I’ll go look for him.
我送奶奶回家后去找惠特洛夫人
I’ll get Granny home and call Whitlow.
我们也来帮忙吧
We’ll be glad to help.
霍华德,等下,我来帮你一起找
Howard, hold on a second, we’ll help you.
他从不会离家这么久
He’s never been gone this long.
这不是他的习惯
It’s just not like him.
谢谢
Thank you.
你们搜索到哪里了?
How far did you get?
铁路桥那边
The railroad bridge.
我们搜索了
Then between us,
沿河流域七英里
we scouted seven miles of river
从栈桥
from the trestle
到铁路桥下
to Bower Bridge.
这么说他没有去河那边
So he didn’t go to the river, then?
约翰家旁边的小河呢?
John’s Creek?
惠特洛来了
Whitlow’s here.
我去了县政♥府♥那
Been down at the county courthouse.
刚刚得到消息
I just got the news.
你担惊受怕
I’d hate to think of you worried
让我也很难受,艾达
sick all day long, Ada.
万分感激
I appreciate that.
乖狗狗
Stay, girl.
霍华德
Howard.
我们会找到这个孩子的
We’re gonna find the boy.
我需要一件他穿过的衬衣
I’m going to need one of his shirts.
我去拿
I’ll go get it.
闻到了吗?
Got it?
它闻到了
She got it.
行了,好狗狗
All right, girls.
快,去找他
Find him now.Find him!
我们出发
Let’s go, boys.
他们会找到他的,艾达
They’ll find him, Ada.
他们一定会找到的
They’ll find him.
马修!
Matthew!
马修!
Matthew!
马修!
Matthew!
马修!
Matthew!
马修!
Matthew!
马修!
Matthew!
马修!
Matthew!
马修!
Matthew!
马修!
Matthew!
我从未见过它们追踪到这么远
Never seen ’em running around so much.
它们像是要找自己的尾巴一样
Like they’re chasing their own tail.
他来过这
He was here.
挖过蚯蚓
Digging for earthworms.
我去上面的湖那找找
I’m going up to the lake.
看他在不在那
See if he was up there.
我和马修说过那里有鬼魂
I told Matthew there are ghosts up there.
他不敢去那的
He’s scared to death of the place.
还是去看看的好
It’s best to check.
我开车送你过去
I’ll drive you up.
我们会找到他的
We will find him.
好了,我们走过那条小河去看看
All right, let’s go walk that creek.
加油
Come on.
加油,好狗狗
Come on, girl.
马修!
Matthew!
我有一种不详的预感
I’ve got a bad feeling about this.
真的
I really do.
泰勒,就在这停,就是这儿
Taylor, this is fine right here, it’s fine.
我沿着路找下去
I’m gonna drive the roads.
好的
All right.
你们听见他叫了吗?好狗狗
You hear him, girls?
小心头!
What you hear!
别紧张
Easy, easy.
好狗狗,继续听
Good girls, you keep listening.
怎么样了?
Anything?
我们走了很远
Ground’s cold.
地上已经没有他的气味了
We lost his scent.
我想我就在这等吧
I thought I’d wait here just
万一马修叫出声来
in case Matthew called out,
狗会听见的
the dogs would hear him.
你怎么看?
What do you think?
我们有很多人手来找他
We got a lot of people looking for him.
都是熟悉这个地方的人
People who know the places here pretty good.
我不明白我们怎么什么也没找到
It bothers me we ain’t found nothing.
好吧,我现在去艾达那里
Well, I’m just heading over to Ada’s,
做点早餐
make some breakfast.
你过来吃吧
You come and eat.
没事,不用了
No, that’s all right.
不,我想你还是吃点吧
No, no, I won’t take no for an answer.
太阳升起时我会把早餐放在桌子上
I’ll have breakfast on the table at first light.
好吧
All right.
马修!
Matthew!
马修!
Matthew!
马修!
Matthew!
马修!
Matthew!
没有人会去那个湖边的
Nobody goes up there anymore,
那里有很多鬼魂
not with all them ghosts.
天啦,我很难过
Lord, I feel bad about this.
如果我们再扩大一下搜索的话
If we’d just fanned out more.
发生的事已经发生了
It just happened, that’s all.
诺亚…
Noah…
霍华德在找你
Howard’s been asking for you.
很遗憾,雷诺兹先生
Sorry, Mr. Reynolds.
我告诉他湖里有条大鱼
I told him about a fish in that lake.
他才去那儿的
He went to catch it.
这不是你的错,诺亚
It weren’t your fault, Noah.
我和我妻子都知道这点
Me and my wife know that.
和你在一起是马修最快乐的时光
Matthew had a good time knowing you.
霍华德
Howard.
他一直…都很想念他的父亲
He’s been, uh…missing his daddy a lot,
特别是最近一段时间
awful lot lately.
你给了他所没有的东西
And you gave him something he didn’t have.
过来这
Come here.
我的爱人
That’s my girl.
那个湖被诅咒了
That lake is cursed.
先是阿奇·惠勒一个人死在那
First Arch Wheeler dying alone up there,
接着是博伊德·查德温自杀了
and then Boyd Chatwin. By his own hand.
现在又轮到马修·雷诺兹,可怜的小孩子
Now Matthew Reynolds, the helpless little lamb.
如果可以的话,我们就炸掉那个湖
If it were up to me, we’d blow up that lake.
如果你炸掉那个湖后
If you blow up that lake,
你就会想炸掉那座山
you might as well blow up the mountain.
每年山上也会有人
Somebody freezes or falls off that mountain
因为意外事故而死
every year.
等你炸掉山后
And after you blow up the mountain,
你还会想炸掉公路
you’d best go ahead and blow up the roads
和铁路的
and the railroads, too.
行了,还是为霍华德做点力所能及的事吧
Well, I’m thinking it might help Howard
我们可以帮他打扫一下院子
if we tidy up the yard a little bit.
会有很多人会来这里慰问
Bound to be a lot of people coming by
在得知马修的死讯后
when they hear about Matthew.
我来吧
I’ll do it.
我来帮他洗车上蜡
Well, I’ll wash and wax his car.
好好的办场葬礼吧
He’s gonna want it clean for the funeral.
天啦,那个男孩
Oh, Lord, that boy
占据了他们夫妇生命中的大部分
was pretty much their life.
是的
Yes, he was.
地归地,尘归尘
Earth to earth, ashes to ashes,
土归土
dust to dust.
祝福每个去往天国的人

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!