He’s taking orders
如果你想吃鲶鱼
if you got a taste for catfish.
谢谢,我们不怎么吃鱼
Oh, no, thank you.We don’t eat much fish.
哈哈
Oh, well.
祝你一切顺利
You take care of yourself.
谢谢
Thanks.
她是个好女人
That’s a fine woman.
好了
All righty.
一美元五十分
This is a dollar fifty.
再给我的朋友马修
And a, uh, nickel’s worth of penny candy
来五美分的糖果
for my friend here.
嘿,小马修
Hey, there, Matthew.
来看看,你想吃什么糖?
Well, let’s see.What do you think?
橙子软糖,还是波士顿豆糖?
Orange slices today,or Boston Beans, or…?
噢,你要软心豆糖
Hmm? Jelly beans.
我来了,马修
I’m coming, Matthew.
你一定是那个帮我丈夫抓鱼的小伙子
You must be the fish seller.
是的,女士 我是诺亚·洛克
Yes,ma’am.My name’s Noah Locke.
我是艾达·雷诺兹
I’m Ada Reynolds.
马修告诉我他今天认识了你这个新朋友
Matthew told me he met a new friend today.
瞧瞧
Look at that.
你是在河里钓到的?
Where did you catch ’em? River?
是的,先生
Yes, sir.
能在这个时间钓到?
This time of day?
它们可真称的上是奇迹之鱼了
That makes these miracle fish.
刚好可以放进锅里
Just the right size for pan frying, too.
给我吧,我要开始做晚饭了
Give them here,and I’ll start supper.
你为什么不告诉诺亚先生
Why don’t you tell Mr. Noah
星期天可以和我们一块去教堂?
to come to church with us on Sunday?
给你
Here.
你准备在这里待多长时间?
How long you staying?
我自己也不知道,先生
Don’t know, sir.
星期天一起去教堂吧
Come to church on Sunday.
这里只有一间教堂
It’s the only one in the valley.
复活基♥督♥的教堂
Church of the Resurrected Christ.
不管他过去是什么样的人
No matter how you were raised,
任何人都可以来
everybody’s welcome.
谢谢你,先生
Thank you, sir.
进屋吧,马修
Come on, Matthew.
今晚我们有大餐吃了
We gonna feast tonight.
再见
Bye,now.
快趴下
Get down!
快跑
Get out!
目标被击落了!不
Target’s down!No!
现在怎么办
What do we do?
快跑
Let’s go!
洛克!洛克!
Locke! Locke!
昨晚睡的怎么样,奶奶?
You sleep well, Granny?
现在该擦爽身粉了
Now it’s time for your birthday powder.
我们默默承担着责任
So we bear the burden in silence.
这种责任,兄弟姐妹……
This burden,brothers and sisters…
声音够大了吗,奶奶?
Is that loud enough, Granny?
够大了
Yeah. I hear it.
每周
Every week,
我都会收到听众的来信
I receive letters from listeners who say,
他们说自己不是一个好的基♥督♥徒
“I must not be a good Christian.
他们觉得自己还不够虔诚
“For, surely, if I were firmly rooted in faith…”
要我帮忙吗?
You got some trouble there?
你是那个钓鱼人?
You’re that fisherman?
是的,女士
Yes, ma’am.
介意我来看看吗?
You mind if I have a look?
我知道了
I know.

Shh.
你有枪吗?
You got a rifle?
它快不行了是吗?
She needs to be shot?
是的,女士
Yes, ma’am.
它的肉你还要吗?
You want some meat from it?
我可以帮你把它宰杀了
I can butcher it for you.
好吧
All right.
我给你带了晚饭过来
I brought you dinner.
你不用这样客气的
Oh, there’s no need.
如果你不吃,我心里会更过意不去的
If you don’t,I’ll feel even worse,
耽误了你让你没能去成教堂
waylaying you on your way to church.
哦,我并不是要去教堂
Oh,I wasn’t going nowhere.
还没决定去不去
Just thinking about it.
谢谢
Thank you.
它也算是寿终安寝了
Shouldn’t have been a surprise,her dying.
它岁数也够大的了
She was awfully old.
不过,我还是有点难过
Still, it shook me.
你参加过二战?
You were in the war?
是的
Yeah, I was.
我死去的丈夫博伊德和你一样
My late husband, Boyd, was, too.
很遗憾
I’m sorry to hear that.
它究竟是什么样的
What was it like?
这场战争
The war.
这场战争是
Well, it’s not something
抹不去的痛苦记忆
you can get out of your mind.
它也没有任何意义
And there’s no making sense of it, either.
我想这世界上很多其他事情也是没有意义的
I guess a lot of things don’t make sense.
谢谢你的帮助
Thank you for your help.
求你吃点吧
Please, just a few bites.
我只要我的巧克力
I want my chocolate.
我以为你走了
I thought you’d left.
一个小时前我出去看了看,你已经不在了
I went out an hour ago,and you were gone.
我刚才去池塘那边
I just went to the pump
梳理了一番
to wash up.
他是谁?请原谅我的无礼举动
Who’s that?Forgive my manners.
你知道我没别的意思 快请进,洛克先生
You’d think I didn’t have any.Come in, Mr. Locke.
这是博伊德的奶奶
Meet Boyd’s grandmother,
碧翠斯·查德温夫人
Mrs. Beatrice Chatwin.
您好,女士
Ma’am.
奶奶今天不是太高兴
Granny isn’t feeling all that well today.
她不给我巧克力
She won’t give me my chocolate.
奶奶就爱巧克力这一口
Granny lives on chocolate bars.
也许我真应该写信给糖果公♥司♥
Maybe I ought to write the candy company
感谢他们有这样一位好顾客
and give them a testimonial.
天快黑了
Well, it’s getting dark.
我开车送你回去吧
I’ll drive you home.
不用了 我的宿营地不远
Oh, there’s no need, my camp’s not far.
在哪里?
Where are you?
沿着路往上走,就在湖边
I’m up the road at the lake.
住在那个钓鱼小屋里?
The fishing cabin?
不,女士,是在它附近
Uh, no, ma’am, just near it.
你为什么不住到那个小屋里?
Well, why don’t you use it?
啊,我…
Well, I…
我不知道屋主是谁
I didn’t know who to ask.
是我
You ask me.
我一会就回来,奶奶
I’ll be back shortly,Granny.
再见,女士
Ma’am.
我丈夫在这里开枪自杀了
My husband shot himself here.
不是在那个小屋里
Not in the cabin.
你不会怕什么鬼魂吧
If that’s any difference to you.
我以为他是死在战场上
I thought he died in the war.
博伊德毫发无损的从战场上回来
Boyd came home without a scratch on him.
但他变了很多
But he was changed.
能告诉我他为什么要自杀吗?洛克先生
Now,why would he do that,Mr. Locke?
一个经过战争洗礼的人
Why would a man go through a war
为什么回到家后会自杀?
and come home and kill himself?
你住这吧
Use it.
博伊德以前经常来这过夜
Boyd use to come here and stay the night,
他自己一个人

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!