I guess the cider takes their attention. Cider?
只是苹果酒 把苹果扔了 把酒喝了
Cider, indeed. Throw it away! Drink it!
不 我讨厌苹果酒 还没卖♥♥出一幅画
No, I hate cider. Not a picture sold.
噢 马洛先生 不好意思 让我看看你的最新作品
Well, I’m sorry, Mr. Marlow. Let’s get a look at your new one.
-把它挂起来 -给你看有什么用啊
– Hold it up. – What good would it do to show it to you?
你不配看它 我是怎样营生的
You don’t deserve to see it. How am I going to eat?
维格斯先生在自己非常疯狂时 总是捶自己的胃
Mr. Wiggs always used to thump his stomach when he got mad.
他曾经击碎里面什么的
He busted somethin’ inside once.
你想如果我们在 第五大街是否会好点
You think we’d do any better on Fifth Avenue?
-如果那儿的人多 -噢 有很多人
If there’s more people there. Oh, lots of people.
成千上万的人
Hundreds and thousands and billions of people.
-噢 那会好点 -但那些人是什么种类的 维格
Well, it might be better then. But what sort of people, Wiggy?
什么种类 我告诉你 他们只是些小人物
What breed? I’ll tell you. They’re little people…
戴着帽子的无关紧要的人物
little people with hats on.
你的香烟呢
How are your cigarettes?
明天我再买♥♥另一半
Now I’ll buy the other half tomorrow.
你的儿子摆弄那些车干什么
What does your son do with all those old cars he always works on?
他买♥♥这些些机器古董 没赚多少 但他需要这些钱
He sells ’em. Mechanical antiques. Doesn’t make much, but he needs the money.
噢 他不用给钱给代理州长吗
Hmm. Doesn’t he get paid for being deputy sheriff?
那是计件工作 要赚这个钱就要冒险
Piecework. Gets paid by the arrest, I think.
噢 马洛先生 太漂亮了
Ah, Mr. Marlow. It’s wonderful.
-我最近情绪低落 -这是什么
I’ve been in a tortured mood lately. What is it?
好一个老维格 我的吹毛求疵的鉴赏家
Good old Wiggy, my sternest critic.
尽管我不太懂你的画 但我认为还是挺漂亮的
Even if I don’t understand your work, I think it’s beautiful.
罗杰斯夫人也是
So does Mrs. Rogers.
-噢 你说过我吗 -噢 我
Oh? You talk about me? Well, l…
她可是个漂亮女士 有一个孩子了 对吧
She’s the pretty woman with the little boy, isn’t she?
噢 我只是在我们聊起奇怪的人时
Mm-hmm. I only brought up your name once…
提过一次你的名字
when we were talking about strange people.
-啊 -指的是陌生人
Huh? That is, strangers…
-噢 -也就是那些她没见过的人
Oh. People she hadn’t met yet.
噢 那个小可爱说了我什么
And, uh, what does the pretty, little thing say about me?
-没说什么 -我想得聊聊我们的买♥♥卖♥♥
Nothin’. I think we better discuss business.
这些是我要买♥♥的东西
Here… my shopping list.
我进去帮你拿货
I’ll go in and start puttin’ it up.
维格 土斯卡罗萨你是如何发音的
Say, Wiggy. How do you spell Tuscaloosa?
山姆
Sam?
你好 加尔文 你回来时有没听说关于枪杀的事
Hi, Calvin. You hear any shootin’ a while back?
-没有 -我听说了
– Nope. – Well, I did.
-这里不该发生这种事的
And there shouldn’t be any shootin’ around here. Why?
因为这是个消息灵通的地方
It’s posted land, that’s why.
-为什么会这样 -因为是我传的
Why’s that? ‘Cause I posted it.
你说这些人搞射击干什么
What you got against people doing a little shooting now and then…
想发泄一些多余的精力吗
let off a little steam?
子弹和枪♥支♥是危险了 他们有杀伤力
Bullets and guns are dangerous they injuriously
这里没人会用大炮袭击运货车厢
No one around here could hit a freight car with a cannon.
我想你是对的 山姆 同样的 法律就是法律
I guess you’re right, Sam. All the same, the law’s the law.
我想侦察一下看是谁干的
And I got a good mind to scout around and find out who’s doin’ the shootin’…
拿点罚款
and level a little fine.
摆弄的零件吧
And pick up a little piecework?
如果有什么我可以说得更直白的 你告诉我
Well, if I can do anything to make it any harder for you, you let me know.
马洛先生 薰肉你喜欢怎样弄
How’d you want your bacon, Mr. Marlow?
-你说什么 -我问你喜欢怎样弄你的薰肉
What were you saying? I asked how you want your bacon.
切片
Sliced.
-加尔文在哪儿 -在一些无关紧要的地方
– Where is Calvin? – Off somewheres unimportant.
今天的天气真好
What a wonderful day.
昨天也是啊 但你当时没对我说什么
So was yesterday, but you didn’t say anything to me about it.
你找加尔文干什么
What you want Calvin for?
这幅画真漂亮
These marvelous pictures.
听说是你画的
Someone told me they were yours.
-你怎么不出♥售♥ 去赚点钱 没想过这个
Why don’t you sell them, make a lot of money? Never thought of that.
我想我会考虑的 -还有那些歌♥
I guess I’ll just have to think about it. And that song…
你唱得很好听 你自己写的吧 应该是
You sing it so beautifully. You wrote it yourself, of course.
-你想说些什么 -噢 亲爱的
What do you want to borrow? Oh, dear.
我只是想有时候人是需要鼓励的 不是吗 马洛先生
I just think people need encouragement sometimes. Don’t you, Mr. Marlow?
-你是怎样知道我的名字的 -噢 不就是写在你的画上吗
How’d you know my name? Well, it’s on the pictures, isn’t it?
可不是很容易看清的
It’s not supposed to be readable.
噢 或许你可以这么说 但这可是非常的专业
Oh, you can tell it’s not supposed to be. They’re very professional.
你认为呢 维格斯太太
Don’t you think, Mrs. Wiggs?
噢 格勒夫利小姐 我只是知道这些画无人问津
Well, Miss Gravely, all I know is nobody buys them.
感谢你的鼓励 格勒夫利小姐
Thank you for yOur encouragement, Miss Gravely.
噢 我想知道你是怎样 知道我的名字的
Well, now I wonder how you know my name?
-很简单 维格刚刚说的 -维格
Easy. Wiggy just said it. Wiggy.
多么荒谬的昵称
What a perfectly ridiculous little nickname.
你是否介意我称呼你为维格 维格斯太太
Do you mind if I call you Wiggy, Mrs. Wiggs?
不介意 如果你能准时付你的帐 齐了 马洛先生
Not if you pay all your bills on time. All right, Mr. Marlow.
薰肉 豆 卷心菜 糖 盐 茶叶 奶酪
Bacon, beans, cabbage, sugar, salt, tea, oleo margarine.
-一共1 95美元 -还有一包香烟
$ 1.95. Don’t forget half a package of cigarettes.
噢 对 10美分 那就是2 5美元
Ah, yes. Ten cents… two five.
这么贵啊
That much?
-我看来找不到 -我明白 马洛先生
I don’t seem to be able to find the… I know, Mr. Marlow.
就好像你买♥♥你画一样
As soon as we sell some of your paintings.
-等等 马洛先生 -噢 我要说清楚
Just a minute, Mr. Marlow. Well, let me make my position clear.
嘘
Shh.
-你看怎样 -我想是装咖啡的
– What do you think? – I think it’ll hold coffee.
你来拿一些好吗 马洛先生
Will you try it, Mr. Marlow?
请把手指伸入杯耳
Put your finger through the handle, please.
尺寸如何 杯耳怎样
How about the size? What about the handle?
-啊 -我是说 是否舒服
Hmm? I mean, does it fit?
-手指的位置够不够 -适合我的手指位
Is it the right finger size? It’s my finger size.
-我买♥♥这个 -15美分
– I’ll take it. – Fifteen cents.
-杯垫呢 -10美分
And the saucer? Ten.
价格合理
That seems a fair price.
你问手指位干什么
What’s the finger size got to do with it?
噢 我想确定一下是否适合 男士用–一位健壮的男士
Um, I wanted to be certain it would fit a man… a certain size man.
男士
A man?
今天下午有人会到我的家来
A certain somebody is coming over to my cottage this afternoon…
-真的吗 -来喝咖啡吃蓝莓松饼
Not really? For coffee and blueberry muffins.
你真是个老年社交家
Why, you old social butterfly, you.
-老 -这可是有修饰成分的说法 格勒夫利小姐
– Old? – That was figuratively speaking, Miss Gravely.
看来来了些没眼光的顾客
I think we’ve got a nearsighted cider customer.
年轻人 你认为我多大了
How old do you think I am, yOung man?
噢 50岁吧 你认为你有多大了
Mmm. Fifty. How old do you think you are?
-42岁 我可以给我的出生证明 给你看 -恐怕
Forty-two. I can show you my birth certificate. I’m afraid you’re gonna…
你看起来要比的出生证明的 真实年龄要大
have to show more than your birth certificate to convince a man of that.
-你什么意思 -我是说你应该展现你的个性
What do you mean? I mean you have to show your character,
最内在的 隐藏了的本质
the inner self, the hidden qualities,
一个真实的格勒夫利小姐 一个感性的 感觉年轻的
the true Miss Gravely… sensitive, young in feeling,
充满爱心和善解人意的你
timeless with love and understanding.
我能办到
I can do it!
-起码 我想我是能办到的 -办什么
– At least, I think I can do it. – Do what?
噢 我想我得出去看看 那些先生要买♥♥点什么
Well, I think I’ll just go out and see what that gentlemen wants.
-现在像什么 你的剪刀呢 -外面
At a time like this? Where are your scissors? Outside.
-我要帮你剪发 -剪发
– We’re going to cut her hair. – Hair?
剪得短点 新潮一点 给人以清新浪漫的感觉
We’ll cut it short, bring it up-to-date, make a nice, romantic styling,
看起来会比你出生证明的 年龄要年轻10岁
take ten years off your birth certificate.
-你的丝带在哪儿 -在某个地方
How are you fixed for ribbon? Should be some around somewhere.
-粉底 唇膏呢 -我想也是
Powder, rouge, lipstick? I think so.
不会看起来很低俗
Nothing cheap, shoddy or obvious.
而是年轻 柔美 极具个性
Just youth, gentility, character.
我出去找剪刀 你找其它东西
I’ll go out and get the scissors. You find the other things.
-噢 在这儿 -打搅一下 小伙子 我
Ah, here they are. EXcuse me, young man. L…
噢 好的
Oh, well.
好了 欧内斯特 我们走吧
All right, Ernest. Let’s go.
噢 我想该是剪后面
Well, always grow back, I guess.
-是加尔文 -他一个人吗
There’s Calvin. Is he alone?
对 我想他还没售出他的车
Yep. Guess he didn’t sell his car.
嘿 你别在这儿挡着我画画好吗
Hey! Would you mind getting out of my picture?
接下来他要干什么你也知道了 他们会散播整件事的
Next thing you know, they’ll be televising the whole thing.
喔
Huh.
是你的尸体啊 伙计