好 很好 我不想在马戏团表演
Good, okay, me, I don’t want to perform in the circus.
我又不是什么可笑的马戏团小丑
I am not some ridiculous circus clown.
我是个艺术家
I am an artist!
就是这样
So, just like that,
鲁迪老爹把我这个狗屁艺术家赶了出来
Papa Rudy threw my artistic little ass out into the street.
没过多久
And, a short time later…
你就把生命都浪费在你那马戏上吧
You waste your life with your stupid circus tricks!
走钢索能给你挣来面包吗
Wire-walking won’t put bread on your table!
能不能再给他一次机会
Could we give him one last chance?
不能 一切都太晚了
No. The carrots are cooked.
对 一切都太晚了
That’s right! The carrots are cooked!
菲利普
Philippe!
一切都太晚了 再说什么也没用了
The carrots were cooked. There was nothing left to do.
所以 我上路了
So, I set off on my way.
我甚至都不知道自己想要的是什么
I didn’t even know what I was looking for,
但我想应该能在巴黎找到
but I figured I might find it in Paris.
我这边原本很顺利 直到你出现
I had a great thing going, until you showed up.
现在能听见了
Can you hear me now?
哑剧演员也说话
A mime who speaks?
我不是哑剧演员 我不会躲在假装的墙后
I’m not a mime. I don’t hide behind imaginary walls.
请不要侮辱我的圆
Please don’t insult my circle.
这里是我的圣地
It’s my sacred space.
谢谢
Ah. Merci.
如果你们能离开一下的话 我会很感激的
I’d be much obliged if y’all could just mosey along.
这是个私人谈话
This here is a private conversation.
哦 是吗
Well, shut my mouth.
-我们以为你们在演剧 -不 并不是
– We thought you were putting on a show. – No, it ain’t.
这个是给你们的
This here’s for y’all.
太谢谢你们了
Well, thank you kindly.
拜拜
Bye, now.
我喜欢你说英语 听起来很有美国味
Wow, I love your English. It sounds so American.
龌龊的贼
Dirty thief.
我觉得我还是喜欢你说英语
I think I like better the English.
你以为你是谁 混♥蛋♥
Who do you think you are? Bastard.
我确定喜欢你说英语
Ah, yes, I certainly prefer the English.
那好 玩杂耍的
Then listen, juggler.
你偷了我几周以来最好的观众
You stole my best audience in weeks.
为什么 就为了你那点破杂技
And for what? Some cheap stunt?
抱歉 不过观众爱看我走钢索
Well, I’m sorry, but people love my high wire.
你管那叫走钢索
Oh, you call that a high wire?
那真是我见过的最低的钢索
That was the lowest high wire I’ve ever seen.
你说得对 小姐
Ah, you’re right, mademoiselle.
那是因为广场上最高的两棵树
But that is because the two tallest trees in this square
在你表演的地方
were in your performance space.
而我 绝不会侵犯别的艺术家的地方
And me, I would never invade the space of another artist.
要下雨了
It’s going to rain.
生气的街头音乐家
Angry street musician.
我想和你做个约定
I would like to make you an arrangement.
以后只有你不去的时候我才在那表演
I will only play in that square when you are not playing.
我每周末和隔周星期二不去
Oh, that’s every weekend and every second Tuesday.
好 成交
Okay, deal.
我叫菲利普
My name is Philippe.
-安妮 -安妮 很好听
– Annie. – Annie, it’s a nice name.
为什么非说英语
Why all the English?
因为我在练习 我要去纽约
Ah, because I must practice. I’m going to New York.
纽约 真激动人心啊
Ah, New York. That’s very exciting.
-是吗 或许你也能一起去 -或许吧
– Yes? Maybe you’ll come with me. – Yeah, maybe.
我喜欢你唱歌♥ 很好听
I like the way you sing. It’s very good.
你根本没听我唱歌♥
You were not listening to me sing.
你在绳子上忙着玩火呢
You were playing with fire on a rope.
不不 在那之前我就在了
Oh, no, before that, I was here earlier.
可能你没看见我
Maybe you did not see me,
但我看见你了 我听见你唱歌♥了
but I saw you, and I heard you sing.
很美妙
It was beautiful.
谢谢
Well, thank you.
安妮 我能请你喝杯酒吗
Annie, may I buy you a glass of wine?
不能 这个主意不好
No, I don’t think that’s a good idea.
好 那我们再做个约定
Yes, then I will make you an arrangement.
如果你让我请你喝杯酒
If you let me buy you a glass of wine,
我就再也不在
I will never hang my rope anywhere
拉丁区的任何地方绑绳子
in the Latin Quarter ever again.
你还真是不放弃啊
You don’t give up. Do you?
是的 我比较…执着
No. No, I’m very, uh, persistent.
我的梦想
My dream.
-这个就是你 -对
– And this is you. – Yes.
这会成为历史上最辉煌的高空行走
It will be the most glorious high wire walk in history.
那这个钢索要架多高才能这么辉煌
And how high must this wire be to make so much glory?
100多层楼那么高
Over 100 stories high.
这么高的树在哪儿有
Where do trees like this grow?
这两个不是树
These are not trees.
是两个壮观的高塔
Two magnificent towers.
比埃菲尔铁塔还高一百多米呢
One hundred meters taller than the Eiffel Tower itself.
我懂了
I see.
你觉得怎么样
What do you think?
我不知道 很…
I don’t know. It looks so…
-很… -美
– So… – Beautiful.
很美 是的
Beautiful, yes.
但也很危险
And dangerous.
而且疯狂 你就是个疯子
And completely insane. And you’re a mad man.
我是疯了 但是这个
Yes, I am mad, but this…
这是我的梦想
This is my dream.
如果这就是你的梦 你一定要去实现
Then, if it’s your dream, you must do it.
哪怕所有人都说我疯了
But even if everybody tells me I’m mad?
你不应该在乎别人怎么看
Well, you shouldn’t care about what other people think.
但是我在乎你怎么看
Okay, but I care what you think.
我喜欢你的梦 菲利普
I love your dream, Philippe.
-是吗 -是
– Yes? – Yes.
你想知道我怎么看你吗
Do you want to know what I think about you?
-不想 -不想
– No. – No?
-一点也不想 -不
– Not even a little bit? – No, no.
那我也要告诉你
Okay, but I’m going to tell you anyway.
那你说吧 反正我不在乎
You can tell me, but I won’t care.
我知道一个地方 那有两棵美丽的树
I know a place where there are two beautiful trees.
我当时还没意识到
I didn’t realize it at the time
安妮成了我的第一个同伙
but Annie had become my first accomplice.
-安妮 -嗯
– Annie. – Yes?
我在想
I was thinking
你也应该上来一起
you should come up here with me.
不 我不觉得
No, I don’t think So.
来吧 这就是钢索对你的洗礼
Yes. It will be your baptism of the wire.
不
No.
来嘛 安妮 你要相信我
Come on, Annie. You must trust me.
好吧
Okay.
吸气
And breathe
迈步
and step.
实际上 确实有两棵美丽的树
Indeed, there were two beautiful
长在安妮艺术学校的庭院里
trees growing in the park of Annie’s art school.
经她安排我在那绑上了钢索
So, she arranged for me to be able to hang my wire there.
简直完美 因为这样我就可以每天练习
It was perfect, ’cause I could practice every day
还能见到安妮了
and I could see Annie as well.
有一天 我正待在钢索上
Then, one day, while I was on my wire,
一位长相严肃的年轻人走了过来
I was approached by a very serious-looking young man.
介意我拍你吗
Do you mind if I take your photo?
也许吧
Perhaps.
我叫菲利普
I am Philippe.
让·路易
Jean-Louis.
让·路易 你会说英语吗 让·路易
Jean-Louis, do you speak English, Jean-Louis?
会 怎么了
Yes. Why?
我正在练习英语 我要去美国
Because I must practice. I’m going to America.
去表演
To perform?