You bailed me out?
是你保我出来的?
Well, what do you want?
那么 你想要什么?
I’d like to…
我想…
ask you some questions.
问你几个问题
Are you hungry?
饿了吗?
There’s a diner just down the road and if…
这条路下去有一家餐厅 然后要是…
if you’re hungry, I’d like to buy you a meal.
如果你饿了 我可以给你买♥♥些吃的
Look, man. You wanna take me out on a date or something?
听着 伙计 你想带我出去约会什么的?
That’s cool. I’m easy.
那挺好 我就从了你
You’re just gonna have to get my dog out too,
你还得把我的狗也弄出来
otherwise I’m not going anywhere.
否则 我哪儿也不去
I’ve already taken care of that.
这个我已经办好了
Okay, let’s eat.
好吧 我们去吃点东西
Hmm.

Mr. Hall, I’ve been searching for you for the better half of a year.
豪尔先生 我找你已经有大半年了
I’m a big fan.
我可是你的超级粉丝
I’ve studied both of your novels,
我拜读了你的两部大作
Suburban Tragedy and State of Execution, and I…
《郊区悲剧》和《行刑之州》 而且我…
I find them to be extraordinary forms of map work.
我发现他们是一种特别形式的地图工作
Map work, huh?
地图工作 呃?
You’re a psycho fan, aren’t you?
你这个粉丝怕是精神有点异常吧 不是吗?
No. No. Well, I mean, maybe a little.
不 不是 好吧 我的意思是 也许是有一点
Life isn’t very interesting if we’re not a bit psychotic.
人生已经很艰难了 如果我们再没点精神病的话 岂不是很无趣
Look…
听着…
I’m not a writer anymore.
我不再是一个作家了
You understand what I’m saying? I don’t have any money.
你懂我的意思吗?我一点钱也没有
I, uh… there’s nothing I can give you.
我 呃… 我给不了你任何东西
That’s not what interests me.
那都不是我感兴趣的
I’ve come here with the intention of presenting you with a deal.
我来这儿是想提供给你一笔交易
In return for me posting your bail,
作为我保你出来的回报
I would like to ask you a favor.
我想请你帮个忙
However, I need you to say yes to this favor
不过 我想先听到肯定的回答
before I actually tell you exactly what it is.
再告诉你 实际上我究竟想让你帮什么忙
No. No way. You have to tell me what it is first.
不 不可能 你得先告诉我要帮什么忙
You’re not really in a position to bargain, Mr. Hall.
你这可真不是讨价还价的态度 豪尔先生
Your propensity for starting fires in public places has you at a disadvantage.
你喜欢在公共场合纵火的癖好 已经让你处于不利的境地
But don’t worry, what I ask you, it will not take long.
不过别担心 我想问你的 不会耽误你太多时间
Oh, great, now why’d you have to go and say that…
哦 好极了 那么为什么你非得说…
First it was a favor, and now it’s a time-consuming favor.
首先这是一个帮忙的请求 现在变成了一个花时间的帮忙请求
There’s nothing to be afraid of, it may even be therapeutic.
没什么可担心的 它甚至可能是有疗效的
Therapeutic?
有疗效的?
Do you have any idea what kind of fucked up things I’m imagining right now?
你知道 此刻我正在想象什么操蛋的事情吗?
Then I suggest you say yes. Yes! Sure! Jesus Christ.
那么我建议你先答应 我答应!当然!老天爷
Tell me what it is before I have a heart attack already.
告诉我是什么 在我已经要心脏病发作之前
I want to write a book about you.
我想写一本关于你的书
Say again?
再说一遍?
I want to write your biography. Your life.
我想写一本你的传记 你的一生
You want to write a book about me?
你想写一本关于我的书?
I’d like to write a book about you. Absolutely not. No, no, no.
我想写一本关于你的书 绝对不行 不 不 不行
Yes. Yes. Yes. Have you ever written anything before?
行 行 行 你之前写过任何东西吗?
I know what you’ve written. I happen to think you’re one of the best writers of our time.
我知道你写过什么 我正好想到你是我们这个时代最优秀的作家之一
Don’t get ahead of yourself, I’m not… that would be Francis Bishop.
别再说下去了 我不是… 那个人应该是弗朗西斯·毕晓普
Have you ever read Francis Bishop? Won the Pulitzer the year I was nominated.
你读过弗朗西斯·毕晓普吗?赢得过普利策奖 那年我也被提名了
Maybe he didn’t deserve it.
也许他不配拿这个奖
No, he, uh… he deserved it all right.
不 他 呃… 他完全配得上这个奖
His follow-up book was proof enough of that.
他的后续著作已经充分证明了这一点
My follow-up was self-indulgent and pretentious
我的后序作品则是自我放纵和自命不凡的
so if you want to write about the greatest writer of our time,
所以 如果你想写我们这个时代最伟大的一位作家
I suggest you write about Francis Bishop.
我建议你写弗朗西斯·毕晓普
No, I’m no good at autobiographies…
不 我不擅长写自传…
Look, I don’t know what to tell you then.
听着 我不知道还能跟你怎么说
You’re Francis Bishop?
你就是弗朗西斯·毕晓普?
Nah. The badge you flashed me.
不会 你给我亮过你的证章
The badge.
那个证章
To tell you the truth, I got this at a dollar store
实话告诉你 这个是我在一美元店搞到的
and it must be a good replica because I’ve never had a single person
然后它一定是一个出色的仿制品 因为我从来没有碰到过任何一个人
ask me a question about it.
问过我关于它的问题
A dollar store? You mean like Just-a-Buck?
一美元店?你说的就象那种“只要一美元”店?
Just-a-Buck.
只要一美元
Hold on… do you mind if I see this? No, please.
且慢… 你介意我在看一眼吗? 不介意 请便
Oh, my God. This is not real.
哦 天呐 这不是真货
This is fake. You’re not fucking lying.
这是假的 你特么没在说谎
No.
确实没有
How many people have you shown that to?
你给多少人亮过这个?
Just about everyone from here to New York City.
差不多从这儿到纽约市的每个人
Wait. Wait, you impersonated an officer of the law.
等等 等一下 你冒充执法官员
You know that’s illegal, right?
你知道这是违法的 是吧?
I showed that to real police, they didn’t even flinch.
我给真警♥察♥也看过这个 他们甚至也没有犹豫
You’re crazy. I thought I was fuckin’ nuts. You’re fuckin’ crazy.
你真是疯了 我以为我特么是疯子 你才是特么疯了
I always wanted to get into investigative journalism,
我之前一直想进入调查报道的新闻媒体
I never really did, but I went full out on this.
但从未如愿 但是在这件事情上我是竭尽全力了
And/or it could have something to do with a mid-life crisis,
以及/或者这可能跟中年危机有关
I’m not sure which.
我不能确定是哪一个
However, nonetheless, here I am.
然而 尽管如此 我在这儿了
Wow.
哇哦
You have a family? A son.
你有家庭吗? 有一个儿子
Very handsome son.
很帅的男孩
What are you doing here?
你在这儿做什么?
Visiting my wife.
来看我的妻子
Well, she’s busy.
好吧 她很忙
What is that?
那是什么?
You found it?
你找到它了?
I bought it.
我买♥♥下它了
For you.
为你
And we can go there whenever you want.
然后我们可以去那儿 任何时候只要你愿意
We can go there right now.
我们可以现在就去
It’s yours.
它是你的了
You wanna go there right now?
你想现在就去吗?
I can’t do that. Why?
我做不到 为什么?
Because we’re not kids anymore, Sidney.
因为我们不再是孩子了 西德尼
What about…
那么…
I can’t just get in a car and go off forever.
我们没法跳上一辆车 从此远走他乡
What about being spontaneous. Going west?
何不随性而为 去西部?
Remember we used to talk about that?
还记得我们曾经讨论过这个话题吗?
New beginnings.
新的开始
I have a career.
我有职业
You’re a photographer. You can shoot from anywhere.
你是摄影师 你可以在任何地方拍摄
I can write from anywhere. Sidney…
我也可以在任何地方写作 西德尼…
Don’t do that, please, if you don’t want to go west,
别这样 求你 如果你不想去西部
we don’t need to go west, we can go north, south, east, Europe, Asia.
我们就不必去西部 我们去北方 南方 东部 欧洲 亚洲
Wherever you want. I just want to be with you.
任何地方只要你想去 我只想和你在一起
I’m pregnant.
我怀孕了
It’s yours.
是你的孩子
So no.
所以 不行
I can’t just go west.
我没法就这么去西部
I don’t get to be spontaneous anymore.
我不再能随心随欲了
Do you even care?
你真的在乎吗?
Of course I care. Don’t… don’t do that. Please. Please.
我当然在乎 别… 别那样 求你 求你了
Because if you care, things need to change.
因为如果你在乎 那么需要做一些改变
I will change everything. I’ll change anything you want.
我会改变一切 我会做一切你想要的改变
Are you cheating on me?
你出轨了吗?
No.
没有
This is your only chance… I’m not cheating on you.
这是你唯一的一次机会… 我没有出轨
This is the only time to tell me. I’m not cheating on you.
这是你仅有的机会向我坦白 我没有出轨
I get it, we haven’t been together. I’m not…
了解了 因为我们已经没在一起了 我没有…
This is your one get-out-of-jail-free card.
这是你的一张免除牢狱之灾卡
I’m not… Listen, I’m done.
我没有… 听着 我结束了
I’m done with that. I promise.
我跟那些都已经了断了 我保证
You’re my best friend. I miss you so much.
你是我最好的朋友 我很想你
Please. Just give us a chance.
求你 就再给我们一次机会

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!