朝圣之路
X-O-T
X-O-T.
F-D-E
F-D-E.
下一行?
And the next set?
P-N-E
P-N-E.
E-R-Z
E-R-Z.
好了 优尼诗
Uh, Eunice.
什么 爱维医生?
Yes, Dr. Avery?
里面有多少字母 是你真正看到的
How many of those letters can you actually see,
多少是你勉强背下的?
and how many have you memorized?
我全能看到 爱维医生
I can see all of them, Dr. Avery.
优尼诗
Eunice.
好吧 我只背了最后两个 汤姆
Okay. I memorized the last two, Tom.
只有最后两个
Only the last two.
如果我不能更新驾驶执照
If I can’t get my license renewed…
优尼诗 你要戴我给你配的眼镜
Eunice, you need to wear the lenses I prescribed.
我没法戴隐形眼镜 眼镜又让我头痛
Contact lenses don’t work for me, and glasses give me headaches.
那我们换镜片好了
Then we’ll change the prescription,
但是你知道车管局 还是会再测试你的
but you know the DMV’s gonna test you again anyway.
他们的表格我也会背了
I’ve memorized those charts, too.
康瑞太太打电♥话♥来
Mrs. Conrad called
她取消了明天的预约会诊
and canceled her appointment for tomorrow.
比尔·沃伦想问你 他可不可以上班前与你见面
Bill Warren wants to know if he can see you before he goes in for work,
也就是说你八点前要到这
which means you have to be here at 8 A.M.
-好的 -八点没问题?
– Okay. – Okay for 8:00?
-是的 -噢
– Yeah. – Oh.
你刚刚出诊时 罗杰来电♥话♥
Roger called while you were in with a patient.
他说如果两点你还不到 就得请他喝啤酒
Uh, he said if you miss the 2:00 tee time, you pay for the beer.
反正都是我请客
I pay for the beer anyway.
昨晚丹尼尔打电♥话♥来
And Daniel called
给你留了口信
and left a message here on the voice mail last night.
他说什么了?
What’d he say?
他说他正在法国的什么地方 还说他会再打给你的
He said he’ll call back, said he’s somewhere in France,
听上去他很好
and, uh, he sounded good.
我说 在法国呆着 谁能没有好心情呢 对吧?
I mean, how do you not sound good if you’re in France, right?
他这次留了号♥码吗?
Did he leave a number this time?
没有
No.
全世界除了我儿子 每个人都有手♥机♥
Everyone on the planet has a mobile phone except my son.
就爱由着性子乱来
The world on Daniel’s terms.
再见
See you.
哦 不!
Oh, no!
糟糕!
Ayy!
让我示范一下 真正的医生是怎么打的
Let me show you how a real doctor does it.
什么时候开始汤姆 算不上不是真医生了 罗杰?
Since when is Tom not a real doctor, Rog?
眼睛可是身体最重要的器官 罗杰老弟
The eyes are the most important organ in the body, Roger.
尤其你这把年纪 更是如此
Maybe at your age, Tom.
它们是心灵之窗
They’re the windows to the soul.
是吧? 罗杰怎么会知道呢?
Yeah? How the hell would Roger know?
他完全没有灵魂
He doesn’t have one.
哦 天哪 不
Oh. Ho ho ho!
老兄们 这一杆子下去 简直就是渎职误伤啊
Looks like malpractice to me, boys.
别用脚垫 菲尔
Don’t use your foot wedge, Phil.
你的脚垫在我这 罗杰
I got your foot wedge, Roger.
好的 我们战绩如何 差不多70码?
All right, what have we got, about 70?
是 加上旗杆那十码
Yeah, plus 10 to the flag.
你看我说什么来的
That’s what I’m talking about.
-你觉得怎么样? -还不错 那是个好球啊
– It’ll play. – Yeah? That’s good stuff.
我要过去那边
I’m over there.
看到了 大概三尺开外吧
Yeah, I see. It’s about three feet away.
-怎么着你还想要搭我的车? -我又老又累
– You want a ride, or what? – I’m old and tired.
你又老又懒
Heh. You’re old and lazy.
这场球我也没看到你走过
I don’t see you walking this course.
是我的 等等再接
mine, and it can wait.
中 啊哈
Get… Ay-yi-yah.
-打的好 -不赖
– Nice chip. – Not bad.
你们先玩
Go ahead and putt out.
我会赶上你的喂?
I’ll catch up with you. Hello.
嗯 阿鲁? 阿鲁?
Uh, hello? Hello?
是的 哈罗
Yes. Hello.
不好意思 我不会讲♥法♥语
I’m sorry. I don’t speak French.
我是国家警♥察♥局的 亨利?斯巴斯狄恩探长
I’m Captain Henri Sebastian of the National Gendarmerie
这里是法国的圣·让德港口
in Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port in France.
有事吗?
Is something wrong?
你是丹尼尔·爱维的父亲吗?
Are you the father of Daniel Avery?
是的
Yes, I am.
很遗憾地通知您 您的儿子去世了 先生
I’m sorry to inform you that your son has been killed, sir.
什么? 你这是什么意思?
What? What do you mean?
丹尼尔? 他发生什么事了
Daniel? Something happened to Daniel?
他在卡米诺圣地亚哥
He was caught in a storm.
突遇一场暴风雨
On the Camino de Santiago, monsieur.
-在哪儿? -是法国的比利牛斯山
– What? – it’s in the French Pyrenees.
汤姆?
Tom.
汤米?
Tommy!
你要去哪儿?
Where you going?
汤米? !
Tommy?!
节哀顺变 汤姆
I’m sorry for your loss, Tom.
谢谢你 神父
Thanks, Father.
我准备去法国接丹尼尔回家
I’m going overseas to bring Daniel home.
你想和我一同祈祷吗 汤姆?
Would you like to pray with me, Tom?
为了什么?
What for?
所有你需要的 旅途信息都在里面
All the information for your itinerary is in here.
我已经把下周所有的 预约都取消了 所以
I…I canceled all your appointments for next week, so…
他想环游世界
He wanted to see the world.
他也确实付诸行动了
And he did.
跟我一起走吧
You should fly with me.
什么?
What?
我说跟我一起走吧
You should fly with me.
-瞧你说的轻巧 -马上掉头回去
– Yeah, right. – Turn the car around.
拿上护照 收拾行李
Pack a bag. Grab your passport.
忘掉你的高尔夫俱乐部
Forget your golf clubs.
来一次父子之行吧 肯定会其乐无穷的
Come on. A father-son trip. lt’ll be fun.
你什么时候回来?
When you coming back?
不知道
I don’t know.
就是说你毫无计划
So you don’t have a plan.
说好了的 我让你载我去机场
We agreed that if I let you take me to the airport,
你就不会再说教我虚度人生
you wouldn’t lecture me about how I’m ruining my life.
骗你的
I lied.
你要知道 大多数人 是没有那份奢侈心情
You know, most people don’t have the luxury
把生活的一切 抛诸脑后的 丹尼尔
ofjust picking up and leaving it all behind, Daniel.
我跟大多数人不一样
Well, I’m not most people.
你不赞成我出行 这我能接受
If I don’t have your blessing, that’s fine,
但是不要妄下决论 别去判断我
but don’t judge this. Don’t judge me.
我的人生也许与你的大相径庭
My life here might not seem like much to you,
但它是我自己做出的选择
but it’s the life I choose.
生活不是选出来的 爸爸
You don’t choose a life, Dad.
是过出来的
You live one.
-是爱维先生吗? -是的
– Monsieur Avery? – Yes.
我们通过电♥话♥ 亨利·斯巴斯狄恩探长
We spoke on the phone. Captain Henri Sebastian.
你好
Of course.
不知为什么 我知道这感觉很奇怪
I don’t know why. I know it’s odd,
但我以为标志牌上写的会是别的词
but I thought it would say something else.
上面的用词和居然美国的一样
It’s the same word back home.
同样是”回家” 我想也变得意义不同了
I guess I thought it would be different.
爱维先生 如果你还没 感觉准备好
Mr. Avery, if you’re not ready to do this,
-我们可以之后再来 -不要
– It can wait. – No. It’s fine.
没有问题 我是说 不是没有问题
I mean, it’s not fine.
我能行的
I mean I’m okay.
我们按程序来吧
Let’s get it over with.
走完程序就好了
Let’s just get it over with.
这些是丹尼尔的行李
These are Daniel’s belongings.
谢谢