all the way home just cos of stories in newspapers?
我要打赢这场官司
I’m gonna win this case.
约翰 给我来支雪茄
John, give me a cigar, huh?
– 今天星期几 – 星期二
– What day is it? – Tuesday.
我得去见格鲁伯
I gotta go and meet Gruber.
– 你这最好的雪茄是哪种 – 马卡努多雪茄
– What’s a box of your best cigars? – Macanudos.
我还在吉米的酒馆约了人 你能替我去见面吗 叫劳拉 菲舍尔
Then I gotta meet somebody at O’Rourke’s. Could you meet her for me? Laura Fischer.
– 33美元 – 记在我的账上
-33 bucks.- Put it on the tab.
– 那天晚上的女人吗 – 是的
– The one from the other night? – Yeah.
明天办公室见 我们会赢的
See you at the office tomorrow.We’re doin’ fine.
嘿 高尔文
Hey, Galvin!
你说过有了消息会打电♥话♥给我们
You said that you were gonna call me up.
– 但你瞒着我们没打 – 噢
– You didn’t call me up. – Oh.
行了 你以为你自己是谁
Well, who… who do you think you are?
你到底以为自己算老几
Who do you think you are, huh?
他们说我可以取消对你的委托 你知道你干了些什么吗
They tell me I can have you disbarred.Do you know what you did?
– 我在问你 知道不知道你干了什么 – 嘿 冷静点
– I said, do you know what you did?- Take it easy!
没事 没事
It’s OK. It’s OK.
你毁了我的生活 先生 我和我的妻子的生活
You ruined my life, mister. Me and my wife.
现在我也该让你尝尝这滋味
And now I’m gonna ruin yours.
你自己是不用去照顾那姑娘
You don’t have to go out there to see that girl.
我们可是已经苦苦支撑了四年
We’ve been going for four years now.
明白吗 整整四年 我妻子每晚哭着入睡
See, four years… my wife has been crying herself to sleep.
这就是他们对她妹妹所做的
What they did to her sister.
听着 我发誓 要不是有把握赢下这案子 我是不会拒绝那笔钱的
Look, I swear to ya, I wouldn’t turn down the offer if I thought I couldn’t win the case.
你什么意思 你究竟想要什么
What do you mean, what you thought?
我努力工作就是为了让我的妻子能摆脱这一切
I am a working man,trying to get my wife outta town.
我们现在雇你 还付钱给你
Now, we hired you, and I am paying you.
你却对我们隐瞒了 他们愿意赔偿20万美元的事实
And I gotta find out from the other side that they offered $200,000?
我们会赢这场官司的
I’m gonna win this.
我们有一位著名医生作为专家证人 会给陪审团一个有力的证据
I’m going to the jury with a solid case,I got a famous doctor for an expert witness.
知道你们会得到多少嘛 五倍甚至六倍还多
You’re gonna get, what,five, six times what you…
你们这些人
You guys…
你们这些家伙 全都是一丘之貉
You guys, you’re all the same.
那些医院里的医生 总是说 “我们这么做都是为你好”
The doctors at the hospital, you,it’s always “What I’m gonna do for ya.”
等你们把事情搞砸了 就来一句 呃
And then you screw up and it’s, uh,
“实在很遗憾 我们已经尽力了”
“We did the best that we could.I’m dreadfully sorry.”
而我们这样的人 却把后半生都花费在你们这群人的错误上
And people like us live with your mistakes the rest of our lives.
– 他们收回出价了 – 他们..
– They took back the offer.- They?
– 格鲁伯医生呢 – 格鲁伯医生今天没来 先生
– Uh, Dr Gruber. – Dr Gruber isn’t here today, sir.
– 我是说大卫 格鲁伯医生 – 嗯 他不当班
– No, David… David Gruber. – Well, he’s not on the chart.
一整天他都不在这儿
He hasn’t been here all day.
– 有电♥话♥薄吗 – 是啊 在这儿
– Phone book? – Yup. Right here.
大卫 格鲁伯医生
– 有什么事吗 – 格鲁伯医生在吗
– What is it? – Dr Gruber.
格鲁伯医生不在
Dr Gruber’s not in.
我们本来 约好今天在他办公室见面的
I had an… an appointment at his office.
我 我一定搞错见面地点了 我是说 我们定好了要见面的
Uh, I… I must have got it wrong.I mean, we had a meeting.
– 可他不在这 先生 – 你能给他打个电♥话♥吗
– He’s not in, sir. – Could you call him?
你联♥系♥不上他的 先生 他正在加勒比海某个小岛上度假呢
You can’t reach him, sir. He’s in the on some island in the Caribbean.
我们没有那的电♥话♥
They don’t have a phone.
他一个星期后回来
He’ll be back in a week.
您可以联♥系♥海夫林医生 他负责处理格鲁伯医生的事务
If you’d like Dr Halfrin’s number,he’s taking his calls.
感谢您能见我
Thank you for seeing me.
有什么事
What is it?

I..
这个案子我需要延期开庭
I need an extension on my case.
你应该接受他们提议的 尤其在你没作好准备的情况下
You should have taken their offer.Especially if you were unprepared.
– 我的一个证人不见了 – 这是常有的事
– I had a witness disappear on me. – That happens.
给我一周时间我可以找到他
I could subpoena him if I had a week.
我可没有一周时间来等你
I don’t have a week.
这个案子根本就不该闹到法庭上来
This case should never have come to trial.
这一点你比谁都清楚 “特立独行”先生
But you know better.You’re Mr Independent.
您不是想特立独行吗 现在你做到了
You wanna be independent? Be independent now.
我可不会同情你
I have no sympathy for you.
斯坦恩 哈灵顿
Stearns, Harrington.
– 听说过吗 – 很有名吗
– You know who they are? – Should I?
一家大律师事务所
Huge law firm.
是啊 他们聘用了他 后来他迎娶了老板的千金
OK, they put him in the firm,he marries the daughter,
养了条狗 前途一片光明
buys himself a dog, and everything is rosy.
一次 他们打算在一个案子里动点手脚
Then Stearns tries to fix a case.
– 斯坦恩授意的么 – 是啊 是弗兰克办理的案子
– Stearns did? – Yeah, that Frankie was workin’ on.
想必他们觉得他需要点帮助 就贿赂了一名陪审团成员
Figured he’d need a little help, so he bribed a juror.
当弗兰克知道真♥相♥后 他流着泪来找我
When Frankie heard about that,he came to me in tears.
这些伎俩出于 他心目中如圣徒般正直尊敬的人
He figured anyone who knew what a spinnaker was had to be a saint.
我和他说 “看在上帝的份上 弗兰克 醒醒吧 那些家伙都是些骗子”
I said “For Christ’s sakes, Frankie, wake up.These… these people are sharks.”
“你觉得 他们他妈的为什么能拿到那么多的钱 ”
“How the hell do you think they wound up with all that goddamn money?
“靠做善事吗”
Doing good?”
可他没有听从我的劝告
But he didn’t wanna listen to me.
他去了事务所对他们说出了真实想法
He goes back to the boys at Stearns and Harrington, and…
表达了对此的极度失望
he tells them that he’s very disappointed.
他准备去法官那里揭发他们的行为
He’s gonna go to the judge and rat them out.
当然了 他们抢先一步采取了行动
Course, they’re way ahead of him.Before he can get there,
当他到联邦执法官办公室 准备检举他们贿赂陪审员时
he runs into this federal marshal and is indicted for jury-tampering.
结果 自己为此被扔进监狱 即将吊销律师执照
They throw him in jail, and he’s gonna be disbarred.
这一辈子就算完了
His life is over.
– 这里是科德角外科事故理赔 – 请找阿利托先生
– Cape Cod Casualty.- Oh. Uh, Mr Alito,please.
– 我们已经下班了 先生 – 我一定得找到他 事情很急
– Business hours are over, sir. – I have to reach him. This is an emergency.
– 请告诉我他家的电♥话♥号♥码 – 我很抱歉 这是不允许的
– Please give me his home number. – Sorry, we’re not allowed.
什么 那好 你能不能 打给他 是的 请他给我回个电♥话♥呢
What? Well, could you, uh… could you call him, yes, and have him call me, then?
– 我不能保证他会给您回电 – 是的 好的 我明白 我明白
– I can’t guarantee that he’ll call you back.- Yes. Oh, no, I understand, I understand.
谢谢你 十分感谢 我叫弗兰克 高尔文
Thank you. Thank you.Uh, the name is Frank Galvin.
– 您能拼一下吗 – 好的 G-A-L-V-I-N 高尔文
– Could you spell that, please? – Yes. G-a-l-v-i-n.
就打这个号♥码 我会在这等半个小时
And I will be at the following number in about half an hour.
吉米 给我来杯啤酒 好么
Jimmy, give me a beer, will ya?
– 你也来一杯吗 – 好啊
– Want one? – Yeah.
来两杯吧
Two, huh?
好了 我们说到他被关进监狱里 后来他总算想通了
OK, so now he’s in jail and he finally gets to see the light.
他给哈灵顿打了电♥话♥ 承认他自己一时糊涂
He calls up Harrington and tells him that he thinks he made a big mistake.
就这样 我是说 就像变魔术一样
Like that, I mean, like… like magic.
所有的指控都撤消了 他也被放了出来
All charges are dropped,and he’s released from jail.
不过 他被从公♥司♥踢了出来
But he’s fired from the firm,
妻子也离开了他
his wife divorces him,
他开始了酗酒
he starts hittin’ the booze,
这三年多的时间里一直消沉闲荡
and he mopes around for about three and a half years.
你喜欢这个故事吗 劳拉
You like that story, Laura?
关于弗兰克你还想知道些什么呢
What else do you wanna know about Frankie?
你好
Hello?
哦 是啊 谢谢你打来电♥话♥
Oh, yeah. Thanks for calling.
我是弗兰克 高尔文 黛博拉 安 凯伊的代理律师
Frank Galvin. Uh…I’m representing Deborah Ann Kaye.
是这样 我想谈谈贵公♥司♥提供的那21万美元报价
Well, uh, I’d like to discuss your firm’s offer of that 210…
呃 是这样的 这么说吧
Uh, well, in the sense that, uh,
我们打算接受这笔钱
well, we’d like to accept it.

Uh-huh.
是啊 是啊 这也让我很惊讶 但这是我当事人的意愿
Yeah, well, it came as something of a shock to me too, but it is my client’s wishes and…
就在今晚她改变了主意 我当然想劝阻她
She changed her mind as of tonight and, uh, of course, I tried to dissuade her.
嗯 是啊
Uh-huh. Well…
嗯 的确在开庭前夕 对 你知道的
Uh-huh. On the eve of the trial, uh…Well, you understand.
我觉得她是从紧张不安中冷静了下来
I think she just came down with a terrible case of the jitters.

Uh-huh.
什么时候的事
When was that arrived at?
好吧 我知道康坎农说了些什么 但是 我认为你们这是犯了个大错误
Well, I know what Concannon said, but, uh…I think you guys are making a big mistake.
我觉得你应该重新考虑一下 应该把负责人们找来重新商量一下
I think you oughta reconsider, I think you oughta get the principals back together.
好吧
OK.
不 不 我明白
No, no. I understand.
那好 就这样吧 很抱歉这么晚还打扰你
No, that’s fine. I’m really sorry to bother you at home.
出了什么事 你没跟格鲁伯谈吗
What happened? You didn’t talk to Gruber?

oh
他被康坎农收买♥♥了
Concannon got to him.
我现在喘不上气来
I can’t even breathe in here.
我们没时间了 赶紧看看这上面谁能代替格鲁伯
We’re outta time. See if there’s somebody on this list to replace Gruber.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!