– You were told? – Yeah.
我很遗憾
I’m so sorry.
你们七个人的父亲都是一类人 对吧
The seven of you, you’ve all got the same father, right?
我跟你说话呢
I’m talkin’ to you.
你们的父亲都是一类人 对吧
You all got the same father, right?
“剪短发 别搞基
“Cut your hair… don’t be a fag,
尊重权威 尊重美国 尊重我”
respect authority, respect America, respect me.”
你们的人生就是对父亲的反抗 对吧
Your life, it’s a “fuck you” to your father, right?
有一点吧
A little?
-也许吧 -也许吧
– Maybe. – Maybe.
你明白这和被吊死在树上有什么区别吧
And you can see how that’s different from a rope on a tree?
嗯
Yeah.
嗯
Yeah.
他先是肩膀中枪
He was shot in the shoulder first.
肩膀中枪就无法瞄准
You can’t aim a gun if you’ve been shot in the shoulder.
扣不动扳机
You can’t squeeze the trigger.
第二枪打中头部
Second shot was in his head.
弗莱德是被处决的
Fred was executed.
还有别的事吗
Anything else?
没了
No.
请回想一下第二天晚上
Calling your attention to the evening of the next day,
8月27日周二 你在格兰特公园吗
Tuesday, August 27th, were you in Grant Park?
是的 当时有”释放休伊·牛顿”的集♥会♥
Yes. There was a “Free Huey Newton” Rally going on.
你认得发言的人吗
Recognize any of the speakers?
我听了杰瑞·鲁宾做演说
I heard Jerry Rubin give a speech.
菲尔·奥克斯唱歌♥ 然后鲍比·西尔做演说
Phil Ochs sang, and then Bobby Seale gave a speech.
我反对此人对我的指证
I object to this testimony against me
因为我被剥夺了请律师的权利
because I have been denied counsel.
知道了
We understood.
你记得西尔先生的演说内容吗
Do you recall any of Mr. Seale’s speech?
记得 他说…
Yes. He said…
-我反对此人… -安静
– I object to this man’s… – Quiet!
继续
Go ahead.
-我可以看笔记吗 -可以
– May I refer to notes? – Yes.
审判第89天
他说 “我们必须明白 当我们试图
He said, “We must understand that as we go forth
铲除这些堕落的政客”
to try to move the reprobate politicians…”
法官大人
Your Honor…
“我们懦弱的国会 鬼话连篇 两面三刀的尼克松”
“Our cowardly Congress, the jive, double-lip talking Nixon…”
“鬼话连篇 两面三刀的尼克松”
“Jive, double-lip, talking Nixon…”
你把我说得像个奇葩 谢谢你了
You’re making me sound like one funky cat. Thank you, sir.
最后一次警告 西尔先生
Last warning, Mr. Seale.
他还说了什么
Did he say anything else?
他说 “目前的革命
He said, “The revolution at this time
与有组织的武装力量休戚相关”
is directly connected to organized guns in force.”
提问完毕
No more questions.
鬼话连篇 两面三刀 真是奇葩
Jive, double-lip talking. Funky, funky cat.
辩方想盘问证人吗
Would the defense like to cross-examine the witness?
是的 我坐在这里说了
Yes. I’m sittin’ here saying that
我想盘问证人
I would like to cross-examine a witness.
只有律师可以跟证人说话
Only lawyers can address a witness.
我的律师是查尔斯·盖瑞
My lawyer is Charles Garry.
我听够了你这一套
I’m tired of hearing that.
我才不管你听没听够
Couldn’t care less what you’re tired of.
你说什么
What did you say?
我说我一点也不在乎
I said it would be impossible for me to care any less
你听没听够
what you are tired of.
并且我要求盘问证人
And I demand to cross-examine the witness.
坐下 不准说话
Sit in your chair and be quiet.
再也不准用这种态度跟本席说话
And don’t ever address this court in that manner again.
还有其它问题吗
Are there any further questions?
休庭一小时
We’ll stand in recess for one hour,
开庭时间为…
and court will resume again…
-那是蓄意杀人 -没错
– It was premeditated murder! – Yes, it was!
弗莱德·汉普顿昨晚被暗♥杀♥了
Fred Hampton was assassinated last night!
法警 把西尔先生…
Marshals, put Mr. Seale…
他根本握不住枪
He wouldn’t have been able to hold a gun!
等他们公布验尸报告
When they publish the coroner’s report,
问问他肩膀里的子弹
ask about the bullet in his shoulder!
我严正警告你 西尔先生
I strongly caution you, Mr. Seale.
我严正警告…
I strongly caution…
严正操♥你♥妈♥
Oh, strongly fuck yourself!
法警 把该被告带去别的房♥间
Marshals, take that defendant into a room
该怎么办就怎么办
and deal with him as he should be dealt with.
不要为朱利叶斯·霍夫曼起立
请记录下来 我试过保持公平公正
Let the record show that I tried, fairly and impartially.
我试过让被告自行坐下
I tried to get the defendant to sit on his own.
我再问一遍 西尔先生
I ask you again, Mr. Seale,
你可以通过上下点头
and you may indicate by raising your head up and down,
或左右摇头来示意
or moving it from side to side,
你是否保证
if I have your assurance
如果我解除对你的限制
that you will not do anything to disrupt this trial,
你不会以任何形式扰乱公堂
if I allow you to resume proper order.
你能保证吗
Do I have your assurance?
舒尔茨先生 传唤你的下一位证人
Mr. Schultz, call your next witness.
舒尔茨先生
Mr. Schultz?
法官大人 请求上前商议
Your Honor, may we approach?
你能呼吸吗
Can he breathe?
能正常呼吸吗 鲍比
Can you breathe all right, Bobby?
法官大人 我们的被告
Your Honor, our defendant is gagged
在美国法庭上被绑住手脚 堵住嘴
and bound in an American courtroom.
这是他自找的
He brought it on himself.
你疯了吗
Are you insane?
孔斯特勒先生
Mr. Kunstler.
老天啊
Love of God.
你想怎样 舒尔茨先生 是你请求商议的
What do you want, Mr. Schultz? This is your sidebar.
法官大人 检方现在想提出动议
Your Honor, at this time, the government would like to make a motion
将鲍比·西尔移出…
that Bobby Seale be separated…
-等一下 -让我说完
– Wait, wait, wait… – Sir, please.
提出动议将鲍比·西尔
A motion that Bobby Seale be separated
移出被告行列
from the rest of the defendants
并宣告他的审判无效
and his case be declared a mistrial.
你想让我宣告他的审判无效
You want me to give him his mistrial?
当然了 因为你把那位黑人
Of course, because you took that Black guy
塑造成了惹人同情的角色
and you made him a sympathetic character.
孔斯特勒先生 我已经一把年纪了
Mr. Kunstler, I have lived a very long time, sir.
你是头一个
And you’re the first person ever
暗示我歧视黑人的人
to suggest that I have discriminated against a Black man.
那就记录下来 我是第二个
Then let the record show that I am the second.
回去
Step back.
我宣布被告鲍比·G·西尔的审判无效
I’m issuing an order declaring a mistrial as to the defendant Bobby G. Seale.
西尔先生 你因接连做出不敬行为
Mr. Seale, you are currently charged with 16 counts of contempt
被控16项蔑视法庭罪
for your repeated displays of disrespect,
你在康涅狄格州还有一项待审谋杀罪
and you have a pending homicide charge in Connecticut.
你没有被释放 先生 并且我认为你要坐一辈子牢
You are not home free, sir, and I doubt you ever will be.
休庭到周一上午10点
We are adjourned until 10:00, Monday.
全体起立
All rise.
共谋办公室 需要什么帮助吗
Conspiracy Office, how can I help you?
不 先生 我是白人女性
No, sir. I am a white woman.
对 我这辈子已经睡过好几个了 综合考量
Yeah, I’ve slept with several in my life so far, and on balance,
我认为确实更爽
I’d have to say it is better.
说实话 我认为这就是你气愤的原因
To tell you the truth, I think that’s a big part of what’s got you worked up.
挂掉电♥话♥
Hang up the phone.
并不是因为尺寸更大 而是因为功夫更好
It’s not so much that it’s bigger. It’s just better. You know what I mean?
挂掉电♥话♥
Hang up the phone.
这话是说来送别鲍比的吗
Was that a parting gift for Bobby?
不 只是我自己想说
No. That was just for me.
你♥他♥妈♥为什么起立
Why the fuck did you stand up?
是条件反射
It was a reflex.
他尊敬体制
He was respecting the institution.
我不认为冒犯法官对我们有什么好处
I don’t know what good it does to insult the judge.
而且是当着陪审团和媒体的面