with curled shoulders and hanging head.
我决定了
I decide.
我只会带着胜利离开钢索和双子塔
I will only leave my wire and my towers in victory.
慢慢来
Nice and close, now.
我接着你
I got you.
伸手 抓住他 抓住他
Reach. Grab him, grab him.
好了 做得好
Attaboy. There you go.
纽约警局的警官们
Officers of the New York Police Department,
感谢你们的耐心等待
thank you for your patience.
我向警♥察♥宣布 我已经到达
I announce my arrival to the police.
我在这两座雄伟的塔之间的行走
My walk between these magnificent towers…
I tell my walk is finished.
现在已经结束
is now finished.
但其实还没结束
But my walk is not finished.
我还有三步要走
I still have three more steps to do.
你没事吧
Are you okay?
小心
Easy.
-好了 快来 快来 -好了
– Okay, come on. Come on. – All right.
-我接住了 接住了 -小心
– I got it. I got it. – Careful.
我叫菲利普·珀蒂 我是个走钢索的人
My name is Philippe Petit. I’m a wire walker.
-下来 自以为是的家伙 -快点
– Get down, smart-ass. – Come on.
表演结束了
Show’s over.
鲍比 把他铐起来
Bobby, hook him up.
过来
Bring it in!
你以为呢
What’d you think?
告诉过你了
Told you. Told you.
我的天啊
Oh, my God.
菲利普 你做到了
Philippe, you’ve done it.
我的菲利普
My Philippe.
不不不 别剪钢索
No, no, no! No, don’t cut the wire!
别剪钢索
Don’t cut my wire!
-闭嘴 -别
– Shut up! – No!
没人在乎你那该死的钢索
Nobody gives a damn about your wire!
张力太大了
There’s too much tension!
它会崩开的 会伤到人的 你得相信我
It will snap! It will hurt somebody! You have to believe me!
慢着 慢着 伙计们
Hold on. Hold on, guys.
你们得用长手柄把它松开
You have to loosen it with the grip hoist.
他说得对 手柄在哪
He’s right. Where’s the handle?
它在墙上的洞里
It’s hidden in a hole in the wall.
他来了
There he is.
让一让 让一让
Make a hole, make a hole!
好了 让一让
All right. Out of the way!
小心手
Watch your fingers.
他们下来了 卢
They’re comin’ down, Lou.
我不得不佩服你们这群法国佬
I gotta hand it to you damn frogs.
我被你们骗了
You sure pulled the wool over my eyes.
我得承认
I gotta tell ya.
你们做了一件伟大的事
What you did was somethin’.
我知道我这辈子再也看不见这种事了
I know I’ll never see anything like that again in my life.
你很有种 哥们
You got guts, pal.
干得好
Good job.
-你为什么这么做 -新闻六频道
– Why did you do this? – Channel 6 News.
世人想知道你们为什么这么做
The world would like to know why are you doing this?
三频道 我们想知道为什么
Channel 3. We wanna know why.
为什么你们要做这么危险的事
Why are you attempting something so dangerous?
没有原因
There is no why.
只是因为…
Just, uh, because, uh…
我忍♥不住往看到的美景上架钢索
When I see a beautiful place to put my wire, I cannot resist.
当天晚些时候
Later in the day,
法官判决帕特再走一遍钢索
a judge sentenced Petit to walk the wire again.
但这次是在中♥央♥公园 为孩子们而走
But this time, in Central Park, for a crowd of children
而且距地面仅有几英尺
and only a few feet off the ground.
全世界的新闻都在谈论挑战的事
The story of the coup was in the news all over the world!
在法国 鲁迪老爹听说后
In France, when Papa Rudy heard about it,
他变成了最高兴的鲁迪老爹
he was the happiest Papa Rudy that there is.
鲁迪老爹生气时真的是无比气愤
And when Papa Rudy’s angry, he’s deadly angry.
但鲁迪老爹高兴时
But when Papa Rudy’s happy,
他会给狗双份食物
his dogs get a double ration of food.
对我来说 最棒的时候是
The most fantastic moment for me was
我看见你回应了我的射箭信♥号♥♥
when I saw you answered my shooting signal.
那时 我就知道挑战会成功
At that moment, I knew the coup would be a success.
你什么意思 我们差点失去那支箭
What you mean? We almost lost the arrow.
它就在塔的边缘
It was on the edge of the building.
不 我瞄准的就是那儿
No. It was exactly where I was aiming.
这么说你承认了
Oh, so you admit it?
你想看他一♥丝♥不♥挂♥
You wanted to see him in his birthday suit.
对
Oh, yeah.
好了好了好了
Okay. Okay, okay.
我现在想敬各位一杯酒
I would like to make a toast now.
敬所有人 我的同伙们
To all of you, my accomplices.
我知道我…
I know I can be, uh…
有些难相处
a bit difficult.
但你们从未放弃我
But, but you never gave up on me.
正因为此 我才得以在钢索上行走
And because of this, I was able to walk on that wire.
请允许我说声谢谢
So for allowing me this honor, thank you.
-你是说”干杯” -干杯
– Oh, you mean “Cheers.” – Cheers!
干杯 干杯
Cheers, cheers!
看啊
Look at that.
我们做到了 菲利普
I mean, we did it, Philippe.
我们向世界证明 一切皆有可能
We showed the world that anything’s possible.
它们不一样了
They’re different.
菲利普 它们现在不一样了
Hey, Philippe, they’re different now.
对 你说得对
Yeah, that’s right.
因你在上面走过 所以它们不一样了
They’re different because you walked up there.
你知道吗 跟我说话的每个纽约人
You know every New Yorker I talk to now
都说他们爱上了这两座塔
says they love these towers?
也许你赋予了他们生命
Perhaps you brought them to life,
给了他们灵魂
given them a soul.
让·路易和杰夫不久后就回到法国
Jean-Louis and Jeff, soon afterward, they returned to France.
但我留下了
But I stayed.
能做个纽约人 我很骄傲
I was proud to become a New Yorker.
为了能留下来 我得还清欠社会的债
Now, in order to stay, I had to pay my debt to society.
法官要求我在中♥央♥公园表演走钢索
So a judge mandated that I perform a free walk in Central Park.
当然 我很乐意
And, of course, I was happy to do this.
安妮
Annie…
遗憾的是 安妮回法国去了
Sadly, Annie returned to France.
等等
Wait…
你确定要走吗
Are you sure?
我确定
I’m sure.
你完成了你的梦想 我该寻找我的梦想了
You accomplished your dream. It’s time for me to find mine.
回头见
See you soon?
再见
Good bye.
安妮
Annie.
谢谢
Thank you.
感谢你做的一切
For everything.
我很高兴 双子塔召唤了你
I’m glad the towers called you.
真不可思议
That was incredible.
-不过别再那么做了 -再也不会了
– Just don’t do that again. – No, never.
还记得新闻发布会上的盖伊·托佐利吗
And you remember Guy Tozzoli from the press conference,
双子塔的建造者之一
one of the men behind the creation of the towers.
他喜欢我的行走
He loved the walk,
而且他给了我一张观景台通行证
and he gave me a pass to the observation deck
这样我就随时都能去那儿了
so I could go anytime I wanted.
我独自去过很多次
And I went there many times alone.
在那我能找到自己
I would find myself there,
眼看这片上空
looking at the void,
回忆当时的思绪
to see how the thought comes back,
当时的感觉
how the feeling returns.
因为…
Because it was…
那是美好的一天
it was a beautiful day.
你们知道 我的这张通行证
And you know this pass I was given.