《铁面无私》
1930年 禁酒令使芝加哥爆发战争
帮派人物争夺地盘
以走私酒而 掌控亿万元的强大帝国
相互使用暴♥力♥手段 来巩固自己的势力
这是一个帮派争斗的时代 这是枭雄艾尔卡彭的时代
报纸上有篇文章曾这样报导 事实上你是实际的
An article, which I believe appeared in a newspaper, asked why, since it would seem that you are
芝加哥市长 你只是差一纸委任令而已
in effect the Mayor of Chicago, you’re not simply being appointed to that position.
我告诉你,这很动人
Well, I tell ya, it’s touching.
人生很多事亦是如此
Like a lot of things in life,
有很多事可笑 因为那是真的
we laugh because it’s funny, and we laugh because it’s true.
有些人说,改革者也说
Some people say, reformers here say:
“把那人关进监狱,他以为 他在干什么?”
“Put that man in jail, what does he think he is doing?”
同样的,我在干什么 你们报纸要弄清楚
What I hope I’m doing, and here’s where your paper’s got a point,
我是在反映人们的意见
is I’m responding to the will of the people.
人们要喝酒,你知道我知道 大家都知道
People are gonna drink. We all know that.
我只是采取行动
All I do is act on that.
说什么贩卖♥♥私酒? 什么叫是贩卖♥♥私酒?
And all this talk of bootlegging. What is bootlegging?
放在船上那叫贩卖♥♥私酒 放在大酒店那叫盛情好客
On the boat it’s bootlegging, on Lake Shore Drive it’s hospitality.
我只是个生意人
I’m a businessman.
你怎么解释外头传闻 你以暴♥力♥掌控生意?
Your reputation is that you control your business through violence.
把你的货强迫推销出去?
That those that don’t purchase your product are dealt with violently.
没事
It’s all right.
我在恶劣环境下长大
I grew up in a tough neighbourhood.
我们常说,“枪杆和好话并用 胜过单单讲好话”
We used to say, “Y ou can get further with a kind word and a gun” “than you can with just a kind word.”
在我那种环境是真的
And in that neighbourhood it might’ve been true.
然后你会赢得好名声
And sometimes your reputation follows you.
芝加哥的确有暴♥力♥存在
There is violence in Chicago,
但并不在于我 或是我雇佣的人
but not by me and not by anybody I employ.
我告诉你们原因 因为那不是好生意
Because it’s not good business.
(开场)
走开,不要打搅我们 没事
Leave us alone down here,
我们不需要任何东西
we’ve got everything we need.
你那些绿色啤酒毫无用处
The green beer you’re peddlin’ ain’t any good.
毫无用处,但很值得一买♥♥
It’s not supposed to be good. It’s supposed to be bought.
我什么也不买♥♥
I’m not buyin’ any.
别担心 我们不会回来了
Don’t worry about it, Pops, we won’t come back.
你家里人都好吗? 他们很好
– How’s everyone at your house today? – They’re fine.
你妈妈好吗? 她有点感冒
– Is your Mama well? – She has a little cold.
哦,是吗?
Oh, she does?
我很难过听到这事 不过,她很快会没事的
– I’m sorry to hear that. – But she’ll be all right.
给你 谢谢
– There you go. – Thank you.
不客气,小可爱 过马路时要当心
That’s all right, sweetie. You be careful crossin’ the street.
先生!先生 告诉你妈妈…
– Mister! – You tell your Mama that…
喂,先生,等一下
Hey, Mister! Wait!
先生,等一下,你忘了你的手提箱…
Mister! Wait! You forgot your brief…
(1930年9月14日星期天)
(1930年9月15日星期一)
(私酒战争屠♥杀♥十岁女孩)
是的,我听到收音机广播了
Yes, I heard it on the radio.
我了解
I know.
上班时间到了
Now it’s time to go to work.
你要给人第一眼好印象
You’ll make a good first impression.
我爱你,艾略特
I love you, Eliot.
走吧
Now, shoo.
艾略特奈斯,财政部特别员
Eliot Ness, Special Agent of the Treasury Department.
奈斯先生 谢谢你,局长
– Mr Ness. – Thank you, Chief.
应芝加哥市民要求
At the request of the City of Chicago,
联邦政♥府♥ 令财政部
the Department of the Treasury has inaugurated a programme
成立专案 制止私酒贩责 及其所引发的暴♥力♥
to deal with the flow of illegal liquor and the violence it creates.
奈斯先生! 这个计划包括什么?
Mr Ness! Of what does this programme consist?
我和其他财政部专员 将与芝加哥警方合作…
I and other agents of the Treasury will be working with the Chicago Police…
这是否又是官僚炒新闻?
Isn’t it just another showpiece programme?
你对禁酒令有何看法? 你喝酒吗,奈斯先生?
– What do you think of prohibition? – Do you drink, Mr Ness?
奈斯先生,回答问题
– Come on, answer the questions.
这不是炒新闻
– It’s not just a showpiece.
我来告诉你们我对禁酒令的看法
And I’ll tell you how I feel about prohibition.
那是国家法律
It is the law of the land.
你自认为是扫荡战士吗? 奈斯先生?
Do you consider yourself a crusader, is that it?
你有何专长可以担当这个任务? 你可有政♥治♥野心?
What qualifications do you have for the job? Do you have any political ambitions?
好了,今天到此为止
All right, boys, I think that’s enough.
最后一个问题,奈斯先生 麻烦让一下
The last qustion, Mr Ness! Please.
先生,你有何计划? 打算如何着手?
What are your real plans? What have you got coming up?
你去看报纸吧
You’ll have to read about it in the paper.
让我和你同去 不
– Let me ride along with you. – No.
我们会配合你的 不,爱莫能助
Can’t help you.
奈斯先生,奥德森中尉,飞骑警队
Mr Ness, Lieutenant Alderson, the Flying Squad.
你准备会见弟兄了吗?
Are you ready to meet the men?
是的,我准备好了
Yes, I am.
(武器登记预备室)
我还有一件事情要说
I have one more thing to say.
我知道你们很多人喝酒
I know that many of you take a drink.
今天以前的事我不管
What you’ve done before today is not my concern.
但今后要自律,停止喝酒
But now we must be pure, and I want you to stop.
问题不在于喝酒是否伤身 虽然很可能伤身
It’s not a question of whether it’s ‘a harmless drink’. It may well be.
而在于那违反法律,各位
But it’s against the law.
我们要厉行法律便要以身作则
And as we are going to enforce the law, we must do first by example.
有问题吗?
Are there any questions?
很好
Good.
财政部有位密探卧底一段时间了
The Department of the Treasury’s had a man undercover here for some time now.
我们接获情报
We’ve received word from this informant
昨天自加拿大运来了大批私酒
that a large shipment of Canadian whiskey has arrived in Chicago.
所以我希望你们准备一下
So I hope that you have signed on for some action.
我们要去抓他们了
We’re got for him
记住 私酒箱上有红色枫叶记号♥
Remember, the liquor cases are marked with the red maple leaf.
是,长官,我知道
Yes sir
密探穿的是灰大衣白围巾
The Treasury Agent is in a grey suit with a white scarf.
不要抓他 灰大衣和白围巾
– He is not to be arrested. – A grey suit and a white scarf.
就这样,你的人准备好了? 是的,长官,都准备好了
– That’s it. Are your men ready? – Yes, sir. They are.
很好
Good
稍息 准备对付坏蛋
– At ease. – Smoke ’em if you got ’em.
准备如何? 好了!
– How are we doin’ – Okay.
来点三明治? 不,谢谢长官
– Want part of a sandwich? – No, thank you, sir.
你紧张吗? 不,长官
– You nervous? – No, sir.
你在这警局很久了? 才一阵子
– Been with the unit long? – A short while.
我想大家都想把事做好 是的,长官
– I suppose we all want to do well. – Yes, sir.
(我非常以你为荣!)
我太太写的字条
A message from my wife.
你结婚了? 是的
– You married? – Yes, sir, I am.
结婚不错,是吧?
Nice to be married, huh?
跟我来
Just follow me.
哦,天啊! 联邦官员,手举起来!
– Oh, God… – Federal officer. Hands in the air.
手举起来,东西放下
Get ’em up. Drop it.
我不能,会砸坏
Damn it, I can’t , it’ll break.
奈斯,听着,我正要…
Mr Ness. Look, I was just…
天啊,对不起
Geez, I’m sorry.
听着,我可以为你做 许多你奋力拼搏的事情
Listen, I can do a lot for you, what you’re tryin’ to do.
我抢头条新闻 替你宣扬
I get the big scoop, you make a big splash.
争取新闻界支持如何
Get some support. What do you say?
让我帮你,如何?
Let’s be real, let me help you.
闭嘴
Okay. Just shut up.
好了,各位… 我们大干一场吧!
All right now… Let’s do some good!
站住别动!
Hold it right there!
联邦官员!
Federal officer.
你们因违反禁酒令被捕了
You’re under arrest for violations of the Volstead Act.
守住门口! 别让罪犯逃了!
Let’s cover the doors! Don’t let anybody out!
普勒斯基
Preseuski.
不好意思,我有许可 谁批准的?
– I’m here with permission. – Who gave you permission?
奈斯先生! 不要紧,让他进来
– Mr Ness! – Sorry, let him through here.
让他进来
Let him through here.
你要拍照就现在拍吧
You want to take your picture, take it now.
准备好了? 准备好了
– You ready? – Ready.
这是酒?
Liquor, huh?
下雨了吗?
Rain?
带他出去 快点
Get him out of here.
把这地方彻底解散! 现在,带他出去!
– Tear the place apart! – I mean now, get him out!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!