that l’d have a brain trauma and forget our break-up
然后若无其事走进你办公室 质问你吗?
and come waltzing into your office demanding answers?
你有问题吗?
What’s wrong with you?
抱歉, 我不该打扰你上班
l’m sorry. l’m gonna let you go back to work.
好
sure.
– 对不起 – 很抱歉
sorry. l’m sorry.
我没想到你会这样
l was not expecting that.
习惯吧
Habit, l guess.
我真的不知道会走到哪里 直到我发现到了这里
l honestly didn’t even know where l was headed until l found myself here.
我跟大家失联了五年 真的很夸张
lt Just seems so ridiculous to me that l shut everyone out for five years.
感觉不太对劲
lt Just doesn’t feel right.
嗨
Hey.
– 嗨 – 今天过得如何?
Hey. How was your day?
还不错
lt was fine.
我很开心能跟你在家
l’m Just happy to be home with you.
抱歉我弄得乱七八糟
sorry about the mess here.
没关系
No problem.
– 你在拼贴吗? – 我会拼贴吗?
What, are you collaging? Do l collage?
我不记得你有过
No, not that l remember.
我昨晚看到大家 灵机一动才做的
No, you know, l was Just so inspired Just seeing everybody last night.
做拼贴?
To collage?
很多回忆都涌上来了
All those memories Just came flooding back to me,
所以我想做个 我人生的年历表
so l thought l’d make a timeline, you know, of my life.
这…方法不错, 很好
That’s… That’s great. That’s a great idea.
对
Yeah.
我翻了一下你的东西 希望你不介意
l kind of rummaged through some of your stuff. l hope you don’t mind. (LAUGHs)
不会, 我的东西就是你的
lt’s fine. lt’s fine. What’s mine is yours.
我甚至还有伊利诺州的 结婚证书为证
l even have a certificate from the state of lllinois to prove it.
对, 我找到了 放在遗失的记忆区
Yes, l found that. lt’s in the lost years.
我从这边开始
see, l started over here.
有些我小时候的家庭生活照
l found some family photos, me when l was little, stuff like that.
很容易排, 因为我都还记得
That was easy to put into chronological order because l remember that stuff.
– 那很好啊 – 对, 应该是
That’s good, right? Yeah, yeah. l guess so.
但我想找出我脑筋空白前的
But what l’ve been trying to do is pinpoint the last memory l had
那一瞬间
before everything Just went blank.
找到了吗?
How’s that going?
应该是在麦卡隆尼烧烤店
l think l was at the Macaroni Grill,
我问他们有没有卖♥♥ 焗烤面饺
and l was asking them if they had those special toasted ravioli.
但我不记得答案了
And l don’t remember the answer.
就这样, 那就是我在医院醒来前 最后的记忆
That’s it, that’s all, that’s my last memory before l woke up in a hospital.
不, 我怎么知道 他们卖♥♥不卖♥♥烤面饺?
Oh, no. How are we ever gonna know if they had toasted ravioli?
天啊, 这完全没用
God, this is not happening.
– 没关系 – 这行不通
lt’s okay. This is not happening.
好吗?拜托别这样
Okay? No, no, no, no, please don’t do that.
– 乖 – 你…
Come on. (GAsPs) What…
你干嘛?
What are you doing?
对不起
l’m sorry. (slGHs)
抱歉, 那是… 我们之间的暗号♥吗?
l’m sorry. Was that… That was one of our things?
– 算是… – 抱歉…
Yeah, kind of. lt… l’m sorry…
不, 别道歉 我明白, 这都会慢慢回来的
No. You don’t have to say it. You don’t. l get it. lt’ll all come back.
我们只需要持续下去
We Just have to keep doing what we’re doing,
让你回到正常生活
let you fall back into your life.
桥到船头自然直
(LAUGHlNG) lt’ll all sort itself out.
对
Yeah.
市中心有十几家企业… 市中心有十几家企业…
FEMALE REPORTER ON TV: About a dozen downtown businesses were boarded up… FEMALE REPORTER ON TV: About a dozen downtown businesses were boarded up…
人行道上洒满玻璃碎片 连续两晚的抗♥议♥活动
Glass littered sidewalks, following two nights of protests
– 警方发射… – 嗨
over the police shooting of an… PAlGE: Hey.
有一些民众在街上
There were few people on the street.
我想我准备好去看工作室了
l think l’m ready to see my studio now.
– 你能带我去吗? – 当然
Will you show it to me? Yeah.
来
Come on.
这是你第一次有自己的工作室
This is the first studio you’ve ever had to yourself.
很酷的地方吧?
lt’s a cool space, huh? Wow.
你本来不太喜欢这里
You weren’t sure you liked it at first, though.
直到你想到要燃烧某种树枝
Until you had this idea to burn some smudge stick
是你在迪威西街角 跟一个商人买♥♥的
that you bought from some guy on the corner of Diversey.
我们点了火后 在这里面摇晃
(LAUGHlNG) We lit this thing and we started waving it around
直到我们发现 其实它只是包心菜叶而已
until we realized that it was Just some old pieces of lettuce.
我们只是在摇摆起火的蔬菜
so, we’re waving around burning lettuce. l don’t know.
但可能起了某种作用
But it must’ve done the trick, though,
因为从此以后 我就没办法让你离开这里了
’cause after that, l couldn’t get you out of here.
你来这里会放很大声的音乐 沉迷在某个作品中
You would come in and crank your music, and you’d get lost in a proJect,
我还得进来提醒你该回家了
and l’d have to come and remind you that it was night-time.
这是你替论♥坛♥报大厦做的 作品之一
This is one of your pieces for the Tribune Tower series.
这是什么?
What is it supposed to be?
连你都还不知道
l’m not sure if you even knew yet.
过来这里
But come here.
我…
l…
来, 帮它决定一下 这是什么吧
Here, Just help it figure out what it wants to be.
好
Okay.
我不… 我真的不会用这个
l don’t… l don’t really know how to use this thing.
你当然会, 等一下
(LAUGHlNG) sure you do. Wait, hold on.
好多了, 来
That’s better. Come on.
试试看, 可能会很有趣
Just try it. lt might be fun.
请你把音乐转小声点
Can you Just turn down the music, please?
我发誓你听的比这个还大声
l swear you used to listen to it so much louder than this.
我无法明白你怎么能专心…
l never could understand how you would Just be able to focus…
我的头快痛死了! 请你转小声点!
l have a clinically bad, goddamn headache! Please turn down the music!
我只是想帮你!
l’m trying to help you!
但我不是你的出气筒
But l am not your punching bag.
我们以前不会这样说话的
We don’t speak to each other like this.
我也很痛苦, 佩吉
This is hard for me, too, Paige.
佩吉?
LEO: Paige?
什么事?
Yeah?
– 嗨 – 嗨
Hey. Hey.
我经过你喜欢的 那家葡萄牙式糕点店
l passed by that little Portuguese bakery that you love on the way home,
我买♥♥了些…
and l got us some… (sHOWER RUNNlNG)
– 有客人吗? – 对
ls somebody here? Yeah.
– 李欧 – 嗨
Leo. Hey.
我妹忙她的婚礼忙不过来
My sister’s Just up to her eyeballs with this wedding stuff,
还要准备订婚派对
and we’ve got the engagement party coming up.
我们想让佩吉回家来帮忙
And we all thought Paige could come home and help her out.
回去陪妹妹是理所当然的
lt Just seems like the right thing to do, to be there for Gwen.
好, 那你在这里的生活呢?
Okay. But what about your life here?
你还没完成的作品呢?
What about all the work that you haven’t finished?
我跟论♥坛♥报大厦的人讲过了
l talked to the people at the Tribune.
他们很体贴我车祸后的情况
And they were really understanding about the accident,
爸会借我钱还他们的订金, 所以…
and Dad’s gonna loan me the money to pay back their advance, so…
不知道, 我…做不到
l don’t know. l Just… l can’t do it.
你准备好再出来, 甜心
BlLL: You Just come out when you’re ready, honey.
好, 谢谢爸
PAlGE: Okay, thanks, Dad.
抱歉, 我只待到婚礼过后
l’m sorry. lt’s Just until after the wedding.
你要小心一点, 好吗?
l Just want you to be careful, okay?
我又不是去加入邪教 我只是回去陪家人
Well, l’m not Joining a cult. l’m Just going to stay with my family.
– 我知道, 但… – 但是什么?
l know, but… But what?
我能尴尬地抱你一下吗?
Can l at least give you an awkward hug?
– 你感觉如何? – 很好
DR FlsHMAN: so, how are you feeling? Mmm. l feel fine.
是吗?没有晕眩 迷失方向感或嗜睡?
Yeah? No dizziness, disorientation, sleepiness?
– 没有 – 很好
Nope. Great.
我很开心, 你的断层扫瞄结果很好
Well, l’m very happy, and your CT scan looks excellent. Oh. (CHUCKLEs)
真是松了一口气, 那…
What a relief. Well…
你的记忆恢复了吗?
so, your memory recall, anything?
– 还没 – 是吗?
Not really. No, huh?
这不正常吧?
That’s not normal, is it?
大脑的领域是很难说正不正常的
Listen, when it comes to the brain, nothing is normal,
因为每种创伤都不同
because no two brain inJuries are the same.
佩吉跟以前完全一样了
Paige seems perfectly herself again.
太好了
lt’s wonderful. (LAUGHs)
索尔顿太太, 我能和佩吉 单独谈话吗?
Mrs. Thornton, could l Just talk to Paige alone for a moment, please?
没关系, 妈, 我…很好
lt’s okay, Mom. l’m… l’m good.
好吧