讲的是一个疯狂的老博士
It’s about this insane old doctor
完全催眠并控制了一个人
who has a sleepwalker completely under his spell.
真是个疯狂的老头儿
This crazy old loon.
你能想象这有多吓人吗?
Can you imagine how horrifying that would be?
被一个人完全催眠控制
To be completely under someone’s spell?
你很喜欢 对吧?
And you liked it, right?
你喜欢电影的布景和服化…
I mean, you like the painted sets, and the makeup…
我不喜欢
No, I did not.
听起来好像
Sounds to me like
她并不乐意看那部电影
maybe she didn’t want to see the movie.
你想过这一点吗 尼克?
Did you think about that, Nick?
想过她想要什么吗?
About what she wants?
谢丽尔 得了吧 有必要问这个吗?
Cheryl, come on. Is that a real question?
你觉得他会怎么回答?
What do you think he’s gonna say?
她的视觉感受力非常强大 一直都是这样
She has an amazing visual sensibility. Always has.
我们很亲密
We’re very close, and within that closeness,
所以我才知道…
I was able to ascertain…
-嗨 亲爱的 -嗨 妈妈
Hey, honey. Hi, mom.
再见 艾迪 我爱你
Bye, addy. I love you.
不是吧 又怎么了?
Oh, no, what happened?
她生我的气 因为我们一起看了
Oh, she’s mad at me because we watched.
《卡里加里博士的小屋》 但她讨厌那部电影
Cabinet of Dr. Caligari together and she hated it,
我觉得这很奇怪 因为她的品味一向很成熟
which I find odd, given how mature her taste normally is.
等等 你觉得很惊讶
Wait, you’re surprised your teenage daughter
因为你十几岁的女儿 不想跟你一起看
didn’t wanna watch an insane
一部疯狂的一百年前的德国电影?
100-year-old German film with you?
-对啊 -天啊 行吧
Yes. Oh, my god. Okay.
而且不只如此
Well, it’s not just that.
她从来都不读玛丽·雪莱的书
You know, she’s never read Mary shelley,
或者简·奥斯汀 连马克吐温的都不看
or Jane Austen, or even twain.
这姑娘真是太庸俗了 咱们跟她脱离关系吧?
What a little philistine. Should we disown her?
她以为亨弗莱·鲍嘉是黄♥片♥演员 (注:《卡萨布兰卡》男主)
She thought Humphrey bogart was a porn star.
你…
Yeah…
-等等 真的吗? -真的
What, really? Yeah.
这真是挺让人失望的
That’s disappointing.
除非真的有艳星叫亨弗莱·鲍嘉
Unless there is a porn star called Humphrey bogart.
那就合理了 对吧?鲍嘉 很像艺名
That would work, wouldn’t it? Humphrey. Hump.
没有?
No?
听着 你只是…
Look, you’re just…
你现在跟你她的关系很微妙
You’re at a tricky stage right now with her, okay?
如果你不学会怎么建立联♥系♥
And if you don’t learn to connect,
那关系就会断掉…
it’s gonna stay broken for…
-你♥他♥妈♥的在笑什么? -啊?
What the fuck are you smiling at? Huh?
-你在笑什么? -我没笑
Why are you smiling? I’m not.
-你笑了 -好吧
You are. Okay.
奥利维亚 我正在争取一部很出色的戏
Olivia, I’m up for a very exciting movie.
我觉得我会成功的
And I think it’s gonna happen.
-老天啊 你能帮我个忙吗? -好啊
Oh, my god. Look, will you do me a favor? Yes.
来参加她的生日派对
Turn up for her birthday party.
-当然了 -当然了
Of course. Of course.
天啊!
Gosh!
嗨 芬克 见个面吧 我有几个问题
Hey, fink, let’s meet up. I have some questions.
我也说不清 我就是很想得到这个角色
I don’t know. I just really want this.
这样的角色可是不多见的 作为我的经纪人…
I mean, this is the role of a lifetime, and as my agent…
尼克 我有很好的预感
Nick, I’ve got a good feeling, okay?
-好 -来吧
Okay. Now, come on.
我知道你有多紧张
I know how tense you get.
这里能帮你放松
This is going to help you relax.
操!
Fuck!
我♥操♥!太爽了
Oh, my! Fuck, I love this so much.
这么疼是正常的吗?操
Is this supposed to hurt this much? Fuck!
正常 越疼越好
It is. The more pain the better.
我♥操♥…
Fuckin’…
-为什么? -促进血液循环
Why? It’s good for circulation.
尼克 还有一份工作邀约
So, Nick, we got another offer.
今天早上收到的
Just came in this morning.
太好了 什么内容?
Excellent. What’s it about?
一百万美元
It’s about a million bucks.
内容是什么?
What is it?
参加生日派对 芬克?
A birthday party, fink?
你知道自己在说什么吗?
What are you even talking about?
大概就是你去参加
You go, and I don’t know,
讲讲故事 把人逗笑
tell some stories, make ’em laugh.
把人逗笑?像马戏团小丑那样?
Make ’em laugh? Like… Like a circus clown?
或者海洋馆的海狮?
A trained seal?
尼克 我接到你业务经理肯尼的电♥话♥了
Nick, I got a call from your business manager, Kenny.
你已经在日落塔酒店住了一年多了
You’ve been living at the sunset tower for over a year.
怎么了?他们很乐意接待我啊
And so? They love having me there.
你欠他们六十万的房♥费
You owe them $600,000.
他们把账单发给了肯尼
They sent the bills to Kenny.
我来处理
I’ll take care of it.
肯尼说你还有很多负债
Kenny says you still have substantial debts.
再加上你的离婚 你的消费习惯…
And now, the divorce, and your spending habits
-等等等等 -好吧 我来处理
and, and, and… Okay, I’m gonna deal
芬克 我会处理的
with all that, fink.
你知道我会的
You know I will.
但我会拿下这个角色
But I’m gonna get this next role
等我拿下之后 一切都会改变
and when I do, all of that changes.
然后 我就真正回归了
Then, I’m back.
不过我本来也没有离开
And, by the way, not that I went anywhere.
你确实没离开
Not that you went anywhere.
永远别把自己的人生搞砸
You never shit on yourself.
来吧!永远别把自己的人生搞砸
Come on! Never shit on yourself.
芬克 稍等一下 我找个安静的地方
Fink, hold on a second. Let me get somewhere quiet.
芬克 你还在吗?我能听见了
Fink, you still there? I can hear you now.
-你跟他谈过了吗? -我跟大卫谈过了
Did you talk to him? I talked to David.
-你来了 太好了 -稍等
Oh, you’re here. Great. Hold on.
快点 我们在做蛋糕
Right, we’re doing cake.
老天 你在…
Uh… oh, my god, you’re doing…
我得先打完这个电♥话♥
I have to finish this call.
我的老天爷啊!
Oh, my god! Jesus Christ!
不是吧!
Come on!
芬克 你跟他谈过了吗?
Fink, did you talk to him?
尼克 你能听见吗?
Nick, can you hear me?
能听见 他怎么说?
Yes, I can hear you. What did he say?
他说他很喜欢你
He said he loves you,
但他为那个角色选了别的演员
but he ultimately went in a different direction for the role.
抱歉 兄弟
Sorry, dude.
别这样嘛
I hate it.
谢谢 妈妈
Thank you, mom.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
许个愿 吹蜡烛
Blow, blow. Make a wish.
-生日快乐 艾迪! -好了 大家请注意!
Happy birthday, addy! All right, everybody!
都到钢琴这里来 表演时间到了 各位
Gather round the piano. It’s showtime, folks.
-他在干什么? -什么?
– What’s he doing? – What?
尼克?
Nick? Nick?
离钢琴远点 尼克
Uh, step away from the piano, Nick.
嗨 路易斯
Hi, Lewis.
你都长这么大了
You’re all grown up now.
你几岁了…15?
What, are you… What, are you 15?
爸爸 别跟路易斯说话
Dad, don’t talk to Lewis.
好吧
Okay.
她九岁那年
When she was nine years old,
我第一次跟女儿一起旅行
my daughter and I took our first trip together.
我们开了一整晚
We drove overnight,
穿越沙漠 前往大峡谷
across the desert, to the Grand Canyon.
你还记得吗 亲爱的?
You remember that, sweetheart?
记得
I do remember that.
太阳升起的时候
And when the sun came up,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!