how convenient it was that you should think that you had shot him.
-请你原谅我这么想 -挺自然的
– You must forgive me for thinking that. – Only natural.
这就是为什么我觉得亏欠了你
That’s why I felt… I still feel under an obligation to you.
噢 别提了 我们忘了它吧
Oh, not at all. Let’s forget it.
不行 我们不能这样做 这对你不公平
No, we mustn’t do that. It would hardly be fair to you…
我是指你埋了不是你杀的人
I mean, for you to go through life knowing that you had buried a man you didn’t kill.
你帮我顶替了罪行
You would have my crime on your conscience.
是我的荣幸 噢 不好意思
It’s a pleasure, I’m sure.
别这样
But no.
现在我意识到 哈里这个人已经完全丧失理智
Now I realize that Harry man was out of his mind, and…
而我说做的代表正义
my action was justifiable,
没理由我们不让警方知道
there’s no reason we shouldn’t let the authorities know about it.
-警方 -这样一切都真♥相♥大白了
The authorities? Then everything will be cleared up nicely.
我想加尔文 维格斯 和那些警♥察♥
I’m sure Calvin Wiggs and the police…
不会对我们的解释有所疑惑
won’t make a fuss about it when we explain.
-或许还不用被记入案底 -别天真了 夫人
Perhaps it needn’t get into the papers at all. Don’t you believe it, ma’am.
这可是他们所喜欢的素材 案底
They love it, the papers, this kind of thing.
谋杀 动机
Murder and passion.
你就别管哈里了 忘了所发生的一切吧
You let Harry be. Just forget it ever happened,
就好像山姆 我和 詹尼弗 罗杰斯那样
the same as Sammy and me and Jennifer Rogers are going to do.
噢 但那可不是你所杀的人啊
Oh, but… but it isn’t your body.
毕竟 他是我杀的 所以我这样说才通情达理
After all, I killed him, so it’s only fair that I should have the say-so.
-对 但 -你不这么认为吗
Yes, but… Well, in a way… DOn’t yOu agree?
我想你是的 船长
I thought you would. I tell you what, Captain.
-现在我们去拿把铁锹 -但 夫人
We’ll go and get a spade now. But, ma’am…
我们把他挖出来后 我们就回到我的家
And after we’ve dug him up, we’ll go back to my place…
我会给你煮点热巧克力
and I’ll make you some hot chocolate.
安尼卡累得够呛了 他睡了一天一夜
Arnie’s so tired he’ll sleep all day and half the night.
詹尼弗 我觉得你的房♥子挺漂亮的
I think you’ve got a pretty house,Jennifer.
这是我用罗伯特的 保险金装♥修♥的
It’s the best I could do on Robert’s insurance.
-要糖吗 -不要 斋啡
Sugar? No, black, thanks.
有点好笑 但
It’s funny, but…
我觉得和你在一块挺舒服的 山姆
I feel awful comfortable with you, Sam.
你知道吗 我也有同感
You know, I feel the same way too.
感觉挺好的
It’s a good feeling,
能有人和自己的感觉是一样的
feeling comfortable with someone who feels that way too.
但有件事让我挺担心的
There is one thing I feel uncomfortable about.
告诉我 我来帮你照料
Tell me what it is, and I’ll take care of it for you.
哈里 哈里怎样了
It’s Harry? What about Harry?
哈里 别想他了
Harry? Don’t you think about Harry.
哈里已经归于尘土了 他成了永恒 是过去了
Harry’s part of the earth. He’s with eternity, the ages.
听我的话 哈里成为历史了
Take my word for it. Harry’s ancient history.
进来吧 不管是谁
Come in, whoever it is.
怎么啦
What happened?
山姆 我有事要告诉你
Sam, I’ve got Something to tell you.
不 船长 我有事要告诉他
No, Captain, I have something to tell him.
究竟什么事啊
Now who’s going to tell what?
我用我的高跟鞋杀了哈里
I killed Harry Worp with the leather heel of my hiking shoe.
-是你杀的 我们要去通知加尔文 维格斯
– So it was you. – We’re on our way to get Calvin Wiggs,
-让他通知联邦警♥察♥ 我劝她这根本没必要
and have him call the state police. I keep telling her there’s no need.
他说得对 而且那样不是 很妥当 哈里死了也被埋了
He’s right and, uh, besides, it’d be indecent. Harry’s dead and buried.
山姆 我有件事要告诉你
Sam, I’ve got something to tell you.
你不会又挖起他了吧
You haven’t dug him up again.
噢 我
Well, l…
我坚持要这样做 马洛先生
I insisted, Mr. Marlow.
你还不明白吗
Don’t you understand?
你没必要害怕 这是我要说的
You have nothing to fear. It’s my concern entirely.
怀尔斯船长把所有情况 告诉我之后
As soon as Capt. Wiles told me the full circumstances of his being here,
我就知道没什么 好躲躲闪闪的了
I knew there was nothing for me to hide.
你对哈里知道多少
You know all about Harry?
我是知道的 罗杰斯夫人 而且
I’m afraid I do, Mrs. Rogers, and…
而且没人会多嘴一位女士 和疯子的事
and after all, nobody could possibly gossip about a lady and a maniac.
你真让人意想不到
You’d be surprised.
你可能还不知道谋杀意味着什么 格勒夫利小姐
You don’t quite understand what murder involves, Miss Gravely.
是没完没了的审问和拍照
It’d be hours and hours of questioning and photographs,
而你的私人生活会 被报纸乱说一通
and the whole of your private life spread indecently in the newspapers.
你怎么这样说我的私人生活 这么糟糕啊
What makes you think my private life is indecent?
我不是这意思 我是指他们侦查的手段很肮脏
I didn’t mean that. I meant that the way they pry is indecent.
他们恨不得你死 这就是报纸 摄影师 侦探了
They’ll hound you to death. There’ll be newspapermen, photographers, detectives.
-我已经决定了 -她看起来像是了
– I’ve made up my mind. – She certainly has.
是怀尔斯船长劝我
It was Capt. Wiles here who persuaded me to call…
给罗杰斯夫人电♥话♥并告诉她 我打算如何做
and tell Mrs. Rogers what I proposed to do.
毕竟 她和这件事也有点关系
After all, she is most closely connected with the business.
你觉得呢 罗杰斯夫人
What do you think about it, Mrs. Rogers?
我不懂你们怎么把哈里 这事弄成这样
I can’t see why you’re all making such a fuss about Harry.
如果他已经被埋了 我不明白你为何又要挖起他
If he was buried, I don’t see why you had to dig him up.
但既然你这样做了 我想你最好做你觉得是最恰当的
But since you have, I guess you’d better do what you think best.
我不管你怎样处置哈里 只要你别弄活他就行了
I don’t care what you do with Harry, as long as you don’t bring him back to life.
-那我可以放开手做了 -只要你愿意
– I have a free hand, then. – Free as a bird.
而我知道的就是 那已经成为历史了
As far as I’m concerned, it’s ancient history.
等等 詹尼弗
Wait a minute,Jennifer.
我想我们忘了什么
I think we’ve forgotten something.
你有没考虑过 如果这件事 公之于众 那么你的婚姻
Do you realize if this thing comes out, that all the details of your marriage…
不就成了公众事件了
will be public property?
-噢 -我得承认 我还真没想到这点
– Oh. – I must confess, I hadn’t thought of that, either.
-你这次把哈里放在哪儿 -就摆在橡树旁
– Where’d you put Harry this time? – Over by the big oak tree.
我去拿铁铲
I’ll get my shovel.
恐怕我给你们带来麻烦了
I’m afraid I’m causing you rather a lot of hard work.
-对不起 -别客气了
I’m sorry. Not at all, not at all.
噢 我来拿吧
Well, let’s all go up there.
你知道吧 我之前还没出席过葬礼
You know, I’ve never been to a homemade funeral before.
我出席过
I have.
这是我的第三次
This is my third.
都集中在一天了
All in one day.
噢 让我们上土吧
Well, let’s get it over with.
好的
Yes.
我想我们该拿水泥加固
I think we ought to cement it over.
明年春天 我会种些蓝莓
Next spring I’ll set out some blueberry bushes.
你能不能种点别的 丁香什么的
Couldn’t you make it something else? Lilacs maybe?
我想还是顺其自然吧
I think nature’ll take good care of it.
-来点祷告吧 -我想不到有什么好说的
How about a little service? I can’t think of anything to say.
-而且我的手臂很疼 -没时间做祷告了
– Besides, my arms ache. – It’s too late to say prayers.
而且无论他会去哪儿 他现在就在这儿
Besides, wherever he was going, he’s there now.
再见了 哈里 我会原谅你的
Bye, Harry. I forgive you.
喇叭在欢迎哈里呢
Trumpets welcoming Harry.
-你也不是太清楚哈里 -我想画你现在的样子 詹尼弗
You didn’t know Harry. I’d like to paint you like that,Jennifer.
在月光的映衬下你非常的美
You look beautiful, glistening in the moonlight.
听起来像是从村子 那边传过来的
Sounds as if it’s coming down from near the village.
我知道是什么
I know what it is.
那是幻影公共马车的号♥召
It’s the call of the phantom stagecoach…
-200年前的每晚都会经过这儿 -幻影公共马车
that used to pass by here each night 2OO years ago. Phantom coach?
那条老的收费公路过去 是经过那儿的山丘
The old turnpike used to run across those foothills over there.
入夜后就好像拦路强盗
Oh, to be a highwayman on a night like this.
听到吗 有人在跑
Listen. Somebody’s running.
-马吧 -如果是马 应该会叫的
Horses? If it’s a horse, it’s learned how to shout.
-她在说什么 -待会我就知道了 她在跑过来
What’s she saying? We’ll know in a minute. She’s coming this way.
-山姆 马洛 -我是维格 老维格
Sam Marlow! It’s Wiggy. Old Wiggy.
马洛 马洛
Mr. Marlow! Mr. Marlow!
-维格 你来这儿干什么 我 他 你要
Wiggy, what on earth do you want? L… He… You… Wants…
-顺一下气吧 -他是个百万富翁
Catch your breath. He’s a millionaire.
-谁啊 -他要买♥♥你的画 马洛
Who? He wants to buy your pictures, Mr. Marlow.
-哪幅画 -所有或许会更多
Which pictures? All of’em and more besides.
他说你是个天才
He says you’re a genius.
他说得很对 但他要买♥♥了我 所有的画可挺让人难以置信的
He’s right, but it’s hard to believe he wants to buy all my pictures.
我也觉得很惊讶 但至少该和他聊聊吧
I’d be too curious to refuse at least to talk to him.
别错失良机了
Don’t turn down a good chance.
好的 我去和他谈谈
All right, I’ll talk to him.
-我们在挖檫木根 -檫木茶对你有好处
We’re digging sassafras root. Sassafras tea’s mighty good for you.
维格斯先生说它能在 他死之前治好他的关节炎
Mr. Wiggs always swore it cured his arthritis just before he died.
那个百万富翁开多少价
How much does the millionaire want to pay?
那幅看起来像是在雷暴中

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!