帕洛斯弗迪斯的部落
我和我的胞妹
吉姆·梅森 8岁
最喜欢的人: 妈妈 爸爸 妹妹
内页: 迎接帕洛斯弗迪斯的新科模范夫妻(特辑见第45页)
吉姆紧急住院
本人芳龄十六
I’m 16..
在学校已麻烦不断
Already in trouble at school
可惜还长一头金发
and unfortunately have blond hair.
妈妈开玩笑说天然金发的人
My mother liked to joke that natural blonds
通常比较自私
were usually selfish
而染成金发的人则是病态撒谎者
while dyed blonds were pathological liars.
吉姆是我的孪生哥哥
Jim is my twin.
我的唯一挚友
My only true friend.
吉姆是整个世界上那个
Jim was the one person in the whole world
我能谈得来的人
I could really talk to.
待在一起感觉自在的人
Who I felt comfortable with.
虽然听起来有些扯
That may sound kind of fucked up
但双胞胎就是这样
but it’s a twin thing.
别担心 总有一天你的头发会变褐色
Don’t worry, someday your hair will be brown
跟我的一样 那时候人们就会把你
like mine and then people will finally take you
当回事 然后头发将会变成灰色
seriously and then it’ll turn Grey.
不会变的
And they won’t.
每个家庭都总有那么一个人
In every family, there was that one person
充当家庭成员之间的粘合剂
that was the glue that held it all together.
我们家就是吉姆
That was Jim.
在妈妈消沉时
He was the one who could cheer mom up
他能逗她开心
when she got down.
给她带来不一样的感觉
That brought out something different in her.
我们刚从密歇根搬到帕洛斯弗迪斯
We’d just moved from Michigan to Palos Verdes.
你瞧 老爸的梦想就是
You see, it was always my father’s dream
搬到加州来
to move to California.
做个心脏外科医生能名利双收
To be a heart surgeon to the rich and famous.
起初老妈对搬家还不确定
My mother wasn’t sure at first about moving.
她说对所有的瘦脸针都过敏
She said she was allergic to all the Botox
还有地震和运动
earthquakes and exercise.
但老爸坚持说阳光和海风
But my dad insisted that the sunshine and sea air
正是医生对她的建议
was just what the doctor ordered.
那个医生就是他自己
The doctor being him.
泳池怎么样?
How’s that pool?
哇 别把新房♥子弄湿了!
Whoa, don’t get the new house wet!
别… 别第一天就这样
Not on… Not on the first day.
噢 看这个
Oh, look at this.
真不敢相信他们会在药店
I couldn’t believe they were selling
售卖♥♥批量生产的佛陀
mass-produced Buddhas at the drugstore.
– 我要普通的 – 给你
– I’ll take a regular. – Here you go.
谢谢
Thank you.

Oh.
嘿 我看到了一头鲸
Hey, I think I see a whale.
– 不可能 – 真的!
– No way. – I do!
就在那 海藻下面
Right there, below the seaweed.
– 我什么也没看见 – 瞧
– I don’t see anything. – Look.
– 敬新的开始 – 敬阳光!
– To new beginnings. – To sunshine!
– 敬防晒霜 – 敬我们
– To sunscreen. – To us.
哪个我们?
Which us?
所有的我们
All of us.
我说过我们会搬到天堂 不是吗?
I always said we’d move to paradise, didn’t I?
– 是的 – 我们下去吧
– Yeah. – Let’s go down here.
我会把你扔到海里去
I’m gonna throw you in the ocean.
在学校我们学过 有些人
In school, we learned about people
乘马车队西进
who came west in wagon trains
开始新的生活
to start new lives.
我家也是如此
So did my family.
就连我妈也都希望满满
Even my mom was doing her best to be hopeful.
真开阔
So vast.
是啊
Yeah.
我们在这里会幸福的
We’re gonna be happy here.
当然
Yup.
嗯 我已经很幸福了
Well, I’m happy already.
这里真的是开阔
This is so goddamn vast.
我希望时光能倒流
I wish I could go back and hold on
永远停留在那一刻
to that moment forever
满足于当下所拥有的一切
and just be happy for everything that we had.
– 嘿 菲尔 – 什么事?
– Hey, Phil. – What?
– 今晚别出去了吧 – 什么?
– Let’s not go tonight. – What?
待在家里 就待在家里
Let’s stay home. Let’s stay home.
菲尔 我们待在家里吧
Phil, let’s stay home.
出去见见新人非常重要
It’s important to go out, meet new people.
你知道 这个聚会是欢迎我们的
This party is, you know, to welcome us.
那待在家里也是非常重要的
Well, it’s also important to stay home
以此为家 充满记忆
and make this our home and fill it with memories.
– 我知道 – 嗯
– I know. – Yeah.
但我们已经答应了 我们必须去
But we already said, we have to go.
– 噢 – 多给我一点
– Oh. – Give me a little more.
– 不 – 给点嘛
– Mm, no. – Come on.
– 不 不 不 – 是的
– No, no, no. – Yes.
– 看… – 什么?
– Look… – What?
如果你想让我准备好
If you want me to get ready
我就得准备好
I have to get ready.
我们参加你这个非常重要的聚会要迟到了
We’re gonna be late to your important party
你的喷雾晒肤沾到我身上了
and your spray tan’s rubbing off on me.
– 菲尔 嘿 – 噢 上帝
– Phil. Hi. – Oh, my god.
见到你很高兴
So great to see you.
– 艾娃 你好 你好 – 嘿 嘿
– Ava, hello. Hello. – Hi. Hi.
我妻子桑迪
Oh. My wife, Sandy.
– 嘿 桑迪 – 艾娃
– Hi, Sandy. – Ava.
– 真刺♥激♥ – 是的
– This is exciting. – Yes.
– 狂欢日 – 你的第一个晚上?
– Fiesta. – This your first night?
– 是我们的第一次狂欢 – 来俱乐部? 嗯
– It’s our first fiesta. – At the club? Yes.
– 你喜欢房♥子吗? – 噢 上帝
– Do you like the house? – Oh, my god.
– 噢 – 漂亮
– Oh. – Yeah.
你是心脏病学家?
So you’re a cardiologist?
是的
Yes.
我在”最佳医生”里看过你的所有介绍
I read all about you in the “best doctors.”
你发明了那个心血管瓣膜 是吗?
You invented that cardiovalvola, right?
了不起啊 你做了功课
I’m impressed. You’ve done your research.
是吗 我以前做过医药代表
Well, I used to work as a drug rep.
告诉你啊 当你捧着一颗
I tell ya, when you’ve held
一颗跳动的人的心脏
a, a beating human heart…
不好意思
Excuse me.
我都不敢看生肝脏
I can’t even look at raw liver.
我是说 我是严格素食者
I mean, I’m totally vegan.
– 我是吉姆 – 很高兴见到你
– I’m Jim. – Nice to meet you.
很高兴见到你 我喜欢这儿
It’s nice to meet you. I like this.
噢 谢谢你
Oh, thank you.
喔 欢迎加入俱乐部
Uh, welcome to the club.
谢谢
Thanks.
你们刚搬到镇上?
You just moved to town?
你的孩子也在这儿?
Are your kids here?
喔 是的 他们就在这儿什么地方
Uh, yeah, they’re here somewhere.
这就是我们喜欢俱乐部的地方
That’s what we love about the club.
我们从不用担心他们
We never have to worry about them.

Oh.
我们回家吧
Let’s go home.
让孩子们和新交的朋友多玩一会
Let the kids hang out with their new friends.
你能不能 尽量表现出
Could you just, just try to act
你很开心的样子 好吗 宝贝?
like you’re having a good time, alright, baby?
– 我尽力了 – 好吧
– I am trying. – Okay.
不知道这些赞安诺
I don’t know if these Xanax
是否还有效果
are even working anymore.
可能吃了玉米饼会减轻效果
Maybe ease up on the taquitos.
空腹效果比较好 是吧?
They work better on a, on an empty stomach, alright?
我来猜一猜 你父亲是地狱边境的
Let me guess, your father is a, a finalist

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!