是的,谢谢
Yes. Thank you.
这里不错吧?
How was everything?
棒极了 – 很好
Great. – Very good.
其实,我想来杯酒
Actually, I think I’d like a glass of wine, please.
哦,抱歉,我都没想到
Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t even think to ask.
没关系
It’s okay.
不是每个晚上都能看到魅影
It’s not every night that you see The Phantom.
一杯红葡萄酒
I’ll have a Cabernet.
红葡萄酒
Cabernet.
两杯,谢谢
Two, please.
好的
Excellent.
我很久没来过剧院了 我也是
Well, I haven’t been to the theater in a long time. Me, neither.
叙利亚有个地方叫玛卢拉
There’s a place in Syria called Malula.
那是一个很大的露天剧院
It’s a very big outdoor theater.
很漂亮
It’s beautiful.
我们以前常带塔雷克去那 听音乐会
We used to take Tarek there to see concerts.
您要的,两杯红葡萄酒 – 谢谢
Here you go. Two Cabernets. – Thank you.
谢谢 – 不客气
Thank you. – You’re welcome.
好吧
Well.
干杯
Cheers.

Mmm.
摩那,嗯…
Mouna. Um…
我请假了… 呃,余下的整个学期
I’m taking a leave of absence… uh, for the rest of the semester.

Ahem.
真的?为什么?
Really? Why?
我觉得我该在纽约多呆点时间
Well, I thought I might spend some more time in New York.
沃尔特,你不必这么做 你很忙
Walter, you don’t have to do this. You’re busy.
不,我想这么做
No, I want to.
但你该呆在康涅狄格
But you have to be in Connecticut.
你要上课,要写书
You have your teaching, your book.
不,没关系,真的
No, it’s fine. Really.
你不该操心这,沃尔特
This is not your problem, Walter.
你忙你的没关系
It’s okay that you’re busy.
我不忙
I’m not busy.
一点都不
Not at all.
其实我已经很久没做过什么了
The truth is I haven’t done any real work in a very long time.
但你才在会议上 宣读了你的论文
But you just presented your paper at the conference.
不,不,不,那不是我写的
No. No. No, I didn’t even write it.
我只是读出来
I just read it.
二十年来我一直在教同一门课
I’ve been teaching the same course for 20 years,
但这对我…已经毫无意义了
and it… doesn’t mean anything to me.
没有什么对我有意义了
None of it does.
我只是在装
I pretend.
我假装很忙 假装工作,假装写书
I pretend that I’m busy, that I’m working, that I’m writing.
其实我什么都没做
I’m not doing anything.
抱歉
I’m sorry.
不用抱歉
Don’t be.
我很高兴你能告诉我这些
I really appreciate you telling me this.
嗯,沃尔特
Um, Walter.
你不教书了会做些什么呢?
What would you do if you didn’t teach?
我不知道
I don’t know.
不知道才会让人兴奋
It’s kind of exciting not to know.
几点了?
What time is it?
呃,12:30
Uh, 12:30.
天哪,这么晚了?
My God. Is it?
是的,这在纽约很正常
Yeah. I think that happens a lot in New York.
这…
It’s… [chuckles]
谢谢,沃尔特
Thank you, Walter.
今晚真是太棒了
It was a lovely evening.
很久没这么开心了
It’s the most fun I had in a long time.
我跟塔雷克说过今晚会带你出来 我做到了
Yeah, I told Tarek I was taking you tonight, and I did.
我想他也会很高兴
I think he was happy about it.
谢谢
Thank you.
晚安
Good night.
晚安
Good night.
塔雷克的消息 出事了
There’s a message from Tarek. Something’s wrong.
他怎么说?
What did he say?
他说他们要把他送走 他不知道会怎么样
He said they were moving him. He didn’t know what it meant.
我们得过去
We should go.
好的,他什么时候能来?
Okay. When do you expect him?
好吧,等他回来后
All right. When he gets in,
请让他立刻打给我,好吗?
could you have him call me as soon as possible?
呃,求求你 这很急,谢谢
Uh, please. It’s an emergency. Thank you.
天,他还在上庭
God, he’s still in court.
快,快,快,能再快点吗?
[sigh] Come on, come on, come on. Can you hurry?
抱歉,先生
[Driver] Sorry, sir.
我讨厌这种感觉
I hate this feeling.
呃…我来这看38床的…塔雷克 卡哈利
Um… I’m here for bed 38… Tarek Khalil.
探访时间从下午5点开始
Visiting hours start at 5 p.m.
什么?对不起,我没听清
What? I’m sorry. Excuse me?
探访时间从下午5点开始 – 哦,嗯
Visiting hours are at 5 p.m. – Oh. Um,
我…我…知道
it… I… I understand.
但这事…很急
But this is e… extremely urgent.
你能帮我查一下吗?
Could you please check for me?
谢谢,先生,我很感激
Thank you, sir. I appreciate it.
他不在这了
He is no longer with us.
那…那是…
Well… wh… [sigh]
什么意思?
What does that mean?
我不确定
I’m not sure.
你不确定是什么意思?
[sigh] What do you mean you’re not su…?
他被送到其它地方, 其它洲去了吗,还是别的什么?
I mean was he moved to another facility, another state, what?
我不知道
I don’t know.
我只知道拘留犯已经不在这了
I just know that that detainee is no longer at the facility.
那,能不能… 帮我问一下管事的?
Well, coul… could you please find someone who… who does know?
非常感谢
I would appreciate it.
等等 – 谢谢
Hold on. – Thank you.
非常谢谢
Thank you very much.
是的,卡哈利,38床?
Yes. Khalil. 38?
好的
Okay.
是的
Yes.
先生? – 找到了吗?
Sir? – Yes? Did you find him?
他被送走了
He’s been removed.
送去哪?
Removed to where?
驱逐出境
Deported.
驱逐出境?
Deported?
什么时候?
When?
今天早上
He was deported this morning.
怎么会?
How can that be?
不,他…
No, he…
嗯…先生,呃…
Um… sir, is, uh…
有没有办法联♥系♥上他?
Is there any way that I could contact him?
我想没有
I don’t think so.
你觉得没有 这算什么回答?
You don’t think so. What kind of an answer is that?
抱歉,先生 我只知道这些
I’m sorry, sir. That’s all the information that I have.
好吧
Okay.
现在,请你离开窗口
Now, please step away from the window?
有什么问题,你可以去问移♥民♥局
You can contact I.C. if you have any further questions.
电♥话♥号♥码在墙上
The number’s on the wall.
先生?
Sir?
请离开窗口
Step away from the window, please?
先生,最后一遍 请离开窗口
Sir. For the last time, step away from the window.
你们不能就这样把人赶走
You can’t just take people away like that.
你听见没?
Do you hear me?
他是个好人,好人
He was a good man, a good person.
这不公平!
It’s not fair!
我们不是无依无靠的孩子!
We are not just helpless children!
他有自己的生活!
He had a life!
听到没?
Do you hear me?
我…我是说你们到底听到没?
Do… I mean do you hear me?
这到底怎么了?
What’s the matter with you?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!