现在又想通过帮她做作业
and you’re gonna reconnect with her
来重建关系?
by doing her homework for her?
没事的 -有事
It’s fine. -It’s not fine.
你现在的情况不该见她
She shouldn’t be around you when you’re like this.
如果发生了什么事怎么办 万一你发病了?
What if something happens, what if you need help?
查理 冷静
Charlie, calm down.
嘿 不行
Hey. No.
好吧 算了
Okay. Forget it, then.
我很担心她 -为什么?
I’m worried about her. -Why?
噢 你都开始监视她了?
Oh, you’re spying on her now?
她好像没有朋友
It doesn’t look like she has any friends.
这可不太…
I don’t think this is…
一只死掉的狗?
Come on, a dead dog?
同性恋
我怕她忘记
I’m worried that she’s forgotten
她其实是个很优秀的人
what an amazing person she is.
她只是个十几岁的孩子
She’s just a teenager.
每个人在十几岁的时候都是疯子
Everyone is insane when they’re a teenager.
当我像她这么大的时候
When I was her age,
我对我爸恨之入骨…
when my dad would really piss me off…
没被逮捕就已经很幸运了
I’m just lucky I didn’t get arrested, that’s all I’ll say.
总之
Point is,
叫她来这儿是个馊主意
bringing her over here is a bad idea.
你现在面临的问题多着呢 听到了吗?
You have enough to deal with right now, you hear me?
别再叫她来这了
Do not bring her over here again.

Okay.

Okay.
她并不孤单 她还有她妈妈
It’s not like she’s alone, you know. She has her mom.
该死 我得走了
Ugh, shit. I have to go soon.
我讨厌夜班
I hate these night shifts.
一群只会显摆 醉酒的愚蠢大学生
It’s just a steady parade of dumb, drunk college kids.
我有没有说过前几天晚上
Did I tell you about this girl
碰到的那个女的?
from a few nights ago?
吐了一地 全是紫色的 我滴天
The puke was bright purple, I swear.
我心想 什么鬼?
I mean, what is that?
这些屁孩就不能只喝啤酒吗?
Why can’t these kids just drink beer? You know.
你噎住了?
Are you choking?
天 快靠在胳膊上
Oh, God! Okay, lean on that arm.
靠在那只胳膊上!
Lean on that arm!
跟我摇
Okay, I need you to rock with me.
我没事
I’m okay.
我没事
I’m okay.
天杀的 查理 你到底在想什么?
God damn it, Charlie, what is wrong with you?
像正常人那样嚼食物!
Chew your food like a normal human being!
你差点就死在我面前!
You could have just died right in front of me!
对不起
I’m sorry.
对不起 丽兹
I’m sorry, Liz.
没关系
It’s okay.
今天早上 我读了几篇
I read through some of the posts
发布在课堂论♥坛♥上的帖子
in the class discussion forum this morning.
其中有一篇关于
In particular, a post
如何创建好论点的帖子是这么说的
about crafting a good thesis, and I quote,
“从任何文章中随便挑一句话
“Just pick a sentence from the reading
然后说’说的好’之类的屁话就行了”
and say, ‘It’s good’ or some shit.”
听着 课程进行到现在
Listen, at this point in the course,
我已把所有东西都教给你们了
I have given you all that I can,
包括文章结构、论点建设
in terms of structure, building a thesis,
以及段落组织
paragraph organization.
但如果这些都不是建立在
But if all of that isn’t built
周三
但如果这些都不是建立在
But if all of that isn’t built
你自己的原始想法和真实分♥析♥上的话
on your own original ideas and truthful analysis,
周三
那这一切都没有意义
it doesn’t mean anything.
周三
it doesn’t mean anything.
那这一切都没有意义
每当你在写作和修改时
Think about that as you write and revise.
都要考虑论据的真实性
Think about the truth of your argument.
我知道这听起来挺傻 但很重要
I know this may sound silly, but it’s important.
我向你们保证 这很重要
I promise, it’s important.
这…
This is…
你说沃尔特·惠特曼写了首诗叫《给自己的歌♥》
You say that Walt Whitman wrote Song for Myself.
耶?
Yeah?
那叫《自我之歌♥》
It’s called Song of Myself.
我的标题比他好
My title’s better.

Yeah.
但是…
Well…
好吧 还是改过来
Okay, I’ll just change it.
诗歌♥《自我之歌♥》
The poem Song of Myself
节选自《草叶集》
is in a book called Leaves of Grass.
由沃尔特·惠特曼所著
It was written by Walt Whitman
并于1855年出版
and was published in 1855.
他自己支付了第一次出版费
He paid for the first publication himself.
你没必要读出来
You don’t have to read it out loud.
写就行了
Just rewrite it.
你应该解读下这首诗
You’re supposed to analyze the poem.
这可是必写内容
This is just a list of facts.
谢谢你 维♥基♥百♥科♥
Yup. Thank you, Wikipedia.
知道吗 这是首诗真的很棒
You know, it’s really an amazing poem.
诗中的”我”不是指他本人 而是种隐喻
Whitman uses the metaphor of I not to refer to himself,
把对自我的定义扩展开
but to explode the very definition of self
也可以指代万事万物…
in favor of a more all-encompassing…
我真的不在乎这些
I really, really don’t care.
你要是真读过 你绝对会喜欢它
You know, I think you might like it if you actually read it.
你跟我老师一摸一样
You’re just like my teachers.
你认为我之所以对这首诗不感冒
You think just because I’m not losing my shit over the poem,
是因为我压根儿就没读过
it’s because I didn’t read it.
我确实读了
I did read it.
这首诗做作 愚蠢 又重复
It’s overwritten, and dumb, and repetitive.
他自以为对”我”的隐喻很深奥
And even though he thinks his metaphor of I is deep,
但事实上全是狗屁
it’s actually just a bunch of bullshit.
而且现实中
And, in reality,
他就是个一无是处的十九世纪基佬
he’s just some worthless 19th century faggot.
这是个有趣的观察点
That’s an interesting perspective.
可以写出一篇好文章
It would make for an interesting essay.
把你刚才万事万物皆可”我”说法写上去
Just write that thing about exploding the definition of self.
我英语老师会喜欢
My English teacher will love it.
你妈妈还好吗?
So, how’s your mom doing?
我的天
Oh, my God.
如果你不打算写的话 那…
Look, if you’re not gonna write these essays for me, then…
艾莉 我不是想让你来这儿才帮你写
Ellie, I don’t need you here to write these essays for you.
如果你想走 就走吧
If you want to go, you can go.
钱还是会给你
You can still have the money.
我还以为你想了解我 -我想
I thought you wanted to get to know me. -I do,
但我不想强迫你呆在这儿
but I don’t want to force you to be here.
你自己决定
It’s up to you.
她很好
She’s fine.
我猜的
Mom. I guess.
她快乐吗?
She happy?
有酒喝就快乐
When she drinks.
你们还住在果园旁的二层公♥寓♥?
You guys still live in that duplex over on Orchard?
你竟然不知道我们住哪?
You don’t even know where we live?
你没和我妈联♥系♥了?
You don’t stay in touch with Mom?
只要她愿意 我很想和她经常联♥系♥
Yeah, I check in with her as often as she lets me.
她只告诉我有关你的事
She really only tells me things about you.
为什么?
Why?
因为我只想知道这些
Because that’s all I want to know about.
我11岁时 我们搬到了镇的另一边
When I was 11, we moved to the other side of town,
靠近沃尔玛
near the Walmart.
你妈妈有
Is your mother
和别人在一起吗? -没
with anyone right now? -No.
怎么 你感兴趣?
Why, you interested?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!