Say, how do rabbits get to be born?
-和大象一样 -噢 那当然
Same way elephants do. Oh, sure.
怎么以前没见你来过我家
How come you never came over to visit me before?
我以前不知道你有个 怎么美丽的妈妈啊 安尼卡
Didn’t know you had such a pretty mother, Arnie.
如果你认为她漂亮 你也该看看我的弹弓
If you think she’s pretty, you should see my slingshot.
-噢 或许我明天来 -什么时候呢
Hmm, perhaps I’ll come back tomorrow. When’s that?
-明天 -那是昨天 今天是明天
The day after today. That’s yesterday. Today’s tomorrow.
-是啊-昨天什么时候是明天啊 马洛先生
It was. When was tomorrow yesterday, Mr. Marlow?
-今天 -噢 当然 昨天
Today. Oh, sure. Yesterday.
你永远都搞不懂安尼卡的 他有自己的时间
You’ll never make sense out of Arnie. He’s got his own timing.
谢谢
Thank you.
-柠檬水 安尼卡 -我已经偷喝了两杯
Lemonade, Arnie? I already swiped two glasses.
-是我已经给了你两杯 -偷更有趣
I would’ve given you two glasses. It’s more fun swiped.
-我能借你的兔子吗 马洛先生 -当然 安尼卡
Can I borrow your rabbit, Mr. Marlow? Sure, Arnie.
你打算怎样处置它啊
What are you gonna do with it?
你永远不知道一只死的野兔 什么时候会派上用场的
You never know when a dead rabbit might come in handy.
它已经为我拿到了一只青蛙
It already got me one frog.
-安尼卡 你现在要去哪儿啊 -去做一些买♥♥卖♥♥
Arnie! Where are you going now? To make some more trades!
-安尼卡 准时回来吃午饭啊 -我尽量
Arnie, come home in time for supper. I’ll try.
你姓什么
What’s your given name?
如果你不想回答 就捏造一个吧
If you don’t want to tell me, just make one up.
詹尼弗 詹尼弗 罗杰斯
Jennifer. Jennifer Rogers.
听好听的 呃 那个在山上的人是谁
Nice. Um, who’s the man up on the path?
-什么人 -就是 哈里 那个死人
– What man? – You know, Harry, the dead man.
噢 他啊 他是我的丈夫
Oh, him. That’s my husband.
那么你的丈夫是死了
Your husband’s dead then?
-你的柠檬水够甜吗 –
Is your lemonade sweet enough? Seems to be.
-我喜欢酸点 -哈里是安尼卡的父亲了
I like it tart. Harry is Arnie’s father then?
不 安尼卡的父亲已经死了 -哈里也死了
No, Arnie’s father’s dead. So is Harry.
谢天谢地 他可能好得活不成了
Thank goodness. He was too good to live.
从他的相貌来看 他似乎不是太友善那种
From his looks, he didn’t appear to me to be the kind who was too good.
噢 他是挺友善的 非常的好
Well, he was. Horribly good.
我也喜欢你的嘴巴 特别当你所”好”的时候
I like your mouth too, especially when you say good.
-你要来多杯柠檬水吗 -等会儿吧 谢谢
Will you have some more lemonade? Maybe later. Thanks.
安尼卡是在哪儿得到这野兔的
Where’d Arnie get the rabbit?
他找到的 我想是怀尔斯船长射中的
He found it. I think Capt. Wiles shot it.
如果你不介意的话 我想听听关于你生活的故事
I’d like to hear more of your life story, if you don’t mind.
我们对哈里都所知甚少
You see, we don’t know quite what to do with Harry.
或许你能给点头绪
Thought you might have some suggestions.
你说他的一切都与我无关
Hmm. You can stuff him for all I care.
说饱他就把他丢进一个玻璃瓶
Stuff him and put him in a glass case,
而我唯一的建议 是冷却的玻璃瓶
only I’d suggest frosted glass.
除了娶了你 他还对你干了什么
What did he do to you, besides marry you?
听着 我多次向别人说起哈里
Look, I’ve wanted to explain about Harry a lot of times,
但没人能明白 而最不能明白的是哈里
But nobody would understand, least of all Harry.
但你 你有艺术家的头脑 或许你能看透
But you… You’ve got an artistic mind. You can see the finer things.
我可挺幸运的 继续 告诉我所以一切
When I’m lucky. Go on. Tell me everything.
都说出来吧
Let it all out.
很久以前 我在恋爱中
It was a long time ago and I was in love.
-我很投入 -他叫什么名字
I was too much in love. What was his name?
罗伯特
Robert.
我们都同意忽视对方的家人 和其它一切然后就结婚
We’d agreed to overlook each other’s families and everything and get married.
-是吗 -噢 对
Did you? Oh, yes.
-然后罗伯特就被杀了 -噢
And then Robert got killed. Oh?
我伤心了六周
I was heartbroken for six weeks.
然后我发现怀了安尼卡
Then I discovered little Arnie was on the way.
-真让人惊讶 -这时哈里就出现了
Must have been a shock. Well, that’s where Harry came in.
哈里是个英俊的英雄 哈里是个圣人
Harry the handsome hero. Harry the saint.
-哈里是最好的 -我没听清他的姓
Harry the good. I didn’t catch his last name.
哈里 沃普 罗伯特的哥哥
Harry Worp, Robert’s brother… his older brother.
他爱上你了
And he fell in love with you?
如果他爱上我了 我就不会这么烦了
If he’d have fallen in love with me, I wouldn’t have minded.
他想娶我 因为他是 罗伯特的哥哥而且有种优越感
He wanted to marry me because he was Robert’s brother and felt noble.
而你以为他爱上你了
But you thought he was in love with you?
因为有了安尼卡 所以我决定让他爱我
And I decided to let him love me because of Arnie.
就在我结婚的第二天晚上 我知道了真♥相♥
It was on my second wedding night that I learned the truth.
第一天你不知道
You didn’t learn on your first?
那是个可怕的真♥相♥
This was a terrible truth…
-关于哈里的真♥相♥ -发生了什么
the truth about Harry. Just what happened?
-你有多大了 马洛先生 -大概30岁
– How old are you, Mr. Marlow? – About thirty.
是这样的
This is what happened.
我自己在酒店里 我穿上最好的睡衣
I was in the hotel room alone. I put on my best nightie.
-你明白吗 -完全明白
– You understand? – Perfectly.
尽管我对哈里没有什么感觉
Although I had no true feeling for Harry,
但我还是让自己兴奋起来 因为我认为他爱我
I had worked myself into a certain enthusiasm because I thought he loved me.
可不容易啊
Must have been hard work.
那晚满月 我坐在窗边
There was a full moon, and I sat by the window…
因为我觉得这样更能 展现我的新睡衣
because I thought it would show off my new nightie to advantage.
-很自然 -我不知道我为何要和你说这个
– Naturally. – I don’t know why I’m telling you all this.
你可是个外人 我没让你觉得闷吧
You a perfect stranger too. I’m not boring you, am I?
没有 一点也不
No. No. Not at all.
-来到柠檬水怎样 -不用了
How about some more lemonade? Uh, soon. Soon.
-我说到哪儿了 -你坐在窗边因为那晚是满月
Oh, where was I? You were sitting by the window because there was a full moon,
你让自己兴奋起来
and you’d worked yourself up to a certain enthusiasm.
我都说了这个
I said all that?
嗯 哈里是什么时候进来的
Uh, when does Harry come in?
他没进来 他永远也没进来
He doesn’t. He never came in.
-他第二天打来电♥话♥ -第二天
He called the following morning. The following morning?
就在那天晚上 他在酒店的走廊里买♥♥了本杂♥志♥
In the hotel lobby the night before, he had bought a magazine.
-里面有他的星座 -不好吗
– His horoscope was in it. – Bad?
写着 他是金牛座
It said… He was a Taurus.
写着”那天千万别开展什么新项目”
It said, “Don’t start any new project that day.
“不会有好结果的”
It could never be finished.”
-你怎么办 -我离开了他 回到了我妈妈的家
And what did you do? I left him on the spot, and went home to Mother’s.
-结束 -真是让人心酸的故事
– The end. – What a poignant story.
-我知道你明白了 没人会明白的 -你母亲也不明白吗
I knew you’d understand. Nobody else does. Not even Mother?
噢 她以为我会回到他身边 但我没有
Well, she thought I should live with him, but I wouldn’t.
他来过让我回去 但都被我拒绝了
He pestered me to go back, but I always refused.
噢 想想 某天晚上我要他干什么
Well, suppose some night I wanted him to do something…
例如洗碗
like the dishes, for example.
而他的星座劝他别干
His horoscope just wouldn’t let him.
-你做得很对 -有些事我是不想自己干的
You’re absolutely right. There are some things I just don’t like to do by myself.
如果真正理解你就不会责怪你
And no one with any true understanding would blame you for it.
安尼卡出生后
As soon as Arnie was born,
我就搬到了 我认为哈里找不到我的地方去了
I moved away to where I thought Harry could never find me.
我改了名字和
I changed my name and…
但他还不死心
But he was persistent?
今天早上有人敲我的门
This morning there was a knock on the door.
我开门前就知道是他
Before I opened it, I knew he was standing on the other side.
-他来要什么 -我 他来要我 因为我是他的妻
What did he want? Me! He wanted me because I was his wife.
他需要我 因为 正如他所说的 他有鼓冲动
He wanted me because, as he put it, he suddenly felt some basic urge
-寂寞 -你呢
loneliness. What’d you feel?
我觉得很恶心 你看到他的胡子和波浪发型吗
I felt sick. Did you see his mustache and his wavy hair?
有 但我看到他时 他已经死了
Yeah, but when I saw him, he was dead.
对 和他活着时是一样的 活着时只不过是站在罢了
Yeah, he looked exactly the same when he was alive, except he was vertical.
-他进了屋子吧 他说了什么
So he entered. What’d you say? Nothing.
我用奶瓶敲他的头 敲到傻了
I hit him over the head with a milk bottle and knocked him silly.
-傻了 -神经不正常啊
– Silly? – Bats. Tappy.
他摇摇晃晃地走向森林 不停地说他要找他妻子
He went staggering up towards the woods saying he was gonna find his wife…
如果这没要他命就带她回家
and drag her home if it killed him.
显然要了他的命
Apparently it did.
来多杯柠檬水吧
Have some more lemonade.
噢 怀尔斯船长 真让人意外啊
Why, Capt. Wiles. What a surprise.
可这是你邀请我来的 格勒夫利小姐
But you invited me, Miss Gravely.
-起码我记得是这样的 -当然了 船长
At least that’s how I remember it. Of course I did, Captain.
但还有有点意外
But somehow, it’s still a surprise.
噢 对 你真了解男人的需要
Oh, yes. You certainly know how to make a man feel wanted.
进屋吧 船长
Won’t you come in, Captain?
噢 谢谢 很荣幸
Oh, thank you. I’ve-I’ve looked forward to it.
尝到了真正厨师 做蓝莓松饼的手艺了
Takes a real cook to make a good blueberry muffin…
蓝莓味非常浓郁

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!