你要删除整段交叉盘问
You’re gonna strike the entire cross-examination?
我给了你和协理律师法恩格拉斯足够…
I gave you and co-counsel Fineglass ample…
协理律师的名字是韦恩格拉斯
Co-counsel’s name is Weinglass.
斯塔尔先生在交叉盘问中的证言完全…
Mr. Stahl’s testimony under cross-examination is entirely…
你再次扰乱公堂了 孔斯特勒先生
You are interrupting the court again, Mr. Kunstler.
请求重新录入证词
Move to reinstate testimony.
-驳回 -驳回
– Overruled. – Overruled.
美国过去有些州规定
如果律师对法官现场裁决不满准备事后上诉
则必须当庭提出异议
-驳回 -异议
– Overruled. – Exception.
明白 还有问题吗
Noted. Are there any further questions?
有 斯塔尔先生 在这些会面中
Yes. So, Mr. Stahl, in any of these meetings,
有没有哪位被告说
did any of the defendants say
如果你不批准他们的申请
that if you didn’t grant them permits,
他们就会诉诸于对城市的暴♥力♥行为
that they would do violent acts to the city?
说了 他们说我应该准许他们使用公园
Yes, they said the Parks permit should be
这样才能使伤害最小化
issued in order to minimize destruction.
他们有没有指明这些伤害将来源于谁
Did they indicate from whom this destruction would come?
伤害并非来自芝加哥警署
The destruction did not come from the Chicago Police Department,
如果你暗示的就是这个
if that’s what you’re suggesting.
提问完毕
No further questions.
我想盘问证人 法官大人
I’d like to cross-examine the witness, Your Honor.
-不准 -你见过我吗
– You may not. – Have you ever met me?
坐下 西尔先生
Sit, Mr. Seale.
你们是否犯下了共谋罪
Are you guilty of conspiracy?
我们认为我们是无辜的
We believe that we are innocent.
真正犯下了共谋罪的
and the people who are guilty of conspiracy
是那些让我们受审的混♥蛋♥
are the fuckers who put us on trial.
他们要为芝加哥街头的
They are responsible for the bloodshed
流♥血♥冲♥突♥负责
that flowed in the streets of Chicago.
为什么鲍比·西尔不找律师
Why won’t Bobby Seale let anyone represent him?
你提问的前提就是个谎言
You’ve posed that question in the form of a lie.
共谋办公室 请稍等
Conspiracy Office. Can you hold on?
共谋办公室 请稍等
Conspiracy Office. Can you hold on?
共谋办公室 请稍等
Conspiracy Office. Can you hold on?
也许你不该自称共谋办公室
Maybe you don’t want to call it the, uh, Conspiracy Office.
他们能听懂讽刺 也能欣赏幽默
They understand irony and appreciate the humor.
-我可不确定 -大部分人是很聪明的 比尔
– I wouldn’t count on it. – Most people are smart, Bill.
你相信这个的话
If you believe that,
你这辈子天天都得心碎
you’ll get your heart broken every day of your life.
请稍等 你好 需要什么帮助吗
Hang on. Hi, how can I help you?
留言呢
Messages?
我们当然接受捐赠 我们请了高价律师
We sure do take contributions. We’ve got high-priced lawyers.
高价律师正在义务劳动
High-priced lawyers are working for free.
-是辅助人员要钱 -我们不能收大♥麻♥
– It’s the support staff. – We can’t take grass.
-艾比说可以收大♥麻♥ -留言呢
– Abbie says we’ll take the weed. – Messages?
我们的通信地址是
Let me give you our mailing address.
伊利诺斯州芝加哥市
We are in Hyde Park,
杰克逊东街28号♥海德公园 邮编60604
28 East Jackson Street, Chicago, Illinois. 60604…
我希望你们不要再开新闻发布会了
I don’t want you guys holding any more press conferences.
要是你想阻拦艾比接受采访
If you’re gonna get between Abbie and a camera,
我建议你顶盔掼甲
I’d wear pads and a helmet.
我们今天挺顺利 莱 告诉他我们今天挺顺利
We had a good day, Len. Tell him we had a good day.
6号♥和11号♥
Six and eleven.
-对 -什么意思
– Yeah. – What does that mean?
6号♥和11号♥陪审员 他们站我们这边
Jurors six and eleven. They’re with us.
你怎么知道
How do you know?
6号♥刻意让我看到
Six made sure I saw a copy
她腋下夹着的詹姆斯·鲍德温小说
of a James Baldwin novel under her arm,
美国黑人作家 社会活动家
11号♥在斯塔尔被盘问时一直在点头
and eleven’s been nodding during the Stahl cross.
睡着了
Falling asleep?
是点头赞同
Nodding. Agreeing.
不许再开♥发♥布会了
No more press conferences.
你提问的前提就是个谎言
You posed that question in the form of a lie.
鲍比·西尔的代理律师是查尔斯·盖瑞
Bobby Seale’s lawyer is Charles Garry.
他目前在医院治疗
He’s in the hospital right now.
被告曾申请延迟庭审 但被驳回了
A motion was made for postponement and it was denied.
你愿意收十万美元叫停这件事吗
Would you have taken $100,000 to call it off?
我肯定会拿十万美元
Yeah, sure. I would have taken $100,000.
至于说叫停
As for calling it off…
它对你来说价值多少 你觉得值得多少
How much is it worth to you? What’s your price?
叫停革命吗
To call off the revolution?
你觉得值得多少
What’s your price?
我的生命
My life.
庭审第23天
知道怎么回事吗
Any idea what’s going on?
我好多年前就搞不清怎么回事了
It’s been years since I’ve had any idea what was going on.
我宣布今天就此休庭
I’m going to adjourn the court for the day
请律师十五分钟后到我办公室来
and see counsel in my chambers in 15 minutes.
全体起立
All rise.
先生们 我注意到
Gentlemen, it’s been brought to my attention
我们的两位陪审员收到了
that two of our jurors have received threatening notes
来自一位或多位黑豹党成员的威胁信
from a member or members of the Black Panther Party.
哪两位陪审员
Which two jurors?
6号♥和11号♥陪审员
Juror Number Six and Juror Number Eleven.
有人把这些放进了他们父母家的信箱
Each of these were slipped into the mail at the homes of their parents.
请6号♥陪审员进来
Bring in Juror Six.
6号♥和11号♥
Six and eleven?
-对 -法官 我们能不能…
– Yes. – Judge, I wonder if we could draw…
6号♥陪审员 你还好吗
Juror Number Six, how are you?
很好
I’m fine.
-法官 在谈这个之前… -请安静
– Judge, before we talk… – Please.
今天早上你的父母在信箱收到了这封信
Your parents received this note this morning in their mail.
他们报♥警♥了 他们确实应该这样做
They called the police, as they should have done.
我想请你把这封信大声读出来
I’d like you to take the note and read it out loud.
我的父母
My parents?
-法官大人 在此之前… -请读这封信
– Your Honor, before she… – Please read the note.
“我们在盯着你”
“We’re watching you.”
你看到签名的是谁了吗
And you see who signed it?
“豹党”
“The Panthers.”
你知道那指的是黑豹党 对吧
You understand that to mean the Black Panthers, don’t you?
你知道被告鲍比·西尔是
You understand defendant Bobby Seale is
-黑豹党的领袖 -法官 你不能…
– the head of the Black Panthers. – Judge, you can’t…
他是黑豹党的主席
He’s chairman of the Black Panther Party.
你觉得你还能做出
Do you still feel that you can render
公正而不含偏见的判决吗
a fair and impartial verdict?
6号♥陪审员 你的家人 还有你
Juror Number Six, your family has been threatened
都受到了
and so have you…
来自一位被告领导的
by members of an organization
组织成员的威胁
that is led by one of the defendants.
法官 看在上帝的份上 她…
Judge, for the love of Christ, she…
-我道歉 法官大人 -我想也是
– I apologize, Your Honor. – I would think so.
你觉得你还能做出公正而不含偏见的判决吗
Do you still feel you can render a fair and impartial verdict?
不能 法官
No, sir.
你被排除在陪审团之外了 感谢你的服务
You’re dismissed from this jury. Thank you for your service.
请11号♥陪审员进来
Please bring in Juror Number Eleven.
-对不起 -继续读詹姆斯·鲍德温的书
– I’m sorry. – Keep reading James Baldwin.
比尔 我还以为黑豹党没这么蠢呢
Bill, I thought the Panthers were smarter than that.
-确实 -可是…
– They are. – Well…
黑豹党和黑♥手♥党♥一样不爱写信
The Panthers don’t write letters any more than the Mob does.
一旦我发现这是你们办事处干的
The moment I find out that it was your office that did,
我就会让你近距离感受刑事司法系统
you’ll see the criminal justice system up closer
后悔都来不及
than you ever wanted to.
-谁是替补 -我们要公之于众
– Who are the alternates? – We’re gonna make this public.
-你请便 -他们是谁
– Help yourself. – Who are they?
应该由联调局之外的人来调查那封信
Somebody other than the FBI has to investigate that letter.
你想找谁 杰弗森飞机吗
Who’d you have in mind? Jefferson Airplane?
美国迷幻摇滚乐队
-联调局负责调查 -这是扯淡
– The FBI investigates. -This is bullshit.
谁是替补
Who are the alternates?
-他妈的扯淡 -请你嘴巴放干净点行吗
– Fucking bullshit. – Can you clean up the language please?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!