Who’ll pinch me to wake me up?
谁要捏我一下叫醒我
Who will laugh at me when I fall?
我摔倒时谁嘲笑我?
Whose breath will I listen for…
我要听谁的呼吸声
…so that I may sleep?
才能够入睡?
Whose hand will I hold…
我该持谁的手…
…so that I may walk?
渡过漫漫人生?
We may question ourselves at moments such as these.
在这种时刻… 我们也许会有所质疑
Did we make the right decision to settle here?
定居于此的决定是否正确?
We are grateful for the time we have been given.
我们感激上天给予我们的时光
What manner of spectacle has attracted your attention so splendidly?
什么好东西这么吸引你们?
I ought to carry it in my pocket to help me teach.
我该带它进教室做教材才是
Who came upon this?
谁发现这个的?
Philip, did you move this? No, Mr. Walker.
菲力, 是你搬来的? 不是的, 沃克先生
I inspected it carefully. Its head was twisted back and much of its fur removed.
我检查过, 它头被扭断, 毛皮也被剥掉
I see. It was murdered.
我明白了 它是被谋杀的
But who is the culprit?
但凶手是谁呢?
Who has done this heinous act?
是谁下了这样的毒手?
Those We Don’t Speak Of killed it. There it is.
那些我们不能提的东西杀的 就是了
Why would such a notion come into your mind?
你为什么会有这样的想法?
They’re meat eaters. Mmm.
它们吃肉 嗯
They have large claws.
还有巨大的爪子
Children…
孩子们
…Those We Don’t Speak Of have not breached our borders for many years.
那些我们不能提的东西, 已有多年没跨越边界了
We do not go into their woods,
我们不去它们的森林
they do not come into our valley.
它们也不来我们的村落
It is a truce.
这是一种约定
We do not threaten them.
我们没有威胁它们
Why would they do this?
它们为何要这么做?
And we ought not to overlook the Flight of the Birds.
我们不该再停办飞鸟祭了
We didn’t have it last year and l, for one, missed it desperately.
我们去年就没办, 而我很想念这个祭典
And I know your wife missed the children dressed in feathers and such.
你老婆也很想让孩子穿羽毛装
I am fond of it. Mmm.
我也很爱 嗯
I do not have a say in this matter.
我对此事没有决定权
August Nicholson is chair of today’s meeting.
奥古斯·尼柯逊是今天的主席
There’s a young man who has requested a word with the elders.
有一位年轻人请求会见长老
Well, do have him come forward.
让他进来吧
Alice.
艾莉
Hello, Lucius.
你好, 路希斯
“My mother is unaware of the reason for my visit today.”
我母亲并不知道我求见的原因
“She did not give her consent or consult me in any form.”
她并未以任何形式同意或建议我
“The passing of little Daniel Nicholson from illness,
小丹尼的病逝
and other events, have weighed on my thoughts.”
以及其他事件令我思考许久
“l ask permission to cross into the forbidden woods
我特此前来请求… 让我穿过禁地
and travel to the nearest town.”
到最近的城镇
“l will gather new medicines, and I will return.”
我会收集新的医药品, 然后回来
“With regards to Those We Don’t Speak Of,
至于那些我们不能提的东西
I am certain they will let me pass.”
我相信它们会让我通过
“Creatures can sense emotion and fear.”
动物能感受到情绪和害怕
“They will see I am pure of intention, and not afraid.”
它们会知道我意图纯正且不害怕
“The end.”
以上
What goes on in that head of yours?
你的脑袋里在想什么?
Say something, Lucius.
说话啊, 路希斯
Finton Coin is in the tower, and I’ve promised to sit with him.
芬顿·柯恩在瞭望塔, 我答应要去陪他站哨
Hmm.

Do you ever think of the towns, Finton?
芬顿, 你想过城镇吗?
The towns?
城镇?
What for?
为什么要想?
They’re wicked places where wicked people live. That’s all.
那是邪恶的人住的邪恶地方
Thank you, Lucius.
谢谢你, 路希斯
You’re a good friend.
你是个好朋友
I do hope no one saw you.
希望没人看见你在这
What we seem to have amongst us is a predator of some type,
这可能是某种掠食动物的杰作
most likely a coyote or a wolf.
很可能是草原狼, 或是狼
Its manner of… of killing and removing the fur,
它杀死牲畜并拔除毛皮
but leaving the flesh torn,
却留下了肉
may be a sign that this animal suffers from madness.
也许这代表这只动物发疯了
And for the next fortnight, we should be vigilant
接下来两星期, 我们要提高警觉
for sightings of this coyote.
注意这只狼
Keep careful watch over our little ones as they play on the hills.
孩子们在山坡上玩时要小心注意
As for the other notion…
至于其他的想法
…we do not believe our boundary has been breached.
我们不相信边界受到危害
Those We Don’t Speak Of are much larger creatures than coyotes…
那些我们不能提的东西, 体型比狼要大很多
…and we would know if they had been here.
要是它们跑来, 我们会知道的
Ahh, it’s frightful, this business with the coyote. Is it not, Papa?
狼的事真可怕, 爸爸
Do not feel worried, Kitty. You are not troubled?
别担心, 凯蒂 你不担心?
I’m certain it will all end soon.
我相信这很快就会结束
Can we speak on other matters, then? It would be a relief.
那我们能谈谈别的事吗? 那太好了
I’m in love!
我坠入爱河了
I want your permission to marry, Papa.
我要你准许我结婚
There’s a proper manner in which things are supposed to happen.
这种事应该要照规矩来的
Such as the boy would normally be standing next to you,
比如说, 这个男人应该陪你来
in a moment such as this… Where is the boy in all this, Kitty?
这个男人呢?
I haven’t spoken to him as of yet.
我还没跟他提
The young man is unaware of your intentions?
这年轻人不知道你的打算?
He has a quiet way. I was going to talk with him, Papa, but not without your blessings.
他很木讷寡言, 我正打算跟他提, 只要有你祝福
I won’t talk with him without your blessings.
没有你的祝福, 我不会跟他提
Kitty!
凯蒂!
It’s Lucius Hunt.
他就是路希斯·杭特
Lucius?
路希斯?
You think badly of him?
你觉得他不好?
No, no. I have been thinking about him. He’s not like the other boys, Papa.
不, 我最近正好在想他的事 他不像其他男生
He doesn’t joke or bounce about.
他不轻浮躁进
No, he certainly does not.
他绝对不是那种人
Do I have your blessings, then?
那你是祝福我喽?
Look, do me one favor first.
先帮我一个忙
Do not tell anyone else of your burstings until you have spoken with the young man.
在你跟这个年轻人谈过之前, 先别跟人说你的喜讯
Good afternoon, Lucius.
午安, 路希斯
I wanted to… to… to tell you something.
我有话想跟你说
I love you, Lucius.
我爱你, 路希斯
I love you… Iike the day is long.
我爱你, 就像白昼一样明确
I love you more than the sun and the moon together.
我对你的爱比日月更明亮
And if you feel the same way, then we should not hide it any longer.
如果你也有同感, 就不该隐藏这份情感
It’s a gift, love is. We should be thankful.
爱是恩赐, 我们应该心怀感激
We should bellow it out with all the breath in our lungs.
我们应该尽全力大声颂扬
Thank you! Thank you!
感谢天、感谢天
Thank you!
感谢天
Shh, shh.

Shh.

♪ Baby, sleep, gently sleep ♪
♪ 宝贝睡, 好好睡 ♪
♪ Life is long and love is deep ♪
♪ 人生漫长情更长 ♪
♪ Time will be sweet for thee ♪
♪ 时光必将抚慰你 ♪
♪ All the world to see ♪
♪ 世界等着你发掘 ♪
♪ Time to look about and know ♪
♪ 抬头看看你四周 ♪
♪ How the shadows come and go ♪
♪ 阴霾来了又会走 ♪
♪ How the breeze stirs the trees ♪
♪ 微风轻摇树枝头 ♪
♪ How the blossoms grow ♪
♪ 花开枝头绽笑颜 ♪
I often wondered if you and my son bonded because neither of you is fond of speaking.
我常怀疑你跟我儿子很要好, 因为你们都不爱说话
You’re very kind.
你人很好
You must pardon my manners. I haven’t slept in many nights.
抱歉, 我很多天没睡了
You are doing capital, Jamison.
你做的很好, 杰米森
Just a few more moments, huh? Gather your bravery.
再多待一下, 鼓起你的勇气
Do not jostle about so. You’ll ruin my shirt.
别挤, 你们把我衣服都挤皱了
They made a sound when I made a sound, and they mimic before they attack.
我出声它们就出声, 它们在攻击前会模仿人
Have courage, man. That’s a wives’ tale. It isn’t true.
勇敢点, 那是迷信, 不是真的
Do not falter. Steel yourself!
别退缩, 咬紧牙关
You know, like a dog can smell you.
就像狗一样闻得出来
Pardon me, Mr. Nicholson? Hmm.
你说什么? 嗯
You may run from sorrow, as we have.
我们可以像过去一样逃避悲伤
Sorrow will find you.
但悲伤自会找到你
It can smell you.
它闻得出你

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!