Hurry.
快点
I didn’t know you could run so fast.
我不知道你能跑这么快
We’re still for running and staying… Hey!
我们还是宁可选择落跑
Noah ought to be punished. He whacked little Joseph with a stick again.
诺亚应该受罚, 他又拿棍子打乔瑟夫了
Ouch! No more hitting! Put it down!
痛! 不要打了, 棍子放下
Ow, ow, ow!
啊, 啊, 啊
Why don’t they grab it?
他们为什么不抓住?
Noah Percy!
诺亚·帕西
Stop your fussing right this moment.
立刻给我住手
You’re in trouble, you know.
你麻烦大了
No hitting, no hitting. I’m to place you in the quiet room.
不能打人、不能打人 我要把你关到悔过室
Um, I’ll cry quarts.
我会哭的
What if we strike a deal? Yeah, capital idea.
那我们谈个条件吧? 好主意
It would be prudent to keep our deal a secret. Can you do that?
这要小心保密, 你做得到吗?
Can I keep a secret? Like a church mouse.
守口如瓶
You needn’t go to the quiet room if you a take an oath
只要你发誓, 就不用进悔过室
to never strike any person again.
发誓不再打人
No hitting, no hitting. No. No hitting.
不打人 不打人
No hitting. No hitting.
不打人 不打人
No hitting.
不打人
The deal is struck.
谈定了
We ought not return right away, huh?
我们不该马上回去
What shall we do with our stolen time?
多出来的时间要干嘛?
Hmm. Hmm.
嗯 嗯
Hmm. Shall we have a foot race? Yes.
我们来赛跑吧? 好
Up the hill to the resting rock? No cheating.
跑到休息岩 不能作弊
What a deeply scandalous thing to say. I insist you take that back.
这样说别人太恶毒了, 收回去
Is that the school bell?
那是上课铃♥声♥吗?
Ivy, you cheated!
艾薇, 你作弊
I know! I’m sorry!
我知道, 对不起
My sister cried a lot.
我姐哭惨了
You wonder how I recognized you?
你想知道我是怎么认出你的?
Some people – just a handful, mind you – give off the tiniest color.
有些人, 其实只有少数人, 会显露出一点颜色
It’s faint, like a haze.
很模糊, 雾雾的
It’s the only thing I ever see in the darkness.
我在黑暗中只看得见这个
Papa has it, too.
我爸也有颜色
Do you wonder what your color is?
你想知道你是什么颜色吗?
Well, that I won’t tell you. It’s not ladylike to speak of such things.
我不会说的, 女生不该说这些
You shouldn’t even have asked.
你也不该问
You run like a boy.
你跑起来像个男生
Thank you.
谢谢
I know why you denied my sister.
我知道你为何拒绝我姐
When I was younger…
在我小的时候
…you used to hold my arm when I walked.
你都会在我走路时牵着我的手
Then suddenly, you stopped.
后来你突然不牵了
One day, I even tripped in your presence, and nearly fell.
有天我在你面前绊倒, 差点摔倒
I was faking, of course, but still, you did not hold me.
当然, 我是假装的, 但你还是没来牵我
Sometimes we don’t do things we want to do
有时我们不做我们想做的事
so that others won’t know we want to do them.
以免让别人知道我们很想做
What?
什么?
What’s this? Oh, berries.
这是什么? 野莓
What a splendid present.
真棒的礼物
Be cautious.
小心
You are holding the bad color.
你握着禁忌的颜色
This color attracts Those We Don’t Speak Of. You must bury it.
这颜色会吸引我们不能提的东西, 你得埋了它
You ought not to pick that color berry any more.
你不能再捡那种颜色的野莓了
He picked it from his pocket.
他是从口袋里拿出来的
What’s wrong? Your breathing has changed.
怎么了? 你呼吸变了
I’ve never set eyes on these before.
我没看过这些野莓
You did not pick that now. Where did you find this?
你不是刚刚才捡的, 你在哪里找到的?
“Today at Resting Rock,
今天在休息岩
Noah Percy handed lvy Walker berries of the bad color.”
诺亚拿了禁忌颜色的野莓给艾薇
“When asked where he found these berries,
我问他是在哪里找到的
for they were not like others I have seen,
因为我没见过那种野莓
he pointed to the drawing upon Resting Rock.”
他指向休息岩后面
“It is my belief that Noah Percy has entered the woods,
我相信诺亚曾进入森林
and has done so on many occasions. ”
而且去过很多次
“It is also my belief that, because of his innocence,
我也相信由于他的天真无邪
those creatures who reside in the woods did not harm him. ”
那些森林里的东西没有伤害他
“This strengthens my feeling that they will let me pass
这更让我觉得, 它们会让我通过
if they sense I am not a threat.”
只要它们察觉到我并不是威胁
We shall speak of the town, just this once,
我们该谈谈城镇, 就这一次
and we shall never speak of it again.
以后就再也不谈
Your father left for the market on a Tuesday,
你父亲在某个周二早上
at a quarter past nine in the morning.
9点一刻离家前往市场
He was found robbed and naked in the filthy river, two days later.
两天后他被人发现遇劫, 全♥裸♥躺在脏污的河里
Why’d you tell me this blackness?
为什么告诉我这个恐怖的故事?
So you will know the nature of what you desire.
好让你知道你向往的不是天堂
I do not desire it. My intentions are true to my word.
我并不向往那里, 我立意良善
I think of nothing but the people of this village.
我是为村里的人着想
Forgive me. I am but scared for my only son’s life.
原谅我, 我担心我独子的性命
I am not the one with secrets.
有秘密的又不是我
What is your meaning?
你这话什么意思?
There are secrets in every corner of this village.
这村里每个角落都有秘密
Do you not feel it? Do you not see it?
你没感觉到吗? 你没看到吗?
That is for my own well-being,
那装的是我私人的物品
so the evil things from my past are kept close and not forgotten.
锁着过去的邪恶事物, 不轻易忘却它们
Forgetting would be to let them be born again in another form.
忘却会让它们再度重生
Then let us open it.
我们打开它吧
No!

Perhaps we should speak with Edward Walker together.
也许我们该跟艾德华·沃克谈谈
He may be able… He hides, too.
他也许会 他也有所隐藏
He hides his feelings for you.
隐藏他对你的情感
Oh.
哦?
Sometimes we don’t do things,
有时我们不做某些事
yet others know we want to do things, so we don’t do them.
但其他人知道我们想做, 所以我们就不做
What nonsense are you saying?
你在胡说什么?
You needn’t worry. Nothing will happen to me.
不用担心, 我不会有事的
You remind me of a colt sometimes.
你有时还真像只野马
What makes you think he has feelings for me?
你为什么觉得他对我有情?
He never touches you.
他从不碰你
There’s no escape!
你跑不掉的!
Oh, hello.
你好
I was just playing a game with Noah.
我在跟诺亚玩游戏
The rascal must have gone to hide in my house again.
那家伙一定又躲到我家去了
Houses are against the rules!
躲到房♥子里是犯规的
He knows that.
他知道的
Are you all right?
你还好吧?
We’re tending to the children tonight, Kitty and l. I should be with her. Be well.
我们今晚负责顾小孩, 凯蒂和我, 我该去找她了
I heard my parents speaking of you.
我听我父母谈到你
I know of your request to go to the towns.
我知道你请求前往城镇
I think it is noble, but I do not think it is right.
我觉得这行为很高贵, 但并不对
Are you not angry you have no sight?
你不气你看不见吗?
I see the world, Lucius Hunt.
我看得见世界, 路希斯·杭特
Just not as you see it.
只是不像你那样用眼睛看
What of Noah, then?
那诺亚呢?
What if there are medicines for Noah that could help him be still and to learn?
要是有药可以医诺亚, 让他能静下来学习呢?
May we stop speaking of this? It is putting knots in my stomach.
别说了行吗? 这让我胃痛
Kitty is to be married.
凯蒂要结婚了
She’s found love, again, with Christop Crane.
她又再度找到真爱, 克里斯·凯恩
You think it an odd choice, right?
你会觉得这选择很怪吧?
You know, he won’t sit back in his chair for fear of setting wrinkles on his shirts.
他连坐椅子都不愿往后靠, 因为怕弄皱他的衣服
But he does have a gentlemanly way about him…
但是他的确很有绅士风度
…and he does care for my sister deeply.
他也在乎我姐… 非常在乎
I think Kitty is blessed.
我想凯蒂有福了
I am blessed as well.
我也有福了
My older sister is now spoken for.
我姐现在有归宿了
I am now free to receive interest from anyone…
我现在可以自♥由♥接受
…who might have interest.
有兴趣的人追求
I’m going to get you. Oh!
我会抓到你的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!