great men of the Church who preyed on children.
-对此我们做了什么 -我们正在处理这个问题
– And what did we do? – We are addressing this.
我们听了他们的告解
We heard their confession,
然后把他们调到另一个教区
then moved them on to another parish
让他们从头开始
where they could start all over again.
我们当时以为如果他们告解了…
We believed if they confessed…
我们当时以为
Oh, we believed it was better
与其让九百万人因为一桩丑闻失去信仰
if nine children suffered
不如只让九个孩子忍♥受折磨
than if nine million lost their faith because of a scandal?
不 当然不是 这太荒唐了
No, of course not. That is grotesque.
一位主教 一位主教是这么告诉我的
A bishop! A bishop said that to me!
那你是怎么回答他的
And how did you answer him?
我让他把那位神父免职
I told him to remove the priest from his ministry
按教规对他进行审判 立刻执行
and initiate a canonical trial. Straight away.
我不相信那位神父说几句咒语
I didn’t believe a few magic words from the priest
一切就会恢复如初了
would make everything all right again.
咒语 你就是这么看待圣事的吗
Magic words? Is that how you describe the sacrament?
告解可以净化罪人的灵魂
Confession cleans the sinner’s soul.
但它帮不了受害者
It does not help the victim.
罪过是一道伤口
Sin is a…a wound,
不是一块污迹
not a stain.
它需要被医治 被治疗
It needs to be healed, to be treated.
仅仅宽恕是不够的
Forgiveness is not enough.
你嘴上说着”我们”
You say “We,”
-但你想说这是我的错 -不
– but you mean I’m the one to blame. – No.
-教宗 拜托 -你的抗♥议♥ 听着
– Holy Father. Please. – Your protest… Listen to me.
你的卸任是对圣座的抗♥议♥
Your resignation is a protest against the Holy See,
-而你在请求我的批准 -不
– and you’re asking me to ratify it. – No.
你说你不想再担任枢机主教了
You say you no longer wish to be cardinal archbishop.
我问你 你确定你还想当一名神父吗
I ask you, are you sure you still wish to be a priest?
你说的话我完全不认同
I don’t agree with anything you say.
-谢谢你 -不客气
– Thank you. – You’re welcome.
教宗要休息到晚餐的时候
The Holy Father has retired now until dinner.
我来带您去您的房♥间
I’m to show you to your room.
我的房♥间
My room?
是的
Yes.
请跟我来
Come. Please.
但是
But, uh…
教宗呢
What about His Holiness?
-教宗独自用餐 -为什么
– The pope eats alone. – Why?
他喜欢这样
He prefers it that way.
但他给您安排了同样的晚餐
But he has arranged for you both to eat the same meal.
他母亲的家常菜
Just as his mother used to make it.
一道典型的巴伐利亚菜
A typical Bavarian dish,
德国酸菜饺子
Knödel mit Sauerkraut.
这…
Well…
是 我知道
Yes, I know.
有时候 他用完晚餐会来这里休息
After dinner, sometimes, he comes here to relax.
这里真美 不是吗
It’s beautiful, huh?
是啊
Yeah.
若望教宗
Well, Papa John.
我能不能…
Se posso…
当然
Certo.
好的 谢谢
Sì, grazie.
-再见 尊敬的枢机 -谢谢
– Arrivederci, eminenza. – Oh, grazie.
真棒 做得好
Bravo. Well done.
你今天走了一万步
You did 10,000 steps today.
-恭喜 -我的步数目标
– Congratulations. – Ah, my goal.
我的医生给我定的
My doctor gave it to me.
他说 “以八十六岁而言您的身体很棒
He said, “You are in good shape for 86,
但以人类来说就太差了”
but very bad shape for a human being.”
我觉得他是在开玩笑
I believe this was a joke.
-不不不 不用关 -不行
– No, no, no, no, please. – No, no.
-别关 -不
– No, no. – No.
-不用关 -不
– Please. – No.
-我知道你喜欢足球 -不
– I know you love football. – No.
我一直体会不到足球的激♥情♥所在
I’ve never understood the excitement myself.
真的吗 世界杯期间也体会不到吗
Really? Not even during the World Cup?
您的国家队和我的国家队
You know, your national team and mine, we…
明年可能会在决赛碰面
we could be in the final together next year.
他们和阿根廷队势均力敌
They could be a match for Argentina.
是吗 那很好
Yeah? That’s good.
请坐
Please sit.
教宗
Holy Father…
-请您看一下我的辞职信 -不不不
– I want you to look at my papers, please. – No, no, no…
-不 这是 但我的信 -不不不
– No, this is… But my papers, – No, no, no…
-我真的… -别这样
– I really… – No, please.
拜托您了 我来这里就是为了这件事
Please, no, this is the reason I’m here.
不
Nein.
我知道你喜欢谈话 但我累坏了
I know you like to talk, but I’m exhausted.
请坐
Please, sit down.
我们就安静地坐一会儿 请坐
Let’s just be quiet together. Please sit.
很好
Good.
太累了
Get so tired.
-你想喝茶还是咖啡 -不用了 谢谢
– Would you like a tea or coffee? – No, thank you.
我大半夜喝咖啡就会失眠
I find if I drink coffee too late at night, I can’t sleep.
我也是
Me too.
最难的是聆听…
You know, the hardest thing is to listen…
聆听祂的旨意
to hear His voice.
天主的旨意
God’s voice.
什么 连教宗也是如此吗
Sorry, even for a pope?
也许教宗更是如此
But perhaps especially for a pope.
很久之前 我还年轻时
You know, when I was a young man, hundreds of years ago,
我总是知道祂对我的期望 知道天主想要什么
I always knew what He wanted of me. What God wanted, what…
对我的安排是什么
purpose He had for me.
但现在…
But now…
我不知道
I don’t know.
也许我需要更专注地聆听
Perhaps I need to listen more intently.
你觉得呢 贝尔格里奥枢机
What do you think, Cardinal Bergoglio?
什么
What?
是啊
Yeah.
也许我需要一个…
I think, perhaps, I need a…
神灵助听器
a spiritual hearing aid.
谁真正知道呢
Who does know?
我第一次听到旨意时 无论那是什么
You know, when I first heard that voice, whatever that was…
祂的旨意 天主的旨意
His voice, God’s voice…
给我带来了安宁
it brought me peace.
如此安宁
Such peace.
你肯定也感受过
You must have felt that?
呼召 是的
The call, yes.
那种安宁…
The peace…
我不会称之为安宁
I wouldn’t call it peace.
卖♥♥出一百八十张票
180 tickets sold.
很好
Great.
-可以下班了吗 -当然
– Am I free? – Sure!
谢谢
Gracias.
谢谢
Gracias.
这世界有时很喧嚣
You know, the world can be chaotic.
而喧嚣中也有美丽之处
And there’s beauty in that.
布宜诺斯艾利斯
1956年
我小时候就萌生了要当神父的想法
I started to think about being a priest when I was a kid.
我没打定主意 所以我祖母说
I wasn’t sure, so my grandmother said,
“祈求天主给予旨意”
“Ask God for a sign.”
你好
Hola.
我照做了
I did.
一无所获
Nothing.
我感觉被遗弃了
I felt abandoned.
所以我继续生活
So, I got on with life.
我有了工作
I had a job.
我有了阿玛利亚
I had Amalia.
你在做什么