Why did you wait till Christmas to give me this news?
因为我知道你会等
‘Cause I knew I could.
怎么知道的
How?
因为你让我想起了20年前的我自己
Because you remind me of myself,you know, 20 years ago.
“潘汉德石油公♥司♥现在是一个亿万元企业了…”
“Panhandle Gas & Oil is now a billiondollar operation…”
我是
I’m a…
我是亿万富翁了
I’m a billionaire.
我是个亿万富翁了
I’m a billionaire.
我在想 当我徘徊的时候…
I wonder as I wander… a’
当我成为亿万富翁的时候…
When I became a billionaire.
史蒂文斯先生 有你的电♥话♥
Mr. Stevens, you have a phone call.
好的
Yeah?
五号♥线
Line five.
我是瑞德·史蒂文斯
This is Red Stevens.
汉娜? 什么?
Hanna? What?
飞行员!
Pilot!
他直接从机场前往他母亲的疗养院
He was headed straight from the airport to his mother’s nursing home
去吃圣诞前夜晚餐
for Christmas Eve dinner.
一个卡车司机睡着了 迎面撞了他
A trucker fell asleep,and hit him headon.
医生说他的内脏受损严重
The doctor said he had severe internal damage.
他的两个肾都破裂了 无法医治
Both of his kidneys are ruptured.He’s gonna lose them.
需要做血液透析才能活下来
If he survives,they’re gonna put him on dialysis,
但是要排很长很长的队
but he’ll go to the end of a very long waiting list
等人捐献肾器官
for a kidney donor.
今晚会很难熬
It’s gonna be a long night.
要不要来点咖啡 好的
You want some coffee? Yeah.
你跟我一起这么久了
You’ve been with me for such a long time.
我欠你太多了
I owe you so much of everything I got.
你是我的朋友…
You been a friend to me…
…虽然我不配
…even when I didn’t even deserve it.
(♪ DREW HOLCOMB & THE NEIGHBORS: “HOURGLASS”)
O型阳性 护士!
Opositive. Nurse!
嘿 瑞德
Hey, Red.
怎么回事
What’s this?
发生什么了
What’s going on?
平安夜晚上 你在205号♥公路上被撞了
Christmas Eve, you met the business end of a semi on the 205.
今天几号♥了
What day is it?
新年快乐
Happy New Year.
现在是1969年了
Welcome to 1969.
我还以为…
I thought…
以为你在塔尔萨呢
I thought you were in Tulsa.
你需要肾
You needed some new plumbing,
所以我给了你一个
so I gave you some of mine.
我看我是扛不住了 我要睡了
You know what? I think I need to go back to sleep.
也许这只是一场噩梦
Maybe this could all be a bad dream.
重新开始
Starting over…
…不是那么简单的事
…is not the easiest thing to do.
抱歉 希望我没有吵醒你
I’m sorry. Hope I didn’t wake you.
能醒过来我就很开心了
I’m just glad that I can wake up.
那个 我们拿下炼油厂了吗?
So do we have a refinery?
是的
We do.
这意味着你是个亿万富翁了
I think that means you’re a billionaire.
是啊 是的
Yeah. It does.
感觉怎么样?
How does that feel?
没什么感觉
Not a stitch different.
我还以为会感觉不一样呢
I thought it would, though.I really did.
一直以来我就梦想着这一天
All that time thinking about it and dreaming about it,
等真正实现的时候 也就那么回事
and when it finally happened,it just happened.
世界照样运转…
The world kept moving on forward…
…没有人和我分享
…and there was no one there to share it with me.
但是你实现了自己的诺言
But you did what you said you would.
你应该为此感到骄傲 瑞德
You should take pride in that, Red.
我的钱多得花不完
I got all the money in the world.
但是我舍弃了那些对我很重要的东西
I traded everything that was important to me for it.
现在还不晚呢 瑞德
It’s not too late, Red.
要是已经晚了呢 汉密尔顿
What if it is, Hamilton?
我的孩子都不争气
My kids are a mess.
我妻子认为我迷失了自我
My wife thinks I’m lost.
你可以改变这一切的
You can change that.
你可以改变的 瑞德
You can change that, Red.
你看 赚钱是你的梦想
See, money’s been your dream.
但是你的遗产…
But your legacy…
是你的家人啊
Your legacy is your family.
你的财富就是你的妻子 你的孩子
Your fortune is your wife, your kids
以及子子孙孙
and all the little Stevens that comes along.
你还有时间的 瑞德
You still got time, Red.
男孩:爸爸 有什么事吗 路斯:是啊 要多久啊
BOY: What’s this all about, Dad? RUTH: Yeah, is this gonna take long?
你们是要离婚吗?
Are you guys getting divorced?
不 那不是我们要谈论的
No, that’s not what this is about.
好吧 我们来这儿干什么? 你把我吓坏了!
Well, what are we here for? You’re kinda freaking me out!
这就吓坏了 够了 你们
That doesn’t take much. HANNA: All right, that’s enough!
你父亲有话要对你们说
Your father has something that he would like to say to you.
所有你们都听好了 别说话
So you will sit there with your mouths shut and listen.
说吧 瑞德
Go ahead, Red.
我叫你们过来 是因为…
I wanted you kids here because…
是想跟你们道歉
Well, I want to apologize to you.
道歉? 道什么歉?
Apologize? For what?
二十年来都没有关注你们
For neglecting you over two decades.
我都关注工作去了…忽视了你们…
I made my work more important…over you and…
…还有你们的妈妈
…more important over your mom.
一路上我学到了很多东西
I learned a lot of lessons along the way.
但是在追逐金钱的过程中 这些都忘了
But I ended up burying them in pursuit of the almighty dollar.
说重点吧 爸爸
Is there a bottom line here, Dad?
我还要坐飞机回普林斯顿呢
I got a plane to catch back to Princeton.
你妈妈和我决定要换一种生活
Your mom and I decided we’re gonna start living life a little bit different.
所以以后潘汉德石油的利润
So future profit from Panhandle Oil
会注入到一个新的基金
will go into a new fund that we started.
我们要开始做点好事了
We’re gonna start doing some good in the world.
不再为自己活着了
And we’re gonna stop living for ourselves.
要学会如何帮助他人
We’re gonna to try to learn how to help others.
告诉我你不是把基金发给那些穷♥人♥吧
Tell me you’re not giving our trust funds away to the poor or something?
我不会把你们的钱给别人的 孩子
I’m not giving your money away, son.
实际上…
In fact…
…你妈妈和我现在就要给你们每个人
…your mother and I are going to give each of you
现金一万美元
$10,000 right now.
路斯
Ruth.
为什么
For what?
为的是学习给予他人
For the chance to learn the gift of giving.
没有什么附加条件吗
No strings attached?
我们希望你们会将这些钱用来帮助他人
We… We hope that you’ll use this money to help others.
说完了吗 我们可以走了吗
So we’re done here? We can go?
嗯 都可以走了
Yeah, ya’ll can go.
我要存到银行里 好大一笔钱呢
I’m gonna put this in the bank. It’s a lot of money.
我要花掉它们
I’m gonna spend it.
我们所能做的就是祈祷他们会改变心意
All we can do is try and hope that their hearts change.
要有耐心
It will take patience.
嗯…我耐心一直不怎么好
Hm… I’ve never been very patient.
爸爸
Dad
怎么了 杰伊
Yeah, Jay?
给你
Here you go.
我不需要这钱 存到基金里吧
I don’t need it.Put it in the foundation.
你确定吗 儿子?
You sure, son?
这是你的钱 我钱够了
This is your money. I have enough.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢你 儿子
Thank you, son.
我爸爸继承了
My dad got it.
当我爸爸去世之后
And when my dad died…
…瑞德爷爷知道我也会继承的
…Red knew that I would get it, too.
汉密尔顿:没错 杰森
HAMILTON: That’s right, Jason.
我们积攒下来传给后代的财富遗产
The monetary inheritance that we accumulate to pass on to our children
远没有我们留下的精神信念重要
is not nearly as important as the personal legacy we pass on.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!