Thank you, sir.
开始准备上诉吧
Just get to work on the appeal.
法官大人 等陪审团回来后
Your Honor, when the jury returns,
能否告知他们 辩方曾传唤
will they be informed that the defense had called
前美国司法部长作证
the former attorney general of the United States of America,
但法官裁定他不能作证
but this court ruled that he couldn’t testify?
不能 驳回此动议
No, that motion will be denied.
给孔斯特勒先生记第三项蔑视法庭罪
Cite Mr. Kunstler with his third count of contempt.
你就是个恶棍
You’re a thug.
有被告说话了吗
Did one of the defendants speak?
是我 我说你就是个恶棍 这是事实
I did. I said you’re a thug, because you are.
-戴夫 -请坐下 戴林格先生
– Dave. – Please sit, Mr. Dellinger.
-如果我们有罪 为什么不好好审判 -戴夫
– If we’re guilty, why not give us a trial? – Dave.
法警 让被告坐下
Marshals, seat the defendant.
如果我们有罪 你早已认定我们有罪
If we’re guilty, which you have clearly decided…
-戴夫 我来… -注意你的言行
– Dave, I’ve got… – Watch yourself.
你早已认定我们有罪 为什么不…
You’ve clearly decided that we were, why not…
不 不用 你不用抓我胳膊
No. You don’t… No, you don’t need to grab my arm.
如果我们有罪 为什么不好好审判
If we’re guilty, why not give us a trial?
我坐在这里六个月了 看着你的一举一动
I mean, I have sat here for six months and watched you!
你不用抓我胳膊
You don’t need to grab my arm.
我眼睁睁看着你 看着你
I have watched you. I’ve watched you…
先生
Sir…
没事的 他不是会动手的人
It’s okay. He would not hurt a fly.
把他带出去 关起来
Take him out of here. Lock him up.
我打了他
I hit him.
对不起
I’m sorry.
对不起
I’m sorry.
只有一件事 只有一件事要做
There’s only one thing. There’s one thing to do.
和戴夫团结一心
Solidarity with Dave.
明天我们就出庭让自己被捕
Tomorrow, we go into court and get ourselves arrested.
我们已经被捕了
We’re already arrested.
比尔是不是让你作证
Is Bill talking to you about taking the stand?
有些记者说
Some of the press guys are saying
比尔在和你商量这事
Bill’s been talking to you about taking the stand.
他确实和我商量过
He’s been talking to me about it.
他是不是觉得你能写篇意见书
He thinks you might get the crowd worked up
激起民愤
with a position paper?
也许他认为我完全不会煽动群众
Maybe he thinks I won’t try to get the crowd worked up at all.
也许他认为有些陪审员
Maybe he thinks there are jurors
关心警♥察♥的安危
who relied on the safety of the police
并且反感别人骂警♥察♥是猪
and are put off when someone calls them pigs,
或者他只是想找个穿得像成年人的证人
or maybe he wants a witness who dresses like a grown man.
1968年夏天
The cops in this city
这个城市的警♥察♥
in the summer of 1968
就是猪
were pigs.
不知道他们当中有多少人的孩子被派去越南了
I wonder how many of them had kids in Vietnam.
他要去作证 而不是你吗
He’s gonna take the stand, not you?
我们都没意见吗
And we’re okay with that?
艾比
Abbie?
你说我最不希望的就是结束战争 是什么意思
What did you mean, the last thing I want is to end the war?
什么
What?
天知道多久以前 审判刚开始的时候
Centuries ago when the trial started,
你问过我为什么来芝加哥
you said, why did I come to Chicago?
我回答 “为了结束战争”
And I said, “To end the war.”
然后你对所有人说
And then you turned to everyone and you said,
“他最不希望的就是结束战争”
“The last thing he wants is to end the war.”
你是什么意思
What did you mean by that?
意思是你想尽办法借此出风头
That you’re making the most of your close-up.
是吗
Yeah…
没有战争 就没有艾比·霍夫曼
No more war, no Abbie Hoffman.
你对我有什么意见 海登
What’s your problem with me, Hayden?
我真希望大家别再问我这个了
I wish people would stop asking me that.
-戴夫不会希望我们… -快回答
– Dave wouldn’t want us to… – Answer it.
就一次
One time.
好吧 我对你的意见就是
All right. My problem is that
接下来的50年里 人们一想到进步运动
for the next 50 years when people think of progressive politics,
就会想到你
they’re gonna think of you.
想到你和你愚蠢的追随者们
They’re gonna think of you and your idiot followers
给士兵们分发雏菊
passing out daisies to soldiers
还想让五角大楼飘起来
and trying to levitate the Pentagon.
他们不会想到平等或正义
So they’re not gonna think of equality or justice,
不会想到教育或贫困或进步
they’re not gonna think of education or poverty or progress.
只会想到一群嗑药磕得神志恍惚
They’re gonna think of a bunch of stoned, lost,
粗鲁无礼 污言秽语 目无法纪的失败者
disrespectful, foul-mouthed, lawless losers,
于是我们就会输掉选举
and so we’ll lose elections.
全都是因为我
All because of me?

Yeah.
赢得选举在你的愿望清单里排在第一位
Winning elections is the first thing on your wish list?
平等 正义 教育
Equality, justice, education,
贫困和进步 它们是第二位
poverty and progress, they’re second?
如果不能赢得选举
If you don’t win elections,
第二位是什么都不重要了
it doesn’t matter what’s second.
让我感到震惊的是
And it is astonishing to me that
你居然还不明白这个道理
someone still has to explain that to you.
好了
Okay.
好了 杰瑞刚才说到作证…
Okay, so, Jerry was talking about standing…
我们没有钱
We don’t have any money.
你说什么
I’m sorry, what?
我们没有钱
We don’t have any money.
所以我哗众取宠
So I stage stunts,
吸引媒体举着摄像机和麦克风过来
and cameras come and microphones come,
我也很震惊你还不明白这个道理
and it’s astonishing that someone still has to explain that to you.
你这是用一头牛去换魔豆[不切实际]You’re trading a cow for magic beans.
但最后结局不错
That ended up working.
什么
What?
魔豆 豌豆树上有个巨人
The magic beans. There was a giant up there.
天啊
For fuck’s…
我不记得那之后的故事了
I can’t remember what happened after that.
那个小男孩可能被吃掉了
The little boy may have gotten eaten…
巨人其实是个好人
The giant turned out to be nice.
-你确定吗 -不确定
– Are you sure? – No.
真难以置信 我们七个人居然无法结束战争
It’s hard to believe the seven of us weren’t able to end a war.
我这么问吧
Let me ask you something…
你们应该握手言和
You guys should shake hands.
你认为如果肯尼迪被提名了
You think Chicago would’ve gone differently
芝加哥这事会有所不同吗
if Kennedy got the nomination?
我认为…
Do I…
-就… -是啊
– Just… – Yeah.
是的 艾比
Yes, Abbie I do.
我认为肯尼迪家族会和戴利好好谈谈
I think the Irish guys would have sat down with Daley,
-是的 -我也这么认为
– and… Yes. – I think so too.
是吗
Yeah?
所以我才想知道
That’s why I was wondering.
当肯尼迪被刺杀时
Weren’t you just a little bit happy
你是不是有那么一点高兴
when the bullet ripped through his head?
没有芝加哥这事 就没有汤姆·海登
No Chicago, no Tom Hayden.
我可是他的护柩者之一 你这畜生
I was one of the pallbearers, you fucking animal!
没错 我们并不会因为自己的作为而入狱
That’s right, we’re not goin’ to jail because of what we did,
而是因为我们是什么样的人
we’re goin’ to jail because of who we are!
下次你再蔑视文化革命的时候 好好想想
Think about that the next time you shrug off cultural revolution.
你和我对于胜利的定义不同
We define winning differently, you and I.
比尔 你错过好戏了
Bill, you should’ve seen it.
汤姆刚想打我来着
Tom tried to beat me up,
不过鉴于我在智力上的绝对优势…
but through sheer force of intellectual superiority…
别说了 别说了
Stop talking. Just stop talking.
弗兰办公室的人今晚提交了这个
Foran’s office turned this over tonight.
作为证据
In discovery.
是人群中有人塞给他们的
It was given to them by somebody in the crowd.
有证词 不是他们在玩花样
No foul play, there are affidavits.
他们确实刚刚拿到这个
They really did just get this.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!