写过三本,现在在写第四本
Three, and I’m working on a fourth.
四本书 – 嗯
Four books. – Mm-hmm.
喔,很了不起
Wow. That’s great.
我父亲也是个作家,一个记者
My father was a writer. A journalist.
他还在写作吗?
Is he still writing?
不,差不多九年前他就去世了 那时我们还没离开叙利亚
No. He died before we left Syria, almost nine years ago.
我很难过
Sorry.
我也是
Me, too.
塔雷克 – 嗯
Tarek. – Mmm.
嗯,我们得走了
Mmm. We have to go.
我有个演奏会
I have a gig.
沃尔特,如果愿意,你可以一起来
Walter, you can come if you want.
哦,不了,我还有工作,谢谢
Oh, no. I’ve got some work I have to get done. Thank you.
好的,那改天吧
Okay. Well, maybe another time.
好的
Okay.
再见 – 再见
Bye. – Good-bye.
你请他做什么? – 我们住在他的房♥子里,我能怎么办?
What’s…
你敲鼓的时候,我就得陪着他
You…
知道吗,你生气的样子很迷人
You know, you are very sexy when you’re mad at me.
嘿?
Hello?
不介意的话,我一起去
If you don’t mind, I think I will come.

Cool.
我拿件外套
Let me get my coat.
喔!
Hohh!
他很棒
He’s very good.
是啊
Yes.
整个乐队都很棒 – 是啊
The whole band’s very good. – Yes.
很抱歉让你们久等了
I’m sorry, guys. [chuckles]
嗯,好,我们走吧
Yeah, well, let’s go.
很不错
Very good.
真的?你喜欢?
Really? You liked it?
是的,很棒
Yeah. It was very good.
我刚刚还在害怕你会不喜欢
I was not sure.
我怕你觉得太吵了
I thought it’s too loud and you know.
塔雷克?
Tarek?

Oh.

[exhales sharply] Hi.
不错,沃尔特
Sounded good, Walter.
抱歉,我…
I’m sorry. I…
不,别这么说
No. Don’t be sorry.
鼓就是让人敲的
That’s what it’s there for.
我躺在床上
[laughs] I was lying
听着音乐
on my bed, listening to my music,
然后我听见…
and then I was, like…
不知什么音乐,很疯狂
what’s that crazy rhythm I’m hearing?
坐下,来,我给你示范
Sit. Come on. I’ll show you.
两脚放平
Just put your feet flat on the ground.
把鼓放在两腿之间 像这样
Now take the drum between your legs like this.
现在用脚踝把鼓稍稍支起
Now you want to take the inside edge off the ground
像这样
with your ankles, like this.
很好
Great.
好了吗?
You’re okay?
好了
Okay.
好了
Okay.
沃尔特,你太聪明了
Now, Walter, I know you’re a very smart man,
不过敲鼓时 记得不要去想
but with a drum you have to remember not to think.
那样会敲不好,懂吗?
Thinking just screws it up. Okay?
好的
Okay.
现在敲两下
Now, give it a couple of bangs.
别太用劲,你不是在拿它发泄
Not so hard. You’re not angry at it.
好的,很抱歉
Okay. I’m sorry.

Okay.
好些了,有没有在想?
Better. Did you think?
没有
No.
很好
Good.
还有一点,沃尔特
Now, one more thing, Walter.
古典乐是四拍
You listen to classical music, so you think in fours.
1,2,3,4
1, 2, 3, 4.
嗒,嗒,嗒,嗒
Dah, dah, dah, dah.
这是非洲鼓
This is an African drum,
所以敲的时候是三拍
so we’re gonna be playing in threes.
嗒,嗒,嗒
Tak tak tak.
你得忘了古典乐
You have to forget your classical.
抛诸脑后,嗒,嗒,嗒
Leave it behind. Tak tak tak.
1,2,3
1, 2, 3.
来,跟着我
Come on, follow me.
嗒,嗒,嗒
Tak tak tak.
嗒,嗒,嗒
Tak tak tak.
1,2,3
1, 2, 3.
别急,再来一次
Don’t worry. Start again.
很好
Good.
别急
Don’t worry.
再来
Again.
很不错
Good.
你会了
You got it.
继续…
[falls out of rhythm] – Go…
很抱歉,很抱歉 – 没关系
I’m sorry. I’m sorry. – Don’t worry.
别急,再来一次
Don’t worry. Go again.
很好
Good.
就是这样
That’s it.
继续,我来做这个
Now, keep it going, and I’ll do this.
就这样
There you go.
1…
1…
1…
1…
喔!
Hohh!
你好
Hello.

Hi.
塔雷克在吗?
Is Tarek home?
啊,不,他,呃… 他去看♥房♥♥子了
Uh, no. He, uh… he went to look at another apartment.
你还好吗?
Are you okay?
很好
Yes.
塔雷克教我打鼓 我刚在练习
Tarek’s been giving me drum lessons, and I was just practicing.
放心,我会穿好裤子
Don’t worry. I’ll keep my pants on.
什么?
What?
没事
Nothing.
前些天,呃…
It’s just that earlier, uh…
没事
No, nothing.
很大程度上
Which is due, in large part,
是因为非洲基础设施的落后
to the delay in African infrastructure
以及钢铁进口的缩减
and the slowdown on steel imports.
嗨,沃尔特!
Hey, Walter!
演讲怎么样?
How did the presentation go?
哦,很成功,谢谢
Oh, fine. Thanks.
不错
Cool.
准备好了吗? – 是的
You ready? – Yeah.
我们走
Let’s go.
你能拿着这鼓吗? – 好的
Can you grab this drum? – Yeah.

Okay.
也许你该把铭牌取下
You might want to take off your, uh, name tag.
哦,好的
Oh, okay.
饿吗?
You hungry?
是的,饿死了
Yeah, I’m starving.
喜欢夏瓦尔玛馅饼吗?
You like shawarmas?
是的,很喜欢
Yeah, I like sharmas.
夏瓦尔玛馅饼
[correcting] Shawarmas. – [chuckles]
这个给你
Here. This is for you.
为了你的收留
For letting us stay.
哦,谢谢
Oh. Thank you.
是菲拉 库提,你认识吗?
It’s Fela Kuti. You know him?
不认识
Nope.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!