I found this thing the other day, in a magazine.
那天我在杂♥志♥上 看到了这个
Here, I tore it out.
在这儿 我撕下来了
It’s really cool, though. Don’t you think?
还是很酷的 你不觉得吗?
Yeah. It’s in the middle of nowhere.
是的 在一个名不见经传的地方
The sky is, like, really blue. It’s not all polluted.
天空 像是 非常蓝 并不是全都污染了
Where is it?
它在哪?
I don’t know. It’s somewhere in the Western Hemisphere.
我不知道 在西半球的某个地方吧
Oh, that narrows it down.
哦 算是把范围缩窄了
No, but really, seriously, we’re gonna go here one day.
不 不过确实 说真的 我们有一天会去这里
When we’re old. Like, 30.
当我们老了 譬如说 30岁的时候
And it’ll be on this date.
就在今天这一天
What’s today?
今天是几号♥?
May…
五月…
May 25th. …25th
五月二十五日 …二十五日
Okay, okay, so on May 25th… Mmmhmm.
好的 好的 那么就在五月二十五日… 嗯哼
…when we’re 30 years old,
…我们三十岁的那天
we’ll go to this house.
我们会去到这个房♥子
And sleep on the lay of the land until the sun rises.
然后就睡在大地之上 直到太阳升起
And we’ll bathe in desert hot springs
然后我们会在沙漠的温泉中沐浴
before a tortoise attacks us.
在某只陆龟攻击我们之前
What if we’re not together anymore.
如果我们不再在一起了
We’ll be together. I mean, of course, we’re going to be together.
我们会在一起 我的意思是 当然 我们会在一起的
It doesn’t matter. Even if we’re not together anymore.
那也没关系 即使我们不再在一起了
Even if we have different families.
即使我们组织了各自的家庭
Other lives.
过上了不同的生活
We just have this one night together.
那一晚我们还是在一起的
It’s our night.
它是属于我们的夜晚
And what happens in the desert stays in the desert.
沙漠中发生的一切会留在沙漠中
But we still don’t know where it is.
但是我们还是不知道它在哪儿
That’s just a small detail.
那只是一些小细节
Anyways, it’s all about beginnings.
不管怎么说 万事开头难
You already have a beginning.
你已经有了一个开头
Yeah? What’s that?
是吗?是什么?
Well, you want to write a novel, don’t you?
好吧 你想写本小说 是吧?
Yeah.
是的
Well, how about this?
好的 这个怎么样?
A high-profile judge’s son kills himself in front of the fam.
一名高级法官的儿子在家人眼前自杀了
And you might have been one of the last people to see him alive.
而且 你可能是他临死前见过的最后几个人之一
If that’s not a beginning to a great book,
如果这不能成为一本好书的开头
I don’t know what is.
我不知道什么才是
No.

Stay.
待着
Oh, shit.
哦 糟了
Oh, shit. Come on.
哦 糟了 来吧
Sir. Yeah, we’re good.
先生 是的 我们没事
Sir. Thank you. I’m good.
先生 谢谢 我没事
Sir, I need you to stay right there.
先生 我要你待在那儿别动
Yeah.
好了
I got it.
我抓住它了
Step back to the car for me.
给我走回车子那边去
Is there any way I can get a lift somewhere?
有什么办法可以载我一程去某地吗?
Sir, we’re not a taxi. We’re arresting you.
先生 我们不是的士 我们要逮捕你
Open container.
把柜子打开
I was just laying down there, that’s not even mine.
我刚才只是躺在那儿 那个不是我的
Ow!
哎!
It’s all right, Homer.
没事的 荷马
What are you going to do with my dog?
你们准备怎么对待我的狗?
Animal control is going to take care of him.
动物管制部门会照料他
Please don’t hurt my dog.
请不要伤害我的狗
Please. Step on in. Watch your head.
拜托 上车 当心别撞头
Please don’t… Ow! Please don’t hurt my dog.
请别… 噢!请别伤害我的狗
Roger that, were bringing him around now.
收到 现在正带他过来
Haven’t seen this one before. His name is Brett Newport.
之前还没有见到这个人 他的名字是布瑞特·纽波特
It’s a New York ID. 953383406.
那是纽约的身份证 证件号♥953383406
That’s Brett Newport. 953383406.
那是布瑞特·纽波特 953383406
Good evening, ma’am.
晚上好 夫人
My name is Duane Jones. I teach English at the high school.
我叫杜安·琼斯 我在这家高中教英语
Something wrong?
出什么事了吗?
Oh, no. No, no.
不 不 没有 没有
Um, not at all. As a matter of fact, Sidney’s one of our brightest students.
呃 完全不是 实际上 西德尼是我最聪明的学生之一
I was wondering if I could speak with him.
我在想我是否能跟他聊几句
Make it quick. He’s grounded.
别聊太久 他正关禁闭呢
Well, I’m not getting any younger.
我承认 我已经不再年轻
I almost got in an accident on Route 9 because my mind was so scattered.
我差点在9号♥公路上出了车祸 因为我的思绪完全四分五乱
And I was…
然后我是在…
I was thinking about you and all the trouble you get me in.
我当时在想你的问题 和所有你带给我的困扰
I hope you appreciate it.
我希望你能有所体会
Why didn’t you tell me you started writing a book?
为什么你之前没有告诉我 你已经着手在写一本书?
Oh, I don’t know.
哦 我不知道
It’s just something I was working on.
我只不过在做一些事
I thought I’d ask you…
我想我会请你…
I was curious about your… your thoughts on it.
我只是很好奇 你… 你会对它有什么评价
Well, I’ve read what you have this far.
好吧 我已经读了这么多你的文字
And I thought it was…
然后 我认为它…
manipulative.
很抓人
It manipulated me through the first chapter.
它操纵着我读完第一章
It forced me through the second.
又迫使我读完第二章
It dared me to reach the third.
它挑唆我去翻开第三章
It was honest.
它很真诚坦率
Personal. Valid.
是亲历亲为的 而且有根有据
I loved it.
我很喜欢
I wanna know what happens next.
我想知道故事接下来会发生什么
You do? Yeah.
你肯定吗? 是的
Of course, your choice of subject matter is… It’s a bit controversial.
当然 你选择的主题是… 有些争议性的
And as brilliant as the pages are right now,
已经写完的这些文字确实是精彩至极
you’re gonna get some heavy criticism for it down the road.
接下来 你会得到一些对这篇小说重量级的评论
Down the road? What do you mean?
接下来?这是什么意思?
Uh…
呃…
I took it upon myself to send your pages out…
我自作主张把你的书稿寄给了…
to some friends of mine who are in the publishing business.
我的几位在出版界工作的朋友
Um, but did anyone respond?
呃 有人响应吗?
Yes.
是的
Uh, who?
呃 谁?
Porter House.
波特·豪斯
Porter House?
波特·豪斯?
Mmm-hmm.
嗯哼
What did they say?
他们怎么说?
They said it was strong.
他们说这篇很厉害
They want to meet with you as soon as possible.
他们想尽快和你见面
There could be money involved.
可能会涉及到钱
Really? Yeah, now, uh, in these situations…
真的吗? 是的 那么 呃 在这种情况下…
a professional writer would call upon someone to, uh,
一位专业作家可能会请人做 呃
hold meetings, negotiate and things like that.
召集♥会♥议 谈判 诸如此类的事情
And seeing as how you’re inexperienced in those… those sorta things, um…
因为注意到你对那些… 那类的事情缺乏经验 呃…
I was just wondering if…
我在想是否…
just wondering if, uh…
只是在想是否 呃…
You wanna be my agent?
你想做我的经纪人?
Yes.
是的
Uh…
呃…
If you’d have me… Please, please, yes.
如果你有我… 好的 好的 肯定
Of course. That’s great.
当然 那太好了
This is great.
太棒了
Blowing my mind. I don’t know what to say right now.
信息量太大 我现在都不知道说什么好了
We’ll meet with them tomorrow at 1:00.
我们将在明天下午一点和他们会面
1:00 o’clock? What about class?
一点钟?那上课怎么办?
Fuck it.
去他妈的
Brett Newport.
布瑞特·纽波特
Newport.
纽波特
You posted bail.
你被保释了
Mr. Hall?
豪尔先生?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!