Say that again, sir?
公开交♥媾♥
Public fornication.
你申请公园使用许可 进行公开…
You’re asking for a Parks permit for public…
对 还有摇滚乐
Yeah. And rock music.
不行 当然不行
No, of course not.
如果是节奏蓝调呢
What if it was R&B?
-你颁发许可了吗 -没有
– Did you issue the permits? – No, I did not.
在你拒绝他们的申请后
And what, if anything, did Abbie Hoffman
艾比·霍夫曼说过什么吗
say when you denied their request?
斯塔尔先生 你得明白
Mr. Stahl, you need to understand something.
格兰特公园必将在会议期间
There’s gonna be a festival of life in Grant Park
举办一次”生之礼赞”
held during the convention.
必定会有乐队演奏摇滚音乐 也必定会有公开交♥媾♥
Bands will play rock music. There will be public fornication.
其中可能会包括代表们的妻子或情人
Likely some of it with the wives and mistresses of delegates.
吃致幻剂的长发左派会和瘾君子们厮混
Psychedelic, long-haired leftists will consort with dope users.
并且我们会呼吁下一任美国总统
And we’ll insist that the next president of the US
停止把我们的友人送上屠场
stops sending our friends to be slaughtered.
无论你批准与否 这都必将发生
This will happen whether you give us the permit or not.
代表们到时候会把酒店住满 人要睡哪里
Hotels will be filled with delegates. Where will people sleep?
一些睡帐篷里 其他的随遇而安
Some will sleep in tents, others will live frivolously.
-有多少人要来 -很多
– How many people are coming here? – A lot.
很多是多少 一千 两千
What’s a lot? A thousand? Two thousand?
一万
Ten thousand.
-老天 -厉害吧
– Jesus Christ. – Right?
艾比·霍夫曼在会面最后有没有补充什么话
Did Abbie Hoffman add anything at the end of the meeting?

Yes.
-他说了什么 -他说
– What did he say? – He said…
要么你给我十万 我就把这事叫停
or you give me 100 grand and I could call the whole thing off.
谢谢
Thank you.
法恩格拉斯先生
Mr. Fineglass.
韦恩格拉斯 法官
Weinglass, sir.
庭审第四天
斯塔尔先生 你刚刚描述的那场
Mr. Stahl, the meeting you just described
同霍夫曼先生和鲁宾先生的会面
with Mr. Hoffman and Mr. Rubin,
是你同这些被告唯一一次会面吗
was that the only meeting you had with any of the defendants?
不是
No.
8月2日 你同汤姆·海登
On August 2nd, you had a meeting
以及伦尼·戴维斯见一面
with Tom Hayden and Rennie Davis.
-我是汤姆·海登 -我是伦尼·戴维斯
– Tom Hayden. – Rennie Davis.
8月12日 你同大卫·戴林格见了面
On August 12th, you had a meeting with David Dellinger.
我怎么回其他人的 就怎么回你
I’ll tell you the same thing I told the others.
8月10日和12日
There were two more meetings with Tom and Rennie
同汤姆和伦尼分别见了面
on the 10th and 12th of August,
并且在26日再次同大卫·戴维格见了面
and one more meeting with David Dellinger on the 26th.
日期我不太确定
I can’t be sure of the dates.
我能确定 这些是市政厅日志里记录的
Well, I can be sure. They’re recorded in the log at City Hall.
好吧
Okay…
并且每一次会面 都是申请于会议期间
And in each of the meetings, a request was made for a permit
在格兰特公园进行一次示♥威♥活动
to demonstrate in Grant Park during the convention.
斯塔尔先生 我们是想组织一次和平示♥威♥活动
Mr. Stahl, we intend a peaceful demonstration.
我们无意采取暴♥力♥ 也无意骚扰代表
We’re not interested in violence or disturbing the delegates.
并且每一次会面中 申请都被回绝了
And in each of the meetings, the request for permits was denied.
听好 我给你们的答复和给霍夫曼先生
Listen, I’ll tell you the same thing I told Mr. Hoffman
以及鲁宾先生和戴林格先生的一样
and Mr. Rubin and Mr. Dellinger.
希尔顿酒店附近不允许举♥行♥示♥威♥活动
No demonstrations within sight of the Hilton.
我们得在那里示♥威♥ 会议就是在那举♥行♥的
We have to demonstrate there. That’s where the convention is.
希尔顿酒店附近不允许举♥行♥示♥威♥活动
There will be no demonstrations within sight of the Hilton.
好吧 但问题是 肯定会有示♥威♥活动的
Okay. But the thing is, there will be.
-你是在威胁我吗 海登先生 -不是
– Are you threatening me, Mr. Hayden? – No.
不 我们不是在威胁你 我们是请你小心
No. We’re not threatening you. We’re cautioning you.
数千人即将到达芝加哥
Thousands of people are coming to Chicago.
如果不为他们提供示♥威♥的地方
If they’re not given a place to demonstrate,
他们就会随便找个地方示♥威♥
they’ll demonstrate wherever they stand.
因此芝加哥市政♥府♥
So it’s reckless, irresponsible,
不准备一个备案计划
and foolishly dangerous of the city
是既愚蠢又不负责任的
not to have a contingency plan.
我们需要维护治安的警力 急救人员
We’re gonna need police security, first aid…
-交通管制 -水 卫生设施
– traffic control. – Water, sanitation.
所以同一个申请 你听了五次
So, five times, you were asked for a permit.
五次中 你都被提醒过
Five times, you were advised of the dangers
不提供示♥威♥场所会带来的危险
of not providing a location to demonstrate…
我无需听从被告指挥
I don’t take my instructions from the defendants.
-是 你不用 -对
– No, you don’t. – I don’t.
你听戴利市长的
You take them from Mayor Daley.
你是由市长任命 为市长服务的
You’re appointed by the mayor and you serve at his pleasure?

Yes.
市长也有权辞退你
And you’re subject to removal in the same manner by the mayor?
-对 -谢谢
– Yes. – Thank you.
第二轮交叉盘问 孔斯特勒先生
Further cross-examination, Mr. Kunstler.
是 法官 斯塔尔先生 艾比…
Yes, sir. Mr. Stahl. When Abbie…
稍等
Excuse me.
西尔先生 你能说明你身后的人的身份吗
Mr. Seale, would you identify the man sitting behind you?
-不能 法官 -不能
– No, sir. – No?
-对 -为什么不能
– That’s right. – Why not?
他不是来受审的
He’s not on trial here.
西尔先生 说明你身后的人的身份
Mr. Seale, identify the man behind you.
他叫弗莱德·汉普顿
His name is Fred Hampton.
请记录下来
Let the record indicate
汉普顿先生是
that Mr. Hampton is head of
黑豹党芝加哥支部的主席
the Chicago chapter of the Black Panther Party.
法官大人 汉普顿先生不在被告席上
Your Honor, Mr. Hampton isn’t at the bar.
为什么要记录他的身份
Why is the record identifying him at all?
汉普顿先生显然是在给西尔先生提供法律建议
Mr. Hampton is clearly giving Mr. Seale legal advice.
我的律师是查尔斯·盖瑞
My lawyer is Charles Garry.
请见谅 法官 但汉普顿先生
Excuse me, sir, but for all you know,
也许是在告诉西尔先生白袜队的比分
Mr. Hampton is giving Mr. Seale the score of the White Sox game.
-我猜他说的不是这个 -为什么
– I will assume that he is not. – Why?
因为没有律师的时候就会这样
Because that’s what happens when you don’t have a lawyer.
法庭推断你的代理人
The court assumes that you are being represented
是你身后的黑豹党
by the Black Panther sitting behind you.
继续
Continue.
斯塔尔先生 当艾比说
Mr. Stahl, when Abbie offered
愿意收十万美元叫停这件事
to call the whole thing off for $100,000,
你认为他是认真的
did you think that he was serious
还是在开玩笑
or did you think he was making a joke?
我没理由认为他不是认真的
I had no reason not to think he was serious.
-真的吗 -是的
– Really? – Yes.
-你知道什么是敲诈勒索吗 -知道
– Do you know what extortion is? – Yes.
-你知道这是项重罪吗 -知道
– Do you know it’s a felony? – Yes.
好 那你通知联调局
Okay. So, when you called the FBI
告知他们霍夫曼先生
and told ’em about Mr. Hoffman’s attempt
企图勒索一名政♥府♥工作人员时
to extort a government employee,
-他们怎么说的 -我没通知联调局
– what’d they say? – I didn’t call the FBI.
抱歉 那你通知联邦检察官
Sorry. When you called the US attorney
上报这起敲诈事件时
and reported attempted extortion,
-检察官怎么说 -我没通知联邦…
– what’d their office say? – I didn’t call the US att…
-库克县检察官呢 你通知他们了吗 -没有 先生
– Cooke County DA. Did you call them? – No, sir.
-警长呢 -孔斯特勒先生
– The chief of police? – Mr. Kunstler…
那就在市长办公室外警亭里的警♥察♥呢
How about the police officer posted right outside the mayor’s office?
市长呢 斯塔尔先生 我再问你一遍
How about the mayor? Mr. Stahl, I’m gonna ask you again.
当艾比·霍夫曼
When Abbie Hoffman asked
索要十万美元叫停这件事
for $100,000 to call the whole thing off,
你认为他是认真的
did you think that he was serious
还是清楚他在开玩笑
or did you know that he was making a joke?
-我没理由认为他不是认真的 -行
– I had no reason not to believe he was serious. – All right.
那么 你知道做伪证和敲诈勒索都是犯罪吗
Then, along with extortion, did you know that perjury is a crime?
-反对 -反对有效 删除掉
– Objection. – Sustained, and strike it.
实际上
In fact,
交叉盘问中斯塔尔先生
strike the entirety of Mr. Stahl’s
给出的证词全部删除
testimony under cross-examination,
并请评审团无视这段证词
and the jury is instructed to disregard it.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!