I’m confused about a boy who writes the most beautiful stories
让我困惑的是 有一个男孩子写出了最动人的故事
in his school newspaper.
发表在他的校报上
I read each one carefully and paste it in my journal when I’m done.
我仔细地读了每一篇 读完后再把它黏贴在我的日记本上
And then I think about approaching him.
然后我在考虑接近他
But quickly realize that I’m not very good at being social.
但很快我意识到我并不是很擅长社交
And he’s clearly not good at being social.
显然 他也不擅长
I guess I’d tell him that he’s the most talented person I’ve never met…
估计我会告诉他 他是我从未见过的最有天份的人…
But I have met him.
不过我确实见过他
Maybe that was a dream.
也许那只是一个梦
Love, Melody.
问候 蔓丽迪
I don’t think anyone named Melody goes to this school.
我不认为我们学校有叫蔓丽迪的人
You know, Melody might not even be her real name.
你知道 蔓丽迪可能不是她的真名
Do you recognize the handwriting at all?
你认得这个笔迹吗?
No, but it’s nice. It’s very elegant.
不认得 不过这手字很漂亮 很优雅
I should only be so lucky with my students.
如果有这样的学生 我真是太幸运了
What do you think?
你怎么想?
I mean, what should I do? Who is she?
我的意思是 我该做什么?她是谁?
Maybe you already met… Have you met anyone recently?
可能你已经见过… 你最近有遇见过谁吗?
Not really, I mean…
没有 我的意思是…
I have to find her, though.
我还是得找到她
Oh, I have a great idea.
哦 我有一个好主意
So you walk up to every girl that crosses your path,
你走向每个经过你身旁的女孩
both inside and outside of class…
不管是在课堂内 还是在课堂外…
Yeah? And you shout…
怎么? 然后你高喊…
“Melody!”
“蔓丽迪!”
“Melody!”
“蔓丽迪!”
See what happens.
看看会发生什么
That’s it? That’s… your advice?
就这个?这就是… 你的建议?
Yup.
没错
Seriously?
真的吗?
Melody?
蔓丽迪?
Melody?
蔓丽迪?
Hey, Melody?
嗨 蔓丽迪?
Melody?
蔓丽迪?
Melody.
蔓丽迪
Melody.
蔓丽迪
Uh, Melody? Melody? Melody?
呃 蔓丽迪?蔓丽迪?蔓丽迪?
Uh, Mel…
呃 曼…
Melody? Melody? Melody? Melody?
蔓丽迪?蔓丽迪?蔓丽迪?蔓丽迪?
Uh, excuse me.
呃 打扰了
Pardon the announcement. Um…
请原谅以下的通知 呃…
but would anyone named Melody
有名叫蔓丽迪的同学
please report to the front office.
麻烦前来管理处报到
I repeat, anyone named Melody,
重复一遍 有叫蔓丽迪的同学
uh, please report to the front office immediately.
呃 请立刻前往管理处报到
This is an urgent matter.
这是一项紧急通知
Um…
呃…
Anybody who writes under the pseudonym, Melody, just…
任何以笔名蔓丽迪署名的人 请…
just come to the front…
请前往管理…
Get outta here, you savages. Go eat some hors d’oeuvres.
从这儿出去 你们这些没教养的 去吃些开胃菜
Feed on the blood of the young, whatever it is you do.
补充些新鲜血液 别管是什么 先填填肚子
Here, all the greats drink whiskey. It’s a fact.
好了 所有的名流都喝威士忌 这是事实
How soon before I can go?
还要多久我才能走?
Do you believe this?
信不信?
也因其戏剧化的人生经历和英年早逝而成为英美文学界长久的话题;1982其诗集被追授普利策奖
西尔维娅·普拉斯(1932~1963),美国诗人与女作家,因其富有创造力的诗篇而留名于世,
It’s like throwing a party for Sylvia Plath.
这就像是为西尔维娅·普拉斯举办的派对
Come on, I have to talk to you about something.
来吧 我得跟你说几句话
The Big P.
那个重要的普利策奖
I need you to be encouraged by it.
我希望你因此受到鼓舞
I want you to embrace it.
我希望你能欣然接受
It means a lot to a lot of people.
对很多人来说 它意味着很多
Not least of which, should be you.
其中 尤其是你
You deserve it. Yeah, and what about Bishop?
你配得上这个奖 好吧 那毕晓普呢?
He’s a hack.
他不过是个二流文人
Guy writes six mediocre books.
此君写了六本平庸之作
All of a sudden, he comes up with one that people actually buy. It’s bullshit.
然后突然之间 他搞出一本人们居然愿意为之掏钱的书 真是扯蛋
You need to get your head straight.
你需要保持冷静
Take a vacation.
休个假
Finish your second novel.
写完你的第二本小说
Get inspired.
鼓励自己
It’s hard, I’m telling you. It’s hard to get inspired.
这很难 我不得不说 很难鼓励自己
You want inspiration? I’ll give you inspiration.
你需要鼓励吗?我给你鼓励
Ladies and gentlemen… No, don’t…
女士们先生们… 不 别这样…
…your attention, please.
…听一下 有请
Mr. Sidney Hall is a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize.
西德尼·豪尔先生已经入围普利策奖的最终评选
Give it up for Mr. Sidney Hall.
让我们为西德尼·豪尔先生喝彩
You had to do that, huh?
你一定要这么做吗 呃?
You just had to do… That wasn’t so bad, was it?
你一定要… 这也没那么糟糕 不是吗?
Listen, Sidney. Whether you believe it or not, I’m on your side.
听着 西德尼 不管你信不信 我总是站在你这一边
I understand what you’re going through.
我理解你正在经历一些困境
I’ve had three of the ugliest divorces in American history
我自己也经历了美国历史上最不堪的三次离婚
and I survived them all.
然后我挺过来了
They’re like enemas.
这经历就象灌肠
They’re uncomfortable and invasive, but the next day you feel like a new man.
非常难受 感觉受到侵犯 但是第二天你就会感觉焕然一新
You need to find yourself a muse.
你需要找到你的灵感之源
Loosen up, you know what I mean?
放轻松 你明白我的意思?
I’ll round back to you in a bit.
我兜一圈 很快就回来
Don’t leave. I want you to meet my daughter.
别走开 我希望你见见我的女儿
Hey, hey. Excuse me. Yeah, um…
嗨 嗨 打扰一下 是的 呃…
Could you… could you send this drink,
你能… 你能把这杯酒
while you’re there, could you send it over to that girl right there?
趁你刚好过去 你能把它递给那边的那个女孩子吗?
Black hair.
黑头发那位
Thank you.
谢谢
This is for you from the gentleman in the corner.
这是转角处那位先生让我递给您的
Right there.
就在那儿
This from you?
这是你给我的?
You couldn’t just walk 15 feet and give it to me yourself?
你就不能走15英尺 亲自给我吗?
You had to send it over from a safe distance?
你非得要在一个安全距离之外快递过来?
Is that part of the…
这也是属于…
Sidney Hall mystique?
西德尼·豪尔神秘气息的一个组成部分吗?
What’s your name?
你叫什么名字?
Alexandra.
爱丽珊黛
If you don’t wanna take the drink, I’ll gladly take it from… you.
如果你不想要这杯酒 我很乐意再把它… 拿回来
Okay.
好吧
You have to leave Lewis Chang alone.
你别去找路易斯·张的麻烦
I don’t want to even see you looking at him.
我甚至不想看到你瞅着他
That goes for Greg and Pyatt and all the other goons.
这也适用于格雷格和派亚特 和所有其他那些马仔
What do you care about him for? Look at him, he’s asking for it.
你为什么那么关心他?瞧瞧他 这是他自找的
I don’t see him asking for it.
我没看出来是他自找的
Fine. Whatever, Hall… look.
好吧 无所谓啦 豪尔… 听着
You better shed some serious light on the situation
你最好为现在的情况提供一些正经的线索
if I’m gonna throw away one of the few things
如果我准备放弃个把东西
I have to look forward to every day.
我每天都巴巴地指望着它呢
Does that mean you’ll stop?
这是不是意味着你会罢手?
Yeah, I’ll stop.
是的 我会放他一马
But if he ever grows balls to start up with me, I swear to God…
但是如果他再胆敢跟我挑事儿 我向上帝发誓…
Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. You’ll shove his dick up his ass or whatever.
行 行 行 你就再狠狠地修理他 怎么都行
He’s not gonna start with you.
他不会再跟你挑事儿
We have a deal?
我们谈妥了?
I’ll pick you up Saturday.
星期六我来接你
You live over on Cedar, right?
你住在细达河那边 对吧?
Yeah.
没错
Across the tracks,
过了铁路
as my dad would say.
就象我爸说的那样
Dad?
老爸?
Yeah.
是的
Never mind.
没事儿了
No! No, no, wait!
别!别 别 等一下!
Jameson.
詹姆森
Jameson.
詹姆森

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!