You wouldn’t be lost,would you?
人生地不熟
Well, I never been here before,
我是迷路了
so I guess I am.
哈,我们这来了一头流浪的小绵羊
Looks like we got us a wandering sheep.
你从哪来?
Where you from?
阿什维尔
Asheville.
我以前有个堂兄住在那
I had a cousin lived there.
他叫沃利·梅菲尔德,你认识他吗?
Name of Wally Mayfield.You know him?
不认识,先生
No, sir.
你以前是被关在羊圈的吧
You didn’t miss much.
你参加过二战?
You serve in the war?
是的
I did.
在欧洲还是太平洋战场?
Europe or the Pacific?
欧洲
Europe.
那个部队?
What outfit?
第42步兵团
42nd Infantry.
我叫惠特洛·梅菲尔德
Whitlow Mayfield.
当我不在农田忙作时
When I’m not walking behind a plow,
兼♥职♥这里的警长
I’m the sheriff of this county.
这是马歇尔,我的副手
Marshall,here,is my deputy.
很荣幸,你好
Pleasure,Howdy.
我叫霍华德·雷诺兹
Howard Reynolds.
那是马修
This here is Matthew.
我叫诺亚·洛克
My name’s Noah Locke.
你最近在干些什么?
What you doing with yourself these days?
诺亚·洛克
Noah Locke.
我到处打打零工
I pick up an odd job here and there,
不过大部分时间还是花在钓鱼上
but mostly I do me some fishing.
钓鱼?
Fishing?
如果你是来这参加钓鱼比赛的话
Well,if you come for the fishing contest,friend,
恐怕你来早了一点
I’m afraid you’re a bit early.
这我可不知道
I don’t know nothing about no fishing contest.
两星期后我们这
We have a fishing contest here
将举♥行♥钓鱼比赛
in about two weeks.
参赛费两美元
Cost two dollars to get in.
比赛会吸引很多人来
Draws a crowd,and we wind up
我们会顺便为学校筹款
with a little money for the school.
你要是得了第一名就有二十美元
You you could walk away with $20.
不过先要打败小贝里
Give Littleberry some competition.
嗯,绝对是小贝里·戴维斯
Yeah.That would be Littleberry Davis.
他已经是
He’s won our contest the last…
连续五届还是六届的冠军了?六届
ooh, five, six years in a row by my count.Six.
六冠王
Six.
你喜欢钓鱼,那这样吧
You a fisherman,tell you what.
你现在去那条河那
You go down to that river there,
在太阳落山前
and catch me a mess of them river cats
如果你能钓到鲶鱼的话
before sundown,
每条我付你十美分
I’ll give you a dime for every fish big enough
但块头要足,要可以下锅
to fry.
马修很喜欢
My boy likes
鲶鱼
catfish.
别上当,朋友
Don’t let him bait you, friend.
这个时候在那条河是钓不到什么鱼的
You not knowing the river this time of day,
你可能会空欢喜一场
I’d say you’d be wasting your time.
不,我♥干♥
Oh, I’ll do it.
说定了,到时把鱼带到我们家
All right,to get to our house,
沿着那条路穿过牧场
take that road there past the meadow
灰色屋子就是
till you see a little gray house.
好的,先生
Yes, sir.
谢谢
Thank you.
不错啊,刚到这几分钟
Well, been here five minutes,
就有生意做了
already you got you some business.
好了
Yeah.
四件都齐了
And… that is four.
你这袋子里可都是美味佳肴啊
Oh, you got a smorgasbord there.
您好,女士
Ma’am.
泰勒
Taylor.

Uh-huh.
这是诺亚·洛克
We captured us here a Noah Locke,
一名旅行钓鱼人
traveling fisherman,
你信吗
if you can believe that.
是吗?
Is that so?
玛乔丽,你招呼一下客人
Marjorie, you take care.
好的
I will.
这位是我堂兄泰勒·鲍尔斯
This is my cousin Taylor Bowers,
如果他没有你想买♥♥的东西
and if he don’t have what you want,
他一定会想法子
he’ll just go ahead and try to
卖♥♥你点其他的东西
sell you something else.
某些人是再生的基♥督♥徒
Some folks are born-again Christians,
而泰勒在这儿简直就是
Taylor, here
一个再生的’谈话者’
is a born-again talker.
比我的话少多了
Worse than I am.
我不是正准备开口吗
And that’s going some.
你要买♥♥点什么?
How can I help you?
你需要什么,孩子?
What you need, son?
沙丁鱼?罐装金枪鱼?
Some sardines? Some canned tuna?
捕鱼的人吃别人抓的鱼,这可不好
That would put a hole in your fishing story.
对,是的,说的有道理
Well, yes, it would.
我要一袋咖啡,一个肥皂
I’ll just have a bag of coffee,a soap bar,
还有一件衬衣,如果这儿有的话
and a shirt, if you got it.
带条纹的可以吗?
Will chambray do?
非常好,谢谢
That would be fine,thanks.
埃莉诺
Eleanor.
泰勒,惠特洛
Taylor.Whitlow.
下午好,埃莉诺
Afternoon,Eleanor.
需要什么?我来帮你拿
Anything I can get for you?
呃,不用,我知道它们放在哪
Oh,I know where everything is.
好了,都齐了
All right, then.
你可不要骗他
Now, don’t you go raising prices
让他多付钱
on our friend here.
他是个军人,和我儿子一样
He was an army man,like my boy.
你知道我只会骗你的
You know you’re the only one,
我的堂弟
I cheat around here,cousin.
感谢你的帮助,先生 不用客气
Nice to meet you,sir.Same here.
你真的以钓鱼为生吗?
You really make a living fishing?
那要取决于你对
Well, now, that depends
‘为生’的理解了
on what you call a living.
为了生存我吃了很多鱼
I eat a lot of fish.
你知道这镇上有什么工作可以提供吗?
You know of any jobs around town?
我这里就有一个
I got one right here.
你看见那两个
You see those two fools
正在叽叽喳喳的傻瓜了吗?
yakking over there?
他们原本早就该油漆完我的店铺
They’re supposed to be painting this store.
但他们到现在
You witness even one foot of
还没有开始
pine board painted out there
你进来时在门口应该都看见了
when you walked up?
咖啡就在你身后
Coffee’s right behind you.
埃莉诺,找到你要的东西吗?
Eleanor,are you finding everything all right?
看,那是什么?
Well, now, what is that?
你耳朵里是什么东西?
What is that there in your ear?
看,原来是五美分
Well, now, look at that, a nickel.
要买♥♥糖果吗? 好的
You want some candy?Yes.
巧克力呢?
Chocolate?
我还是排队吧
I can wait my turn.
没关系的
Oh, no, no, that’s fine.
你先吧
Please, go ahead.
这是诺亚·洛克
This is Noah Locke.
我没说错你的名字吧?
I got it right,didn’t I?
没有
You did.
这是埃莉诺·查特温
And this is Eleanor Chatwin.
可以找他订购

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!