You’re like toe fungus, kid.
我还以为摆脱你了呢 怎么又出现了
Just when I thought I got rid of you,you show up again!
好了!
All right!
好了 大家找好舞伴 现在是跳舞的时间
All right, everybody, grab your partner because it is time to tag dance.
哦…
Oh…
来 小帅哥 谢谢 但是…
Come here, cutie. Thanks, but…
听着 如果你想和她跳舞 那就跟我来
Listen, if you wanna dance with her,follow me.
主持人:交换舞伴! 她…
EMCEE: Switch partners! She…
嗨 嗨
(CHUCKLES) Hi. Hi.
不错嘛 终于说出话来了
That’s good. An actual word.
我想我应该试着用一些简单的话引你说话呢
Thought I’d try to lead with something real simple to help you out.
我也不是都那么笨嘴笨舌的啦
I’m not always so tonguetied.
不知道我是该把那当作赞美还是批评呢
I’m not sure whether I should take that as a compliment or criticism.
赞美 当然是赞美啦
Compliment. Definitely compliment.
主持人:交换舞伴!
EMCEE: Switch partners!
你不是这附近的人吧?
You’re not from around here, are you?
我是巴吞鲁日人
Baton Rouge.
那么 你觉得德克萨斯州怎么样?
So, what do you think of Tyler, Texas?
一开始我不喜欢
I didn’t like it at first.
现在你开始喜欢上它了?
But now it’s starting to grow on you?
我想要娶你
I think I wanna marry you.
现在你不是那么笨嘴笨舌啦
Well, you’re not tonguetied anymore.
我叫瑞德 的确 你是
I’m Red. Yes, you are.
什么? 哦,不,不,不,我的名字…我的名字是瑞德 瑞德·史蒂文斯
What? Oh, no, no, no, my name…my name is Red. Red Stevens.
好吧 瑞德·史蒂文斯
Well, Red Stevens,
我叫汉娜·罗伯茨
my name is Hanna Roberts.
瑞德:1941年9月8日
RED: September 8th, 1941.
汉娜 多好的女孩子啊
Hanna, what a girl.
在她旁边我都控制不了自己
I feel paralyzed around her.
嘴巴也不听使唤
It’s like my mouth has a mind of its own.
也许我再给德克萨斯州一次机会吧
Maybe I’ll give Tyler, Texas one more chance before I move on.
瑞德?
Red?
你在这里干什么?
What are you doing here?
我希望能送你回家
I was hoping I could walk you home.
走吧 汉娜 等一下
Come on, Hanna. Just a second.
瑞德 我很荣幸
Red, I’m flattered.
那次跳舞我很开心
I had a really nice time at the dance.
但是我爸爸应该不会同意我跟不上学的
But I don’t think my dad would let me get serious with a boy
男孩子在一起 我在老家的时候上过学啊
who doesn’t go to school. I was in school, back home.
赚钱又不一定要上学
But I don’t need school to make my fortune.
乡巴佬 你有完没完啊 我们要走了
About done there, hayseed? We got to go!
嘿 你有没有礼貌 总有一天 我这个“乡巴佬”会成为亿万富翁的
Hey, learn some manners, Ace! Someday,this “hayseed’s” gonna be a billionaire!
汉娜 我们得走了 也许你那个大富翁
Hanna, we gotta go.Maybe Daddy Warbucks there
可以开他的豪华轿车送你回家
can drive you home in his limousine.
好了 你走吧
Fine! Just go already!
瑞德 亿万富翁?
Red, a billionaire?
所以你觉得你可以像安德鲁·卡内基
So you think you can be like Andrew “Carneegee”
不用上学就可以成为亿万富翁
and make a billion dollars and not have to go to school?
是的 差不多吧
Yeah, something like that.
好吧 我让你送我回家
OK, I’ll let you walk me home,
但是我想让你先见见某个人
but I want you to meet someone first.
那是日记吗? 女孩子才写日记的
Is that a diary? Girls have diaries.
是日志 那就写日志吧
It’s a journal. Journal then.
舞会之后 里面有没有写到我
Write anything in there about me after the dance last night?
也许有吧
Maybe
但他可以参加新生的考试 然后分到我们班上 不是吗?
But he could take the freshman exam and then be in my class, couldn’t he?
等等 我没说我想要这样啊
Hang on a second.I didn’t say I wanted to do that.
理论上 是可以的 但是对一个九年级
In theory, yes,but that’s a tall order for someone
都没读完的人来说太难了
who didn’t finish the ninth grade.
如果我愿意的话 我就可以通过考试
I could take that test and pass,if I wanted to.
但是有很多成功人士就没有
But there’s been plenty of selfmade men
上过多少学 亚伯拉罕林肯 本杰明·富兰克林
who didn’t finish school.Abraham Lincoln, Benjamin Franklin,
安德鲁·卡内基 他们都是自学成才的
Andrew Carnegie,they were all selfeducated,
都活的很好啊
they did pretty good on their own.
你有抱负 瑞德
You have ambition, Red.
但是良好的教育对你的未来也是很重要的
But a proper education is important for your future.
好了 我们有间房♥间… 房♥间?
Now, we have a janitor’s room… A janitor’s room?
…没人住 你可以住在那里
…that’s not being used.you can stay there.
跟我说个数字 五位数以上的与另外数字相乘
Give me a number,at least five digits and a multiplier.
嗯…
Um…
56679乘以61
56679 times 61
三百四十五万七千四百一十九
Three million four hundred fiftyseven thousand, four hundred nineteen.
至于科学方面呢 我注意到你手上有湿疹
Now, as for science, I see you have a little eczema on your hand there.
那是垂榕 又称垂叶榕
That’s a ficus,also known as Ficus benjamina.
叶子会分泌过敏原 导致眼睛发痒
The leaves produce an allergen which can cause scratchy eyes,
喷嚏乃至湿疹
the sniffles, and even eczema.
你是受过教育的 你的年收入大概是1700美元吧?
You’re educated.You make, what, $1700 a year?
在德州这个偏僻的小镇上 不好意思 先生 我可不满足于这点钱
In this little nowhere Texas town.I’m sorry, sir, I want more.
瑞德 等等!
Red, wait!
汉娜 我意已决 没什么好谈的了
Hanna, I’ve made up my mind.There’s nothing more to talk about.
我只是觉得上学是浪费时间
I just think school’s a waste of time.
为什么你总是一副好斗的样子呢?
Why do you have such a chip on your shoulder?
好斗? 好像你害怕什么似的
A chip? It’s like you’re afraid or something.
你根本不了解我
You don’t know nothing about me.
你说得对 我是不了解
You’re right, I don’t.
但是我知道 谁都需要有信任他的人
But I do know that everybody in this world needs somebody to believe in them.
我本来是信任你的 瑞德
I would have believed in you, Red.
就有 你一直闷闷不乐的 像这样
Yes, you are. You’re probably moping all the time, like this.
好了 各位 请安静一下
All right, everyone, quiet down, please.
大家请安静
Quiet down, please.
瑞安·黑尔斯 赶紧到座位上去 谢谢
Ryan Hales, would you please find your seat. Thank you.
好了 现在我介绍一下新同学
Now, I would like to introduce you to your newest classmate.
瑞德·史蒂文斯 请你站起来一下好吗?
Red Stevens, would you stand please?
谢谢你 瑞德
Thank you, Red.
好了 把课本翻到57页 我们开始上课
All right, open your textbooks to page 57 and let’s get started.
(♪ BILLIE HOLIDAY & HER ORCHESTRA:”PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT”)
那你都答应我些什么呢 瑞德·史蒂文斯?
So just what are you promising me,Red Stevens?
不管你想要什么都行 豪华轿车 大房♥子 更大的戒指
Whatever you want. A fancy car,big house, bigger ring…
如果我说我只想要你呢?
What if I say I just want you?
我的脸又红了 是的 瑞德 你脸红了
I’m turning red again. Yes, Red. You’re red.
打开收音机!日军进攻珍珠港了
Turn the radio on! The Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor.
这意味着要开战了!
This means war!
广播播音员:…特别消息
RADIO ANNOUNCER: …a special news bulletin.
日军空袭了夏威夷的珍珠港
The Japanese have attacked Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
罗斯福总统刚刚宣布这一消息
by air, President Roosevelt has just announced.
此次军事袭击还涉及
The attack also was made on all naval and military activities
夏威夷的欧湖岛
on the principle island of Oahu.
现在切换到华盛顿
We take you now to Washington.
日军袭击珍珠港 意味着战争爆发
A Japanese attack upon Pearl Harbor naturally would mean war.
瑞德:我当时都不知道珍珠港在哪里
RED: I didn’t even know where Pearl Harbor was,
甚至都不知道夏威夷群岛属于美国
or that the Hawaiian Islands belong to us.
但我知道的是 当有人侵犯我们时 我们会反击
But what I do know is when someone hits us, we hit back.
我要成为反击的一份子 一定要
I’m going to be a part of that.I have to.
男人:…宣布开战…
MAN: …that such a declaration would be granted…
汉娜:你打算整天都在这绕圈子呢 还是来看我
HANNA: You gonna walk in circles all day or come see me?
瑞德:嘿
RED: Hey.
汉娜 我有些事…
Hanna, there’s something I need to…
要跟你讲 不知道怎么开口
Not really sure how to tell you this, but…
怎么了 是什么事
What? What is it?
我报名了 汉娜
I signed up, Hanna.
报什么名 为了什么 嗯嗯
Signed up? For what? Mmhm.
报名参军 什么
The Army. What?
但是我 你才15岁啊 他们怎么会同意的
But, I don’t… you’re 15!How could they let you?
我跟他们说我17岁 太疯狂了 你还太年轻
I convinced them I was 17. This is crazy. You’re too young.
我才不在乎 好吗
I don’t care about that, OK?
这不公平 别人都去参加战斗了
It’s not fair, all those other guys getting to go off and fight
我却在这个破地方上课
while I’m stuck in this lousy little town listening to lectures
课上讲什么艾米莉·狄金森 谁他妈的关心啊
about Emily whotheheckcares Dickinson!
我不会让你去的 我去跟他们说
I’m not gonna let you do this.I’m gonna go down there
说你只有15岁 你不能去
and I’m gonna tell them you’re 15. You will not!
如果我不去的话 我怎么独♥立♥呢
How can I become my own man if I don’t go?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!