现在就可以去
We could go right now.
我…我… 我在帮则福看摊子
I… I am… I’m just watching Zev’s table,
可我…呃…
but I… um…
我只要找…找个人…
I just need to… find someone to…

Hey.
你好
Hi.
这是项链?
[Woman] Is it a necklace?
我想是的
[Man] I think so.
我喜欢前面那条
[Woman] I like that one in the front.
嗯…
Um…
都是手工制♥作♥的
It’s all handmade.

Ooh.
我在这两年了
I’ve lived here for two years,
之前一年我在法国
and I was in France for a year before that.
你想家吗?
Do you miss home?
有时候
Yes, sometimes.
但我不想回去
But I don’t want to live there.
想念叙利亚吗?
Do you miss Syria?
有时候会
Sometimes, too.
我想念大马士革…
I miss Damascus…
那个味道
the smell.
不过现在这里是我的家
But this is my home now.
你和沃尔特什么时候认识的?
When did you meet Walter?
沃尔特?呃…
Walter? Uh…
大概十天前
about ten days ago.
十天?才十天?
Ten days? That’s all?
嗯嗯
Mm-hmm.
你怎么认识他的?
How did you meet him?
呃…
Uh…
塔雷克的朋友介绍的
through Tarek’s friend.
他叫伊凡 是他把房♥子租给我们的
Ivan. That’s how we ended up living there.
你也住那?
You live there, too?
住了没多少时间
Just for a little while.

Oh.
那…你和塔雷克谈过了?
So… have you spoken to Tarek?
是的
Yes.
早上他打电♥话♥给我了
He called me this morning.
听上去他心情不错
He sounded in a good spirit.
我就怕这样
I was so afraid this was going to happen.
塔雷克总取笑我过于多虑
Tarek used to tease me that I worry too much.
但现在…
But now…
我不知道该怎么办
I just don’t know what to do.
我很想他
I miss him so much.
对不起
I’m sorry.
载那尔布
Zainab.
能不能帮我个忙
I’d like you to do something for me.
我想知道你和塔雷克喜欢做些什么
I’d like you to show me something you and Tarek like to do,
喜欢去什么地方
somewhere you like to go.
比如说?
Like what?
随便什么都可以
Whatever you like.
好的
Okay.

[chuckling] Okay.
史坦顿岛都有些什么?
So what is in Staten Island?
我不知道
I don’t know.
我们只是坐船过去 然后就回来了
We would just go there and then come back.
我们没下过船
We never got off.
为什么呢?
Why?
坐船是免费的
It was free.
感觉像到了某个地方
We felt like we were going somewhere.
哦,那里以前是世贸中心的姐妹楼
Oh. That’s where the Twin Towers were.
我从没见过,不过…塔雷克见过
I never saw them, but… Tarek did.
哦,还有…
Oh. And…
自♥由♥女神像
there’s the Statue.
后面就是埃利斯岛
And behind that is Ellis Island.
有时塔雷克会指着女神像 跳上跳下
Sometimes Tarek would point at the Statue and jump up and down
就好像我们第一次来纽约
like we’re arriving in New York for the first time.
很有意思
It was very funny. [laughs]
可以爬上女神像吗?
Can you go up in the Statue?
哦,可以
Oh, yeah.
我想可以
I think so.
你没去过?
You haven’t been there?
没有
No.
从没?
Never?
是的
Nope.

Oh. – [cell phone rings]
抱歉
Excuse me. – [ring]
喂?
Hello?
嗨,查尔斯
Hey, Charles.
怎么了
What’s that?
嗯,是的,我还在纽约
Um, yeah. I’m still in New York.
对不起,查尔斯 昨天我回不来
I’m sorry, Charles. I couldn’t make it back yesterday.
我说我昨天回不来
I said I couldn’t make it back!
我在船上
Well, I’m on a boat.
船上!
A boat!
听着,查尔斯 回来我会跟你解释的
Listen, Charles, I’ll explain it to you when I see you.
我得挂了 我会打给你的
But I have to go now, so I’ll call you back.
再见
Bye.
你去坐渡船了?
[Tarek] You went on the ferry?
是的
Yes.
不会吧
[chuckling] No.
我妈也去了? – 她很喜欢
My mother, too? – She liked it.
你知道她们在这 甚至都没去过什么地方
You know that they don’t even have an outside space here.
只有周围一小块地方
They just have a room with its roof cut out.
真的?
Really?
吃惊吧
Some crazy stuff, man.
她们相处得很好…
And they seemed to get along…
载那尔布和我妈?
Zainab and my mother?
是的,我觉得你妈妈很喜欢她
Yes. I think your mother likes her very much.
我妈不打算回去,对吧?
My mother’s not going home, is she?
我想是的
I don’t think so.
我知道她在想我的父亲
I know she’s thinking about my father.
为什么?
Why?
他在叙利亚坐了七年牢
He spent seven years in jail in Syria
只是因为他在报上写了些东西
because of something he wrote in the newspaper.
他被放出来的时候 已经病得很重了
By the time they released him, he was very sick.
两个月后他就过世了
[Tarek] He died two months later.
所以我们才会搬来这
That’s why we moved here.
要来杯酒吗?
Would you like a glass of wine?
不了,谢谢
No, thank you.
摩那,嗯…
Mouna. Um…
我明天得回康涅狄格去工作了 我跟塔雷克说过了
I need to go back to Connecticut tomorrow, for work. I told Tarek.
你会去多久?
How long will you be gone?
嗯,还不清楚,我…
Um, I don’t know yet. I…
我会尽快回来看他的
I’ll try to get back and visit him as soon as I can.
沃尔特,你不必一直这么费心
Walter, you don’t have to keep visiting him.
你肯定很忙
I’m sure you’re busy.
我会尽力而为的
I’ll see what I can do.
晚饭马上好了
Dinner will be ready soon.
哦,好的
Oh. Okay.
沃尔特,你去过百老汇吗?
Walter. Do you go to Broadway?
不,没有
No, not really.
塔雷克给我寄了张歌♥剧魅影的CD 作为生日礼物
Tarek sent me the CD
我觉得我都能理解
I think I know every word.
塔雷克在教我打鼓
Tarek is teaching me the drum.
真的?学得怎么样了?
Really? How is that going?
要是他和我一起打
Well, I… I sound a lot better
我就能打得很好
when he’s playing with me.
你的课怎么办?
How’s your teaching?
我的课?
My teaching?
是的
Yes.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!