my husband would sit still long enough
和我好好说上一会话
for me to talk to him.
我不明白
I don’t know
他为什么不愿和我好好谈谈心
why it was so hard for him to just sit and listen.
有些人就是这样的
Oh, I suppose some people are just that way.
你不觉得累吗?
Don’t you get tired
到处漫游
moving around place to place?
不知道除了这样,我还能做什么
I don’t really know what else to do.
你不想家吗?
Well, don’t you miss your home?
你家人呢?
Family?
我父母已经过世了
Oh, my folks passed on.
我还有一个弟弟
I got a brother, though.
他叫特拉维斯
Travis.
他交了一些坏朋友
He, uh, fell in with some bad company,
现在在监狱里
and wound up in prison.
他没出来之前,我看我还是要这么漫游下去
So maybe I’m just waiting for him to get out.
我很遗憾
Well, I’m sorry to hear that.
那是战争留下的伤痕吗?
Is that from the war?
我想一定很痛吧
It must have been terrible.
这样没关系吧
I hope that’s all right.
没有理发师那样专业
Not as good as a barber might have done it but…
还行吧
Well…
比我剪的好多了
It’s much better than I could of done.
谢谢
Thank you.
嘿,马修
Hey, Matthew.
你带了什么来?
What you got there?
你是来帮助我的?
Came to help, huh?
谢谢你,我的好朋友
I thank you, my friend.
让我们先来混和一下涂料吧
Let’s mix you up some paint.
对了
That’s right.
这样就对了
Just drag it along.
还记得我上次和你说的
Remember that bass I was telling you about?
那条湖里的鲈鱼吗?
Up at the lake?
每晚我都能听见它跃出水面的声音
I hear it swimming out there every night.
我见过一次
I saw it once.
和骡子一样
Looked like a mule it was
真是一条大鱼
so big.
我不是说
Well, it didn’t look
它长的和骡子一样
like a mule,the way a mule looks.
我是说个头和骡子一样大
It’s a fish,but it’s big like a mule.
这听起来有点玄乎
Sounds like a tall tale,
是吧?
don’t it?
你知道吗,你是我说话
You know, you’re the only friend I’ve ever had
说的最多的朋友
where I did all the talking.
你一定可以说出我的名字,是吧?
I bet you can say my name though, can’t you?
诺亚
Noah.
你可以说’诺亚’,是吗?
You can say “Noah”,can’t you?
是的,你说出来了
That’s it, you got it.
像这样
Like that.
一直这么看着他…
Looking at him the whole…
看起来你衣服上倒是有很多油漆
Well I see you got enough paint on yourself.
不知道你有没有刷到屋子上去?
You manage to get any on the store?
他刷的很好
He done real good.
我们钓鱼能手怎么样了?
How’s the celebrity?
不用理穆迪和皮埃沃这两个家伙
You can just ignore Moody and Peavo.
干的怎么样了,钓鱼人?
How’s it going,fisherman?
目前为止,还不错
Well, just fine,til now.
泰勒把你吹的太过头了
The way Taylor’s was talking,
说的你好像不用鱼钩
sounds like you don’t even need a hook
就能钓到鱼一样
to catch a fish,boy.

Hey.
如果你能在太阳落山前
You catch us six river cats a piece
钓到六条鲶鱼
before sundown today,
每条鱼我们给你十美分
we’ll give you ten cents a fish.
如果你钓不到那么多的话
But, uh, you come up short,
钓到的鱼就免费送给我们
we keep everything you catch for free.
十二条鲶鱼,太阳落山前
Twelve catfish by sundown.
天啦,这样也太不公平了吧?
Good Lord, boys, what kind of sucker bet is that?
如果要钓十二条鱼
He makes that dozen,
你们应该出二十五美分一条鱼
it’ll cost you a quarter a fish.
二十五美分一条鱼?
Quarter a fish?
切,小贝里·戴维斯也不可能那么厉害
Shoot,Littleberry Davis ain’t even that good.
小贝里是我见过最棒的
Littleberry’s the best I ever seen.
小贝里没有诺亚厉害
Littleberry couldn’t bait Noah’s hook.
你怎么看,马修?
What do you think,Matthew?
我们该接受他们的挑战吗?
Take that bet?
你们的钓鱼高手要送我
Your fisherman’s about to catch me
一顿免费的晚餐了
a free dinner.
我赌三美元他能做的到
I’ll bet you three dollars he makes it.
一言为定
You got a bet.
不能是欧鱼,鲈鱼,刺盖太阳鱼,亚口鱼
No bream, no bass,no trout, no crappie.
天啦 这是规定
Good Lord.Them’s the rules.
他在做什么?
What’s he doing?
洗掉蚯蚓留在手上的黏液
Washing the worm slime off his hands.
你们也该好好洗个澡了
Something you boys ought to do once in a while,
洗洗吧
wash up a little.
他看起来好像一点都不着急
He don’t seem to be in much of a hurry,
是吗?
does he?

Hmm.
是条大鲶鱼啊
That’s cat. Aah.
至少十四英寸长
Fourteen inches at least.
急什么,这才一条呢
That ain’t but one.

Hmm.
万能的上帝啊
Lord a’mighty

Huh.
又一条鲶鱼
Yeah, another cat.
他可能碰到了一个鲶鱼窝
He found a catfish hole.
不过三四条后窝里就会没鱼了
It’s gonna play out after three or four.
为什么亚口鱼和刺盖太阳鱼不吃诱饵呢?
Why don’t he hook no sucker fish or crappie?
嘿,你是不是用了什么
Hey,you got some sort of
特制诱饵?
secret catfish bait on there?
你确定这个男孩会数数吗?
You sure that boy knows how to count?
还差一条,诺亚,加油
One more time now,Noah, come on.
你还是放弃吧,钓鱼人
Might as well give up now,fisherman.
不要听他胡说
Don’t listen to him.
你已经拼尽全力了
You put up a good fight,
诺亚·洛克
Noah Locke.
毫无疑问,你还差一条
No doubt about that,but 11 ain’t 12.
你钓不到的
You ain’t gonna make it.
也许窝里的鲶鱼已被你钓完
Maybe you fished that hole clean.
我们可以带着免费的鲶鱼回家了
We going home with a free mess of catfish.
好了
Woo!
游戏结束,泰勒
Game’s up, Taylor.
你欠我三美元
You owe me three dollars.
泰勒,你快点把钱包掏出来吧
Taylor, you better get out your billfold.

Eh.
太阳落山了
The sun’s gone.
嘿,他那条不算
Hey, he ain’t got it ashore!
太阳已经落山了
The sun’s gone.
不,还没有,还没有
No, it ain’t,it ain’t.
你们自己看看那?
Will you look there.
好了,穆迪,皮埃沃
Well, Moody, Peavo,
你们今晚可以吃鱼
you’re eating catfish tonight.
但你们必须付诺亚
But you owe Noah, here
三美元
three dollars.
和泰勒三美元
And another three for Taylor.
太棒了
I feel good.
我们不如开车去海斯维尔
Hey, why don’t we all drive to Hayesville,
在那大吃一餐?
get something to eat?
我请客,我有三美元可以挥霍
Treat’s on me,I got money to burn.
艾达在家里等着我们呢

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!