真的?
For sure?
是 真的
Yeah. For sure.
听我说
Listen to me.
我需要确保她会好好的
I need to make certain that she’s going to be okay.
我们不能放弃她
We can’t give up on her.
你早就放弃她了!
You already gave up on her!
你在她八岁时就放弃了她!
You gave up on her when she was eight years old!
我想成为她生活中的一部分 玛丽
I wish I could have been a part of her life, Mary,
成为你们生活中的一部分
a part of both of your lives.
去医院
Go to the hospital.
你有钱 去医院吧!
You have money, just go to the hospital!
我们都清楚钱是留给艾莉的
We both know that that money is for Ellie.
更重要的是
But beyond that,
我需要确保她能过上好的生活
I need to know that she’s gonna have a decent life.
她会关心别人
Where she cares about people
别人也会关心她
and other people care about her.
她要好好的
And she’s gonna be okay.
我得走了 -玛丽
I need to go. -Mary.
我必须走了 -她没有其他人了!
I have to go. -She doesn’t have anyone else!
我必须知道 这辈子我至少
I need to know that I have done
做对过一件事!
one thing right with my life!
我们都尽力了
We both played our parts.
我抚养她 你给她钱
I raised her, and you’re giving her the money.
我们只能做这么多
It’s the best we could do.
在我走之前
Do you need anything
你需要什么吗?
before I leave?
水什么的
Water, or something.
甘比诺披萨!
Gambino’s!

Yeah.
查理?
Charlie?
你还好吗?
You okay?
还好
Yeah.
钱放在…
The money is in the, um…
当然
Sure.
你确定你没事?
You sure you’re doing okay?
是的 谢谢 丹
Yeah. Thanks, Dan.
祝晚安 好吗?
Have a good night, okay?
亲爱的学员们:
最后一课:
去他妈的文章
Fuck these essays.
最后一课:
去他妈的阅读
Fuck these readings.
写点他妈的真实的东西
Just write something fucking honest.
我能进来吗?
Can I come inside?
门没锁
It’s not locked.
嗨! -怎么了?
Hi. -What’s wrong?
谢谢你 -为什么?
Thank you. -For what?
我之前说的并不全是真的
Look, I’m not exactly who I said I was.
我不是新生会的人
I’m not from New Life.
什么? 我没…
What? I… I don’t…
之前我的情况很糟
I’ve been in a pretty bad place recently.
几个月前 我偷了一些钱
I… I stole some money,
然后离家出走
and I ran away from home a few months ago.
你女儿她 拍了几张我吸大♥麻♥的照片
And your daughter, she took these pictures of me smoking pot,
录了一些语♥音♥
and a recording or something like that,
她找到了我在滑铁卢时的教堂
and she found my church in Waterloo somehow,
把东西都发给了他们
and then she sent it to them,
还寄给了我父母… -等等
and they sent it to my parents… Wait.
…你知道他们怎么说吗?
…and you know what they said?
只是钱而已
It’s just money.
他们原谅了我
And they forgive me.
他们爱我 希望我回家
And they love me, and they want me to come home.
不可思议对吧?
How awful is that?
艾莉 她… 她做的?
Ellie, she… She did all that?
我不知道她到底是想帮我还是害我…
I can’t tell if she was trying to help me or hurt me or…
你有过这种感觉吗?
Do you ever get that feeling from her?
她是怎么… 她…
How did she even… She…
她找到你的教会 又联♥系♥到你的父母
She found your church, she tracked down your parents.
她真的做了这些?
She really did all that?
对 我明天就要回家了
Yeah. I mean, I’m going home tomorrow.
查理 在我走之前…
But, Charlie, before I go…
….我必须给你看看这个
…I have to show you this.
怎么了?
What’s wrong?
你还好吗?
Wait, are you okay?
只是疼
It just hurts.
查理 我想帮你 我可以帮你
Charlie, I want to help you. I know I can help you.
我不去医院
I’m not going to the hospital.
我不会叫你去医院
No, I know. I’m not gonna make you go.
我可以帮你
But I can help you.
弟兄姊妹们… -你在干什么?
Therefore, brothers and sisters… -What are you doing?
…我们有义务
…we have an obligation,
我们不能为了满足肉体而活
but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it.
如若你为了肉体而活 你将死去
For if you live according to the flesh, you will die.
但在圣灵的指引下
But if by the Spirit you put to death
驱走肉体的罪行 你将活下去
the misdeeds of the body, then you will live.
我没太听懂
I… I don’t understand.
查理 当我读了这段话 我终于明白了
Charlie, when I read this, I finally got it.
我终于明白 上帝为什么把我派到你这儿来
I finally understood why God brought me here to you.
我可以帮你明白艾伦的遭遇
So I could help you understand what happened to Alan,
这样就不会发生在你身上
so it doesn’t happen to you, too.
艾伦·格兰特
这样就不会发生在你身上
so it doesn’t happen to you, too.
艾伦·格兰特
你怎么会有这本书?
How did you get this?
查理 艾伦试图逃避上帝的旨意
Charlie, Alan tried to escape God’s will.
他背弃上帝 选择和你在一起
He chose his life with you over God.
所以他饱受这段经♥文♥的困扰
But this is why he was so obsessed with this verse.
他明白他被肉体支配
He knew that he was living in the flesh,
而非圣灵
and not in the Spirit.
他从未祈求救赎 可你还来得及
He never prayed for salvation, but it’s not too late for you.
接受圣灵的指引
Through the Spirit, you can put to death
驱走肉体的罪行 你将活下去
the misdeeds of the body, and you will live.
你认为艾伦之所以死是因为他选择了和我在一起?
You think Alan died because he chose to be with me?
你认为他和我相爱
You think God turned his back on him
上帝就背弃了他?
because he and I were in love?

Yes.
知道吗? 我并不是一直都这么胖
You know something? I wasn’t always this big.
我知道
Yeah, I know.
虽然我不是班上最好看的人 但…
I mean, I wasn’t the best-looking guy in the room, but…
艾伦还是爱我
Alan loved me.
他觉得我很漂亮
He thought I was beautiful.

Okay.
学期过半
Halfway through the semester,
他开始到办公室来见我
he started meeting me during my office hours.
我们… 都为彼此疯狂
And we were… We were crazy about one another.
但我们一直等
But we waited
直到学期结束
until the class was over before…
这不是…
This isn’t, uh…
那年学期结束后
It was just after classes had ended for the year.
气温刚刚好
It was perfect temperature outside.
我们在树林里走着
We took a walk in the arboretum,
然后接吻
and we kissed.
查理 别说了
Charlie, stop.
我们会整晚躺在一起 全身赤♥裸♥
We would spend entire nights lying together, naked.
我们会做♥爱♥
We would make love.
我们会做♥爱♥
We would make love.
你觉得恶心吗?
Do you find that disgusting?
查理 上帝随时愿意帮你
Charlie, God is ready to help you.
我希望上帝根本不存在
Oh, I hope that there isn’t a God,
我讨厌有来生这一说
because I hate to think that there’s an afterlife,
因为那样 艾伦就会看到我活得是多么窝囊
and that Alan can see what I have done to myself.
查理 -他会看到我肿胀的双脚
Charlie. -That he can see my swollen feet
皮上长满脓疮

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!