是,长官!
Yes sir.
好了,走吧
Ok,let’s go.
你也出去
That means you, too.
天啊!
Christ!
(缉酒战士奈斯灰头土脸)
(差劲的艾略特奈斯)
(我非常以你为荣!)
你在干什么?
Now, what do you think you’re doing?
要丢垃圾? 就丢到垃圾筒里
You want to throw garbage? Throw it in the goddamn trash basket.
你没有更重要的事做吗?
Don’t you have more important things to do?
有
Yeah.
但我不必现在去做
But I’m not doing them right now.
我们彼此心知肚明
Do we understand each other?
好了,朋友,别乱动
Okay, pal, why the Mohaska?
你为何带着枪? 我是财政部特派员
– Why are you packin’ the gun? – I’m a Treasury Officer.
好吧
All right.
你只要记着我们照过面就够了
Just remember what we talked about now.
喂,等一下!
Hey… Wait a minute!
这个城市的警员是怎么回事 他们是怎么教你的?
What the hell kind of police do you have in this goddamn city?
你竟不管带枪的人
You just turned your back on an armed man.
你是位财政部官员
– You’re a Treasury officer.
何以见得? 那只是我说的而已
– I just told you I was.
谁愿意冒充财政部官员? 我哪管得着?
Who would claim to be that, who was not?
你的姓名和单位?
What’s your name and unit?
在这上面
It’s right here.
你有牢骚?怎么回事?
You got a beef? What is it?
你怎么知道我有带枪?
How did you know I had a gun?
你要什么? 讨教会警员的绝招吗?
What do you want, a free lesson in police work?
不
No.
你还好吧?朋友
Are you okay, pal?
我工作不顺利
I had a rough day on the job.
你要回家了吗? 我正要回去
– Are you going home now? – I was about to.
你已做到了 执法者规则第一条
Well, then, you just fulfilled the first rule of law enforcement.
确保能活着下班回家
Make sure when your shift is over you go home alive.
第一课结束
Here endeth the lesson.
总数十万元,一共40桶
$100,000 for 40 barrels.
确保没有空的
Make sure there are no empties.
我给你的底帐都在帐薄里
I’m gonna give you the ledger, everything is in the book.
桶是55加仑
55 gallons to the barrel.
我是艾迪 进来,艾迪
– It’s Eddie. – Come in, Eddie.
他坐进除雪车里说道 “我们好好干一场”
So, he gets into the snowplough, and he says, “Let’s do some good” .
然后我们破门而入…
And then, we bust through…
(艾略特奈斯)
(财政部特别调查处)
奈斯先生? 什么事?
– Mr Ness? – Yes?
我是来谢谢你的!
I came here to thank you.
被炸死的小女孩是我女儿
It was… ..my little girl that got killed with that bomb.
我很难过,请进
I’m sorry. Please.
我很难过
I’m …l’m so sorry.
你了解…
You see, it’s …
我知道你也有小孩
because I know that you have children, too.
这是那些人带来的真实悲剧
And that this is real for you, that these men cause us tragedy.
我知道你要阻止他们
And I know that you will put a stop to them.
我知道你会的
And you do that, now.
(拉辛大街)
你要干什么? 我想和你谈谈
– What do you want? – I’d like to talk to you.
进来吧
Come in.
我要找一批人 奈斯…
I need a small group of men, handpicked, starting with you.
首先指名道姓找上你 奈斯,我只是个可怜的巡夜警员
Ness! I am just a poor beat cop.
我该怎么帮你?
– Now, how can I help you?
只要和我一起办事
– Just work with me.
我为什么要? 因为你是好警员
– But why should I, though? – Because you’re a good cop.
你怎么知道? 你告诉我的
– How do you know that? – You told me.
我若是好警员 我还会在这年纪担任巡夜吗?
If I’m such a good cop… How come I’m walkin’ the beat, then, at my age?
你想告诉我吗?
Do you want to tell me?
也许是我心地善良
Well, maybe I’m that Whore with a Heart of Gold.
罪恶圈里唯一的好警员? 你想听这些吗?
Or The One Good Cop in the Bad Town? Is that what you want to hear?
我没要求你,我不在乎!
I didn’t ask you, and I don’t care!
你要去巡夜就请便
You want to stay on the beat? You do that.
你愿跟我一起吗? 我需要你的协助
If you’d like to come with me, I need your help.
我在请你帮忙
I’m askin’ you for help.
你在害怕什么?
Well…that’s the thing you fear, isn’t it?
奈斯先生,希望我在十年前 还有发福二十磅前就遇到你
Mr Ness, I wish I’d met you ten years and…twenty pounds ago.
但是,我觉得…
But…I just think it got…
对我较重要的便是保住老命
more important to me…to stay alive.
所以我甘心担任巡夜
And that’s why I’m walkin’ the beat.
谢谢,我不干
Thank you, no.
很好,安迪
That’s good, Andy.
开车吧,我们去兜风
Let’s start up the thing and take a little ride.
我要听一下 熊猫牌引擎的声音!
I wanna hear that Stutz Bearcat engine, boy!
好,让我开车门 好的
– Yeah, let me open the door here. – Yeah, go ahead.
你快去把门捡起来,安迪
Whoopsy daisy, pick up the door there, Andy.
把它扔到后座让我发动引擎
Throw it in the back seat. Now, let me get the thing started.
对,发动引擎吧
Yeah, start it up, Andy.
天啊!听听引擎声!
Holy mackerel, Andy! Listen to that Bearcat motor!
是啊,听起来就像大熊 不停追着小猫!
Yeah, it sounds like the bear is chasin’ that cat all round it!
安迪,引擎过热冒烟了!
Andy! She’s boilin’ over!
奈斯先生? 什么事
– Mr Ness? – Yes.
奥斯卡华♥莱♥士♥
Oscar Wallace.
华盛顿派我来的
I’ve been assigned here by the Washington Bureau.
真的? 是的
– Really? – Yes.
我非常高兴你加入 华♥莱♥士♥先生…对不起?
Well, I’m glad to have you here, Mr Wallace. Would you excuse me?
我们现在一筹莫展 你有建议吗…
We are a little in the dark here, but any ideas you may have…
是的,我有
Well, actually, yes, sir, I do.
我首先要试的便是这个
And the one I want to try first… is this.
他自1926年就没有申报过
He has not filed a return since 1926.
申报? 申报所得税
– A return…? – An income tax return.
申报所得税 是的,先生
– Income tax. – Yes, sir.
你在局里是做什么的 华♥莱♥士♥?
– What do you do at the Bureau?
我是会计
– Oh, I’m an accountant.
会计? 是的,总局里派我来此…
– An accountant? – Yes, and the Bureau sent me here…
失陪了一下?
Would you excuse me?
坐吧
Please.
好了,我们走
Okay. Let’s go.
去哪里? 这里隔墙有耳
– Where are we going? – These walls have ears.
你说你想知道 如何扳倒卡彭
You said you wanted to know how to get Capone.
你真的要捉他?
Do you really want to get him? You see what I’m saying?
你明白我的意思? 你打算怎么做?
– What are you prepared to do? – Everything within the law.
合法的行动 若不成,你又有何打算?
And then what are you prepared to do?
奈斯先生 如果你打算向他们开战
If you open the ball on these people,
你就要一直战斗下去
you must be prepared to go all the way.
因为他们非和你拼个 你死我活不可
Because they won’t give up the fight until one of you is dead.
我想捉卡彭 我不知该如何下手
I want to get Capone. I don’t know how.
要捉卡彭,就要比他强
Here’s how you get Capone:
他拔刀,你就拔抢
he pulls a knife, you pull a gun.
他伤了你的部下 你就宰了他的爪牙!
He sends one of yours to hospital, you send one of his to the morgue!
那就是芝加哥的规则! 那就是捉卡彭的方法!
That’s the Chicago way! And that’s how you get Capone.
你能那样干吗?
Now, do you want to do that?
你准备好那样干了吗?
Are you ready to do that?
我提供你这个建议 你要不要接受?
I’m making you a deal. Do you want this deal?
我已发誓要将他绳之以法!
I have sworn to put this man away,
以合法手段 尽我所能去达成
with any and all legal means at my disposal, and I will do so.
天主憎恶懦夫
Well, the Lord hates a coward.
你可了解血誓之意义,奈斯先生?
Do you know what a blood oath is, Mr Ness?
是的 很好,你刚刚才发了一个血誓
– Yes. – Good. ‘Cause you just took one.
你明白那晚的突袭 何以不成功?
How do you think Capone knew about your raid the other night?
有人通风报信 对,你开窍了
– Somebody on the cops told him. – Right. Welcome to Chicago.
芝加哥就像娼馆一样污秽
This town stinks like a whorehouse at low tide.
首先,你能相信谁?不能 相信任何人,连警♥察♥都不行
First, who can you trust? Nobody. The cops, nobody.
这里没有人喜欢你 那你为何肯帮我?
– ‘Cause nobody wants you here. – Then why are you helping me?
因为我曾宣誓维护♥法♥律执行
Because I swore to uphold the law.
你要相信的话 我再告诉你另一件事
And if you believe that, I’ll tell you another.
你能信任谁?
– Now, who can you trust?