代价是很贵
It’ll be expensive.
但是我觉得可以采到隔壁的石油
But I think we can get the oil
同时将对环境的破坏控制到最小
with minimal environmental damage to the cow pastures.
有多小?
How minimal?
说实话 不知道 我只是觉得
No idea, actually,but I just think that
“最小”是一种说服别人的措辞
“minimal” is a more positive way to sell it.
吉米 我提拔你负责并购业务司的时候
Jimmy, when I promoted you to acquisitions,
你告诉我说你可以说服你妈妈从桥上跳下来
you told me you’d get your mother to jump off a bridge.
我要你现在去找安迪·尔立 把这笔交易搞定
I want you to go see this Andy Early and get this deal done.
要是我不能说服他呢?
What if I can’t convince him?
我要这块土地!
I want this land!
这是我们的下一招 汉密尔顿 我们控制那个炼油厂
This is our next play, Hamilton.We get our hands on that refinery,
然后就可以跟巨头竞争了
we start competing with the big boys.
我们控制着供应链的两端
We control both sides of the supply chain.
听着 这很危险 瑞德 我是说 你听到地质学家的话了
Look, it’s risky, Red.I mean, you heard the geologist.
这种新的钻探方法是…代价很高
This new way of drilling is…it’s not gonna come cheap.
说实话 我觉得我们负担不起
And I gotta be honest with you,I don’t think we can afford
同时跟两方玩
to leverage both deals at the same time.
卡内基相信新技术 应该投资新技术
Carnegie believed in investing in new technology,
引进新设施 以求突破极限
new facilities, harddriving,pushing the limits.
我们要跟他看齐了 汉密尔顿
We gotta start thinking the same way, Hamilton.
如果我们开♥发♥出新技术 就会成为我们的优势
If we develop new technology,it gives us an advantage.
我就是怕我们走的太快了 仅此而已
I just hope we’re not soaring off a cliff, that’s all.
我不想老是纠结这个了
I’m not going around and around about this anymore.
我看看我能做些什么吧
I’ll see what I can do.
瑞德 快到圣诞节了 你知道的
Red, it’s almost Christmas, you know.
我要见卡尔顿·斯特朗 就现在
I want this meeting with Carlton Strang.Now.
你为什么不吃饭啊 路斯
Why aren’t you eating, Ruth?
我上周就告诉西尔维亚 我不吃肉
I told Sylvia last week,I don’t eat meat.
你什么时候开始不吃肉了 两天前我看见你吃熏肉
Since when? I saw you eat bacon two days ago.
我说了 我不吃肉!
I said, I don’t eat meat!
行 这些是蔬菜吧 所以 你可以吃我的
Well, these are vegetables, right?So you can have some of mine.
住手!我不要你的芦笋!
Stop! I don’t want your asparagus!
你真幼稚
You are so immature.
我发誓 这是我最后一次回家过圣诞节了
I swear, it’s the last time I come home for Christmas break.
现在还不晚 你可以走啊
It’s not too late. You can leave.
你怎么就不能成熟一点
Why don’t you grow UP?
你还没说完呢 我只是累了
You’re not even finished yet. I’m just tired.
他宁愿回房♥间里抽烟
He’d rather be smoking cigs in his room.
爸爸 我要去乡村俱乐部和朋友聚会了
Dad, I’m meeting the guys at the country club.
需要一些钞票
I sure could use a few bills.
要多少 四十…六十
What do you need? Forty… sixty?
谢谢 爸爸
Thanks, Dad.
嘿 爸爸 也可以给我一点吗?
Hey, Dad,can you spot me some cash, too?
我要和几个朋友去游乐场
I’m going to the arcade with some friends.
你看你都开了什么头
Look what you started.
给你 谢谢!
Here. Thanks!
那个 我看到一双非常非常非常可爱的靴子
So… there are these really, really,really cute boots
我好想要啊
that I’m dying for.
是啊 要多少?
Yeah? How much?
让我看看
Let’s see…
行了 谢谢 你是最棒的
That’ll do.Thanks so much. You’re the best.
他们都看不到你人影
They never see you.
偶尔看到了 你就拿钱打发他们
And when they do,you just throw cash at them.
我是回家收拾行李的 我要去塔尔萨办精炼厂的事
I came home to repack. I’ve got a meeting in Tulsa about the refinery.
圣诞节之前应该可以回来
I should be home before Christmas.
先生们 请坐
Gentlemen, have a seat.
史蒂文斯先生 我知道你想快点开会
I know you wanted this meeting quickly,Mr. Stevens.
在圣诞节之前
Right before Christmas.
好吧 那我们就直奔主题吧
Well, let’s cut to the chase here.
你想要塔尔萨炼油厂 是的 我想要
You want the Tulsa refinery. Yes, I do.
你也查看了我们的合约了吧
And we trust that you’ve reviewed our proposal.
看了
I did.
你接受了吗?
Does that mean you accepted it?
还是说我们就在这里干坐着
Or are we just sitting around here twiddling our thumbs for nothing?
问题是我想不想卖♥♥给你
The question is whether or not I want to sell to you.
就这么简单 太搞笑了
It’s that simple. That’s just ridiculous.
你又没有别的买♥♥家 瑞德
You don’t have another buyer. Red…
你开始让我不爽了
You’re starting to tick me off.
你来这里是因为你想要促成这笔交易
You’re here because you want this deal.
想拿下可以拿下的一切
Some sort of race to grab all you can.
看来我们都有需求 史蒂文斯先生
Seems we both have needs, Mr. Stevens.
通常我都会跟我谈生意的人见个面
And usually I need to meet the people I’m doing business with
好做决定
in order to make my determination.
问题是 你没有给我留下好印象
Problem is, you don’t personally impress me.
你粗鲁 自私 贪婪
You’re rude, selfserving and greedy.
我会考虑你的建议
I will consider your proposal,
我会尽快回复你的
and I’ll get back to you just as quickly as I can.
好吧
All right.
我希望明天能得到你的决定 就这样了 我们走
I expect to have your decision by tomorrow. That’s it. Let’s go.
这笔交易嘛
The deal is it.
控制权在我 而不是在你手里
And right now that’s in my hands,not yours.
我们都知道 18个月之前
We both know you’re still trying to recover
你们发生了爆♥炸♥事件 现在还没有缓过来呢
from that explosion at the plant 18 months ago.
瑞德! 嗯~嗯
Red! Mmmm.
死了11个人
Took 11 lives.
你负债累累 负面的报道把你压的喘不过气来
Your liability went sky high and the publicity practically crippled you.
瑞德
Red…
你们的利润…
Your profits…
…比上个季度下降了22%
…are down 22 percent from last quarter.
你从哪里得到这些信息的?
Where did you get that information?
我是想买♥♥你们的炼油厂
I want to buy your refinery,
而你不卖♥♥不行啊
and you need to sell it.
所以说…还是你求我
And that makes you… needing me.
这一点…
And that…
真让人热血沸腾啊
That just makes your blood boil.
我们走
Let’s go.
再见 瑞德
See you later, Red.
(I MIKE SCHMID “ANGELS WE HAVE HEARD ON HIGH”)
男:客房♥服务
MAN: Room service.
有消息吗 没 都平安夜了
Anything? No, it’s Christmas Eve.
他这是玩的什么把戏
What kind of game is he playing?
瑞德 你把我当朋友吗?
Red,do you consider me a friend?
当然
Course I do.
好吧 作为朋友 我建议我们今晚乘飞机回家去
Well, as your friend,let’s fly home tonight.
你可以和汉娜在一起 和孩子们一起过圣诞
You could be with Hanna,with the kids, enjoy Christmas.
跟你说过了 在我得到那个炼油厂之前我是不会回去的
I told you, I’m not leaving till I get that refinery.
听着 你可以一直等下去
Look, you could wait till the cows come home,
但我可不想错过和家人一起过圣诞节
but I’m not missing Christmas with my family.
你可以扣我的薪水 也可以解雇我
Now, you can dock my pay,you can fire me,
你想做什么都行
you can do whatever you want,
但是我要去机场坐公♥司♥的飞机回家
but I’m heading to the airport and taking the company plane home.
瑞德 你要是明智的话 就跟我一起回去
And if you’re smart, Red,you’d come with me.
嗯…
Hm…
你说得对
You’re right.
你说得对 你回去跟家人团聚吧
You’re right. Go home.Go be with your family.
我自己坐飞机回去
I’ll take a charter plane home.
去吧
Go on.
圣诞快乐 瑞德
Merry Christmas, Red.
圣诞快乐 汉密尔顿
Merry Christmas, Hamilton.
没看到“请勿打扰”的牌子吗?
Can’t anybody read the “do not disturb” sign?
斯特朗
Strang?
你就不邀请我进来吗 史蒂文斯
You gonna invite me in, Stevens?
文件都签好了
The docs are signed.
其实我昨晚就决定好了 也准备好了新闻稿
I actually made my decision last night,put out a press release.
现在潘汉德石油公♥司♥有自己的炼油厂了
Panhandle Oil is now the proud owner of its own refinery.
不用谢了
You’re welcome.
那我走了
I’ll be on my way, then.
合作愉快 史蒂文斯
Nice doing business with you, Stevens.
我很好奇 斯特朗先生
I’m curious, Mr. Strang.
你为什么要等到圣诞节才告诉我这个消息?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!