My father is Robert King Spritzel.
他28岁那年获得过美国国家图书奖
He won the National Book Award when he was 28.
33岁得了普利策奖
And the Pulitzer when he was 33.
卡特总统称他是国家的财富
President Carter called him a national treasure.
他们在正式比赛中玩过壁球
They played racquetball in a regular game.
他是个伟大的作家
He was a great writer.
但代价呢?
But what was the cost?
他是否忽视家庭?
Did he neglect his family?
不,他没有
No, he didn’t.
他是个好父亲
He was a fine father.
不仅如此,真的
More than that, really.
雪莉跳舞不会跳出什么名堂来
It’s fruitless for Shelly to be dancing.
她应该发掘另一项兴趣 让她更加获益…
She should find another interest that would be more rewarding to her…
让她学到更多,达夫
that she can take more from, David.
-我们谈过这个 -那么,儿子,你应该做点什么
– We’ve talked about that. – Well, you should do something, Son.
我们试过很多了 我们还在尝试,所以….
We’ve tried a couple things. We’ll keep trying, so…
麦克怎么样?
How’s Michael?
我想诺琳有点反应过激了
I think that was an overreaction on Noreen’s part.
我不认为他吸食大♥麻♥
I don’t think he has a problem with pot.
但愿吧
Let’s hope.
天气预报的工作怎么样?
How’s the weather business?
上一个九月…
Last September…
我鼓励雪莉去发掘一些其他的活动和兴趣
I had encouraged Shelly to explore some other activities and interests.
她选择了射箭
She picked archery.
因此我带她去柏林布克的射箭场
So I took her to an archery range in Bolingbrook.
要开90分钟的车
It was a 90-minute drive.
It was a 90-minute drive.
我们买♥♥了初级弓箭套装…
We purchased a junior bow-arrow kit…
还有皮质的手腕/前臂护具
and a leather wrist/forearm guard.
好吧,我们要这个了
Okay, we’ll take that.
还有私人课程
And private lessons.
好吧,雪莉
All right, Shelly.
你拿着这个…
You take that one…
向前
and go right ahead.
好了,只要记住…
All right. Okay, just remember…
把它往后拉 和你的耳朵平行,好吗?
pull it straight back, parallel to your ear, okay?
你能做到的,雪莉
You can do it, Shelly.
我们选择了5次课程
We purchased a five-pack lesson plan.
但是一直没有回去过
We haven’t been back.
哈喽?
Hello?
-嗨 -嗨
– Hey. – Hey.
你能去北边的购物商场接麦克吗?
Can you pick up Mike at the mall on North?
我以为他在朋友家 保罗 诺里斯
I thought he was at a friend’s house. Paul Norris.
他们一起去了购物商场 他刚给我打完电♥话♥
They went to the mall. He just called me.
-他已经平♥反♥了 -好
– He finished his rehab. – Okay.
-他是我的一个戒毒顾问 -你的案子里?
– That’s one of my counselors. – In your program?
邓 伯顿,他人很好
Don Boden. He’s pretty nice.
-他总是发誓 -发誓?
– He swears all the time, though. – Swears?
对,我猜是向亲属 但是他真的很不错
Yeah. To relate, I guess. But he’s pretty nice.
嘿,邓
Hey, Don.
-你们在干什么? -挑衣服
– What are you guys doing? – Looking for clothes.
你在挑衣服
You’re just looking for clothes.
-对 -很好
– Yeah. – That’s great.
我也在挑衣服
I’m looking for clothes.
好
Okay.
-这是保罗 -怎么样?
– This is Paul. – What’s up?
嘿
Hey.
今天很冷
It’s cold today.
-对 -对,不是开玩笑
– Yeah. – Yeah, no kidding.
多少度,比如说,20度之类的?
What is it, like, 20 or something?
对,大概22度
Yeah, like 22.
对,妈的
Yeah. Fuck.
对
Yeah.
嘿
Hey.
-嗯,我喜欢这件 -很好看
– Yeah, I like this. – It’s good-looking.
对,我找的就是这个
Yeah, I’ve been looking for something like this.
放进来吧
Chuck it in here.
-什么? -放进来
– What? – Chuck it in.
我来装着,我有折扣卡 我买♥♥给你
I’m loading up. I got a discount card. I’ll get it for you.
-没关系 -麦克,没什么
– That’s all right. – Mike, big deal.
-我付得起 -兄弟,我真的有很好的折扣
– I can get it. – Bro, I got a serious discount.
只要花,差不多,7美元
It’s gonna cost, like, $7.
-我要走了,很高兴见到你 -还有你
– I’m gonna take off. Nice to meet you. – You, too.
那是我爸爸,我们以后见
That’s my dad. I’ll see you later.
当然,以后见
Sure. I’ll catch you later.
-嘿 -嘿
– Hey. – Hey.
-那是谁? -邓 伯顿
– Who’s that? – Don Boden.
-谁是邓 伯顿? -他是我的一个戒毒顾问
– Who’s Don Boden? – He’s one of my counselors.
哦
Oh.
-很不错的毛衣 -谢谢
– That’s a nice sweater. – Thanks.
我送你上去
I’ll walk you up.
嗨
Hi.
嗨,谢谢你接麦克回来
Hi. Thanks for getting Mike.
-嘿,你怎么样? -很好
– Hey, how was your thing? – It was good.
-再见,爸爸 -好的,麦克
– I’ll see you, Dad. – Okay, Mike.
-我想他没事了 -嗯,我们等着瞧
– I think he’s gonna be okay. – Well, we’ll see.
有什么事?
What’s new?
没什么
Nothing much.
我得到了来自你好美国的试探
I got a feeler from Hello America.
-什么? -我收到一封信
– What? – I got a feeler.
戴尔斯要离开了 我可能要去试镜
Dales is leaving it. I might get called to audition.
纽约
New York.
-如果我获得机会 -很好
– If I get called. – That’s good.
孩子们怎么样?
What about the kids?
只是胡乱的猜想,就这样
It’s just a shot in the dark, that’s all.
嗯,谢谢你接麦克
Well, thanks for getting Mike.
我要带爸爸去西北部作检查…
I had to take my dad to Northwestern for a test…
所以我就在那边,没什么
so I was right there, anyway.
-哦,他好吗? -我想是的,只是个检查
– Oh, is he okay? – I think so. It was just a test.
诺琳
Noreen!
你没事吧?
Are you okay?
对
Yeah.
妈的 你在干什么?
Fuck! What are you doing?
我只是…. 你转过身来
I was just… You turned into it.
我想你把我眼镜打碎了
I think you cracked the glass.
你需要的一切都有了?
So do you have everything you need?
对,一切都有
Yeah, we got everything.
我们在看过带子之后 会筛选出三个申请人
We’ll pare it down to three applicants after we watch the tapes.
-如果你入选我们会给你致电,达夫 -好的,马克
– We’ll call if you’re one, Dave. – Okay, Mark.
与你相识真是荣幸
It’s nice to make your acquaintance.
-我也是,保重 -嘿,天气预报员
– You, too. Take care. – Hey, weatherman!
好了,再见
All right. Bye.
妈的
Fuck!
妈的
Fuck.
达夫?
David?
嘿
Hey.
-怎么了? -我被咖啡冰击中了
– What happened? – I got hit with a Frosty.
-为什么? -什么?
– Why? – What?
为什么你被人扔咖啡冰? 什么是咖啡冰?
Why did you get hit with a Frosty? What is a Frosty?
咖啡冰是一种摇摇乐
A Frosty is a shake from Wendy’s.
为什么有人向你扔摇摇乐?
Why would someone throw a shake at you?
-时有发生 -人们向你扔摇摇乐?
– That happens sometimes. – People throw shakes at you?
东西,人们有时候朝我扔东西…
Stuff. People throw stuff at me sometimes…
-如果他们不喜欢我什么的 -他们不认识你
– if they don’t like me, or something. – They don’t know you.
– If they don’t like me, or something. – They don’t know you.
从电视上
From TV.
但你只是播报天气
But you just read the weather.
嗯,我预测天气
Well, I predict it.
你没有气象学学位
You don’t have a degree in meteorology.
我进行预测,或是….
I make suppositions, or I…
你在做什么?
What are you doing?
-我随便走走 -走走?这么冷