What are you doing?
我有了未来
I had a future.
豪尔赫 这些结果都一样
Jorge, these results are the same.
对 同样的试验
Yes, same experiment.
我们不是说好了吗
What did we agree on?
我们必须反复试验
We have to test, test, and test.
事实决定成败
We live and die by facts.
事实是…
Facts are…
你理了发
You’ve had a haircut.
这是事实
That is a fact.
这件衬衫是新的
And that shirt is new.
也是事实
Also a fact.
你已经决定了吗
You’ve decided?
你要求婚了
You will propose!
这是猜测
That’s speculation.
不 是推论
No, a deduction.
错误的推论
An incorrect deduction.
我早就求婚了
I already asked.
今晚我们要讨论细节
Tonight we’ll discuss the details.
所以你不打算当神父了
So, you won’t be a priest.
合理的结论 艾丝特
A logical conclusion, Esther.
你为什么花了这么久
What took you so long?
我必须聆听
I had to listen to…
祂是否对我有其它安排
you know, if He had other plans for me.
他
He?
祂
He.
这个国家的神父已经够多了
This country doesn’t need another priest.
我要重做试验
I’ll redo the tests.
-下一次 别糊弄我 -我保证
– Next time, don’t fool me. – Promise.
豪尔赫
Jorge!
你会成为一名好父亲的
You’re going to be a great father.
你真美
You’re beautiful!
这束花最漂亮
The prettiest ones.
我看起来如何
How do I look?
很英俊
Very handsome!
好的 非常感谢
Bueno, muchas gracias.
进来
Come in.
进来
Come in.
不 神父 我只是路过
No, Father, I was just passing.
请保佑我 神父 因我有罪
Bless me, Father, for I have sinned.
我在听 孩子
I’m listening, my son.
我们开始之前 能问您点事吗
Before we start, may I ask you something?
我没在附近见过您 您是哪里人
I haven’t seen you around. Where are you from?
帕琪帕提西亚
Parque Patricios.
我有时会来这里做弥撒
Sometimes I come here to give Mass.
我在祈祷您不是飓风队的球迷
I’m praying you’re not a Huracan supporter.
你的祷告应验了
Your prayers have been answered.
我就住在附近 在神父病患之家
I live close by in the priests’ home for the sick.
您照顾病人
You tend to the sick.
不 我就是病人
No. I’m one of them.
我得了癌症
I have cancer.
白血病
Leukemia.
那您为什么来这里 神父
Then why are you here, Father?
我今早醒来
I woke up this morning,
天主让我来听告解
the Lord asked me to hear confession.
但没人来…
But no one came…
除了你
until you.
你有什么困扰
What is troubling you?
我听着呢 孩子
I’m listening, son.
前些日子 我曾祈求主的旨意
Some time ago, I asked for a sign.
也许…
Perhaps…
祂现在就在给予我
He’s giving it now.
也许是祂让我来和你谈话
Maybe He wanted me here to speak with you.
和我
With me?
对
Sì.
现在你知道天主正注视着我们
Now you know our Father is watching.
你可以开始告解了
You can confess.
说出你的心事
Free your heart.
-贝尔格里奥 -谢谢
– Bergoglio. – Gracias.
谢谢
Gracias.
-贝尔格里奥 -是
– Bergoglio. – Yes.
-欢迎回家 -谢谢
– Welcome home. – Thank you.
-你好吗 -很好
– How are you? – Good.
你知道你放弃了什么吗
Do you know what you’re saying no to?
-知道 -是吗
– Yes. – Yes?
我有过一个爱人 所以…
She even has a name. So…
你以后得学会用另一种方式爱她
You will have to learn to love her in another way.
爱有很多方式 知道吗
Love has many faces. Sì?
假如认为人没有爱也能生存 那就大错特错了
It’s a big mistake to think one can live without love.
知道吗
Sì?
我还有圣洛伦索队
I still have San Lorenzo.
我现在明白 我的路早就注定了
I can see now there was never an alternative.
我和那个神父在那天相遇
That priest, that day, me finding him there.
即便我过门不入
Even if I’d passed by,
天主也会用其它方式来呼召我
God would have found another way to call me.
你是这么地确信
You have such certainty.
是的
Yes.
我也确信祂想要我退休
And I’m certain… He wants me to retire.
请别在今晚说这个
Not this evening, please.
我知道我们有所不同 存在分歧
I know we have our differences, our disagreements,
但今晚
but, please, this evening,
就当成一次兄弟聚会 好吗
let’s be… simply brothers together, shall we?
你会弹奏钢琴或其它乐器吗
Do you play the piano or any instrument?
不会 但我知道您会
No. No, but I know you do.
您录过一张专辑
You, uh… you made an album.
《来自梵蒂冈的音乐:母校》
Music from the Vatican: Alma Mater.
对 我录过
That’s right, I did.
你有那张专辑吗
Have you a copy of the album?
有的 有的 当然
Oh, yes, yes. Por supuesto.
我可以给你签名
I could sign it for you.
那太好了
Yes, please.
也许您可以弹首曲子
Perhaps you could play something now.
我有点疏于练习 但…
Well, I… I’m a bit out of practice, but…
我试试看
let’s see, I’ll try.
这首曲子是贝多伊齐·史麦塔纳所作
Now, this little piece by Bedrich Smetana,
他是我最喜欢的捷克人
my favorite Czech,
是一首摇篮曲
and, it’s a lullaby.
看看我能弹成什么样
Let’s see what I can do.
他命运悲惨
He lived a tragic life, you know.
是啊
Yeah, well.
总之…
Anyway, so…
你知道…
You know, the, um…
这张专辑是在伦敦一个著名的录音室录制的
this album was recorded in a… a famous studio in London.
我被告知 我应该深感荣幸
I was told, uh, I should be very honored
因为披头士在那里录过歌♥
because the Beatles had been there.
你知道披头士吗
Do you know the Beatles?
嗯 我知道他们
Yes, I know who they are.
当然了
Of course you do.
《艾琳·卢比》
“Eleanor Rigby.”
-谁 -《艾琳·卢比》
– Who? – “Eleanor Rigby.”
-我不认识 -《黄色潜水艇》里的
– I don’t know her. – You know, Yellow Submarine.
-抱歉 我不知道她… -那张专辑 《黄色潜水艇》
– Sorry, I don’t know who she… – The album, Yellow Submarine.
《黄色潜水艇》 好傻
Yellow Submarine? That’s silly.
真好笑
It’s very funny.
是的 我不记得那个…
Yes, I… I can’t remember where the…
录音室在哪 是…
studio was, it was a…
是个类似教堂的地方
But, uh, it was like a church or something.
艾比路
Abbey Road.
Abbey意为修道院
修道院 威斯敏斯特修道院吗 对 那条路
Abbey, the Abbey? Yes, the road.
艾比路 您去了艾比路吗
Abbey Road. You went to Abbey Road?