and in view of the jury, the press,
还有弗兰和舒尔茨
and Foran and Schultz,
他们会影响到我们的量刑
who’ll recommend sentencing if we’re convicted.
这是革命 汤姆 注定要伤害一些人的感情
It’s a revolution, Tom. We may have to hurt somebody’s feelings.
那个
So, um…
我们列了一份名单
we have this list.
也许周一上午我们可以念这份名单 让法庭记录在案
I was thinking maybe Monday morning, we could read the names into the record
-用来表达… -表达什么
– as a way of saying… – Saying what?
不管我们面对什么下场
That whatever we’re facing, you know,
相较之下都是微不足道的
it’s peanuts compared to what…
他会给我们判刑 法官会决定我们的下场
He’s gonna sentence us. The judge gets to decides what we’re facing.
-这是场审判 -政♥治♥审判
– It is a goddamn trial. – Political trial.
不 我们被捕是…法律不承认政♥治♥审判
No, we were arrested… The law doesn’t recognize political trials.
不 我们不是被捕 而是被选中了
No, we weren’t arrested. We were chosen.
李 约翰 你们有没有想过自己为什么会在被告之列
Lee, John, have you guys asked yourselves what you’re doing here?
每天都在想
Every day.
你们是赠品
You’re a give-back.
他们给陪审团几个可以判无罪的人
They give the jury a couple of guys they can acquit
这样他们判我们有罪时就心安理得了
so they feel better about finding the rest of us guilty.
莱尼 我有说错吗
Lenny, am I wrong?
没有
No.
等等 那我们的历史使命
Wait, so our role in history is that
就是让朋友更容易被定罪
we made it easier to convict our friends?
就算只是看不顺眼 他们也会判我们有罪
They’re gonna find us guilty if they just don’t like you.
所以比尔才不让我们作证
That’s why Bill won’t put any of us on the stand.
我可以作证 我比较讨人喜欢
I can take the stand. I’m easier for them to like.
我是如假包换的童子军队长
I’m literally a Boy Scout troop leader.
你出于道义拒绝服兵役
You’re a conscientious objector.
很多人都出于道义拒绝服兵役
A lot of people are conscientious objectors.
在二战期间
During World War II?
你没参加二战 连我都想打你
You sat out World War II. Even I wanna punch you.
-我们可以安排 -我很期待
– We can talk about that. – I’m looking forward to it.
我可以作证
I could take the stand.
鲁宾先生 你有没有在课堂上教过如何做炸♥弹♥
Mr. Rubin, you ever taught a classroom how to make a bomb?
初二学生都会在课上学奥本海默是如何做炸♥弹♥的
Man, eighth graders are taught how Oppenheimer made a bomb.
不是像你一样用超♥市♥买♥♥来的材料
Not one you can build with materials from Woolworth’s.
你知道讽刺的是什么吗
You know what’d be ironic?
-什么 -我说你知道…
– What? – I said, know what…
他听到了 他是问什么讽刺
He heard you. He’s asking what would be ironic.
如果约翰·米歇尔起诉我们
I was just gonna say if John Mitchell did
只是为了报复拉姆塞·克拉克呢
all this just to get back at Ramsey Clark.
-为什么 -还记得那事吗
– For what? – That thing, remember?
出于礼貌 即将卸任的内阁成员应该辞职
Outgoing cabinet members are supposed to resign as a courtesy,
但是拉姆塞·克拉克直到最后才…
but Ramsey Clark didn’t tender his resignation till…
对 我看过米歇尔大发雷霆的报道
Yeah, I read Mitchell had a fit about that.
-对 -你看过吗 莱尼
– Yeah. – Did you read about that, Lenny?
比尔
Bill?
他都不在我们的证人名单上
He was never even on our witness list.

Who?
你传唤的首位证人…
The first witness you put on the stand…
如果这真是政♥治♥审判…
If this was a political trial…
-伯娜丁 -什么事
– Bernadine. – Yeah.
让我办公室的人去找拉姆塞·克拉克
I need my office to find Ramsey Clark.
威廉·孔斯特勒终于发威了
And William Kunstler just showed up.
美国政♥府♥
莱纳
Len.
不好说 也许他有特勤局护卫
Maybe… I don’t know, does he have a Secret Service detail?
不 他们是为我们而来的
Nah, they’re here for us.
他是前任司法部长 我们该怎么做
He was the attorney general. What do we do?
-直接按门铃吗 -大概吧
– We just ring the doorbell? – Yeah, I guess so.
-要不你来按 -别磨蹭了
– You wanna do it? – Just ring the damn…
早上好 我是比尔·孔斯特勒 约了克拉克先生会面
Good morning, I’m Bill Kunstler. Mr. Clark is expecting us.
请进
Come in.
早上好
Good morning.
他在走廊尽头的书房♥
He’s in his study at the end of the hall.
有人想喝咖啡吗
Can I get anyone coffee?
那就太好了 女士
I tell you what, ma’am. That sounds great.
我不用了 谢谢
Nothing for me. Thank you.
走廊尽头
At the end of the hall.
海登先生
Mr. Hayden?
我在报上读到 只有你一个人为法官起立了
I read in the paper you were the only one who stood for the judge
在他那样对待鲍比之后
after what he did to Bobby.
我不是有意的 那是条件反射
Uh, that was a mistake. It was just a reflex.
汤姆
Tom?
比尔
Hey, Bill.
我是拉姆塞·克拉克
Ramsey Clark.
幸会 先生
Pleased to meet you, sir.
这是莱纳德·韦恩格拉斯
This is Leonard Weinglass.
-韦恩格拉斯先生 -这是汤姆·海登
– Mr. Weinglass. – And Tom Hayden.
我认得汤姆·海登
Oh, I know who Tom Hayden is.
联调局曾为我效劳
The FBI used to work for me.
那两位是司法部的
Those two men, they’re senior deputies
高级官员
with the Justice Department.
凯利先生和阿克曼先生
That’s Mr. Kelly and Mr. Ackerman.
-他们为什么在这里 -我请他们来的
– I don’t know why these men are here. – I invited them.
你请他们来的
You invited them?
我不想被人认为有不正当行为
I don’t want the appearance of impropriety.
没什么不正当行为啊
There isn’t any impropriety.
现在能有人见证了
And now there are witnesses to that.
先生 等我们一谈完
Sir, these men are gonna call
他们就会通知舒尔茨和弗兰
Schultz and Foran as soon as we’re done.
别开玩笑了 他们早就通知过了
Don’t be ridiculous. They already called Schultz and Foran.
等我们谈完 他们还会通知约翰·米歇尔
And they’re gonna call John Mitchell as soon as we’re done here.
开始吧 但问无妨
Go ahead, ask what you wanna ask.
-当着他们的面问 -没错
– In front of them? – Yeah.
好吧
All right.
克拉克先生 你担任约翰逊总统的司法部长时
Mr. Clark, while you were attorney general for President Johnson
是否曾与白宫商议过
was there ever any discussion with the White House
起诉我的当事人一事
about seeking indictments against my clients?
-他不能回答这个问题 -为什么
– He can’t answer that. – Why not?
这违反了法律
It’s against the law.
你对法律的理解还真是宽泛
That’s an overly broad interpretation of the law.
-先生 如果你想… -我告诉你吧
– Sir, If you’d like… – No I’ll tell you what.
我们已经见识过操纵陪审团 窃听
We’ve dealt with jury tampering, wiretapping,
堵住被告的嘴
a defendant that was literally gagged,
以及独断专行直接下判决的法官
and a judge who’s been handing down rulings from the bench
这种行为就算在洪都拉斯也不合法
that would be considered wrong in Honduras.
所以我现在对法律的兴趣
So I’m a little less interested in the law
可远不及审判初期了
than I was when this trial began.
不管你对法律有没有兴趣
Well, whether you like the law or not,
作为前任司法部长 他的确受法律保护
as former AG, he is protected by it.
不 你才受法律保护
No, you are protected by it.
恕我直言 先生 我可以给你发传票
And with respect, sir, I can subpoena you.
你去试试能不能找到愿意签署传票的法官
Find a judge in this circuit who will sign that subpoena.
他说得对 自愿出庭作证
He’s right. And taking the stand
的确对我有很大的风险
voluntarily would be a big risk for me.
再一次恕我直言 先生
Well, again, with due respect, sir,
我的当事人在反抗强权时所冒的风险
my clients take a much bigger risk when they…
-可比你大得多 -你怎么花了这么久
– stand against an enormous power… – What took you so long?
大到出乎他们的意料 而且…
that they can’t even see, and that…
抱歉 什么花了这么久
I’m sorry. What took me so long to do what?
现在才发现我是你的明星证人
To realize I’m your star witness.
-我们自己也讨论过… -比尔
– We were remarking upon that ourselves… – Bill…
他不能作证
He can’t testify.
我现在是私人律师
I’m in private practice now.
如果约翰·米歇尔想干掉我
And if John Mitchell wants to cut me in half,
他绝对说到做到
he can and he will.
你一定要…
You have to find some…
先生 你一定要鼓起勇气
Sir, you have to find some courage now…
-然后… -鼓起勇气 然后呢
– And… – Find some courage? Yeah.
没错 你要鼓起勇气…
Yes. You have to find some courage and…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!