There’s a lot of good advice this morning.
全体起立
All rise.
诸位听真 1969年9月26日 上午10点
Hear ye, hear ye. September 26th, 1969, ten o’clock a.m.
美国北伊利诺伊州
All persons having business
南区地方法♥院♥东部法庭
before the United States District Court of Northern Illinois,
庭上一切涉案人员
Southern District, Eastern Division,
请上前陈情
draw near and ye shall be heard.
朱利叶斯·霍夫曼法官主审
Judge Julius Hoffman presiding.
上帝保佑美国 保佑本庭
God save the United States of America and this Honorable Court.
请坐
Be seated.
马歇尔先生 请带陪审团进场
Mr. Marshal, bring in our jury.
审判第一天
请记录 刚刚进场的是
Let the record show that we have been joined
12位陪审员和4位候补
by our 12 jurors and four alternates.
早安 女士们先生们
Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.
早安
Good morning.
温特尔女士 请宣读案件
Mrs. Winter, please call the case.
69CR180号♥案
69 Cr 180,
美国政♥府♥诉大卫·戴林格
United States of America v. David Dellinger,
伦纳得·C·戴维斯 汤马斯·海登
Rennard C. Davis, Thomas Hayden,
艾伯特·霍夫曼 杰瑞·C·鲁宾
Abbott Hoffman, Jerry C. Rubin,
李·维纳 约翰·R·佛罗因斯及鲍比·G·西尔案
Lee Weiner, John R. Froines and Bobby G. Seale for trial.
检方准备好开庭陈词了吗
Are the People ready to make opening arguments?
准备好了 法官大人
We are, Your Honor.
-我的律师不在 -没轮到你发言
– I don’t have my lawyer here. – It’s not your turn to speak.
我的律师不在 我的审判就开始了
My trial’s begun without my lawyer.
请坐
Please sit.
舒尔茨先生
Mr. Schultz?
早上好 我叫理查德·舒尔茨
Good morning. My name is Richard Schultz.
我是伊利诺伊州南区的助理联邦检察官
I’m an assistant US attorney for the Southern District of Illinois.
坐在我旁边的是我的上司
Seated at my table is my boss,
联邦检察官托马斯·弗兰
US Attorney Thomas Foran.
也可以说是我坐在他旁边
Or you could say, I’m seated at his table.
被告席前坐着八位被告
At the defense table are the eight defendants
辩护律师为威廉·孔斯特勒 莱纳德·韦恩格拉斯
represented by their lawyers William Kunstler, Leonard Weinglass.
被告将声称
Now, the defendants would tell you
他们代表了三类不同的群体
that they represent three different groups.
-他们声称其中一个群体是… -打断一下
– They would tell you that one group is… – Excuse me.
是 法官
Yes, sir.
我想为陪审团说明一下
I’d like to clarify something for the jurors.
庭上有两位姓霍夫曼的
There are two Hoffmans in this courtroom.
被告艾比·霍夫曼
The defendant Abbie Hoffman
还有我 朱利叶斯·霍夫曼法官
and myself, Judge Julius Hoffman.
谢谢 法官
Thank you, sir.
我不希望有混淆
I didn’t want there to be confusion on the matter.
老兄 我估计没人会混淆你和我
Man, I don’t think there’s much chance they’re gonna mix us up.
你必须称呼本席为法官或者法官大人
You will address this court as Judge or Your Honor,
你也不能随意跟本席说话 除非…
and you will not address this court until…
你不准跟本席说话
You will not address this court!
被告将声称
The defendants would tell you
他们代表了三类不同的群体
they represent three different groups.
请记录下来
And the record should reflect
被告霍夫曼与我没有亲缘关系
that defendant Hoffman and I are not related.
父亲 别这样
Father, no!
霍夫曼先生 你知道藐视法庭罪吗
Mr. Hoffman, are you familiar with contempt of court?
这只是我的信仰罢了 法官
It’s practically a religion for me, sir.
-法官大人 -继续
– Your Honor? – Continue.
伦尼·戴维斯和汤姆·海登是SDS的领导人
Rennie Davis and Tom Hayden are the leaders of the SDS,
即”学生争取民♥主♥社会”组织
Students for a Democratic Society.
戴维斯和海登带人来到芝加哥
Davis and Hayden brought their people to Chicago
在街上发起暴♥力♥活动
for the purpose of causing violence in the streets
以此干扰民♥主♥党代♥表♥大♥会♥
in order to disrupt the Democratic Convention.
还有青年国际党 即异皮士
You know the Youth International Party as the Yippies.
他们的领导人是艾比·霍夫曼和杰瑞·鲁宾
Their leaders are Abbie Hoffman and Jerry Rubin.
鲍比·西尔是黑豹党的领袖
Bobby Seale is the leader of the Black Panther Party.
还是要提醒一下 被告将声称
Again, the defendants would tell you
这是三类不同的群体
that these are three distinct groups.
-但他们都… -打断一下
– But they all… – Excuse me.
请讲
Yes.
-我可以讲话吗 -不可以
– May I speak? – No, sir.
他刚叫了我的名字
He just said my name.
你是本案的被告 被叫到名字很正常
You’re a defendant in this case. You’re likely to hear your name.
我有请律师的权利 法官大人应该知道
I have a right to counsel, and His Honor knows that.
用不着你来告诉本席应该知道什么 请坐
Don’t tell the court what it does and does not know. Be seated.
舒尔茨先生
Mr. Schultz.
激进左派 就是这样
The radical left. That’s all.
他们是衣着不同的激进左派
They’re the radical left in different costumes.
这些被告有一个计划
These defendants had a plan,
两人以上群体的计划就是共谋
and a plan among two or more people is a conspiracy.
被告跨越州界实施他们的计划
The defendants crossed state lines to execute their plan.
所以我们来到了联邦法庭上
That’s why we’re in federal court,
他们的计划是引起暴♥乱♥
and the plan was to incite a riot,
还有大家都清楚的一点
and there’s one thing you already know.
他们成功了
They succeeded.
打断一下 我们说明
Excuse me. Have we identified
其他被告的身份了吗
the other defendants for the record?
还有一位…威纳[小♥弟♥弟♥]先生
A Mr… Wiener.
维纳
Weiner.
佛罗因斯先生和迪林格先生
Mr. Froines and Mr. Dillinger.
是戴林格 法官大人
Dellinger, Your Honor.
怎么回事
What’s going on here?
法官大人 你指的是被告戴林格
Uh, Your Honor, you’re referring to the defendant Dellinger.
戴里格
Derringer.
是戴林格 法官
it’s Dellinger, sir.
请注意 检方说的是被告戴里格
Note the prosecution was referring to the defendant Derringer.
-不是戴林格 -就是戴林格 法官大人
– Not Dellinger. – It is Dellinger, Your Honor.
能弄清楚吗
Can we straighten this out?
当然 迪林格是抢银行的 戴里格是枪的名字
Sure. Dillinger was a bank robber. Derringer is a gun.
他叫大卫·戴林格 而法官和我没有亲缘关系
He’s David Dellinger, and the judge and I are not related.
法官大人 我想提醒庭上
Your Honor, I’d like to caution the court
这种干扰手段和不敬的表现
that this kind of disruption and display of disrespect
可能是辩方没完没了的策略
will be a continuing tactic for defense.
法官 这不是策略
Sir, it’s not a tactic.
目前 仅有这些被告自己
At the moment, the defendants are the only ones
清楚自己的名字
on record as knowing their own names.
请坐 舒尔茨先生
Be seated, Mr. Schultz…
孔斯特勒先生
Mr. Kunstler.
我拒绝被认定是这个组织的成员
I object to being characterized as a member of this group.
-你的律师是谁 -查尔斯·R·盖瑞
– Who is your lawyer? – Charles R. Garry.
盖瑞先生今天来了吗
Is Mr. Garry here today?
-他没来 -法官大人
– No, he is not. – Your Honor…
你是西尔先生的律师吗
Are you representing Mr. Seale?
-不是 法官 -那就坐下
– No, sir. – Then, sit.
舒尔茨先生 请原谅我
Mr. Schultz, forgive me.
你的开庭陈词说完了吗
Have you concluded your opening statement?
是的 法官大人
Yes, Your Honor.
我的律师查尔斯·盖瑞正在奥克兰的一家医院里
My lawyer Charles Garry is in a hospital in Oakland
做胆囊手术
having undergone gallbladder surgery.
孔斯特勒先生
Mr. Kunstler.
你坐在他旁边
You are sitting right next to the man.
就为他辩护吧 都是同一个案子
Just represent him. It’s the same case.
律师坐在西尔先生旁边
The fact that there’s a lawyer near Mr. Seale
并不满足合法程序的要求
does not satisfy the requirements of due process.
我有权利…
I have a right…
因为盖瑞先生的医疗状况
A motion was made for postponement
我们提出了延期动议
due to Mr. Garry’s medical condition.
我也在场 法官大人拒绝了这一动议
I was there. Your Honor denied that motion.
因此 西尔先生今天没有辩护律师
Therefore, Mr. Seale is here without legal representation.
你这种语气令我不满 孔斯特勒先生
I don’t care for your general tone, Mr. Kunstler.
我对庭上没有冒犯之意
I meant no disrespect to the court.
我只是想说明
I’m trying to be clear

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!