I’m gonna stick with Gus.
你好像对牧场很熟悉啊
You seem to know your way around a ranch.
还用说 我是在牧场长大的
Boy, howdy, my whole life.
直到两年前 怎么了?
Till two year ago. What happened?
经济萧条啊
Stinking Depression.
银行取消了我们的抵押权
Bank foreclosed on us.
现在我爸爸一直在别人的农场工作 努力维持生计
Now my daddy’s stuck working other men’s ranches, trying to make ends meet.
我也是
Me too
被迫退学 不过至少我还在做事
Had to quit school,but least I’m doing something.
我爸爸以前在巴吞鲁日挖煤
My daddy shovels coal back in Baton Rouge, when there’s work,
所以我知道穷的滋味
so I know what it means to be on the short end.
总有一天 我会拥有自己的牧场
Someday, I’m gonna have me my own ranch,
比这个要大得多
and it’ll be bigger than this one.
然后我会把银行买♥♥下了
Then I’m gonna take over the bank.
是啊!
Yeah!
我不管干什么 肯定要干大的
Well, whatever I do,it’s gonna be big,
因为我不成为亿万富翁是不会罢休的
’cause I ain’t stopping till I’m a billionaire.
那可不是小数字啊
That’s a big number.
那就要换个职业计划了 而不是来牧场这边
Better plan on a different career than ranching then.
你应该去加利福尼亚 那里的工作机会多
You oughta head out to California.They got plenty of jobs out there.
嘿!也许你可以去演电影
Hey! Maybe you can get into the movies.
我听说皮匠三人组正在寻找第四个成员呢
I hear The Three Stooges are looking for a fourth one.
格斯:给钱吧 先生们
GUS: Ante up, gents.
玩梭哈 要学我
Fivecard stud. Like me.
小子你最好给我发点好牌啊
You better give me something I can work with this time, kid,
不然我就要你好看
or I’ll run your hind parts back to nursery school.
瑞德:1941年9月6日
RED: September 6th, 1941.
一天挣个几块钱也就只能维持生存
Working for my supper and few bucks is just surviving.
我不想跟那个胖子或老人一样
I don’t want to end up like the fat man or the old guy,
到了那个年龄还在挖坑谋生
digging holes when I’m their age.
本来他们这个年纪可以大把大把收钱的
They should be raking in the money as their own bosses by now.
格斯:他拿到什么牌了?
GUS: He’s got what?
真是快呀
Well, so quick to the punch.
来吧 瑞德 你要去哪儿?
Come on, Red, where you going?
桌子上年纪大的人太多了
There’s too many old guys at this table.
雅各布:嘿 瑞德
JACOB: Hey, Red.
有什么事吗? 尔立先生
What can I do for you? Mr. Early..
我想知道怎么可以跟你一样 跟我一样吗?
I’d like to know how I can be you. Be me?
我想知道如何才能成功
I want to know everything I can about how to be successful.
就像你一样 我想…我想知道怎么取得你这样的成就
Just like you are. I want…I wanna know how to get what you have.
坐下吧
Have a seat
成功
Success
嗯…
Hm…
那个…
Well…
成功需要很多东西 孩子
Success takes a lot of things, son.
很多因素具备了才行
A lot of things working together.
我看你不想做个跟随者
I guess you don’t want be a sheep.
而是想做领头羊
You want to be the bellwether.
领头羊?
The bellwether?
也就是领袖啊 孩子
The leader, son.
带领众人
A leader of men.
走向成功
To make things successful for yourself.
如果我提前一天把围栏弄好 你是不是可以省点钱?
If I get that fence finished a day early, does that save you any money?
当然 是可以省钱
Sure. On fied. Yeah, you bet.
省下的钱能分一部分给我吗 我明天就能把围栏做完
You split those savings with me, I’ll have that fence finished by tomorrow.
我欣赏你 孩子 但是做不完的
I do like you, son.But it ain’t gonna happen.
我们拭目以待
We’ll see.
嗯…
Hm…
瑞德在哪里? 他的床是铺好的
Where’s Red? His bed’s made.
这小兔崽子 不是跑了吧
That little son of a gun!Better not have quit on us.
我们还有两天就可以把围栏做完了
We’ve only got two days left to finish that fence.
格斯:怎么回事 瑞德?
GUS: What the heck, Red?
你都多做了100码的围栏了
You’ve pushed this fence down a hundred yards since yesterday.
你什么时候来的? 3点
When did you come out here? 3:00.
3什么? 凌晨3点
Threewhat? Three in the morning.
男:为什么? 瑞德:为什么不呢?
MAN: Why? RED: Why not?
我们越快把围栏修好 我们就能早点得到报酬
Sooner we get this fence done,sooner we get paid.
那倒是 但是干嘛要少干一天的活呢?
Yeah, but why would we want to cut off another day of work?
老板又不会按日付给我们钱
Boss ain’t paying us by the day.
我们做好了才付给我们钱
He’s paying us by the finished fence.
如果我们分成两组 一组三人
Now, I figure if we work in two groups of three,
就可以提高效率 一个人负责测量和挖坑
we can move even faster.One man measures and digs,
另一个人放置木桩 第三个人负责安装
the next man places the post,the third buries it,
把线装好 然后再做下一个已经挖好的坑
they place the wire, and they move to the next hole that’s already been dug.
就跟流水线一样 怎么样? 我们开工吧!
Like an assembly line.All right? Let’s go!
大个子 这是给你的 谢谢 非常感谢你
Big guy, here you are. Thank you very much.
给你 非常感谢你
There you go. Thank you very much.
你的在这儿 非常感谢你
There you are. Thank you very much.
哦 对了
Oh, yeah.
要多给一点
And a little extra here.
非常感谢你
Thank you very much.
我这一辈子从没见过这么多的钱
I’ve never seen this much money in one place in my life.
你是领头羊 孩子
You were the bellwether, kid.
而且你是提前一天完成了任务 没有想到你能做到
And you came in a day early.Didn’t think it could be done.
谢谢 你是最出色的
Thank you. You best now.
再过一个月你要是还在这附近的话 过来看看
If you’re still around these parts,in a month or so, stop by.
我可能有工作安排你做
I might have a job to give you.
我并不嫉妒你多挣些钱
I don’t begrudge you making some extra money,
不过这是你最后一次赢过我 小滑头
but that’s the last time you’llever one up me, Slick.
多莉 给我一个五分熟多汁的大汉堡
Dolly, bring me a big,juicy hamburger, medium rare.
带走 多莉:马上就好 威斯克先生
Pack it up to go. DOLLY: Coming right up, Mr. Wescott.
孩子 嘴巴张这么大 会掉苍蝇进去的
Gonna catch flies with your trap open like that, kid.
对不起 我不是故意盯着看的 先生它只是…
Sorry, I didn’t mean to stare, sir.It’s just…
不过我从来没见过这样的皮带扣
I’ve never seen a belt buckle like that before.
定制的 看起来很贵
Had it custom made. Looks expensive.
哦 那是肯定的
Oh, you can be sure of it.
我准备去加州闯闯
I’m headed to California to seek my fortune.
加利福尼亚 干嘛要去那么远的地方
California? What do you wanna go all the way out there for?
德克萨斯州钱更多
More money here in Texas.
我看到的都是些草原啊
It’s just cow pastures far as I can see.
你看得不够深入
You’re just not looking deep enough.
相信我 德克萨斯州的财富多得不可思议
Trust me, there’s more of it in Texas than God knows what to do with.
多莉:一共3.5美元 威斯克先生
DOLLY: That’ll be $3.50, Mr. Wescott.
你说的是石油吧 先生?
You’re talking about oil,aren’t you, mister?
不用找了 多莉 给自己买♥♥点和那张漂亮脸蛋相配的东西
Keep the change, Dolly. Buy yourself something to go with that pretty face.
天哪 谢谢你 威斯克先生
Goodness. Thank you, Mr. Wescott.
我说得对吗? 是石油
Am I right? It’s oil.
石油…
oil…
想不到你都弄坏了 抱歉
I cannot believe you broke it already. Sorry.
你好
Howdy.
哦! #*&@…
Oh! gugdy…
你说什么来着?
Did you say “gugdy?”
呃~厄
Nuhuh
(耳语)他说话有点怪 但是挺帅的
(WHISPERS) He’s kind of a strange talker, but he’s cute.
邀请他参加舞会吧
Invite him to the dance.
泰勒高中体育馆有一场青少年舞会
There’s a teen dance over at the Tyler High School gym.
你是个青少年吧?
You’re a teen, right?
嗯嗯
Mmhm
太好了
That’s swell.
海报上有介绍
Directions are on the flyer.
希望在那里能见到你
Hope to see you there.
好了 再见
OK, bye.
女孩甲:也许他是国外来的
GIRL A: Maybe he’s from a foreign country.
女孩乙:我不觉得
GIRL B: I don’t think that’s it.
女孩甲:也许他精神有问题… 女孩乙:别瞎说 他只是害羞而已
GIRL A: Maybe he’s mentally… GIRL B: Stop it. He’s just shy.
来吧 瑞德 你能做到的
Come on, Red. You can do this.
你来啦 来吧 宝贝 这是我们的歌♥呢!
You made it? Come on, doll, it’s our song!
嘿 格斯…我想是这位小伙子先来的
Hey, Gus…I think this young man was here first.
你是想邀请我跳舞的吧
You did want to ask me to dance, right?
是你
You
你简直就是牛皮癣啊

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!