-观众只会以为你在致敬 -不可能
– The audience will think you are saluting. – This I will not do!
-我绝不那样做 -那你还来这干嘛
– This I will never do! – So Why’d you come here?
你比我懂得多吗
Because you know so much?
居然敢来否定我
You tell me I’m wrong?
我只是想你告诉我怎么架起钢索
No. Because I need you to tell me how to rig this wire!
而不是像个懦夫那样在走钢索时作假
Not do a phony walk like a coward!
菲利普 你们怎么跟小孩似的
Philippe, you two are acting like children.
他压根就不理解我要做的事
He does not comprehend one thing I am trying to do.
他说的跟我要做的完全不一样
His high wire and my high wire, they have nothing in common!
去跟他好好谈
Go talk to him.
-你要我去跟他谈 -对 快去
– You want me to talk to him? – Yes! You go talk to him!
-你先去道歉 -我不会道歉的
– You apologize and… – I will not apologize!
你要去 而且你别无选择了
Yes, you do. You have no choice. You know that.
鲁迪老爹 对不起 不过
Look, Papa Rudy, I’m sorry. But…
如果我戴着安全索走钢索
If I do the walk with the safety line,
那就没意思了
it becomes meaningless.
菲利普
Philippe…
我的儿子都是出色的走钢索行家
My sons are consummate wire walkers.
但我也决不允许他们不戴安全索
And I would never allow them
就去走这么危险的钢索
to attempt such a walk without safety line.
但你自己会吗
Yes, but would you?
你会戴安全索走钢索吗
Would you walk with a safety line?
几年前 当你头一次在这屋里教我
Years ago, when you first started to teach me in this house,
我是个笨小孩 又不听话
I was a stupid little kid and I never listened to you.
但我记得你跟我说过
But you told me something I always remember.
“不能在舞台上撒谎”
You said, “You cannot lie on stage”.
“观众知道你心里在想什么”
“The audience will always know what is inside your heart.”
我现在明白了
I think I understand now.
你知道吗 菲利普
You know, Philippe,
你现在做的事 我也许不理解
what you’re doing, I may not understand it.
但是
But it’s…
那…
It’s…
肯定会
something.
肯定会非常美
Something beautiful.
这是我祖父的
It was my grandfather’s.
你会用上的
You’ll need this.
还有这个
And you’ll need this.
现在就成我们的秘密了
Now my secrets are our secrets.
谢谢
Thank you.
快点
Faster!
用力点
Stronger!
用力点 再用力点 安妮
More! Annie, more!
快点
Faster.
用力点
Stronger.
-我已经很用力了 -你就是暴风
– I’m trying. – You’re a tempest.
你就是十二级飓风
You are the terrible, hurricane winds
在双子塔间咆哮
that howl between the towers!
让·路易
Ah. Jean Louis.
你好
Hello.
-你好吗 -你好 你好
– How are you? – Hello, hello!
很高兴见到你
It’s good to see you.
这是我的好朋友 让·弗朗索瓦
So this is my good friend, Jean Francois.
-他想加入我们的计划 -好极了
– He wants to be an accomplice in the coup. – Ah!
他非常爱冒险
He’s always in search of adventure.
请叫我杰夫
Please call me Jeff.
英文名字 我喜欢
Ah. An English name. Okay, I like this.
欢迎加入我们的计划 杰夫
So welcome, Jeff. Welcome to the coup.
-你有做过… -很不巧
– Now, tell me, have you ever done… – Unfortunately,
杰夫不会说英语
Jeff doesn’t speak any English.
我会说一点英语
I speak a little English.
例如 6乘以6等于36
Six times six equal 36, for example.
他英语还不错嘛
Ah, yes! So his English is not bad.
他只会数字
Yes, but only numbers.
他是高中数学老师
He teaches high school mathematics.
他还…
He’s also, uh…
他还恐高
He’s also terrified of heights.
真是太好了
Perfect.
我对代数有恐惧
I’m terrified of algebra.
欢迎加入我们的计划
Welcome to the coup.
81除以27是多少
Now tell me, what is 81 divided by 27?
-3 -正确
– Three. – Exactly.
你就是第三个同伙
And you are accomplice number three.
11乘以10是多少
Now, what is 11 times 10?
One hundred and ten.
双子塔有110层高
110 stories. That’s how tall the towers are.
伙伴们 我已经完成了我的任务
Hey, guys? I believe I’ve kept my part of the bargain.
这是什么 弓和箭吗
What is this, a bow and arrow?
我承认 这没遥控飞机那么好使
Okay, this is not as sensational as a radio-control airplane,
但它杂音更少
but it’s a lot quieter.
成功了 成功了
It works! It works!
现在 我既有钱又有了同伙
So now, I have enough money, I have my accomplices,
也算是有了个计划
I have somewhat of a plan.
就只剩下选日子了
The only thing left was selecting a date.
我要把日子定在天气变冷前
It had to be before the weather
并且在双子塔完成之前
turned cold and before the towers were completed.
我选了8月6日
So I chose August 6th.
我选了8月6日
I choose August 6th!
也就是三个月之后
That is three months from today.
杰夫和让·路易七月底飞到纽约
Jeff and Jean Louis fly to New York at the end of July.
与此同时 我们开始寻找美国同伙
In the meantime, we start looking for American accomplices.
就定在8月6日了
So. August 6th.
丙纶绳 麻绳
Polypropylene ropes, hemp ropes,
三滑轮的小滑轮组
small block-and-tackle with three sheaves,
单滑轮的大滑轮组
large block-and-tackle with single sheaf,
吊索 钢丝 0.25英寸的钢索
uh, slings, steel wire, quarter-inch cable,
滑轮组 建筑用型手套
pulley blocks, construction gloves,
活动扳手 卷尺
monkey wrenches, tape measure.
一根四节的平衡杆
And a balancing pole in four sections.
用来干什么的
And, uh, what’s all this for?
我要在世贸双子塔
I’m going to hang a high wire
架起一条钢索
between the two towers of the World Trade Center
然后走在上面
and walk on it.
祝你好运
Good luck!
下一个
Next!
我们一回到纽约 我就开始了侦查工作
As soon as we got back to New York, I started my spy work.
我每天都去双子塔 有时在早上六点
I went to the towers every day. Sometimes 6:00 in the morning.
每天我伪装成不同的身份
And every day, I would wear a different disguise.
我给所有东西拍照
I took photos of everything.
为塔上每寸都做好详细笔记
I made detailed notes of every inch of the towers.
在过去两年里
As you know, the North Tower has been completely finished
北塔已经竣工
for the last two years,
南塔已经盖到第八十层
and the South Tower is completed up to the 80th floor.
两座塔都已经开放商用
Both towers are open for business.
托兹里先生 容我打断一下
Mr. Tozzoli, excuse me.
我是《建筑》杂♥志♥的图卢兹·塞尚
Toulouse Cezanne from the magazine L’Architecte.
能告诉我
Could you please tell me the exact distance between
南塔北角和北塔南角之间
the north corner of the South tower
的准确距离吗
and the south corner of the North Tower?
什么
The what?
两塔之间的准确距离
The exact distance between the towers?

Lou?
一百四十英尺[约42米]
A hundred and forty feet.
一百四十英尺
A hundred and forty feet.
我乘坐过所有电梯 局部的 直达的
I rode all the elevators. The local, the express,
直达上层空中大厅的电梯
the express to the upper sky lobby,
直达下层空中大厅的电梯
the express to the lower sky lobby.
我坐了几百遍
I took hundreds of rides.
我暗中观察维护人员 装货区
I spied on the maintenance men, the loading docks.
我观察运货的货车
I watched the freight trucks as they made their deliveries.
它们何时抵达 停留多久
What time do they arrive? How long do they stay?
需要交接多少份文件

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!