这么说他
Joe, don’t be so crude.
我说啥了?
What?
小琼 你有什么烦心事吗?
Joanie, is there something bugging you?
没有
No.
我没对那个女的有什么想法
I wasn’t attracted to that woman, you know.
我可不在乎
I really could care less.
来 刷刷牙 你嘴味太大了
Here, brush your teeth. Your breath is bad.
真的?
Really?
天啊 你说他们闻到了吗?
God. You think they noticed?
他们闻不到的 都忙着敬仰你呢
No, they were too busy being awed.
天啊
God.
这么高的关注度 我都快得环境不适症了
All this attention’s giving me agita.
我也不是很清楚 你能听听我的心跳吗?
I don’t know. Do you… Could you just listen to my heart?
是不是有偷停了一下? -没有
Is it skipping a beat? – No, it’s not.
我太老了 这样我真受不了 -我也是 亲爱的
God, I’m too old for this. – We both are, darling.
那我们现在干点什么呢?出去转转?
So what do we do now? We going out?
不去 还是睡一会儿吧
No. We’re gonna get some sleep.
小琼 -怎么了?
Joanie. – What?
能不能别这么闷声闷气的?
Can we try to enjoy this?
你好 阿切尔小姐
Hello, Miss Archer.
请进来吧
Please, come in.
你的小说
Your story.
我读了两遍 说实话 每次我都觉得…
I’ve read it twice, and frankly, both times…
我都觉得这小说写得非常棒
I found it to be quite good.
谢谢你 教授
Thank you, Professor.
我知道想写好个作品 你还有很多工作要做
Know that you still have a long way to go with this piece.
是的 我非常愿意对不足之处进行修改
Of course. I’m more than willing to make fixes.
我不是让你去改
I’m not asking you to fix anything.
我是希望你把角色再挖掘的更有深度一些
I’m asking you to go deeper.
你的字里行间都充斥着你独有的智慧
You write with a lot of intelligence,
但你跟作品是分离的
but you’re detached.
作品里的角色不就应该是脱离于现实的么 尤其是这里的母亲一角
The characters are supposed to be detached, especially the mother.
但她也不总是这样 不是吗?
But she wasn’t always that way, was she?
她也曾经是某对夫妻的孩子 某人的恋人
She was somebody’s child once, somebody’s lover.
她也有渴望 有恐惧 有欲望
And she has cravings, fears, secret desires.
我敢肯定 她也会放屁
I’m sure she even passes gas.
是的 但她却赖说是女仆放的
Yes, she does, but she blames it on their new maid.
这非常棒
That’s very good.
看来我得多小心点了
I see I’m going to have to watch out for you.
我可不好对付 教授
I can be quite a handful, Professor.
你不要总是特意向人表演你的魅力
Don’t ever try to put it on.
你自己本身就非常有魅力了
You’re charming enough just the way you are.
我想问你个事
I wanted to ask you something.
我想问的是 你这周六晚有没有空呢?
I was wondering whether by any chance you would be free on Saturday night.
有空
Yeah, I am.
你想不想做临时保姆
Would you be interested in babysitting?
自从范尼出生后 我和我妻子就没怎么出去过
My wife and I, we haven’t gotten out since Fanny was born.
好啊 我很喜欢小孩
Sure. I love babies.
真正的作家
The true writer,
不是为了出版作品才写作的
he does not write to get published.
他写作是因为他急于表达某些
He writes because he has something urgent and personal
个人想法
that he needs to say.
一个作家必须写作 如人必须呼吸一样
A writer must write, as he must breathe,
而且他不会停笔
and he keeps on doing it,
不管他多么寂寞 多么贫苦
despite the loneliness, despite the poverty,
不管他收到了多少张回绝信
despite the piles of rejection letters,
也不管父母或妻子会大声喊道
despite the parent or the wife who call out,
你这蠢材 为什么你就不能找份真正的工作呢?
“You fool. Why don’t you get a real job?”
一个作家 如果他不写作的话
A writer writes because if he does not,
他的灵魂就仿佛在经受饥荒之苦
his soul will starve.
他的灵魂缓缓地昏睡了
“His soul swooned slowly
当他听着雪花微微地穿过宇宙在飘落
“as he heard the snow falling faintly through the universe
微微地 如同他们最终的结局那样
“and faintly falling, like the descent of their last end,
飘落到所有的生灵和死者身上
“upon all the living and the dead.”
詹姆斯·乔伊斯(James Joyce,1882-1941)
爱尔兰作家 诗人 二十世纪最伟大的作家之一 后现代文学的奠基者之一
詹姆斯·乔伊斯 多说无益
James Joyce. No more needs to be said.
我让你去热她的奶瓶 -我热了啊
I asked you to heat her bottle. – I did.
这奶瓶冰冰凉的 -你告诉我去热 我就去热了啊
It’s ice-cold. – I did it when you told me to do it.
我提醒你哦 我家现在非常乱 进来吧
I’m warning you, it’s chaos in here. Come in.
是不是那个女孩? -是的 她叫琼
Is that the girl? – Yes. Her name is Joan.