还在找
Still looking.
我今天对生活做了重大改变 你今天过得怎么样
I changed my life today.What did you do?
改变了酒店里的房♥间
Changed my room at the hotel.
为什么
Why’d you do that?
电视坏了
TV didn’t work.
你住哪间酒店
What hotel are you staying at?
你是什么人 警♥察♥么
And what are you? A cop?
不 我是律师
No. I’m a lawyer.
– 我前夫也是个律师 – 不错 很令人羡慕
– My ex-husband was a lawyer.- Nice. Wonderful for you.
是啊
Mm-hm.
老实说 的确令人羡慕
Yes, it was, actually.
难道不是吗 那你为什么要离开他
“It was, actually”?Well, how come you called it off?
谁告诉你是我离开他了
Who says I’m the one that called it off?

Aw!
找公♥寓♥说明是你主动离开了他 我可以替你向法官求情
Well, a brick house says you divorced him.I’ll put you on your honour.
赌100块你会和我共进晚餐 我会为你出庭的
100 bucks against you have dinner with me tonight. I’ll take your word for it.
来吧 告诉我实情
Come on. Tell me the truth.
不要骗我
You can’t lie to me.
你叫什么
What’s your name?
劳拉
Laura.
我叫弗兰克
Mine’s Frank.
此外 你今晚来这儿就是为了见我吧
Furthermore, you came back to see me tonight.
如果我今晚来这儿不是为了你呢
What if it wasn’t you I came back here to see tonight?
好吧 那你很走运
Well, you got lucky.
吃过晚餐了吗 来吧
Have you eaten yet? Come on.
天啊 你真是个美丽的女人
My God, you are some beautiful woman
弱者
The weak.
弱者需要有人站出来 为他们得到公正而战
The weak have gotta havesomebody to fight for ’em.
这难道不是真理吗
Ain’t that the truth?
– 再来一杯吗 – 好啊
– Want another drink? – Yeah.
– 吉米 – 来了
– Jimmy! – Yeah?
如果不能给予人们公正 法庭也将不复存在
That’s why the court exists.The court doesn’t exist to give them justice.
它存在于 人们能够得到公正裁决的机会
The court exists to give them a chance at justice.
他们得的到吗
Are they gonna get it?
可能会
They might.
也许会
They might.
你瞧 陪审团想去做到 我是说 他们愿意去做到这点
See, the jury wants to believe. I mean, the jury wants to believe.
这是人之常情
It is something to see.
我明天就要去法庭 挑选出12名陪审团成员
I gotta go down there tomorrow and pick out 12 of ’em.
这些人的一生中 意识里都认为这是虚伪说教 你不可能和强权对抗
All of ’em, all their lives, think it’s a sham, it’s rigged, you can’t fight city hall.
但当这些普普通通的人进了陪审席后
But when they step into that jury box,
你就会从他们的眼睛里隐约看到些什么
I think you just barely see it in their eyes.
“也许”
“Maybe.”
“也许”
“Maybe.”
也许什么
Maybe what?
“也许我能做正确的事”
“Maybe I can do something right.”
这就是你打算去做的事吗
And… is that what you’re going to do?
这也是为什么你想这样去做的吗
Is… is that what you’re going to do?
这是我要试着去做的
That’s what I’m gonna try to do.
– 要喝一杯吗 – 好啊
– Would you like a drink? – Yeah.
– 加水还是苏打 – 不加
– Water? Soda? – No.
没关系
That’s all right.
呀 哈
Ya-ha!
打败你了
Beat you, you!
– 看到了吗 – 是啊
– Is that right? -Yeah.
噢 天啊
Oh, my God.
– 有一晚在俱乐部我见过他 – 可怜的家伙
– I met him at the club the other night. – Poor guy.
– 高尔文先生 你迟到了 – 是的 我很抱歉
– You’re late, Mr Galvin. – I know. I’m sorry.
– 什么原因呢 – 那个 路上塞车了
– Why is that? – I, uh… Well, I just got held up.
– 埃德 康坎农 – 噢 你好
– Ed Concannon. – Oh, hi.
弗兰克 高尔文 我们以前见过面
Frank Galvin. We’ve met before.
好吧 过来坐 我们来谈谈这个案子
Well… here. Let’s do some business.
据我所知 此案双方就具体如何和解
They tell me no bargain ever was completed other than quickly,
还没有达成一致
when both parties really care to make a deal.
伙计们是否有诚意解决这个难题呢
Have you boys tried to resolve your difficulties?
因为这样 无疑会节省联邦政♥府♥的许多时间 避免很多麻烦
Because that certainly would save the Commonwealth a lot of time and bother.
当然 这的确是件很复杂的案子 法官大人
Well, it’s a very complicated case,Your Honour.
是的 弗兰克 的确如此 不过 让我来告诉你
Oh, yeah, I’m sure it is, Frank.But, uh, let me tell you something.
如果我们都觉得很复杂 你认为又怎么能让那些陪审团理解呢
If we find it so complex, how the hell do you think you’ll make a jury understand it?
明白我的意思吗
You see my point?
现在 咱们好好谈谈吧
Now, um… let’s talk a minute.
弗兰克 你和你的当事人为什么不 就现在从这走出去
Frank, what would you and your client take now, this very minute,
让这该死的案子一笔钩销呢
to walk out of here and let this damn thing drop?
我的当事人没法走路了 法官大人
My client can’t walk, Your Honour.
我很清楚这点 弗兰克
I know full well she can’t, Frank.
我就是那个看见迷途羔羊 即将误入歧途给予指引的牧师 你懂吗
You see the padre on your way out.He’ll punch your ticket. You follow me?
– 我只是想帮你 – 法官大人
– I’m just trying to help you.- Your Honour,
布罗菲主教以及大主教管区愿意为原告提供21万美元
Bishop Brophy and the archdiocese have offered the plaintiff $210,000.
什么
What?
我的代理人其实是不想庭外和解的 他们希望在法庭上被还以清白
My doctors didn’t want a settlement.They wanted this cleared up in court.
他们希望为自己平♥反♥ 我当然也赞成
They want their vindication.I agree with them.
但到目前为止 在公开庭审之前
But for today the offer stands,
出价的提议还是有效的
before the publicity of a trial begins.
可是 只要今天我的脚一踏出这道门坎 这些钱就告吹了
For today only. But when I walk out that door, the offer is withdrawn.
这一点你应该明白 高尔文先生
Just so long as you understand that, Mr Galvin.
案子就得审理解决
Got to be that way.
我们还是庭上见面吧
We’re going to try the case.
真的要这样吗
That’s it?
噢 得了 伙计们
Oh, come on, guys.
人生苦短啊
Life is too short.
好了 告诉我 你是开玩笑还是说真的
Now, you tell me if you’re playing chicken or you really mean it.
弗兰克 我不认为我是在说教
Frank, I don’t think I’m talking out of school,
我可是亲耳听到 有人给你开价20万美元
but I just heard someone offer you 200 grand.
这可是一大笔钱
Now that’s a lot of money.
可以这样说 你还从来遇到过这么高的出价
And if I may say,you haven’t got the best of records.
情况变了
Things change.
那倒不假
That’s true.
有些事变了 可有些事没有
Sometimes they change,and sometimes they don’t.
– 我记得当初 你被取消了律师资格… – 没那回事 他们放弃了指控
– I remember when you were disbarred…- I wasn’t. They dropped the charges.
在我看来 一个小伙子想要重整旗鼓 他就该接受这提议
It seems to me, a fella’s trying to come back, he’d take this settlement.
给自己一个新的开始
Get a record for himself.
换做是我 我会接受它 然后溜之大吉
I myself would take it and run like a thief.
我相信你会的
I’m sure you would.
好吧
Yeah.
那好 你们知道开庭日期
Well, we have the date set.
下个星期四
Next Thursday.
就这样吧
Good.
到时 咱们法庭上见
Well… see you boys in court.
全体起立
All rise.
傻瓜 傻瓜 傻瓜 真是个傻瓜
Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.
麻萨诸塞州联邦政♥府♥ 萨福克郡高等法♥院♥ 审核陪审团成员名单
– 亚伯拉罕先生 – 是艾布拉姆斯
– Mr Abraham? – Abrams.
– 艾布拉姆斯先生 你好吗 – 我很好
– Mr Abrams, how are you?- I’m fine.

Uh…
您是否曾经在圣凯瑟琳教工医院住过院呢
Have you ever been a patient in St Catherine Labour Hospital?
我吗 我是犹太人啊
Me? I’m Jewish.
– 那您是否曾经住过院呢 – 是的
– Have you ever been a patient in a hospital?- Yes.
好的 那他们对你怎么样
Well, how did they treat you?
我不太明白你的意思
I don’t know what you mean.
很难熬哈
Been a long time, huh?
我会恢复状态的 别担心
I’ll get it back. Don’t worry about me.
– 你去找过那个产科护士了吗 – 那个莫琳 罗妮么
– Did you get the obstetric nurse? – Maureen Rooney?
我去过医院了 她不想跟我谈
I went over to the hospital.She didn’t wanna talk to me.
今晚回家前我会再去找她的 看看这个
When I get home tonight, I’ll go back.Here. Read this.
– 这又怎么样 – 怎么样 好戏开始了
– So what? -“So what”? The best is yet to come.
看下电视指南 他们让我们的托勒医生上了这星期五的GBH
Check the TV guide. They got our Dr Towler on GBH this Friday.
– 夸他妙手仁心 是个权威专家 – 还不是一样要上法庭
– The Healing Hand. The expert speaks. – Still gotta take it to a jury.
– 我的意思是 他们已经开始借助媒体舆♥论♥了 – 那我能怎么办
– All I’m sayin’ is, they’re getting some help.- What do you want me to do?
康坎农用他的方式 我要用我自己的
Concannon’s gonna try the case his way, I’m gonna try it my way.
难道让我在大街上喊 “号♥外 号♥外”么
You want me to go “wee wee wee”
在报纸上胡编点故事就想让我卷铺盖回家吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!