怎么会这样?
How could this happen?
他很守法 不会做什么错事的
He knows better. He wouldn’t do anything wrong.
不,他没做
No, he didn’t.
没有
He didn’t.
我保证会没事的
I’m sure it’ll be okay.
不,不会没事的
No, it won’t be okay.
不会,我去过那里把事情都说清楚了
No, I went down to the precinct and made a statement.
不是这个问题
That doesn’t matter.
我们是非法移♥民♥
We are illegal.
我们不是合法居民
We are not citizens.
等他们发现了,他们就会…
And when they find out, they’re going to…
对不起
Excuse me.
怎么样了?
Well?
他被送走了
They moved him.
转到哪?
To where?
昆斯区的拘留中心
To a detention center in Queens.
他被移交给移♥民♥局了
He was turned over to Immigration.
他们说我们明晚可以去看他
They said we can see him tomorrow night.
探访时间是5点到10点
Visiting hours are 5 to 10.
我不能去那
I cannot visit that place.
去了我也完了
I’ll end up there, too.
载那尔布?
Zainab?

Yes.
我带了些中国菜回来,你要吃吗
I brought some Chinese food home, if you’d like to eat.
哦,不,谢谢,我不饿
Oh, no, thank you. I’m not hungry.
好吧,我会给你留一点 如果你想吃了,可以去冰箱里拿
Okay. Well, if you change your mind, I’ll leave some in the fridge.
谢谢
Thank you.
有塔雷克的消息吗?
Have you heard from Tarek?
还没
No. Not yet.
哦,好吧…
Oh. Well…
我约了一个移♥民♥方面的律师
I made an appointment with an immigration attorney
明天早上11点见面
for tomorrow morning at 11.
不,我们付不起
No. We can’t afford that.
不用担心钱
That’s okay.
谢谢,沃尔特
Thank you, Walter.
沃尔特
Walter.
我被拘留过…
I was in detention…
我第一次来的时候,被拘留了五个月
when I first arrived, for five months.
你怎么出来的?
How did you get out?
他们…关了那个机构 把一些女人放了
They… closed the facility and released some of the women.
男人一个都没放
They didn’t release any of the men.
我们会把他弄出来的
We’ll get him out.
晚安
Good night.
晚安
Good night.
好的
[Man] Okay.
好的
Yeah.
好的
Okay.
先生,拘留犯被送走了
Sir, that detainee has been moved.
他昨天还在这
He was here yesterday.
现在他不在这了 我就知道这些
Well, he’s not here now. That’s all I know.
你可以打电♥话♥给移♥民♥中心 墙上有电♥话♥号♥码
You can call I.C. The number’s on the wall.
哪里?
Where?
电♥话♥机和饮水机那的墙上
On the wall by the phone and the water fountain.
下一个
Next.
先生,请让一下
Sir, step aside, please.
嗨,我来这找塔雷克 卡哈利
Hi. I’m here to see Tarek Khalil.
你以前来过吗?
Have you been here before?
没有,先生
No, sir.
喂?
[Man] Hello?
可以看看你的驾驶证吗?
May I see your driver’s license, please?
好的,呃…
[Man] Yes, it is. Um…
这个你…
the one you…
嗨,巴比托
[Woman] Hi, papito.

Hi.
沃尔特,谢谢你来看我
Walter. Thank you for coming.
不客气
Of course.
载那尔布怎么样?
How is Zainab?
她很担心,嗯…
She’s upset. Um…
我有…一封她的信
I have a… a letter from her.
哦,你没法给我
Oh, you can’t give it to me.
只能邮寄给我
It has to be sent to me by mail.

Oh.
不过…不过你可以把它贴在玻璃上
But… But you can put it up to the glass.
快,把信展开
Go ahead. Open it up
然后按在玻璃上 这样我就能看了
and press it up to the glass so I can read it.
没事,这是允许的
It’s okay. It’s allowed.
跟爸爸问声好
[Woman] You want to say hello to papá>
哦…
Oh… – [squeals and laughs]
谢谢,沃尔特
Thank you, Walter.
他们对你怎么样?
So how are they treating you?
这里很压抑
It’s very depressing here.
没有隐私
There’s no privacy.
灯火通明
The lights are always on.
你需要什么吗?
You need anything?
没,我只想离开这里
No. I just want to get out of here.
嗯…载那尔布和我今天去见了一个律师
Well… Zainab and I met with a lawyer today.
是吗?他怎么说?
Yes? What did he say?
嗯…他…他明天会过来看你
Well, he’s… he’s gonna stop by tomorrow and see you.
塔雷克,载那尔布说你拒绝去救济所
Tarek. Zainab said that you were denied asylum.
你是说我们来这时?
You mean when we came here?
是的
Yeah.
驱境听证会你去了没?
Did you go to your deportation hearing?
去了
Yeah.
在密歇根
In Michigan.
他们说的我们全做了
Yeah. We did everything they told us to.
好的
Okay.
走吧,伙计,你该走了
Let’s go, man. You gotta get off.
点名了
Bed count.
我得走了
I have to go.
他们要点名了
They have to do a bed count.
平时我有一个小时的会客时间
Usually, I can visit for one hour.
明天能来吗?
Could you come tomorrow?
可以 – 好的
I will. Yeah. – Good.
再见,朋友
Good-bye, my friend.
再见
Good-bye.
明天见
I’ll see you tomorrow.
好的,再见
[Woman] Okay. Bye.
沃尔特,我现在得走了
Walter, I’m going to leave now.
我有个堂兄住在布朗克斯
I have a cousin who lives in the Bronx.
我打算暂时住他那
I’m going to go stay with him for now.
你不必走 你可以留下
You don’t have to go. You can stay here.
我想还是走比较好
I think it’s better I leave.
呃…在必要的时候 你知道怎么找到我
Um… you know how to reach me if you need to.
我暂时把塔雷克的东西留在这可以吗?
Is it okay if I leave Tarek’s things here for now?
呃…我堂兄的房♥子…不怎么大
Uh, my cousin’s place is… not very big.
当然可以
Yes, of course.
谢谢
Thank you.
喂?
Hello?
哦,嗨,查尔斯
Oh. Hi, Charles.
哦,等等,不好意思,什…什么?
Oh. Wait. I’m sorry. Wha… What?
对,会议很顺利
Yeah. The conference went very well.

Yes.
不,呃,事实上,我还在纽约 为我的书做些调查
No, uh, actually, I’m still in New York, and I’m doing some research for my book.
为什么?
Why?
会什么时候开?
[sigh] When’s the meeting?
什…
Wha…
哦,好的
Oh. Okay.
好吧,我…我会,嗯…
All right. I… I’ll, um…
明天一大早我就离开
I’ll leave first thing tomorrow.
好的,三点见,再见
Yeah. I’ll see you at 3. Bye.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!