-好吗?晚安 -好的 先生
– Yeah? Good night. – Yes, sir.
他给我的钱只够买♥♥一张单程票
He only gave me enough for a one-way ticket.
颠覆了所有预期…
Upending all expectations
伟大的社♥会♥主♥义♥者万岁
…在穷困人口的支持下
and with the support of the poor?ue6da
伟大的社♥会♥主♥义♥者 赢得了绝大多数的选票
he Great Socialist has won a vast majority of the votes
她说:“我们的水龙头里没有水
saying, “There is no water in our taps,
德里那些有钱的政客 给了我们什么?”
and what did the rich politicians in Delhi give us?”
“给了手♥机♥”
“Cellphones.”
穷♥人♥口渴的时候能喝手♥机♥吗?
“Can a poor man drink a phone when he is thirsty?”
我们站错队了
We went to the wrong side.
王八蛋 把收音机关掉!
Turn that shit off, asshole!
我听不到你说话 再说一遍
I can’t hear you. Say that again?
我知道了 走吧!滚开!
I get it. Move! Back off!
对 所有没脑子的村庄都投给了她
Yeah. All the idiot villagers voted for her.
我们现在该怎么办?
What the fuck are we gonna do now?
开车啊 贱种!你为什么走这条路?
Drive, sister-fucker! Why’d you come this way?
社♥会♥主♥义♥万岁!
Long live socialism!
我父亲让我向您表示祝贺 我们都为您的胜出感到高兴
Father sends his warm congratulations.We’re all very happy for your success.
你们太有心了
So sweet of you.
我们想向您表示感谢 向贵党捐赠
As a matter of fact, we would like to show our appreciation by donating
一百万卢比以表心意
one million rupees to your party.
你们给反对党的钱 也是这个数吗 王八蛋?
Is that how much you paid the opposition party, fucker?
我们要四百万卢比 星期一晚上 喜来登酒店
We want four million rupees. Monday night, Sheraton Hotel.
明白吗?
Got it?
我从村里坐上一辆客车 然后坐上了一趟火车…
I took a bus from the village, then caught a train?
四处打听你的消息 才找到了这里
and got here after asking around about you.
奶奶说你会照顾我 会帮我成为一个司机
Granny said you would look after me and help me become a driver.
-你是谁? -达拉姆
– Who are you? – Dharam.
拉图姨的第四个儿子
Aunt Lattu’s fourth son.
-你手里的是什么? -一封信
– What’s in your hand? – A letter.
一封信?给我看
– A letter? Show it to me.
亲爱的孙子 你已经七个月零两天…
My dear grandson, it has been seven months and two days?
没给我们寄钱了
since you sent us money.
城市已经腐化了你的心灵
The city has corrupted your soul.
这里的生活很艰苦 因陀罗神不高兴 经常发洪水
Life has become hard here. Lord Indra is unhappy.
你必须再给家里寄钱
You must send us money again.
我已经给你安排了婚礼
I have arranged for your wedding.
你不回来 我们就让这姑娘坐车去找你
If you don’t come here, we will send the girl to you by bus.
如果你拒绝
If you refuse,
我们就写封信给你的主人 把事情解释清楚
we will write a letter explaining everything and send it to your master.
她真的要我结婚吗?
Is she really going to marry me off?
是的 叔叔
Yes, uncle.
转过来 我要再掴你一巴掌
Turn around, I’m going to hit you again.
转过来!
Turn around!
第二天早上 阿肖克先生做了他从没做过的一件事
The next morning, Mr. Ashok did something he had never done.
他是谁?
Who is this?
他放了我一天的假
He gave me a day off.
你侄子?
Your nephew?
是的 先生 是我亲戚
Ji, sir. My family.
但是现在我已经知道了 富人从不会无故施舍
But by now, I knew the rich never give anything for free.
他找了个人来取代我
He had found my replacement.
就在这时 我们见到了那种 一代当中只出一个的生物
That’s when we saw the creature that gets born only once every generation?
白老虎
the white tiger.
伟大的穆♥斯♥林♥诗人伊克巴勒的一句话 不无道理
Iqbal, that great Muslim poet, was right when he wrote,
“从你认出 这个世界的美好之处的那一刻起
“The moment you recognize what is beautiful in this world,
你就不再是奴隶了”
you stop being a slave.”
但愿明天早上我没有回来的时候
I hoped the next morning when I didn’t return,
他懂得要逃跑
he’d know to run.
喜来登酒店吗 先生?
The Sheraton, sir?
是 喜来登酒店
Yeah, the Sheraton.
平姬打了电♥话♥来
Pinky called.
她想知道我会不会搬回纽约去
She wants to know if I’ll move back to New York.
您会回去吗 先生?
Will you be going, sir?
回去假装自己是另外一种人吗? 这里才是我的国家
And pretend to be someone I’m not? This is my country after all.
有一个故事 讲的是 一个狡猾的婆罗门想给佛陀下套
There is a story about a cunning Brahmin trying to trick the Buddha?
婆罗门说
The Brahmin asks,
“主人 您认为自己是人还是神?”
“Master, do you consider yourself man or God?”
佛陀笑着回答说:“都不是
To which the Buddha smiles and says, “Neither.”
我只是醒来了 而你们其他人都还在沉睡”
“I’m just one who has woken up while the rest of you are still sleeping.”
怎么了?你为什么停车?
What’s wrong? Why’d you stop?
轮胎出了点问题
There is something wrong with the wheel, sir.
给我点时间 我去检查一下
Just give me a minute, sir. I’ll go check.

Okay.
-怎么了? -轮胎出了点状况
– What happened? – There’s something off with the wheel.
好吧
Okay.
我们该打电♥话♥叫人来帮忙
Maybe we should call for help.
-什么? -我们该叫人来帮忙!
– Huh, sir? – We should call for help!
可先生 谁会来这里呢?
Sir, who will come here, sir?
您要是下车帮忙 我们可以一起把它修好
If you can just step out, sir, we can fix it together.
不行 在下大雨 叫人帮忙吧
No, no. It’s raining. Let’s call for help.
怎么办呢 先生? 不尽快修好您会迟到的
What to do, sir? You will get late otherwise.
您下车帮忙的话 要不了多久的
If you can just step outside, it won’t take much time.
好吧
Okay.
-小心瓶子 -好
– Be careful about the bottle. – Yeah.
我把它拿开
I’ll just put it out of the way.
-是这个轮胎? -是的 先生
– This one? – Yes, sir.
-看起来没有问题 -不 先生
– It seems fine to me. – No, sir.
您很早之前就该找人取代我了!
You should’ve found a replacement a long time ago!
我不是政客
I am not a politician.
有些人异于常人 他们杀了人还能正常生活
They are extraordinary men who can kill and move on.
我不行 我四个星期没有出这个房♥间 一直等到我的心情平静了下来
Not me. I didn’t leave this room for four weeks until my nerves were calm.
我这惊人的成功故事的最后阶段
The last stage in my amazing success story
就是突破社会阶层壁垒 晋升为企业家
was to go from social entrepreneur to business entrepreneur.
这并不容易
This was not easy.
但我有自己的优势
But I had an edge.
我来到了班加罗尔 阿肖克先生跟我说过这里的前景
I had come to Bangalore, and Mr. Ashok had told me the future.
外包行业
Outsourcing.
当我看到所有司机
When I saw all those drivers
在和美国联络的呼叫中心 进进出出的时候
coming in and out of the call centers to America,
我就瞅准了自己的立足之地
I knew what my place would be.
但我要如何除掉竞争对手呢?
But how would I get rid of the competition?
这时候我便想 “换作阿肖克先生 他会怎么做?”
Then I wondered, “What would Mr. Ashok do?”
长官!
Sir!
先生 您好
Namaste, sir.
我想给您一份小礼物 略表感激之情
I just wanted to make a small offering of my gratitude to you.
感激我什么?
For what?
感激您将会为我做的一切好事
For all the good you’re going to do for me.
放心 我没把那笔钱全给出去 但给这些也足够了
Don’t worry. It wasn’t all of it, but it was enough.
知道他们为什么从来没有抓住我吗?
You know why they never found me?
因为我的脸在印度是张大众脸
Because my face could be the face of half the men in India.
通缉谋杀嫌疑人
曼诺贾出租车点
警♥察♥以驾照过期为由 把呼叫中心的司机都抓了起来
The police arrested all the call-center drivers for expired licenses.
创业者创造机会
Entrepreneurs create opportunity.
我就是这样创立了自己的企业
That’s how I got my own startup.
白虎出租车公♥司♥
White Tiger Drivers.
我手下有26辆车、30个轮班司机
I’ve got 30 drivers who work in shifts with 26 vehicles,
我给车全装了空调
all air-conditioned for the summer months.
再加上我的银行存款
Put together with my bank holdings,
我的身价已经涨到 阿肖克借给我的那笔钱的15倍
and I am worth 15 times the sum I borrowed from Mr. Ashok.
阁下 请访问我的网站
Your Excellency, please visit my website.
如果您喜欢我的网站内容可以点击…
If you like what you see, you can click where it says?
马上联♥系♥阿肖克夏玛! 最优质的出租车服务
对 阿肖克
Yes, Ashok.
我给自己改了这个名字
That’s what I call myself these days.
但是我不把我的司机们当仆人
But I don’t treat my drivers like servants.
我不关心他们的宗教 也绝对不会称他们为我的家人
I don’t care about their religion, and I certainly don’t call them my family.
他们是我的雇员
They are my employees.
我让他们签一份合约 我也会在上面签字
I make them sign a contract, and I sign it too.
如果出了问题 我不会让我的司机承担责任
And if there is a problem,I don’t let my drivers take the blame.
不能把他送去医院吗?
Can’t we take him to the hospital?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!