凯伊·理查德斯 42岁的牙医助手
Kay Richards. 42-year-old dental hygienist.
听上去还不错
That doesn’t sound bad.
据我们了解 她在跟
We think she’s dating a guy named
汤姆·贝纳切克交往 他为戴利工作
Tom Banachek, who works for Daley.
-我们的无因回避权用完了 -怎么会这样
– We were out of peremptory challenges. – How did this happen?
要么是她 要么是那个朝鲜战争的老兵
It’s either her or that Korean War vet
他因为儿子反对越南战争 把他赶出了家门
who kicked his son out of the house for protesting the Vietnam.
就算不是大律师也能明白…
You don’t have to be Clarence Darrow…
他们是不是操纵了陪审团人选
Did they manipulate the jury pool?
怎么没有看上去像我一样的人
How come there’s nobody who looks like me?
好吧 如果你们有人履行过陪审员义务
All right, raise your hands if any of you
把手举起来
have ever shown up for jury duty.
没有吗 那就闭嘴
No? Then shut the fuck up.
-比尔 -干嘛
– Bill… – Yeah?
什么
What?
他要把陪审团隔离起来
He’s sequestering the jury.
那是自然
Of course he is.
不存在政♥治♥审判
No such thing as a political trial.
记住了
Good to know.
我…
I…
我要找个老年精神病学专家
I want an expert in geriatric psychiatry
让他在旁听席坐几天
sitting in the gallery for a few days.
我要对这位法官进行医学评估
I want a medical evaluation of this… this judge.
隔离可能是为了应对
The sequester’s probably a reaction
艾比周末的单口相声表演
to Abbie doing stand-up on weekends.
那不是单口相声
It’s not stand-up.
你是在大学礼堂的聚光灯下讲笑话 不是吗
You’re in a college auditorium in a spotlight telling jokes, right?
没你说的这么简单
That’s a little reductive.
在记名字吗
Names?
对 昨天的
Yeah. From yesterday.
你饿吗
You hungry?
如果我没找你帮我瞒着萨拉·贝斯
If I hadn’t asked you to help me with Sara Beth,
-这一切就不会发生了 -不
– none of this would have happened. – No.
我找你帮我瞒着萨拉·贝斯
I asked you to help with Sara Beth.
这导致了第一场暴♥乱♥
And this got us the first riot.
第一场暴♥乱♥又导致了真正的暴♥乱♥
The first riot got us the real riot.
-不是… -等等
– That’s not… – Hang on.
总之 我是去讲故事的 我总是…
Anyway, I’m telling stories. I always…
我把这些名字加上去
I’ll add the names.
谢谢
Thank you.
我们请求撤销隔离陪审团的命令
We move to strike the order for sequestration of the jury,
这个命令无人申请 是法官大人自行下达的
which was made by Your Honor, sua sponte motion…
稍等
Hold on.
鲁宾先生 霍夫曼先生
Mr. Rubin, Mr. Hoffman.
你们穿的是什么
What are you wearing?
这是向你致敬 法官大人
It’s an homage to you, Your Honor.
你们里面穿了别的衣服吗
Do you have clothes underneath there?
穿了 稍等
Yes. Hold on.
-穿了 -请把长袍脱下来
– Yes. – Take off the robes, please.
肃静
Silence!
法警 给鲁宾先生和霍夫曼先生
Bailiff, charge Mr. Rubin and Mr. Hoffman
各记一项藐视法庭罪
with one count of contempt.
孔斯特勒先生 继续
Mr. Kunstler, continue.
我们认为隔离时间
We feel that sequestration,
会相当漫长 这样只会…
for what appears will be a considerable period of time, can only…
如果辩方少反对几次
It would be a considerably shorter period
时间就会短一些了
if the defense made fewer objections.
只会对被告不利
…can only serve to the defendants’ disadvantage.
还有 法官大人 只要检方和本法庭
And, Your Honor, the defense will make not one fewer
给我们提出反对的理由
objection than the prosecution
那么辩方不会放过任何一个机会
or this court gives us reason to.
法警 给孔斯特勒先生
Bailiff, charge Mr. Kunstler
记一项藐视法庭罪
with one count of contempt.
我可以继续我的论证 让书♥记♥员记录吗
May I continue my argument so it appears in the record?
你可以继续
You may continue.
陪审团将会由法警看管
The jury will be in the custody of the deputy marshals.
法警将会照顾
The marshals will take care of
他们的一切需求
all the needs and wants of the jury.
我们觉得这会让陪审员怀有同情
We feel that that tends to make the jurors sympathetic.
陪审团将受到…
The jury are gonna be taken care of…
-保罗·德卢卡 -你所任何职
– Paul Deluca. – And what is your occupation?
我是芝加哥警♥察♥局的警探
I’m a detective with the police department, City of Chicago.
请回忆1968年8月的大会期间
Calling your attention to August of 1968 during the convention,
你有什么特别的任务吗
did you have a specific assignment?
和我的搭档贝尔警探一起
To keep Rennie Davis under surveillance
监视伦尼·戴维斯
with my partner, Detective Bell.
8月25日周日晚上
While you were surveilling Rennie Davis
也就是大会开幕的前一天晚上
on the evening of Sunday, August 25th,
你在监视伦尼·戴维斯时
the night before the convention began,
有没有看到汤姆·海登犯下罪行
did you observe Tom Hayden committing a crime?
有 海登先生在给
Yes, Mr. Hayden was letting the air
一辆警车的轮胎放气
out of the tire of a police vehicle.
根据芝加哥警方命令 公园将在晚上11点关闭
The park closes at 11:00 p.m. by order of the Chicago PD.
你们必须在晚上11点前离开公园
You must be out of the park by 11:00 p.M.
违反者将会被指控非法侵入罪
Violators will be prosecuted for trespassing.
加入我们 “学生争取民♥主♥”组织
重复一遍 你们必须离开公园
I repeat, you must be out of the park.
♪ 说你将属于我 ♪
♪ Say you will you will be mine… ♪
这个策略是在芝加哥遍地扔香蕉皮
It’s a strategy of throwin’ banana peels all over Chicago,
让国家机器摔一跤
and the machine will stumble.
它一摔倒 就会启动过激的政策
When it stumbles, it goes into a policy of overkill
从而开始自我吞噬
and it starts to devour itself.
我们要让他们相信
We gotta convince ’em.
让他们相信什么呢
We gotta convince ’em of what?
我们足够疯狂 什么都干得出来
That we’re crazy enough to do anything.
♪ 我的唯一 ♪
♪ Oh, my only one ♪
♪ 我以为我在梦中 ♪
♪ I thought I was dreaming ♪
我们认为
We think it’s important
大家都应该了解冲突策略
for confrontational tactical knowledge to be understood.
说得对
You know it!
冲突策略让我们更安全
Right, confrontational tactics make us safer.
-对 -没错
– Yeah. – Right.
为什么 因为那些猪害怕了
Why? Because the pigs become afraid.
你们都知道要以什么攻火
You know, and that’s fighting fire with what?
以火攻火
Fire!
以火攻火行不通 要用水 蠢货
You don’t fight fire with fire. You fight it with water, jackass.
-那是比喻 -艾比又在讲他妈的香蕉皮
– It’s a metaphor. – Abbie and his fuckin’ banana peels?
那也是比喻
Also a metaphor.
警♥察♥ 州警和国民警卫队加在一起
Between the cops, the state police and the Guard,
戴利派了一万五千名士兵上街
Daley’s got 15,000 soldiers on the street
他们荷枪实弹 那可是真正的子弹
whose guns are loaded with bullets that are literal.
我可以反驳说那些子弹也是…
I could argue that the bullets are also…
对 我也可以 但别这样
Yeah, so could I, but don’t.
这里的气氛开始变得紧张了
The atmosphere’s start to get dangerous
迟早会有人挑事
and someone’s gonna throw a rock.
我想把话放出去
I wanna get the word out
我们反对的是战争 而不是警♥察♥
we’re protesting the war and not the cops.
-糟了 -怎么了
– Damn it! – What?
那应该是跟踪我的人
I think those are my guys.
那应该是他们的车
I think that’s their car.
对 是他们 他们回来了 他们整天跟着我
Yep, that’s them. They’re back. They were following me all day.
听着 关于萨拉·贝斯我有件事没告诉你
Listen, here’s the thing I haven’t told you about Sara Beth.
-她根本不喜欢这些 -不喜欢什么
– She isn’t into this at all. – Isn’t into what?
我跟她和她的家人在一起时 我尽量…
When I’m with her and her family, I try to…
淡化我参与的这场
I de-emphasize the…
-激进的革命 -明白了
– radical revolutionary part of my… – Got it.
她和她的父母同意让我住在他们家
She and her parents are letting me stay with them.
如果他们看到我被两位便衣警♥察♥跟踪
If I show up tailed by two undercover police officers…
-那就很难解释了 -这不是她的世界
– That’ll be hard to explain. – This isn’t her world.
这绝对也不是她父母的世界
It’s definitely not her parents’ world.
如果我把我的世界带到了他们的家门前

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!