It’s over, period.
– 还会有别的案子的 – 不会有其他案子了 只有这个
– There’ll be other cases. – There are no other cases. This is the case.
你会再有别的案子了 就这一个
There are no other cases. This is the case.
没有别的案子了 就这一个
There are no other cases. This is the case.
没有了 这就是现实
No other cases, this is the case.
我知道你的感受
I know how you feel.
虽然你不相信这点 但我真的知道
You don’t believe me, but I do know.
我告诉你些 我在你这个年纪时学到的启示
I’m gonna tell you something that I learned when I was your age.
当时我接手了一个案子 老怀特问我”你打算怎么做”
I had prepared a case, and old man White said to me “How did you do?”
我回答说” 我会尽全力去做好”
And I said “I did my best.”
然后他对我说
And he said…
“光尽力全力可拿不到钱 要赢了官司才有”
“You’re not paid to do your best.You’re paid to win.”
凭借这点我才能成立这间事务所
And that’s what pays for this office,
才能为那些可怜穷♥人♥全力工作
pays for the pro bone work that we do for the poor,
才能使你能从事法律行业
pays for the type of law that you want to practise.
才能让我喝上这威士忌
It pays for my whiskey.
让你穿上这身衣服
It pays for your clothes.
当然 才能让我们像今晚这样 放松的坐下来
It pays for the leisure we have to sit back
聊聊关于思想的话题
and discuss philosophy,as we’re doing tonight.
赢了这场官司我们才会有钱拿
We’re paid to win the case.
你离了婚 想回来继续当你的律师
You’ve finished your marriage. You wanted to come back and practise the law.
想重新回到我们这个世界
You wanted to come back to the world.
欢迎回来
Welcome back.
为什么莫琳 罗妮不作证呢
Why isn’t Maureen Rooney testifying?
嘿 你在听吗 还醒着吗
Hey! You with me? You awake?
– 是啊 我醒着呢 – 她在保护什么人
– Yeah, I’m awake. – She’s protecting somebody.
究竟她在保护谁呢
Who is she protecting?
医生们吧
Doctors?
如果是在保护他们的话 她就会出庭为他们作证
If she’s protecting the doctors, she’d be on the witness stand.
想想她说过的话
Read me what she said.
“你们这群家伙就是婊♥子♥ 根本不在乎会伤害谁”
“You guys are a bunch of whores.Loyalty. Don’t care who you hurt.”
– “你们都是虚情假意“ – 难道是为其中的一名护士吗
-“You guys got no loyalty.” – One of the nurses?
哪个 当时在手术室的其他人都作证啦
Who? Everybody who was in the operating room is testifying.
好吧 也许是个当时不在场的人呢
All right. Who wasn’t in the operating room?
责任护士吗
The admitting nurse?
– 她做什么的 – 她负责填写手术批准单
– What does she do? – She took down the history.
这有她的署名”K C” 叫凯特琳 科斯特洛
And she signed it here. “KC.” Kaitlin Costello.
– 手术批准单吗 – 是啊
– The history? – Yeah.
“你的年龄是多少 生过几次孩子”
“How old are you?How many children do you have?”
“你的年龄是多少 生过几次孩子 最后一次进食是什么时候”
“How old are you? How many children do you have? When did you last eat?”
噢 罗妮小姐
Oh, Miss Rooney. Uh…
我很明白您在做什么 我只想让您知道 这没关系
I understand what you’re doing,and I just wanted you to know that it’s OK.
– 你在说什么 – 嗯 我在说凯特琳 科斯特洛
– What are you talking about? – Well, about Kaitlin Costello.
我是说我不会责怪您对她保护
I mean, I don’t blame you for shielding her.
– 我今天和她谈过了 – 你究竟在说什么
– I spoke to her today. – What are you talking about?
– 今早我才跟她说好了.. – 是的 她都告诉我了
– I talked to her this morning, and… – I know. She told me.
– 她告诉你了么 – 我刚和她见过面
– She told you? – I just saw her.
在纽约吗 你去纽约见了凯特吗
In New York? You saw Kat in New York?
还是她回来了吗 她回城里来了吗
Or is she in town? Is she in town?
谢谢 打扰了
Thank you. I’m sorry.
好的 谢谢你
All right. Thank you.
从纽约护士协会查到什么没有
Don’t we have anything from the New York Nurse Association?
– 那儿没有她的记录 – 医院方面呢
– That broad has disappeared. – From the hospital?
自从她76年辞职后 就没有记录了
Well, there’s no records since she quit in ’76.
事发两星期后 她就辞职了
She quit two weeks after the incident.
– 谢谢你 – 弗兰克 我必须和你谈谈
– Thank you. – Frank I have to talk to you.
我现在没时间
I can’t talk now.
给美国医药协会打电♥话♥ 说你是某某医生 需要找一名护士
Call the AMA. Tell ’em you’re Dr Somebody and you need to find a nurse,
就说有人快要死了
get some forms, somebody’s dying.
是科斯特洛夫人吗 很抱歉这么晚打扰您 我是戈德堡先生的会计
Mrs Costello? I’m sorry to bother you this late, but this is Mr Goldberg in Accounting.
我们有笔钱要支付给您
We have some money here for you.
您是那位做过职业护士的科斯特洛夫人吗
Is this the Mrs Costello,the registered nurse?
我明白了 我很抱歉 一定是我们的记录搞错了
I see. Well, I’m sorry.Our records must be mixed up.
您是否跟凯特琳 科斯特洛有联♥系♥呢
Are you related to Kaitlin Costello?
– 没有么 好吧 谢谢您 – 我是波士顿的多切斯特医生
– You aren’t. All right, thank you. – This is Dr Dorchester in Boston.
听我说 我在找大约四年前从这离职的一名护士
Listen, a nurse left my employment about four years ago.
名字是凯特琳 科斯特洛
A Kaitlin Costello.
对的
That’s correct.
我是档案管理的多尔切斯特 我在寻找一个叫凯特琳 科斯特洛的人
This is Mr Dorchester in Records.I’m trying to track down a Kaitlin Costello.
– 劳拉 你有烟吗 – 是凯特琳 科斯特洛
– Laura? Laura, you got a cigarette? – Kaitlin Costello.
是的 好的
Yeah. That’s right.
她大约是四年前离开的 我们现在在找她
Well, she left about four years ago,and we’re looking for her chart.
凯特琳 凯特琳 科斯特洛
Kaitlin. Kaitlin Costello.
劳拉 别忘了给我带烟 好吗
Laura, don’t forget the cigarettes, huh?
你好 我是罗斯 威廉姆斯
Hello. This is Ross Williams calling.
是的 我是从加州打来的
Yes. I’m calling from California.
很抱歉 我知道在你们东部已经很晚了 可这是紧急情况
I’m sorry. I know it’s very late back East,but this is an emergency.
– 麻烦请凯特琳 科斯特洛听电♥话♥ – 这里没这个人
– I’d like to speak to Kaitlin Costello, please.- There’s nobody here by that name.
明白了
I see.
好吧 我想 一定是我们的记录搞错了
Well, our records must have been mixed up, I guess.
– 这是凯特琳.科斯特洛的家吗 – 知道现在几点了么
– Is this the family of Kaitlin Costello? – You know what time it is?
莫琳 罗妮
– 喂 – 你好
– Hello? – Hello.Uh…
这里是 专业护士季刊
I’m calling from, uh… from The Professional Nurse Quarterly.
– 杂♥志♥社吗 – 是的 我是订阅组的华♥莱♥士♥
– From the magazine? – Yes. This is Mr Wallace in Subscriptions.
您是 科斯特洛小姐吗
Uh… Is this, uh… Miss Costello?
– 是的 现在我姓普里斯 – 请原谅
– Yes… Price. – Pardon’?
现在是凯特林 普里斯
Kaitlin Price.
好的 我们发现您的订阅有效期已经过了
Yes. We find that your subscription has lapsed.
– 三年前我就停止订阅了 – 所以我们才给您打电♥话♥ 普里斯小姐
– It lapsed three years ago! – That’s why we’re calling, Miss Price.
是夫人
Mrs.
嗯 我们打算给您提供续订新优♥惠♥
Uh, we have a “renew your subscription” offer.
我的单位已经定过你们的杂♥志♥了
We get the magazine at work.
是的 我知道 我们档案里有 我看看 是曼哈顿卫生服务中心吗
Yes, I know. It’s in our files. Let me see,that’s the Manhattan Health Center.
不是的 是切尔西儿童保育院 好吗
No. At Chelsea Childcare, OK?
听我说 周一再打电♥话♥ 行吗 我上班要迟到了
Look, call me Monday, hey? I’m late for work.
东方航♥空♥ 九时飞往纽约拉瓜迪亚机场航♥班♥的旅客
Eastern Airlines 9am air-shuttle for La Guardia
请前往十号♥登机口登机
now ready for boarding at gate 10.
喂 弗兰克 弗兰克 你去哪了
Hello? Frank? Frank, where are you?
你去纽约了吗
You’re going to New York?
听我说 我也必须去纽约处理些事务
Listen, I have to be in New York about some business.
我正好去签我的离婚协议
I have some papers to sign about my divorce.
– 我们可以在那见面吗 – 劳拉 你买♥♥烟了吗
– Could we meet there? – Laura, you got a cigarette?
我们可以在纽碰个面吗 弗兰克
Could we meet in New York, Frank?
是啊
Yeah.
好 拉塞尔酒店 38街 对吗 好的
Yeah. The Russell Hotel.On 38th Street, isn’t it? Yeah.
好 大约四点钟
OK. At around four?
我有同样的感觉 弗兰克
I feel the same way, Frank.
是的 我知道了
Yeah, I know.
好的 咱们下午见
OK. I’ll see you this afternoon.
再见
Bye-bye.
呃 劳拉 我
Uh, Laura, I’m, uh…
我要出去买♥♥包烟
I’m gonna go out and get some cigarettes.
好了 好了 一个篮球
OK, OK, OK. One basketball.
一个足球 还有个篮球
One football, one more basketball,
杜安得到了个小球
and Duanie gets a little ball!
你用手做什么啦 过来 过来
What did you do with your hand? Come here.
你用小手都做什么了 看看这小手弄的
What did you do to your hand? What did you do?
嗨 让我看看小手
Hi. Let’s see this.
我在这呆了好一会了
I’ve been meaning to stop in here for a long time.
– 您住在附近吗 – 我来看我的侄子
– You live in the neighbourhood? – My nephew’s comin’ to visit.
– 他多大了 – 他四岁
– How old is he? – He’s four.
让我看看你怎么弄的
Let’s see what we’ve got here.
– 让我看看 – 不 别把它拿走
– Let’s see this. – No! Don’t take it off.
你和孩子们相处的很好
You’re great with these kids.
谢谢
Thank you.
不用 我是说 你做的真的很不错
No, I mean, you really are.
噢 你是 你就是他们说的 做过护士的那位
Oh, you’re the you’re the one they said was a nurse.
– 谁告诉你的 – 我记不清 是什么太太…
– Who told you that? – Uh, I don’t know. Mrs…
– 西蒙斯太太吗 – 对啊
– Mrs Simmons?- Yeah.
我以前是做过护士
I used to be a nurse.