just to be by himself.
这里该有的东西都有
I think everything’s here.
油灯,床
Lamp, cot.
一个叫阿奇·惠勒的人建了这个木屋
A man named Arch Wheeler built this cabin.
他就死在那张椅子上
He died right there in that chair.
博伊德说他常来这
Boyd said he used to come up here
和阿奇的鬼魂一起喝酒
and drink with Arch’s ghost.
他总是拿这些东西
He was always trying
来吓唬我
to scare me.
但别人说这里确实有鬼魂
But people say this place is haunted.
我经常听到这样的故事
Yeah, you hear stories,
湖水的反光
lights on the water,
猎狗的低呜声
hunting dogs whimpering
让他们以为自己碰到鬼魂了
like they’ve seen a ghost.
呃…
Eh…
我有点喋喋不休了,是吗?
I’m a chatterbox, aren’t I?
奶奶一个星期说的话
I don’t think Granny says
不到十二个字
a dozen words in a week.
弄的我好像得了’说话饥渴症’
Makes me too hungry for talk.
晚安
Good night.
晚安,女士 谢谢你
Good night, ma’am.Thank you.
谢什么?
For what?
我还没谢你
I’m trying to thank you
帮我料理了那头母牛的后事呢
for taking care of my poor cow.
所以不用谢我
So don’t thank me.
你多大了,洛克先生?
How old are you, Mr. Locke?
二十八岁
I’m 28.
我只比你大四岁,所以
Well, I’m just four years older, so…
不要叫我’女士’了
don’t call me “ma’am.”
好的,女士
Yes, ma’am.
这样吧
All right…
我不尊称你
I won’t say it on a trade.
你也不要在尊称我什么’先生’了
You don’t call me “mister.”
说定了…洛克
All right… Noah.
好了,如果你碰到鬼魂,就大声叫救命吧
Well, you see any ghosts,you holler.
亲爱的特拉维斯
Dear Travis…
上次给你写信后
since I last wrote you,
我来到了一个叫’光之谷’的地方
I’ve come to a place called the Valley of Light.
一个叫霍克·摩尔的钓鱼人
A fisherman by the name of Hoke Moore
告诉了我这里
sent me here.
他说这辈子见过最大的鲈鱼
He claims that the biggest bass he’s ever seen
就在这儿的湖里
lives in this lake,
我现在知道
and I know now…
他说的是真的
that’s no fish tale.
早上好,鱼贩
Well,morning,fish seller.
早上好 我想知道
Morning.Just come by wondering
你还要请人帮你油漆商店吗?
if you still need somebody to do some painting?
当然,你看看这里都成什么样了
You bet!Just look at this place.
我出二十美元
I’ll pay $20 for the whole job.
另外我还提供砂纸和涂料
I’ll supply the sandpaper and paint.
哦,好的,那就说定了
Oh, yes, sir,that’s a deal.

All right.
跟我来
Lookie here.
如果有人请你捕鱼你可以去
Now, you get a fish order,you go fish.
有空的时候再帮我工作
Paint when you can.
好的,先生
Yes, sir.
这样你可以多赚点钱
You’re gonna be good for business.
霍华德在教堂跟我们
Howard was bragging at church
吹嘘过你帮他钓的鲶鱼了
about all those catfish you caught him.
霍华德的儿子,那个男孩
Howard’s son, that boy…
马修,他是霍华德的孙子
Matthew. That’s Howard’s grandson.
他只是和艾达他们住在一起
But he and Ada keep him.
孩子的妈妈很早就去世了
Boy’s mama passed away quite a few years ago.
马修的爸爸在那之后也离家出走了
Matthew’s daddy hasn’t been around since.
据说他爸爸现在
They say he’s working
在田纳西州打工
in Tennessee.
他经常给马修寄钱,但我们从没见到过他
He sends that boy money,but we never see him.
他会说话吧?
He ever talk?
他奶奶提到过
Cause, uh, his grandma said that, uh,
他曾和她说过话
he talks to her.
艾达说她能用’心’听到他说话
Ada says she hears him with her heart.
这是真的
She does,that’s a fact.
但那个孩子
But that boy…
从没说过一句话
never spoke a word.
怎么回事?泰勒
What the hay, Taylor?
你把我们的活儿给别人干了?
You giving our jobs away?
他就是霍华德说起过的钓鱼人
He’s the fisherman Howard’s talking about.
是吗?
That so?
我叫诺亚·洛克
Name’s Noah Locke.
我是皮埃沃·蒂斯利
Peavo Teasley.
我是穆迪·古德豪斯
Moody Goodhouse…
三世
the Third.
很高兴见到你们
Pleasure meeting you boys.
你们是
People are gonna
特地在他工作的时候
come around to get a look at this man
来见识一下他的吗
while he’s working.
你们听见我说的吗?他得到了这个工作
Did you hear that word?”Working”
可能我的口音你们听不懂
That’d be a… foreign tongue to you boys?
我在挖钓鱼用的蚯蚓
I’m digging for bait.
想帮忙吗?
Want to help?
嘿,看看这个
Hey, look at this.
我看见一群鸠在这
I saw a flock of robins here.
所以我知道这里有蚯蚓
That’s how I knew to look for earthworms.
在暴风雨过后,蚯蚓也很好找
Now, after a storm, now,that’s a good time, too.
就在被雨浸泡透的泥地里
Find yourself a rain-soaked field.
你找到了
There you go.
你找到了一条大蚯蚓
You found yourself a good one.
你看到那了吗?
Yeah, you see that there?
散落在地上的谷物
Spilled grain.
让我们来看看这有什么
See, let me show you here.
看到了吧?
Yeah, see that?
大黄粉虫的幼虫
That’s a mealworm.
鱼可喜欢吃它们了
Panfish love ’em.
这里有好多
There’s all sorts of ’em here.
看见了吗?
See?
鱼也喜欢吃蚂蟥的
They like leeches, too.
哦,我知道
Oh, I know.
我也不喜欢蚂蟥
I don’t care for leeches much, neither.
好了,就这样
All right, that’s it.
别动
Stay there.
看,蟋蟀
See,crickets,
它们可是鲈鱼的美味佳肴
now, they’re good for bass.
我之前在那边湖里看到过
I saw a bass in that lake up there
一条大鲈鱼
the biggest bass
是我见过最大的
I ever seen.
但是
But, well,
想要钓到它可不是那么容易的
he ain’t ready to be caught yet.
霍克·摩尔先生告诉了我这个山谷
Mr. Hoke Moore told me about this valley.
你认识摩尔先生吗?
You know Mr. Moore?
他说这里的人们很友好
He said there are good people here.
他说的没错
He’s right.
走吧
Come on.
鬼魂没有来找你吗?
The ghosts haven’t chased you off yet?
我不想把里面弄脏
I didn’t want to make a mess inside.
不过你却把自己的头发
Looks like you’re making a mess
弄的一团糟
up top of your head.
坐下,我来帮你
Sit down.
我过去常帮博伊德剪头发
I used to cut Boyd’s hair.
以前是我妈妈帮我剪头发
Well, my Mama used to cut mine.
只有在剪头发的时候
Getting a hair cut was one of the few times
我丈夫才会乖乖做在那

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!