是啊 -非常感谢
Yeah. – Thank you so much.
谢谢你 -恭喜你 老爸
Thank you. – Congrats, Pa.
这是什么?
What’s this?
这是马杜罗雪茄
They’re Maduros.
我的天啊
My God.
这也太贵重了吧 -不会的
These are spectacular. – No problem.
这礼物我太喜欢了 谢谢你 大卫
What a lovely gift. Thank you, David.
来看 你一直有抽烟啊
You’re still smoking, I see.
你在乎这事? -当然了
You care? – Of course I care.
我希望你将来的成就超越我
I’d like to see you outlive me.
那你读了我的作品了吗? -读了 以后我们再谈这个
So, did you read my piece? – Yes. We’ll talk.
所以你觉得我写的都是垃圾是吧?
So it is a piece of shit?
你怎么这么说?
Why do you do that?
因为很明显你不想跟谈这件事
Because you’re clearly avoiding the subject.
不是的 我现在没法专心跟你好好谈这件事
No, I’m clearly distracted at the moment.
听我说 有机会 我们坐下来好好谈谈
Look, we’ll talk when the time is appropriate.
行吗? -好的
Okay? – Yeah, okay.
去帮你妈妈吧
Please, go and help your mother.
不用啦 琼 让我来吧 -那怎么行…
No, Joan, let me do this. – No…
好啦 你就开心享受就好 -小琼
Please, you enjoy yourself. – Joanie.
这边 小琼 来
Here, Joanie. Come.
站那 来几杯香槟 苏珊娜呢?
There, some champagne. Where’s Susannah?
就在那
Right there.
老爸 我在这呢
Dad, I’m right here.
来 你也拿一杯酒
Come. Get yourself a glass.
我不能喝酒
I’m not drinking.
喝一小杯香槟对孩子不会有影响的 相信我
A glass of champagne will not harm the baby, believe me.
请大家安静一下 -好吗?乔 你讲吧
Quiet, please. – Okay? Let’s do this.
开始吧
Joe.
引用《堂吉诃德的冥想》里的一段话
To quote from the Meditations of Quixote,
自身和身边的人才构成一个完整的我
“I am I, plus my surroundings,
如果没有身边的人
“and if I do not preserve the latter,
那我也不是一个完整的我
“I do not preserve myself.”
今天 我是世上最快乐的人
Today, I’m the happiest of men.
我身体健康 不算那几个小搭桥手术的话
I have my health, give or take a few bypasses.
我还有你们 我的挚友们 我刻苦求学的学生们
I have you, my wonderful friends, my ever-curious students,
我的儿子大卫 我美丽的女儿苏珊娜
my son, David, my beautiful daughter, Susannah,
还有我即将出生的外孙
and a future grandchild,
她现在还开心的在她妈妈的羊水了游泳呢
who at this moment is happily floating in her mother’s amniotic fluid.
最后
And finally…
我还有我美丽的妻子 琼 她是我一生的挚爱
Finally, I have my beautiful wife, Joan, the love of my life.
过来 琼 我此生的挚爱
Joan, come here. The love of my life.
没有她
Without this woman,
我什么也不是
I am nothing.
事实上 我此生最大的成就
In fact, my greatest achievement is,
就是让这个女人嫁给我
well, persuading this woman to marry me.
哈尔 求你了 让他就说这么多吧 -那不行
Hal, please, get him to wrap it up. – No.
敬乔瑟夫·卡索曼
To Joseph Castleman,
敬这位我眼中 20世纪里还在世的最伟大的作家
who, in my opinion, is the greatest living author of the 20th century.
敬乔
Joe!
敬爸爸 -敬乔
Dad. – To Joe!
谢谢大家
Thank you, everybody.
卡索曼先生 您还要饼干吗?
Would you like another biscuit, Mr. Castleman?
好呀
Sure, yeah.
你是哪里人?
Where are you from?
剑桥 -真不错
Cambridge. – Nice.
您去过那吗? -没去过
Have you been? – No.
卡索曼夫人 您还要饼干吗?
Would you like another biscuit, Mrs. Castleman?
不要了 谢谢你
Thank you, no.
你想来一口吗? -不用了 你自己吃吧
You want a bite of my cookie? – No, thank you.
再给你一个枕头啊? -我有一个了
You want another pillow? – Got one.
你想看看这个吗?
You want to take a look at this?
我很想玩完我的填字游戏
I really want to do my crossword.
打扰下 卡索曼先生
Excuse me, Mr. Castleman.
后面有位先生
There’s a gentleman in the back
他说他知道您是谁 想跟你打声招呼
that says he knows you and would like to say hello.
纳撒尼尔·伯恩?
Nathaniel Bone?
跟他说… -抱歉打断一下
Tell him… – Sorry to interrupt.
谢谢
Thank you.
我只想说恭喜你了
I just wanted to say congratulations.
你好 纳撒尼尔 -嗨
Hello, Nathaniel. – Hey.
我想你不只是为了腌鲱鱼才飞往斯德哥尔摩吧
I take it you’re not flying to Stockholm purely for the pickled herring.
不 我不想错过你的颁奖典礼
No. I wouldn’t miss your award for anything.
你的成就真是无与伦比
It’s truly an astounding achievement, Joe.
我不是为了得这个奖 纳撒尼尔
It’s not about the prize, Nathaniel.
这是给我自己鼓劲儿 好好地去写下一个作品
It’s about getting up the gumption to write the next book.
就是这样 只有你才能有如此真知灼见
Absolutely. Well, that is why you are who you are.
请允许我也祝贺你 琼
May I also say congratulations to you as well, Joan.
我认为人们没有足够重视到获奖人♥妻♥子的贡献
I don’t think people give the spouse enough credit.
我很重视我的妻子啊 非常重视
I give my wife credit. I give her plenty of credit.
我不是说你 我是说这世上其他的人
That’s not what I meant. I meant the rest of the world.
评论家 读者 更有甚者…
The critics, the readers and most of all…
纳撒尼尔 你能有办法混到跟我一架航♥班♥上
Nathaniel, I know I’m supposed to be impressed
我承认你挺有手段的
that somehow you’ve wheedled your way onto this flight,
但我要跟你说清楚
but I’m telling you,
我不会让你来写我的个人传记的
I am not giving you permission to write my biography.
现在你能别打扰我们了吗? -没问题
Now, would you please leave us alone? – Absolutely.
您的话说的非常清楚 -行吧
You’ve made that abundantly clear. – Fine.
听懂了就行 -我很抱歉
Good. – I’m so sorry.
我只是想祝贺你们 -好
I just wanted to say congratulations. – Okay.
谢谢你特意过来打招呼 纳撒尼尔
Thank you for coming by and saying hello, Nathaniel.
我真心的祝贺你们 谢谢
I mean it, sincerely. Thank you.
嗨 大卫 你的作品写得怎么样了?
Hey, David, how’s the writing going?
赶紧走 纳撒尼尔 -那你继续睡吧
Move on, Nathaniel. – Go back to sleep. Apologies.
这人真讨厌 -你很没礼貌
What a schmuck. – You were rude.
我必须这样 要不这种货色就不会放弃纠缠的 我的天啊
You gotta be rude, otherwise the guy won’t give up. Jesus Christ.
但得罪这种人对你没什么好处
You don’t want to make an enemy of somebody like that.
一个心理受伤的写手
I mean, there’s nothing more dangerous than a writer
是这个世界上最危险的人
whose feelings have been hurt.
如果他受不了这种义正言辞的拒绝 那就死一边去吧
Fuck him if he can’t take a perfectly-justified rejection.
我只是告诉你我对于这件事的看法 -好吧 行 没事的
I was just making an observation. – Yeah, well, fine, good.
别忘了按照克伦茨医生要求去抻抻腿
Don’t forget to stretch your legs like Dr. Krentz says.
好的
Yeah.
卡索曼先生 欢迎来到斯德哥尔摩
Mr. Castleman, welcome to Stockholm.
您的到来 让我们蓬荜生辉
We are so delighted to have you here.
非常感谢
Thank you so much.
稍等我一下
Please. A moment.
好了 亲爱的
All right, darling.
请跟我来 -好的
Please, follow me. – Of course.
哎 这一趟旅程
Well, that was
还真挺不错的 -请看镜头 卡索曼先生
quite a journey getting here. – Excuse me, Mr Castleman.
是啊 -谢谢你
It was. Was it… – Thank you.
再拍一张就好 -谢谢
Just one more. – Thank you.
卡索曼夫人 之前打扰到你们了 真是不好意思
Mrs. Castleman, I wanna apologize for intruding earlier.
我不想成为让人们厌烦的人
I certainly didn’t wanna be a pest.
我为我丈夫的无礼向你致歉
Well, I apologize for my husband’s rudeness.
您不用的 我知道他身边总围绕着追捧他的人了
No need. I know he’s swamped by glad-handers all the time.
您能不能假装我说了什么有趣的话
Shall we pretend I said something amusing,
这样别人看来好像您也是很开心的样子
so it’ll look like you’re enjoying yourself as well?
不了 谢谢 我自己在这很好
No, thank you. I’m very comfortable standing here in my own thoughts.
小琼 过来一下
Joanie, please.
我的妻子 -好的
My wife. – Yes.
卡索曼夫人 你好 我是阿尔维德·英格达尔
Mrs. Castleman. Hello. I’m Arvid Engdahl.
就是我打电♥话♥告知你们获奖消息
I am the one who called you about the prize,
大半夜打扰你们休息了
waking you up at such an ungodly hour.
哪有打扰啊 你这一通电♥话♥给我丈夫增加了10年寿命呢
Not ungodly at all. It added 10 years to my husband’s life.
这位是乔瑟夫·卡索曼的夫人
This is the wife of Joe Castleman.
卡索曼先生 请允许我向您介绍 这位是沃尔特·巴克
Mr. Castleman, may I introduce you to Walter Bark,
他负责您在此期间诸多事宜的陪同协助工作
who will be accompanying you on your engagements.
卡索曼先生 我非常荣幸
Mr. Castleman, it’s an honor.