昨天你说过
You know, yesterday you said, uh…
“生活是不断变化的”
“Life is never static.”
对吧
Yeah?
那么
Well…
我想说
You know…
领导不是靠权力 也不是靠智慧
you lead… not by power and not by intellect,
领导靠的是
but you lead by…
尤其是你 你靠的是
you particularly, you lead by…
你的生活方式 或曾经的生活方式
the way you live or the way you have lived.
你已经改变了
You’ve changed.
那个曾经的我…
That man is…
仍然存在于我的内心
is still inside me.
那种疑虑 依然存在
That doubt, it… it still exists.
你觉得你的罪过剥夺了你的资格
You think your sins disqualify you,
但我们都是罪人
but we are all sinners.
现在 请听我的告解
Now, please, hear my confession.
怎么 你不让我告解吗 贝尔格里奥
Well, would you deny me a confession, Bergoglio?
不 别跪下 请别跪下 教宗
No, no, don’t kneel. Don’t kneel. Please, Holy Father.
请坐
Sit, please.
我觉得要是我坐下 那就成了非正式的告解
I think if I sit, it’ll have to be an informal confession.
我该说什么
What should I say?
我不知道 你一般会说什么
I don’t know. What do you usually say?
您上一次告解是什么时候
How long since your last confession?
七八天前
Eight… seven… eight days.
那这段时间您是否犯了重大罪过
And have you sinned greatly in that…
抱歉 我不是在暗示您…
I’m sorry, I… I don’t mean to imply that you…
我当然犯了罪过
Of course I’ve sinned.
许多轻微并可原谅的小罪
Several numerous venial sins, and…
但是我太老了 变得健忘
But I’m getting too old and, forgetful
记不清到底是什么罪过
to remember what they are.
-还能这么说吗 -能
– Can you say that? – Yeah.
我都不知道还能这么说 挺管用的
I didn’t know you could say that. That’s… That’s useful.
我对您犯下了罪过 天主
I’ve sinned against you, Lord, whom I
我本该爱您胜过一切
should love above all things.
作为您的孩子 我辜负了您
As a child, I failed you first by not…
首先 我没有勇气去体味生活
having the courage to taste of life itself.
反而 我躲进书本和研究之中
Instead, I hid away in books, and then study.
我现在知道这
I know now that this…
让我缺乏对这个世界了解
left me empty and void of the world…
而这个世界正是教会应该帮助的
for which the Church is… meant to help.
继续说
Go on.
还记得马希尔神父吗
Remember Father Maciel?
十二年前有人声称
There were claims 12 years ago
他猥亵男童的行为
that his molesting of boys
持续了几十年
continued for decades…
对 对于分配给这个神父的职责
Yes, I did not give sufficient attention
我没有给予足够的重视
to the duties assigned to this one priest.
足够的重视
Sufficient attention?
一个村庄又一个村庄
Village after village?
对
Yeah.
-但你早就知道 -对 我本该知道的
– But you knew! – Yes, I should’ve known.
我本该知道的
I should’ve known.
-相关事实被呈交给我 -你说过还有更多
– The facts were sent to me. – You said there was more.
我的桌上放着证据 但是…
Evidence was placed on my desk, but…
你忘了去爱你本该保护的子民
You forgot to love the people you are meant to protect.
是的
Yes.
-我请求宽恕 -教宗
– I ask forgiveness. – Father…
如果您要退位只是出于这个原因
if this is the sole reason you wish to resign,
您留下来治愈已造成的伤痛 就更为重要
it is even more important that you stay, heal the wound.
-听我说 -完成您已经开始的工作
– Listen to me. – Complete the work you have begun.
你看 我给你的每个理由都不够
You see, every reason I give you is not enough.
那我再跟你说一遍
So, let me tell you again,
我不能再坐在圣彼得宝座上了
I can no longer sit on the Chair of Saint Peter.
-您错了 -我感受不到天主的存在
– You’re mistaken. – I cannot feel the presence of God.
我听不见祂的声音了 你明白吗
I do not hear His voice, do you understand me?
不 您错了 您弄错了
No. No, you’re mistaken. You are mistaken.
我相信天主 我向天主祷告
I believe in God. I pray to God!
却毫无回音
Silence!
我无法再扮演这个角色了
I cannot play this role anymore.
我很遗憾
I’m so sorry.
从小时候起
Since I was a child, as a boy,
我一直能感受到祂就在我身边
I always felt His presence with me, at my side.
我的一生都是独身生活
For my entire life, I have been alone,
但在此之前 我从未感到孤独
but never lonely, until now.
我为您难过
I’m so sorry.
嗯
Yeah.
但最近两天 我听见祂的声音了
But now I can hear His voice these last two days.
我又听见祂的声音了
I’ve heard His voice again.
-那很好 -是啊
– I’m glad. – Yes.
而祂的声音是通过我最意想不到的方式传达的
And the voice is the last one I expected to hear Him speak with.
通过你的声音
It was your voice.
-不 -是的
– No. – Yeah.
我就想 或许我听不见祂的声音
I think, perhaps, I could not hear Him
不是因为祂要离我而去
not because He was withdrawing from me,
而是因为祂在说
but because He was saying,
“去吧 我忠实的仆人”
“Go, my faithful servant.”
天主 仁慈的父
God, the Father of mercies,
已经派圣神来到我们之中
has sent the Holy Spirit among us
以宽恕我们的罪过
for the forgiveness of sins.
愿主宽恕您 给予您安宁
May God grant you His pardon and peace.
而我赦免您的罪行
And I absolve you of your sins.
并且提醒您
And remind you…
真♥相♥虽然至关重要
that truth may be vital,
但没有了爱
but without love,
真♥相♥会变得难以承受
it is unbearable.
《在真理中我们实践爱德》 您的著作
Caritas in veritate. Your book.
对
Yeah.
以父 及子 及圣神之名
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
阿门
Amen.
阿门
Amen.
你卸下了我肩上的重担
You have lifted a great burden from my shoulders.
您把重担放在了我肩上
You have placed a heavy one on mine.
还有别的出口吗 还是我应该叫保安
Is there another way out, or shall I call security?
不 我已经在保安身后躲了太久
No, no, no, I’ve hidden behind security long enough.
不必 他们都是我的子民
No, they’re my people.
我是他们的教宗 至少现在还是
I’m their pope. At least, for now.
来吧 我们走
Come on, let’s go.
借过 谢谢
Scusi. Grazie.
借过 早安 早安
Scusi. Buongiorno. Buongiorno.
早安 早安 谢谢
Buongiorno. Buongiorno. Grazie.
早安 早安
Buongiorno. Buongiorno.
-早安 -不 别去 由他去吧
– Buongiorno. – No, no, no, no. Leave… Leave him.
你看 他多开心
Look, he’s happy.
让他享受这一刻吧
Let him have his moment.
要回家了你一定很开心
You must be pleased to go home.
说英语太累了
Speaking English is exhausting.
这语言太糟糕了 规则太多 例外也太多
Terrible language, so many exceptions to so many rules.
没错
Sí.
记住
Remember…
沉默的化身
silence incarnate.
你知道圣方济各的故事吗
Do you know the story of St. Francis?
当天主要求他
When he was asked to…
去复兴祂的教会时
told by God to restore His Church,
他以为祂指的是用砖瓦修复教堂
he thought He meant bricks and mortar.
可怜的圣方济各
Poor St. Francis.
就连他都会犯错 误解旨意
Even he made mistakes and got things wrong.
-是啊 -是啊
– Yeah. – Yeah.
那么
Well.
教宗 再见
Holy Father. Bye.
-再见 -不 抱一下吧
– Bye. – No, please.