我不会走的
I will not leave.
卡哈利夫人,我不…不觉得
Mrs. Khalil, I don’t… I don’t think
你呆在纽约会有什么帮助
your being in New York will do any good
我们有很好的律师为塔雷克的…
because we have a very good lawyer working on Tarek’s…
威尔先生
Mr. Vale.
知道自己儿子关在那里
I will not go back to Michigan
我怎么可能会回密歇根去
knowing that my son is in that building.
即使我无法见他…
Even if I can’t see him…
我也会呆在这
I will stay here.
我们可以走了么?
Shall we go?
呃,女士?
Uh madame?
再见
Bye.
威尔先生?
Mr. Vale?
我得走了
I’m leaving now.
谢谢你的帮助
Thank you for your help.
你要去哪?
Where are you going?
找一个旅馆
I’ll find a hotel.
你可以住在塔雷克的房♥间
You can stay here. You can use Tarek’s room.
谢谢你的好意 不过我不能接受
Thank you for your offer, but I cannot accept it.
我不想打扰你
I don’t want to impose on you.
不会的
You’re not imposing.
我希望您能留下
Please. I would like you to stay.
非常谢谢
Thank you.
我会自己想办法的
But I will manage.
再见
Good-bye.
再见
Good-bye.
呃…夫人…卡哈利夫人?
Um… Mrs… Mrs. Khalil?
请别走
Please.
塔雷克被抓时我也在场
I was with Tarek when he was arrested.
当时在地铁站 这事我也有责任
He was in the subway in the first place because of me.
所以…
So…
请别走
please.
就算只待一个晚上也好
Even if it’s just for one night.
嗯,洗手间在走廊那边
Um, the bathroom is across the hall.
谢谢,威尔先生
Thank you, Mr. Vale.
不用客气,叫我沃尔特就行了
[sigh] No. Call me Walter.
那么叫我摩那
And I’m Mouna.
还需要什么吗?
So… do you need anything else?
不了,谢谢
No, thank you.
那…晚安
Well… good night.
晚安
Good night.
好吗?
Okay?
再见
Bye.
哦,早上好
Oh. Good morning.
早上好
Morning.
嗯…
Mmhh…
塔雷克向你问好
Tarek says hello.
他怎么样?
How is he?
我不知道怎么说
I can’t really tell.
他要我离开 但我不会走
He wants me to leave.
嗯…你想住多久都没问题
Well… you’re welcome to stay here as long as you need to.
谢谢
Thank you.
你真慷慨
That’s very generous of you.
嗯…谢谢你的报纸
Well… thank you for the paper.
不客气
You’re welcome.
你常住在城里?
Do you spend a lot of time in the city?
不,不,不常住
No, no. Not really.
我只是来这参加一个会议 读一下论文
I’m just here presenting a paper at a conference.
嗯…
Well…
你写的?
You wrote it?
嗯嗯
Mm-hmm.
恭喜
Congratulations.
其实是和别人一起写的
I co-authored it, really.
听证会后发生了什么?
And what happened after the hearing?
我们上诉了,花了两年时间
We appealed. It took two years.
你们的上诉被驳回了?
And your appeal was denied?
是的
Yes.
他们有没有寄信给你 连同你的东西一起?
And did they send you your bag-and-baggage letter?
没有 – 那是什么?
No. – What’s that?
基本上这封信会告诉你 驱逐出境的地点
Basically, it tells you where to show up and be deported.
可你没收到?
But you didn’t receive it?
没有,如果有我应该记得
No. I would remember this.
你有没有搬家?
Did you move?
最后我们不得不搬
Eventually, we had to.
不过搬之前我们检查过所有信件
But we had our mail advanced.
会不会信根本没寄到那?
Is it possible that it just never got there?
也许,以前有过
Yeah, it’s happened before.
911之前,移♥民♥没有抓得这么紧
And pre-9/11, it wasn’t much of a priority trackin’ people down,
不过要是你收到了而不说 那我就帮不了你了
but if you got it and you just ignored it, then there’s nothing I can do.
这么说…你能帮他
So… you can help him.
我尽力
I’m gonna try.
不过你得知道成功机会不大
But you should know it’s still a long shot.
政♥府♥对移♥民♥的策略已完全改变
The government’s approach has changed radically.
现在要黑白分明地多
It’s very black and white now.
要么是居民,要么不是
Either you belong, or you don’t.
塔雷克很走运 大多数人甚至都没有律师
Tarek’s lucky. Most of them don’t even have lawyers.
走运
Lucky.
相对而言
Relatively speaking.
我们得赶快行动
We just have to move quickly
尽快弄到紧急居住证 然后我们就能
to get an emergency stay, and then we’ll stick with a motion
重新申请绿卡
to reopen, pending his green card application. – [ring]
喂?
[Man] Yeah?
好的
Okay.
请你解释下好吗?
Can you explain what that means, please?
可我现在没时间
Actually, I don’t have the time right now.
很抱歉 我得马上赶去法♥院♥
I’m sorry. I have to be in court very shortly.
他会拘留多久?
How long will he be in detention?
说不准,很抱歉 不过我会尽力的
I can’t predict that. I am sorry, but I am gonna have to wrap this up.
你有孩子吗,莎哈先生?
Do you have any children, Mr. Shah?
有两个孩子
Yeah. Two kids.
不管值不值得 我叔叔也是被驱逐的
And for what it’s worth, my uncle was deported
他在这23年了,还有了家庭
after raising a family here for 23 years.
如果能把你儿子弄出来… 我一定会的
If I can get your son out… I will.
谢谢
Thank you.
你从哪里来?
Where are you from?
昆斯区
Queens.
她是哪个?
[Mouna] Which one is she?
离我们最近的那个
[Walter] The one closest to us.
那个黑人?
That black woman?
是啊
Mm-hmm.
那是载那尔布?
That is Zainab?
是的
Mm-hmm.
她真黑
She’s very black.
是啊
Mm-hmm.
载那尔布
Zainab.
哦,嗨,沃尔特
Oh. Hi, Walter.
啊,载那尔布,这是摩那 卡哈利…
Uh, Zainab, this is Mouna Khalil…
塔雷克的妈妈
Tarek’s mother.
哦… – 你好,载那尔布
Oh… – Hello, Zainab.
哦,我…
Oh, I…
很高兴见到您,卡哈利夫人
It’s a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Khalil.
我也是
You, too.
呃…我…很抱歉
Uh… I’m s… I’m sorry.
我…我不知道您会来
I… I didn’t know you were coming.
我也是
Neither did I.
你的首饰很漂亮
Your jewelry is very nice.

Oh. [chuckles]
哦,谢谢
Oh, thank you.
有空一起出去喝茶吧?
Do you think we can go out for a cup of tea sometime?
哦…好的
Oh… yeah.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!